Arsenal Last Night:

Wojciech Szczęsny (21)
      Laurent Koscielny (25)
      Johan Djorou (24)
      Alex Song (23)
      Abou Diaby (24)
      Cesc Fábregas (23)
      Robin Van Persie (27)

Fundamentally, this team doesn't have what it takes in terms of experience and leadership through the middle of the park. And that is frankly inexcusable when the problem has existed for three seasons in succession now.

It's not that you can't win anything with kids. It's that you can't win anything when you only have kids.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        I knew it would be your cup of tea alright

I actually quite liked it too
        It's much tighter and more convincing than her follow up The Shock Doctrine that's for sure.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

You can tell that you took the Emirates tour recently Flushdraw!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            http://www.amazon.com/Swoosh-Unautho.../dp/0887306225

reviews seem good for this one.. havent read it myself
            Cheers - that's the best I've seen so far. I'll check in when I get up later to see if anyone else has a recommendation before I pull the trigger on Amazon.

Comment

Nike's logo, now considered one of the most powerful logos in the world, was commissioned for a mere $35 from Carolyn Davidson.[5] According to Nike's website, Knight stated "I don't love it, but it will grow on me."
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                Nike's logo, now considered one of the most powerful logos in the world, was commissioned for a mere $35 from Carolyn Davidson.[5] According to Nike's website, Knight stated "I don't love it, but it will grow on me."
                She was only 5 years old? They started the way they meant to go on with the child labour.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Sergio Ramos drops cup. Crushing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=329C1ZZff10
                  Ramos is renowned for being more or less retarded but to be fair to him he was fairly awesome last night.

I was in Cibeles last night but have no memory of seeing the team, let alone seeing Ramos drop the trophy. I hate Real Madrid, and I only went to Cibeles because my madrid-supporting friend said it would be good craic, but I have to say they put on a good session when they win.

Comment

Watched Game of Thrones again last night on Sky Anytime. I'd highly recommend watching it again for anyone who like me hasn't read the books and was a little confused.

SPOILER
                    For instance, I didn't get the relevance of the sister's letter the first time around, I didn't realise the Qeen and her twin brother had killed the King's hand. Knowing that added so much depth to the story. Also, when the King is talking to Stark about Stark's sister's death, he mentions the Targaryens were responsible. The evil exiled prince and his sister are Targaryen.

Also, I was wondering are the twins having sex to create an heir or are they simply lovers? *

*edit, hypothetical Q, don't want a spoiler
                    Last edited by Lazare; 21-04-11, 10:16.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

big brother is watching

iam surprised jim corr hasn't got anything up about it yet

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Watched Game of Thrones again last night on Sky Anytime. I'd highly recommend watching it again for anyone who like me hasn't read the books and was a little confused.

SPOILER
                        For instance, I didn't get the relevance of the sister's letter the first time around, I didn't realise the Qeen and her twin brother had killed the King's hand. Knowing that added so much depth to the story. Also, when the King is talking to Stark about Stark's sister's death, he mentions the Targaryens were responsible. The evil exiled prince and his sister are Targaryen.

Also, I was wondering are the twins having sex to create an heir or are they simply lovers? *

*edit, hypothetical Q, don't want a spoiler
                        It really is not a series you can dip in and out of alright. I read somewhere recently that there were over 1000 named characters in the books to date, which is quite incredible really.

Comment

FS, havent been sick in almost 2 years and have the feelings of a fuck of headcold coming on, just as we are about to go on the longest weekend of all. Bah

Comment

Horse the vitamin c into you Kev.
                            You aren't immune to it yet, uniflu can be good.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              FS, havent been sick in almost 2 years and have the feelings of a fuck of headcold coming on, just as we are about to go on the longest weekend of all. Bah
                              manup ffs
                              don't let a little thing like a cold stop you

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Good time to remind people that any help doing updates will be appreciated at the IO. Saturday and somewhat Friday are the days we are light on help. If anyone just fancies calling over for a chat either, then that is cool as well.

Kev is there all weekend, I'll be there most of Friday and then Sunday.

Comment

See ya there Dom...least I won't be on my lonesome!

Comment

Hope to see some of you at the Burlo later!

Anyone looking for a good festival line up that still has tickets left take a look at this:

Fantastic Line Up: Chemical Brothers, Linkin Park, QOTSA, Beady Eye, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, My Chemical Romance, Coldplay, The Black Eyed Peas, Iron Maiden, Grinderman, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Brandon Flowers & The Vaccines plus loads more.
                                    sigpic
                                    www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                      Horse the vitamin c into you Kev.
                                      You aren't immune to it yet, uniflu can be good.
                                      Thats the plan man

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                      manup ffs
                                      don't let a little thing like a cold stop you
                                      lol I'm in work and still gonna be at the IO all weekend, it aint stopping me. Its a fuckin cunt though

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Good time to remind people that any help doing updates will be appreciated at the IO. Saturday and somewhat Friday are the days we are light on help. If anyone just fancies calling over for a chat either, then that is cool as well.

Kev is there all weekend, I'll be there most of Friday and then Sunday.
                                      Good man Dom. I should be there from bout 2ish tomorrow - unless anyone is heading up earlier tomorrow from Waterford that fancies giving me a spin?

Comment

[NSFW=""][/NSFW]
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Note to Sky Sports Golf analysts - stick to the golf lads! Jamie Spence to Di this morning: "It's like ah Real Madrid in the ah Cuppa del Spain last night" to which Di quickly comes in "Thats the Copa del Rey Jamie". Class!

Comment

Just placed my bet in Boyles on the IO for interest. Blaaa @ 200/1 e/w for 10 euro. Just wondering what the payout is if he were to win/go out first on the FT?

<<<< bookies noob

Comment

I got the wife a new belt & bag for our anniversary.Thats the hoover working perfect now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                                Just placed my bet in Boyles on the IO for interest. Blaaa @ 200/1 e/w for 10 euro. Just wondering what the payout is if he were to win/go out first on the FT?

<<<< bookies noob
                                                I'm not sure about Boyles, but Paddy Power are just paying the top 5 at 1/4 of the odds

so if he wins..you get 5x200 = €1000 + 5x50 = €250

€1250 profit + your €10 back

if he comes 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th..you get 5x50 = €250

€250 profit + your €5 back

That's if you backed it €5 e/w , which it looks like you did.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                                  I'm not sure about Boyles, but Paddy Power are just paying the top 5 at 1/4 of the odds

so if he wins..you get 5x200 = €1000 + 5x50 = €250

€1250 profit + your €10 back

if he comes 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th..you get 5x50 = €250

€250 profit + your €5 back

That's if you backed it €5 e/w , which it looks like you did.
                                                  Thanks for that. No i stuck 20 on it, 10 e/w.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                    lol same recipe....

yes they may have the same recipe but anytime i've been to tribeca there is a lack of sauce at the bottom of my wings. I like the wings because of the sauce being cheated outta sauce to dip my chips into means alot to me hense they are poor mans E&C wings. They are not the only restaurants to have the recipe. I was at Hartleys at the weekend and they had them, infact they were the poor mans Tribeca wings but their rib eye made up for it.

I've already posted in BBV the secret to the sauce, I make them myself at home all the time, i even went out and bought a deep frier when i found out the recipe to get the wings good and crispy. Its not rocket science just ask Frank.

Comment

Question thing on Facebook. Who's the best player in the premier league? Let's get Phil Babb the respect he deserves..hes answer 90 odd

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          Im safely ensconced indoors watching the Padres v Cubs baseball. And watching the snooker on the live ticker scoreboard.

Now can anyone sus what this docket is about?. Found it crushed up against my door at work and had a curious gander but cant make head nor tail of it. My best guess is its a lotto bet,maybe a dogs reverse forecast based on the time placed but i have no clue really. Maybe Careca with his union jacks and patents will know this right off.
                                                          Out of curiosity any degens able to identify or decode what this bet could be on?

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                          I reckon it's a dog race. There was an 11:11 race at Sheffield on the 18/4. So surely some kind of forecast.

But my bookmaking mate reckons it's that rapido thing. You know the heads and tails number thing? Apparently 12 draws a day and all in morning so D 11 could be Draw 11!

The mystery is deepening.
                                                          Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          Damn wished we could have left it at that. Rapido is now a possibility as there are 90 numbers in that but just checked and the first draw was on at 12.49
                                                          Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                          Winner (makes a change AJ) imo
                                                          Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Actually on second look it does look a little more like an S than a R and would make more sense in terms of the stake(not doubling as in a rfc)

Rounders you should go into the PP shop closest to where you found it and ask the cashier. If it's from one of their regs they'll know straight away.
                                                          Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                          This looks like a double on the two numbers in the lunchtime 49ers imo, watever time they are on at these days i aint sure, could be 1.11 or else 11.11
                                                          Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                          Or does Rapido still go on? It could be a double on one of those things, i think they used to go up to 80 or something
                                                          Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                          The 49s are on at 12.49 and 5.49 so no luck there either.

It's almost defo rapido
                                                          It's 100% Rapido. It's a €3 euro double on 67 and 51 in Draw 11 of rapido on the 18/4. Draw 11 took place at 11:06 that day.

Case solved at fucking last. Thanks to my mate who works for Ladbrokes for going back through the draws on the system to find the time of the draw lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                                            Thanks for that. No i stuck 20 on it, 10 e/w.
                                                            Did a few on Boyles, think e/w is Top 6.

Comment

the degen in me is obviously receding as I have no idea what Rapido is
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                Did a few on Boyles, think e/w is Top 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                  Was looking for that the other day, but couldn't remember who posted it - any chance you could repost recipe?

available in Superquinn and other stores I'm sure,
                                                                  It will take you a few goes to get the balance and personal spicy level right but just mix with melted butter

Comment

gl in the Irish Open IPBers

I expect some stirring tales of epic suckouts on Tuesday
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's just like an early morning lottery thing to pass the time before the Dogs/racing start. People only usually bet on heads or tails in rapido. Red numbers are heads and blacks are tails. It's pretty awful tbh. Give me a virtual race over it anyday
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

gl in the Irish Open IPBers

I expect some stirring tales of epic suckouts on Tuesday
                                                                        +1

nothing less than a new IO champion from IPB exceptable ,

Just do it

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                          It's 100% Rapido. It's a €3 euro double on 67 and 51 in Draw 11 of rapido on the 18/4. Draw 11 took place at 11:06 that day.

Case solved at fucking last. Thanks to my mate who works for Ladbrokes for going back through the draws on the system to find the time of the draw lol!
                                                                          So what's the
                                                                          1)
                                                                          about

and is he having a 3 double on two single numbers out of 100
                                                                          Degens LOL
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You should swing by be awesome to have you writing out some tales from the felt
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Looking forward to reading the updates and visiting the Burlo - hope the weather outside doesn't get too nice to drive those inside crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                So what's the
                                                                                1)
                                                                                about

and is he having a 3 double on two single numbers out of 100
                                                                                Degens LOL
                                                                                The 1) is a D for draw, so draw 11. I think there's 80 numbers, 20 get drawn and he needs the two to come out for a 12/1 winner.

Comment

I see Kenny intends on keeping Aquilani next season after his loan finishes. Clever move because he's >>>>>>>>Charlie Adam. He's had a mainly injury free season this year for the first time in about four years and he's been Juve's best player by a distance. Himself and the ever improving Lucas will make a really good central midfield partnership imo.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Thats the plan man

lol I'm in work and still gonna be at the IO all weekend, it aint stopping me. Its a fuckin cunt though

Good man Dom. I should be there from bout 2ish tomorrow - unless anyone is heading up earlier tomorrow from Waterford that fancies giving me a spin?
                                                                                    Il be heading up earlier from Clashmore so if you could get somewhere like Dungarvan i could pick ya. Id prob be leaving about 9 tho so may be a bit early for ya aswell.

There is a good few Dungarvan lads going up so maybe if you said it to Anthony or Colin one of that crew might be going through the city to get to Dublin. Im personally taking the Dublin- Cork road as its a dream road.
                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

was someone looking for a tent recently?

I got one like it in go-sport in france before.
                                                                                      very easy to open, easy to close once you get the hang of it.

Comment

I see Kenny intends on keeping Aquilani next season after his loan finishes. Clever move because he's >>>>>>>>Charlie Adam. He's had a mainly injury free season this year for the first time in about four years and he's been Juve's best player by a distance. Himself and the ever improving Lucas will make a really good central midfield partnership imo.
                                                                                        I would love to have him back but some of that is just posturing on Kenny's part to make Juve aware we won't be playing ball on the price as they have been giving signals in the press lately that they want to negotiate the price down further. If they cough up the agreed upon price then we have no choice but to sell him as part of one of the worst deals of all time when we loaned him to them.

Opr

Comment

Where'd you see that? I'd love if we kept him, wasn't overly confident we would though. If Juve meet the agreed asking price I don't think we have any choice but to let him go.
                                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                            Where'd you see that? I'd love if we kept him, wasn't overly confident we would though. If Juve meet the agreed asking price I don't think we have any choice but to let him go.

Opr

Comment

Since when is Daglish going to be there for pre season training?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                I would love to have him back but some of that is just posturing on Kenny's part to make Juve aware we won't be playing ball on the price as they have been giving signals in the press lately that they want to negotiate the price down further. If they cough up the agreed upon price then we have no choice but to sell him as part of one of the worst deals of all time when we loaned him to them.

Opr
                                                                                                Oh didn't know he had future buy out clause as part of the loan deal. How much is it for??

Edit just saw your link

Quote taken from twitter which was taken from a press conference today.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                    Since when is Daglish going to be there for pre season training?
                                                                                                    Rumours doing the rounds the last few days that Kenny and Steve Clark have both been offered 3 year contracts, nothing official though.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                      . Im personally taking the Dublin- Cork road as its a dream road.
                                                                                                      Not when you drive the entire length of it twice a week!

Comment

GL to everyone playing the IO, will pop in over the weekend.
                                                                                                        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Rumours doing the rounds the last few days that Kenny and Steve Clark have both been offered 3 year contracts, nothing official though.
                                                                                                          Clarke is essential. Literally a top, top coach.

Comment

I would be absolutley flabbergasted if Kenny wasnt offered the job
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'll drive Poulsen to Copenhagen myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                As RDIII says, it's a magnificently run club. Arsenal spent £390m on the new stadium. They made about £120m from selling the old Highbury as luxury apartments. Emirates paid upwards of £150m to have their name on the stadium for 15 years. All money was paid upfront giving us a nice fund to build the stadium the way Arsenal (and Arsene Wenger in particular) wanted. When the naming rights are up, someone is going to have to pay another £70m+ to have their name on the stadium.

It's a 60,000 seater with 50,000 seats on the ground and top tiers. The 2nd and 3rd tiers have 10,000 seats and Arsenal make more money from those seats than they did from the whole of Highbury. The 2nd tier has 7k seats and you'll pay between £2k-£4.5k for a season ticket. The 3rd tier has 3k seats and these are sold to businesses and companies in groups of 10-14 seats and they can pay up to £150k for the privilege. There's also weddings, parties etc held on these floors and there's daily events on that bring money into the club. We're also the official European home of Brazil football club and they've played 6 times there i think.

The stadium is bringing a massive amount of money into the club and once the debt is cleared off, that will largely be profit. When you add the sales from players, club shirts, the shop, restaurants etc we're in a really good financial position and don't rely on a sugar daddy like Chelsea/Man City
                                                                                                                Does £150m for 15 years seem like a shit deal to anyone else?
                                                                                                                Arsenal also not getting good deals for their shirts imo, Nike (£8m/pa), Emirates (£6m/pa). Compare these with other teams and they are pretty laughable. Also don't they not even get the full cut from their stores?

Liverpool - Adidas (£12m/pa) rising to £15m when the deal ends supposedly and Standard Charter (£20m/pa).

United - Nike (£25m/pa) and Aon (£20m/pa).

Chelsea - Adidas (was £10m/pa) and Samsung (was £11m/pa) but both have been renewed and the current values aren't known but I guess they've increased.

Spurs - Autonomy (£20m/pa), Investect (£5m/pa plus bonuses), Puma (£5m/pa). Spurs changing to Under Armour worth £10m/pa next season.

Comment

Was this posted ? lol, Sergio Ramos drops trophy off the bus.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXxSuzRpTps[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Id like to wise all the IPBs all the best of luck in the Irish Open hope one of ye ship it.

Comment

Speaking of football shirts...whats the worst premier league one ever?

Comment

for €50 euro I'll put myself into a shaman trance for the weekend and make sure you win the Irish Open, guarenteed.

*guarentee void if accepted
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                          Speaking of football shirts...whats the worst premier league one ever?
                                                                                                                          lol @ that GK jersey

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X