This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    All women look better without make up always.
    Lies, damned lies!

- but I do think Irish women wear far too much make-up.
    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

You have obviosly never seen Ginger spice in the morning. Make up is one of Gods greatest gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        Baggsy being Super Ray
        Lloyd clearly has the role of the driver nailed down.

Comment

Pretty women look better without make up always.
          FYP

Ugly chicks need all the help they can get. If women stopped wearing makeup, the sale of beer goggles would go up 1000000%

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            FYP

Ugly chicks need all the help they can get. If women stopped wearing makeup, the sale of beer goggles would go up 1000000%
            Possibly a way of reducing population growth?

Comment

I take it this is a level but just incase. Some women are terrible at putting on makeup and come out looking rediculous those that have the skills are way better when done up. For those without perfect skin, thin lips and what everelse makeup helps fill the gaps nature missed out.

have been told by lots of women that the makeup helps with confidence and confident women are sexier than timid ones in my opinion but each to their own on that one.

I think Emmet posted a video before about some girl getting herself set for a big night in the us. Rough to start with and in the end standard enough. Video eveidence to prove the opposite.

Not a fan of goths, clowns or luminous orange but for all the rest a little goes a long way.

Comment

+1

Most women look better with well-applied makeup.

Most men probably would too if it wasn't obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                  Lloyd clearly has the role of the driver nailed down.
                  Not a chance.
                  Beard and a healthy love of comics and Mary Jane.
                  Me.

Also, I've mistaken for zach galifianakis more than once
                  It used to be Jack Black so an improvement I suppose.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                    I take it this is a level but just incase. Some women are terrible at putting on makeup and come out looking rediculous those that have the skills are way better when done up. For those without perfect skin, thin lips and what everelse makeup helps fill the gaps nature missed out.

have been told by lots of women that the makeup helps with confidence and confident women are sexier than timid ones in my opinion but each to their own on that one.

I think Emmet posted a video before about some girl getting herself set for a big night in the us. Rough to start with and in the end standard enough. Video eveidence to prove the opposite.

Not a fan of goths, clowns or luminous orange but for all the rest a little goes a long way.
                    +1000 on this.
                    Makeup looks well when it appears no makeup was used imo
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

my beard is the source of my powers.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Make up ftw

Comment

Becksies in the 2.00 at Catterick might be worth some cheeky money.

Currently trading at 19 on betfair
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

A girl I know is after getting the most hideous looking giant tattoo on the back of her neck, ugh. Really don't get it.

Comment

Ah, The Tramp Stamp. Top of neck or bottom of back, standard spots for these.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                Something doesn't sound right about your operation. You shouldn't be feeling pain in fairness. I done my shoulder in aswell countless times(maybe 13 to 14) when I was between 15-18. Got the pin inserted in February 2009 and haven't dislocated it since

OK, sometimes I feel a bit of discomfort and stiffness, and it takes me a bit longer to warm up from sports like soccer and golf(which is all shoulder work) but it hasnt hindered me really.

On recovery times Connie: They say after the operation it is 6 months to come back for contact sports but golf is obviously not. I was back playing golf after 3 months. I was swinging a club in the living room one handed with the bad shoulder after I got the sling off after 6 weeks, just to strenthen it up and stuff

Disclaimer
                                SPOILER
                                I was 19 and probably not fully grown, and may recovered quicker than *ahem* a little older people. Even just ask your doc if you can play a bit of light golf. Even nine holes
                                I had my surgery at 19 too. I'm just made of soft stuff .

Comment

It seems only Lloyd understands.
                                  I'm not going into a long post here now, I'll save it for a rant someday when I'm in a worse mood than today, but the superficial way most of you buy into the illusion of symmetrical magazine women and mistake that for beauty is a bit disturbing.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm not going into a long post here now, I'll save it for a rant someday when I'm in a worse mood than today, but the superficial way most of you buy into the illusion of symmetrical magazine women and mistake that for beauty is a bit disturbing.
                                    No I understand the idea completely
                                    However, your idea that symmetrical beauty is media driven is incorrect.
                                    Fibonnaci and the ratio 1:1.618 define this..

Contrast is also the reason people find makeup attractive.

Comment

A flying visit post too.

We've evolved to find beauty in symmetry, whether we're fooled into seeing it or not.

Far from disturbing, it's totally normal.

Comment

if you want the ugly chicks you are welcome to them

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

but it's not true symmetry.

TBH once you're burying the bone do you really care wether her makeup makes her look better or not?

99% of men would get up on the crack of dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            Best solution I can think of is to keep the flash version of the site going. It's kind of the industry standard, HTML would prob look cheap compared to others. Really needs to have pictures moving, changing etc

To solve the ipad issue, i'm going to sussest a mobile version of the site in htnl. Lower volume of pics and key details. Basially optimised for iphone/ipad.
                                            Cool hope you get it sorted.

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpwAtnywTk[/ame]
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yea its not the symmetry bit that's disturbing , its the rest of the stuff and the whole peado tendency thats going on... Ignore me while I build it into a proper rant when I'll come on and accuse ye all of being closet peados.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                but it's not true symmetry.
                                                That doesn't really matter, fake symmetry is as attractive as real symmetry in a biological sense.

This is hardly ground breaking stuff, the whole idea of make up is to appear more sexually attractive either consciously or sub-consciously.

Comment

Peado tendency... that's gotta be incorporated into a new bbv title.

Comment

Mini panic attack here with this revision.

Can I get a site ban till may 9th pls??

Cricket is gay if necessary etc

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

If you really really want to be site banned till that date I will do it, I'm pretty sure that there isn't any problems doing it.

Comment

Ah don't go you're great craic

Comment

Yea its not the symmetry bit that's disturbing , its the rest of the stuff and the whole peado tendency thats going on... Ignore me while I build it into a proper rant when I'll come on and accuse ye all of being closet peados.
                                                          It's a bit of a leap to suggest that attraction to youth is peadophilia. In our society, youth IS beauty. Smooth, unblemished, firm skin gets extremely rare as people get older, and it's highly valued. But it's commonplace among young teenage girls. It's ridiculous to pretend that a lot of women aren't trying to make themselves look like said young teenage girls by being far too skinny and pretending they have perfect skin.

Now if I was to suggest that it might be unfair to arrest a man who acts on his attraction to young teenage girls I might be breaking the boundaries of polite society, and there's certianly plenty of good reasons not to act an that attraction. But you have to admit that it's pretty unfortunate for the guy when so many of the women he's allowed to be attracted to are trying their best to look like the ones he's not allowed.

This can all be resolved by using the word ephebephilia to describe attraction to young teens, to seperate it from paedophilia which is attraction to children. Our society treats them as effectively the same thing, and this is clearly not the case.
                                                          Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 13-04-11, 12:36.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just want to make sure are you 100% positive that you wanna be banned until that date? Just let me know and I will do so, do you wanna be banned straight away or do you wanna leave it till later?

Comment

Andy is a paedophile - he admitted it.

Comment

Ban me, tis for me own good.

Back in a month fellows

Comment

I need to stop watching The Wire again......

In a meeting today I used the terms "chain of command" and "Is he ready to put in work?"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                    youth IS beauty.
                                                                    Like I say I'm not getting into it today but this bit is just wrong.
                                                                    SPOILER

Comment

Back in a month fellows
                                                                      GL with the exams, no lurking

Comment

Back in a month fellows
                                                                        Ok man will do so, good luck with the revision please do write down any funny shit that happens to you over the next while as we will want some stories upon your return

If you do want back in at any stage just PM one of us.

Comment

I hope I'm never as old as strewelpeter.
                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

We should start a cliffnotes for Emmet thread as a nice surprise for him when he gets back.
                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                              LOL, how did I know that pic was going to be involved somehow.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                Just cos you've a picture of an old bird who looks young for her age doesn't really prove anything imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  That doesn't really matter, fake symmetry is as attractive as real symmetry in a biological sense.

This is hardly ground breaking stuff, the whole idea of make up is to appear more sexually attractive either consciously or sub-consciously.
                                                                                  Ah, but truth is beauty, and beauty, truth.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                    Ok man will do so, good luck with the revision please do write down any funny shit that happens to you over the next while as we will want some stories upon your return

If you do want back in at any stage just PM one of us.
                                                                                    Just done it there can't enter specific dates so had to go till the 13th hopefully I remember to unban you then or hopefully somebody here will be able to remind me

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      How very there you!?!

Oh my namesake AndyFB..carry on then

Bye Emmet G'luck in the exams
                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                        Ah, but truth is beauty, and beauty, truth.
                                                                                        Always makes me think of this:

So, for instance, when the Guide was sued by the families of those who had died as a result of taking the entry on the planet Traal literally - it said “Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts often make a very good meal for visiting tourists” instead of “Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts often make a very good meal of visiting tourists” - the editors claimed that the first version of the sentence was the more aesthetically pleasing; summoned a qualified poet to testify under oath that beauty was truth, truth beauty, and hoped thereby to prove that the guilty party in this case was life itself for failing to be either beautiful or true. The judges concurred…and in a moving speech held that life itself was in contempt of court and duly confiscated it from all those there present before going off for a pleasant evening’s Ultra-golf.
                                                                                        <3 Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          Shit. Cat's out of the bag now. Well I guess now everyone knows not to bring their kids to any IPB nights out. So what's changed?
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Can I claim a 2-1 victory over Emmet in Serie D then? (he leads 1-0 after the first game). Banned players shouldn't be allowed in the comp.

AJ (angleshooter supreme).

Comment

cross posting this from the DIY on boards as the BBV always seems to have an answer for everything

stoney broke, but want to breath some new life into my sofas to try get a few more years out of them. Its a standard enough Cream leather 3+2 seater the cushions have sunk badly, and the leather needs a clean but they're in ok nick otherwise. The cushions cant be removed, so with a bit of investigation (i cut open the underside ) i found a zip for the seat cushions. Its above elastic banding holding the cushions up. A bit more investigation and it seems that theres four or five bolts that if I remove I should be able to pull the couch into two parts ( the back and the seats ) I'd then have access to all cushions zips.

so where to from here? anyone done this previously? Should I fully replace the foam, or try top it up with a new layer of something? how tricky is the dissasembling and reassembly? wheres the cheapest place to get replacement foam, whats the best foam to use?

All help and advice is appreciated!
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                We should start a cliffnotes for Emmet thread as a nice surprise for him when he gets back.
                                                                                                Ya but all made up shit. Like a massive tip from Gimmeabreak that won at 66/1 and we were all on it

Comment

Hugh Grant's article in The NewStatesman on the phone-hacking scandal in England at the moment is pretty awesome.

After a chance meeting with a former News of the World executive who told him his phone had been hacked, Hugh Grant couldn’t resist going back to him – with a hidden tape recorder – to find out if there was more to the story. . .

Comment

cliff notes for emmet who
                                                                                                    48

Comment

paddy power website down again
                                                                                                      48

Comment

If Kieran Fallon gets his horse home first at 16/1 and the site crashed before I could get my bet on I'm going to be upset.

edit: he didn't.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Zod; 13-04-11, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                          Hugh Grant's article in The NewStatesman on the phone-hacking scandal in England at the moment is pretty awesome.

http://www.newstatesman.com/newspape...ameron-murdoch
                                                                                                          Really blows Coulson and by inference Cameron out of the water.
                                                                                                          Prescott on TV the other night via a link and I'd say if he was put in a studio with anyone defending Murdoch he'd have thumped them. I've never heard an English politician so angry.

Comment

Really blows Coulson and by inference Cameron out of the water.
                                                                                                            Prescott on TV the other night via a link and I'd say if he was put in a studio with anyone defending Murdoch he'd have thumped them. I've never heard an English politician so angry.
                                                                                                            substitute 'Bertie' for Cameron and 'O'Reilly' for Murdoch and you have Ireland

actually the concentration of media power is worse here
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

He always struck me a as a decent bloke to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                substitute 'Bertie' for Cameron and 'O'Reilly' for Murdoch and you have Ireland

actually the concentration of media power is worse here
                                                                                                                True but I think that the Meejia don't have the same reach into the depths of peoples souls here as they do in the UK and US, probably because we actually consume far more British media than Irish.

Comment

thought I didn't have a pokerstars account, went to make one and apparently I have one with 60 dolla in it. woop

Comment

Supernintendo Hugh Grant, Investigator, Great stuff.

In other news I've just ditched IE as been having problems with loading pages, loving Firefox.

Comment

True but I think that the Meejia don't have the same reach into the depths of peoples souls here as they do in the UK and US, probably because we actually consume far more British media than Irish.
                                                                                                                      good point

probably very reliant on demographics (age, geographical location, educational level etc)

an ancient culchie such as yourself probably has Radio Eireann on all day

Comment

If I were to become a self-employed 'consultant' at some point in the near future, what's my best line in terms of keeping my filthy lucre out of the hands of the Revenue?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          If I were to become a self-employed 'consultant' at some point in the near future, what's my best line in terms of keeping my filthy lucre out of the hands of the Revenue?
                                                                                                                          Just don't tell them about it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X