This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    I have an ability to learn. That seems like a good thing.
    As the number 1 self help guru on this site (you know it's true hotspur, deal with it) I have to say

Indeed you do
    &
    Indeed it is

What's more important is learning them lessons the easy game way, without the time & struggle of some of the more outlandish money grubbing methods being pushed by my competitors

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      understating my ww experience
      overstating my sheep experience
      overstating my snake skills

how did you know my email address?
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Yeah looks real easily just throwing a couple of cobras out of the way

This guy was just cleaning out the cobra pit. He yanked them out of their napping spots and tossed them aside so he could sweep up their poop, dried skin and...
        life in Europe during a recession ain't that bad on reflection

You should go see this lad if you get the chance
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixEC-8Zb3WQ[/ame]

plays all the instruments but only plays the drum live (all others recorded and played along to)

Has things like a calor gas bottle and a beer keg strapped to his drum kit

does a set with a DJ as well where he drums to whatever the DJ is playing

Comment

Tigerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Set Mining is for amateurs - quad mining is for pros

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG+1 (t8480)
            MP1 (t5895)
            MP2 (t3895)
            MP3 (t3220)
            CO (t13130)
            Hero (Button) (t5620)
            SB (t5900)
            BB (t5940)
            UTG (t5580)

Hero's M: 93.67

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 7
            1 fold, UTG+1 bets t120, 3 folds, CO calls t120, Hero calls t120, 1 fold, BB calls t80

Flop: (t500) 7, 7, 5 (4 players)
            BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets t160, 2 folds, CO calls t160

Turn: (t820) J (2 players)
            CO checks, Hero checks

River: (t820) 3 (2 players)
            CO bets t720, Hero raises to t1979, 1 fold

Total pot: t2260
            Main pot: t2260 returned to Hero

Results:
            Hero didn't show 7, 7 (nothing).
            Outcome: Hero won t2260
            One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

[QUOTE=Sometime Happy Dude;298301]

thats cool!!!!

I polished the fireplace today, so i wont dirty it now and light it lol
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

[quote=michelle SatNav;298304]
                  Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post

thats cool!!!!

I polished the fireplace today, so i wont dirty it now and light it lol
                  Nesting imo.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I've just discovered the new season of Jools Holland is about to start on BBC2 and BBCHD.

Get in there, this night just keeps delivering
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Put this in full screen and turn the central heating on MSN.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omDbvPOJgaQ[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        I've just discovered the new season of Jools Holland is about to start on BBC2 and BBCHD.

Get in there, this night just keeps delivering
                        was on during the week. Beady Eye are a whole pile of meh, Tallest Man on Earth and Elbow were good though.

Comment

was on during the week. Beady Eye are a whole pile of meh, Tallest Man on Earth and Elbow were good though.
                          I'm not expecting much from them tbh, I'm not a Liam Gallagher fan, hate his voice.

Comment

Correct, Oasis would've been twice the band if he'd have just fucked off.

Here's a SHINING example

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjdW5VU61qE[/ame]

Noel's a far better singer, better musician, and songwriter.

It's like a parody of "The Fighter" almost.

EDIT: to add more. Compare how much better the solo version of this song is to the Oasis version. Possibly because Liam was allowed have input.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVz1WmhhOjs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6K9JqR9dVE[/ame]
                            Last edited by Emmet; 08-04-11, 22:48.

Comment

I am an Oasis fan but BE are a pile of shit. Liam said in an interview recently that he wants Beady Eye to be bigger than The Beatles

Opr

Comment

Have watched SFA in terms of Movies/TV shows of late but caught the latest Big Bang Theory and Nikita episodes in the last couple of hours. Absolute crackers in their own respective ways imo.

Comment

Disagree completely about Liam. Easy to pick out specific examples now but most of the songs Noel could never have sang anywhere near as good as Liam.

Opr

Comment

Here's a SHINING example

Hi everyone , I have uploaded some own songs in this channel , check it out!https://youtu.be/7ILry2xUQIAhttps://youtu.be/7ILry2xUQIAhttps://youtu.be/7ILry2xU...

EDIT: to add more. Compare how much better the solo version of this song is to the Oasis version. Possibly because Liam was allowed have input.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6K9JqR9dVE
                                    Have Jools on pause, went searching for the headphones, gonna give these a listen first, cheers dude

Comment

Anyone cat that Facebook "comedy" sketch on the Late Late? Uber-Bomb

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        God, it was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                          life in Europe during a recession ain't that bad on reflection

You should go see this lad if you get the chance
                                          rarely seen above ground performing Moon Movin The Ocean

plays all the instruments but only plays the drum live (all others recorded and played along to)

Has things like a calor gas bottle and a beer keg strapped to his drum kit

does a set with a DJ as well where he drums to whatever the DJ is playing
                                          Thats pretty good I like it

Put this in full screen and turn the central heating on MSN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omDbvPOJgaQ
                                          Thats awesome will download it and use it as a moving desktop, anybody got a HD tropical fish tank or something a long those lines would be mucho appreciate.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          Have watched SFA in terms of Movies/TV shows of late but caught the latest Big Bang Theory and Nikita episodes in the last couple of hours. Absolute crackers in their own respective ways imo.
                                          Nikita has been very good, The Big Bang Theory has gone to the dogs think I'm about to give up on it. Check out the new Hawaii Five-O its actually been very solid.

You on the look out for some new shows to watch?
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            Disagree completely about Liam. Easy to pick out specific examples now but most of the songs Noel could never have sang anywhere near as good as Liam.

Opr
                                            Probably very true, but maybe if he'd just gone and sang the songs he was supposed to and not been such an awkward cunt it all would've been so much easier.

Neither of them are role models obviously, but Liam has to take the biscuit for being the Joey Barton of the "Brit Pop" (sic) time. Strops on stage, walking off during gigs. Spoilt brat really!

Comment

sneaky feckers all over on boards, im getting so paranoid now!
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

LOL vincent browne
                                                30 minutes of solid doom and gloom banks politicians we are fuck talk
                                                Then vincent browne turns to brian Keenan (Who hadnt said a word up to now)
                                                "Brian, i'd say you are wishing you were back in a cellar in Beirut right now?"

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  can't believe that guy thought he was funny

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                    can't believe that guy thought he was funny
                                                    the audience forcing the laughter out and he was so nervous lol
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Probably very true, but maybe if he'd just gone and sang the songs he was supposed to and not been such an awkward cunt it all would've been so much easier.

Neither of them are role models obviously, but Liam has to take the biscuit for being the Joey Barton of the "Brit Pop" (sic) time. Strops on stage, walking off during gigs. Spoilt brat really!
                                                      He is a complete cunt no arguments here

Golf completely epic tonight, Tiger gone fav on BF!

Opr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

they should have a medievil type of thing going on the late late with the throwing of the rotten fruit and the stocks and things,
                                                          if the performers knew what was ahead of them if they gave a bad performance, they might put in a bit more effort imo.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

He is a complete cunt no arguments here

Opr
                                                            once a couple of birds in the crowd don't distract him he should be ok

Comment

Comment

Here's a SHINING example

Hi everyone , I have uploaded some own songs in this channel , check it out!https://youtu.be/7ILry2xUQIAhttps://youtu.be/7ILry2xUQIAhttps://youtu.be/7ILry2xU...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6K9JqR9dVE
                                                                Had to give a listen to my fave performance of Noel from the Late Late Show 15 years ago

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamR0He-hJ8[/ame]

Comment

Opr
                                                                  Yeah I agree, and I love his classics, but for some reason overload of his voice grates me.

Comment

Opr
                                                                    What price is he? I have him at 11

Comment

Yeah I agree, and I love his classics, but for some reason overload of his voice grates me.
                                                                      I think Noel had the better voice but Liam was a better singer.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

You only have to listen to Ian Brown these days to see someone with the same problems, he hasn't got a note in his head. I watched BE's performance on Jools during the week and thought the same of Liam. Its why when it was touted earlier in the week that the Stone Roses would be reforming I cringed big time.

Opr

Comment

What price is he? I have him at 11
                                                                          100/300 on Betfair, this day just keeps getting better for you

Opr

Comment

Also to be fair to Liam, he's obviously smarter than he acts. Acting like a f*cking rockstar all the time, doing what you want, and claiming to be the biggest band in the world sells alot more tickets/records than any amount of talent you want.

He may not be a great singer, a great writer, a great musician but in his day he was a f*cking top class, amazing frontman.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Had to give a listen to my fave performance of Noel from the Late Late Show 15 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamR0He-hJ8
                                                                              Man, what a performance. I went to see them that night in the point, amazing gig. Seemingly Noel was whisked off stage right at the end of the show and driven up to RTE to perform that.

Also, forgot to add, wp Flushy for the seamless integration of two of tonight's hot bbv topics
                                                                              Last edited by Lazare; 08-04-11, 23:32.

Comment

looking for parking tomorrow in city center from 4-10pm. Any suggestions?
                                                                                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                  Also to be fair to Liam, he's obviously smarter than he acts. Acting like a f*cking rockstar all the time, doing what you want, and claiming to be the biggest band in the world sells alot more tickets/records than any amount of talent you want.
                                                                                  He's popular and he sells big because he's a dickhead. He knows this and he milks it, for that he's smarter than he looks.

He's still a dickhead though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                    My Nigerian pal that I work with (not the crazy Nigerian fck i share a house with) is easily my best pal at the moment - he just has an endless optimism that I've never seen before in anyone. The guy literally spends his days being kicked to the ground and never stops going 'tomorrow we will be kings'. He straightforwardly says why he has been kicked about and then turns it into something brilliantly optimistic. It's so infectious. Even the gf keeps talking about him, despite only having met him for about 10 minutes. I kinda wish more people could get to know him.
                                                                                    Obviously bring him to the next IPB beers night out I reckon you should use that pic as your avatar as it encapsulates you perfect

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

He may not be a great singer, a great writer, a great musician but in his day he was a f*cking top class, amazing frontman.
                                                                                      This This This

Same can be said for Ian Brown.

Oasis are a band I love bringing up in general conversation when talking about music to someone for the first time. Lots of people are part of the too cool for school gang to regard them to any degree. I have no problem with people not liking them but not appreciating what the did and the fact they are one of the most influential bands of a generation is just moronic.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Opr
                                                                                          These 2 songs are the best example of the above imo. I've heard a lot of versions covered by both Noel and Liam, and Noel just can't do them justice

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ri1s5O8wU&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7u0I7ahqo0&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Oasis suck and have always been overrated

Comment

ORLY

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHcKcAzjlYA[/ame]

Comment

It's hard for some of the younger people on here to appreciate just how big Oasis were in 95/96. I remember early in 96 they had about 7 songs in the Irish top 30 at the same time, some of those were not even on release here as a single, such as She's Electric, which loads of music stores stocked as imports and people bought by the bucketload for the quality of their b-sides. The time of their 2 concerts in Cork they were absolutely massive.

Comment

Tiger has a big heart

Comment

Emmet, 'Tallest man on Earth' are brilliant. Love them.

Comment

Emmet, 'Tallest man on Earth' are brilliant. Love them.
                                                                                                      Really very weird music, I really really like it though. Feel free to have a jaunt through my musical preferences and see if you can find anything else worth taking a shot at.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmban3Fio14[/ame]

Comment

This This This

Same can be said for Ian Brown.

Oasis are a band I love bringing up in general conversation when talking about music to someone for the first time. Lots of people are part of the too cool for school gang to regard them to any degree. I have no problem with people not liking them but not appreciating what the did and the fact they are one of the most influential bands of a generation is just moronic.

Opr
                                                                                                          Totally agree, they are without doubt the most influential band of the nineties.

They didn't invent the wheel with their music as awesome as it was, but they sure shifted society.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                            You can park in my place fwiw - we have a private car park in 12a Grosvenor Square, Rathmines. Then just a few minutes bus into town.
                                                                                                            You live damgerously close to where I stay when I'm on benders in Dublin!

Comment

Really very weird music, I really really like it though. Feel free to have a jaunt through my musical preferences and see if you can find anything else worth taking a shot at.
                                                                                                              We're "Super"

Comment

Meh, did nothing for me and if asking which I would rather see live then Liam would win by a landslide everytime.

Is this Jay Z thing worth watching ? (Thing after Jools)

Opr

Comment

To me that is a better version.

I really love this version he does

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLtgM8XIgw[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    . The time of their 2 concerts in Cork they were absolutely massive.
                                                                                                                    The best gig I've ever been to. Me, my girlfriend and my mate drove to Cork Wed morn for that night's gig, the opening night. It was a blistering sunny day and the whole of Cork was stuffed full of Oasis fans from all over the country.

We sat all day on the bonnet of the car drinking beers LA style with hundreds of others all blaring Oasis tunes in the Sunshine. It was one of those perfect balmy summer evening gigs, Beatles cover band in the late afternoon, Prodigy playing to twilight, then Oasis bursting onto the stage just as it's gotten dark.

Foooking amazing!!

Comment

To me that is a better version.

I really love this version he does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLtgM8XIgw
                                                                                                                      Wow, that is so far from being anything like as good as the original Smiths version I feel dirty from just listening to it.

Edit - Actually its fucking so so so bad ewhjkindaslkj;ndsalkn;kjdl

Opr
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 09-04-11, 00:10.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-04-11, 00:11.

Comment

Oasis ftw imo.

Settles that.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X