This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
    Nice to have nice things. I only have 2 watches. 1 for day to day and one for sports or gardening etc that I dont mind scrapping and wrecking so im not one of those guys who collects them or anything.
    Cuff links keep my cuffs together and look much sharper than standard buttons. This is vaniety, image and whatever else but I am comfortable with that.

Also left the ring out of the maths so thats why 1/2 of 3 = 1 in this case. Im not married and you dont get a huge choice in rings id imagine anyway.
    For me my wedding ring was a massive decision..
    huge range and choice btw.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    nice watch LL

a bit disturbing that none of us have gone for diamond-encrusted bling
    maybe they are to shy to show it in case they get rolled leaving the fitz!
    Last edited by Mike; 20-04-11, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      I remember a couple of years ago playing poker in the riverside in drogheda with a guy that showed me that same watch, wasn't you raoul was it?
      Doubt it, they are Common as muck

Sunglasses >>>> Watches
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Second one is the cheapest casio watch available. (Around 10 euros), it has lasted about 5 years and still looks and performs perfectly. You can swim in it, run with it, throw it at the wall. It will not break.

First watch for is going out and formal occasions. It's a Rotary. A small and understated watch. My Dad got it for me a few years ago. I've had to replace the screen, the wrist several times (next time I'm upgrading to crocodile leather) and got the glass plate replaced, and the workings fixed. All this cost far more than than watch in the first place (As the guy in the shop told me), but I wouldn't swap it for the world.
        Well one needs to be adjusted for the hour change a few weeks ago!!!!!

Comment

I hate jewelry with the exception of my watch, bought by my wife for me as my wedding present back in 1999.

I stilll have her......and the wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            I remember a couple of years ago playing poker in the riverside in drogheda with a guy that showed me that same watch, wasn't you raoul was it?
            could have been, I played at a couple of shortstack's festivals in Drogheda
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

nice watch LL

a bit disturbing that none of us have gone for diamond-encrusted bling
              I think nice watches are very cool (have a towards-the-cheaper-end-of-the-range Tag Heuer myself), and I'm someone who thinks most people are idiots when it comes to discretionary spending! I'd definitely have no problem if my watch was worth more than my car.

Diamond-encrusted bling isn't cool though, it just looks a little tacky most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                speaking of watches, just rooted out hubbys old Tag that he bought 8 yrs ago!
                mine is fake obviously 15 quid in thailand!

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Second one is the cheapest casio watch available. (Around 10 euros), it has lasted about 5 years and still looks and performs perfectly. You can swim in it, run with it, throw it at the wall. It will not break.

First watch for is going out and formal occasions. It's a Rotary. A small and understated watch. My Dad got it for me a few years ago. I've had to replace the screen, the wrist several times (next time I'm upgrading to crocodile leather) and got the glass plate replaced, and the workings fixed. All this cost far more than than watch in the first place (As the guy in the shop told me), but I wouldn't swap it for the world.
                wow a watch for a tenner with a swimming pool in it i want one of those
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                  Diamond-encrusted bling isn't cool though, it just looks a little tacky most of the time.
                  BIGMICKG will not like this

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    For me my wedding ring was a massive decision..
                    huge range and choice btw.
                    you get a plain band in the metal of your choice

not much to think about imo

Comment

Also, just regarding people who use their phone as a means of telling time, if you have a bulky smartphone, using a wrist watch is much more convenient than fishing the phone out of your pocket and replacing it again - and you don't run the risk of the phone being stolen out of your hand by one of those horrible lower-class ruffians who wander about (no doubt without watches on their wrist, oh the horror of it all!), forever on the prowl and looking to get one over on the watch-wearing fops

Comment

Would rather a wedding watch than a wedding ring.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

i would never spend big money on a watch, so i was quite surprised when i came on this little jem a few years back in a market in france. havn't taken it off since and it hasn't lost time once.
                          SPOILER

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                            Well one needs to be adjusted for the hour change a few weeks ago!!!!!
                            Guess which one changes automatically!

Comment

BIGMICKG will not like this
                              Ha, I actually like Mick's watch, it definitely says SuperNovaElite to me! I was more thinking of this watch I saw Anton Ferdinand (the footballer) wearing on TV a few years ago, it was waaaaaay over the top bling, think he said it cost £30K!

Comment

What Kayroo and Smoothcall dream:
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

you get a plain band in the metal of your choice

not much to think about imo
                                  maybe its just me in that case..

Comment

some day......

Comment

This is my watch, pretty classy imo. I love it anyway...

Comment

Jesus BK

that's absolutely horrific

Comment

I very nearly went for a Raymond Weil, but in the end plumped for

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Jesus BK

that's absolutely horrific
                                            serious watch for a serious dude

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                              I very nearly went for a Raymond Weil, but in the end plumped for

how many seconds does it take to go from 0-60?

Comment

hmm Here we go again

An Ode To IPB
                                                Part 2

Two thousand Posts Hey Hey Hey
                                                Must be writing loads every day
                                                Yeah Yeah Yeah It drives ye mad
                                                But cmon on , I aint that bad

I’m five pound lighter, yes indeed
                                                After all ye forced me to read
                                                Warewolf, Weightwatchers WTF
                                                It really is a load of muck

Ye make me smile, ye piss me off
                                                I laugh so much i wanna cough
                                                Log on daily, to read your posts
                                                Which sometimes come from coast to coast

Sat Nav, Msn I can be who you want
                                                Always and forever I’m upfront
                                                Not good I know, as I never do think
                                                Even when I post a Link

Gonna take my time
                                                To reach 3k
                                                And only post a little a day
                                                Now we all know that is a lie
                                                However hard that I may try!

Michelle Gavigan 19/04/2011
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pLwPHH0Xs[/ame]
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

MSN-

Poetic ability: 2/10

Layout: 10/10
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      MSN-

Poetic ability: 2/10

Layout: 10/10
                                                      Think you have them the wrong way around

As I said before you have to read it in a kind of sing song voice to get the jist of it
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I wish I had thought of this, i'd be a rich man by now.

Discover 326,450 Ads in All Sections For Sale in Ireland on DoneDeal. Buy & Sell on Ireland's Largest All Sections Marketplace.
                                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

MSN, You didn't have an aunt called Sylvia Plath by any chance?

Comment

United to win the EPL @1/6 on PP is free money at this stage no?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              MSN, You didn't have an aunt called Sylvia Plath by any chance?
                                                              who is she ????
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                United to win the EPL @1/6 on PP is free money at this stage no?
                                                                Not yet.

Comment

Ah on the topic of watches you most likely won't like mine then

Comment

who is she ????
                                                                    Poet, married to the novelist Ted Hughes. Died in the 60's
                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Big fan of my watch too. Couldn't find a great pic but this'll do.
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                        Poet, married to the novelist Ted Hughes. Died in the 60's
                                                                        Odds on next question being "And who is he?"

In all seriousness MSN, nice work. Not likely to have Heaney shivering in fear for his career but good enough for this rabble

Comment

Nice watch Kayroo - but I'm not a fan of the leather strap, it has got to be a metal bracelet-style strap for me!

Comment

Nice watch Kayroo - but I'm not a fan of the leather strap, it has got to be a metal bracelet-style strap for me!
                                                                            I spent quite a lot of time considering this and it's leather for me. Just feels more comfortable and that's a pretty big dealbreaker for me.

Comment

hmm Here we go again

An Ode To IPB
                                                                              Part 2

Two thousand Posts Hey Hey Hey
                                                                              Must be writing loads every day
                                                                              Yeah Yeah Yeah It drives ye mad
                                                                              But cmon on , I aint that bad

I’m five pound lighter, yes indeed
                                                                              After all ye forced me to read
                                                                              Warewolf, Weightwatchers WTF
                                                                              It really is a load of muck

*******

Ye make me smile, ye piss me off
                                                                              I laugh so much i wanna cough
                                                                              Log on daily, to read your posts
                                                                              Which sometimes come from coast to coast

Sat Nav, Msn I can be who you want
                                                                              Always and forever I’m upfront
                                                                              Not good I know, as I never do think
                                                                              Even when I post a Link

*******

Gonna take my time
                                                                              To reach 3k
                                                                              And only post a little a day
                                                                              Now we all know that is a lie
                                                                              However hard that I may try!

*********

Michelle Gavigan 19/04/2011

i thanked it because you reached 2000 posts
                                                                              but it is some heap of crap of a poem

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                Not yet.
                                                                                Really?

Chelsea and Arsenal are going to suddenly become not shit and win all the rest of their games?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                  See its the same in Vue and more previews on the Wed. May wait til Wed as there may still be some leftover easter monday drinking to be done

If it lives up to the trailer I'll be delighted. Green Lantern the next quality one after that I think but a while yet for that
                                                                                  Don't like Vue any more, Stringer Bell is in it cant be that bad?

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                  u go for it, as i wont be on pc over weekend, we can leave the dosh we ye guys
                                                                                  You lazy bastard

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                  I'm glad to see it's being well recieved. They've confirmed they're gonna make season 2 whatever happens now. 4.2m people watched it on Sunday night and 1.2m watched the repeats on Monday, so the marketing machine has done a good job. I can guarantee that when the story gets into its stride there's gonna be plenty of chins wagging about it so I'm fairly sure it'll have the legs.

A lot of people seemed confused about who the two people shagging at the end were. I thought they could have had their relationship confirmed a few times closer to the event just to make sure there was no doubt. It's my only critique of the episode.

SPOILER
                                                                                  Yes, that was Jaime Lannister, a knight of the King's elite honour guard, banging his twin sister Cersei, the Queen. Nothing like a bit of incest to liven things up. When you think the Dothraki wedding was a bit lively, this incident makes it clear how far this story is willing to go to shock you.
                                                                                  DIREWOLF PUPPIES FOR EVERYONE! After just one episode, “Game of Thrones” has already been renewed for a second season. The quick turnaround is the same model HBO employed when it renewed “Boardwalk Empire” last fall — even though “Thrones” had a markedly smaller debut audience (about 4 million total viewers compared to “Boardwalk’s” 7 million). Alan Sepinwall writes:

The early spin I’ve seen is that “Boardwalk” was promoted all summer during HBO’s biggest hit, “True Blood,” where “Game of Thrones” was immediately preceded by the low-rated “Mildred Pierce,” and before that by the limping final season of “Big Love.” And also that “True Blood” started even smaller, with 1.4 million viewers, before growing into the channel’s biggest hit, and that perhaps “Thrones” can similarly grow.
                                                                                  Taken from here, http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/tag/game-of-thrones

pretty cool concept camera- http://vimeo.com/22134219
                                                                                  I want one!

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Same in Vue
                                                                                  Got my matinee tickets last night
                                                                                  I'd much rather watch this in 2d than 3d
                                                                                  Must check to see if it was filmed in 3D or post processed from 2D they always turn out crap.

if we're going to talk about watches, tylerdurden is going to explode with joy
                                                                                  All my watched probably wouldn't come to the price of yours
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yeah leather watch straps for me too, brown preferably though. Lost a lovely watch I got for my 21st a few years ago in UCD gym. Serious fml moment, more so as it was a present, wouldn't have minded that much if I bought it.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I'm going to do a large amount of Paradise Lost featuring BBVers for my 2000 post.

Comment

On the off chance I ever make the mistake of getting married, or more to the point, on the off chance someone makes the mistake of marrying me

this will be the song for the first dance:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0He7P1-Kpw[/ame]

Comment

Sorry to rain on your parade Michelle but "f" doesn't rhyme with muck. Apart from that it's great.
                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                              Sorry to rain on your parade Michelle but "f" doesn't rhyme with muck. Apart from that it's great.
                                                                                              fuck does rhyme with muck, did you read it correctly, WTF means what the fuck
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

before camera phones, or nearly mobiles at all, I had a watch that took pictures, it was the best thing ever. Everybody was so amazed by it. It was the ultimate perving tool.

I've been given many in my time, that is the only one I wore.

Comment

fuck does rhyme with muck, did you read it correctly, WTF means what the fuck
                                                                                                  poetic licence or too lazy to type it out?
                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I love watches.
                                                                                                    This is mine, I wear it all the time.

Also have a couple of fakes , got them a few years ago. As knock-offs go, they are very good quality.

SPOILER

Comment

leather all the way.
                                                                                                      The metal bracelet look has a darts player vibe about it
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

deffo not the lazy type, i wrote that over 4 nights

WTF has probably been added to the oxford dictionary by now surely
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

pretty cool concept camera- http://vimeo.com/22134219
                                                                                                          That looks class.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                            Really?

Chelsea and Arsenal are going to suddenly become not shit and win all the rest of their games?
                                                                                                            United have alot of important games coming up inc. Semis of CL and playing the two title rivals in the league. It is very possible points are dropped, and Arsenal take advantage. They can go 4 behind tonight and host United soon. Chelsea are too far back but stranger things have happened and could go to OT and win, also have 3 home games in a row starting tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                              Must try to swing this!

Looking in Weir's the other day and prices are enough to make the baby Jesus cry.
                                                                                                              Where have you been? Any good stories for us?

Comment

Obviously it sets you back the price of a nice house but god its a thing of beauty!

Opr

Comment

The IPB Allen Ginsberg.

Comment

orrr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                      Must try to swing this!

Looking in Weir's the other day and prices are enough to make the baby Jesus cry.
                                                                                                                      yeah Irish retail prices for jewelry are insane. Got Mrs Duke's engagement ring in NYC and had it priced for three times as much here (basically you do the diamond market, pick out a stone and they mount it for you). Got our wedding bands in South Africa for 40% of Irish cost.

Good excuse for a little holiday before the baby comes imo.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                          The IPB Allen Ginsberg.
                                                                                                                          I've seen the best poker minds of my generation destroyed by calling station russians who don't respect raises, Driven mad by nits,
                                                                                                                          Who cbet and get 4 callers with 2 cards to a flush
                                                                                                                          who bared their hand histories to 2+2 and saw 3 outers crush their roll etc

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X