Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    SPOILER
    unlike say Marion

now you can go back and unquote me
    That was a proper man's name back in the day

right up there in the testosterone stakes with Shirley and Carol

Comment

Venturing into the world of live poker tonight for the first time in a few months..I'm sure I'll be suitably life tilted later on!
      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
        Looking for advise on buying an office chair. One that will keep my back in tact preferably.

I dont know what price range or what I should be looking for, so any advice or links would be appreciated.

bump

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
          Venturing into the world of live poker tonight for the first time in a few months..I'm sure I'll be suitably life tilted later on!
          u playin adelaide boi?

Comment

bump
            This one from IKEA, I've had it for a while and still think it's great.
            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
              Anybody got recommendations for a delicious meal in London, west end area or there abouts preferably.

Going the end of the month and don't mind splurging a bit.
              ate at pied a terre the last time I was there and it was excellent.

would also highly recommend this place for a bit of the auld tapas

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Can you recommend any good rape books? Perhaps a graphic novel?

Tottenham's glorious 1-0 win tonight with Crouch as the scorer will pay me 125-1.
                Where did you get that price?
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

bump
                  Im happy with this one - http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/sku/bus...&id=TKOPER-BK/

Comment

bump
                    freedom ldo

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Asg5ww_Iw[/ame]

Comment

bump
                        Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                        Just got an email from fatcheese about cash back on viking direct, 8% iirc.

Got a chair off them a few years ago that was on special for 30e and I am happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                          The poker is next week Aidan, you dont have to worry about missing all the ads Sky are going to show you during The Masters.....

On that note does anyone know are Sky using the CBS coverage that they usually use for US Golf or their own? I hate that we won't get to see every shot from the leaders on the last day, so tilting.
                          Thanks Eoghan i posted shortly after i had just woken after falling asleep while watching Battle LA due to the wine during dinner. discombobulation.

Id say its almost certainly going to be piped from the US network so we are at their mercy as usual. I wouldnt imagine any other networks are allowed air.
                          At least the authorities are yielding and allowing live coverage to start two hours earlier than before.

The one thing i dislike about majors is the website scoreboard. There is no shot for shot updates in any of them like there are in regular pga tour events which suck.

Comment

Life just keeps getting better. gfs car overheats and dies in town And yaaaaa it probably is the head gasket. 1 hour journey takes about 5 hours.. sweetness

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                              u playin adelaide boi?
                              That's the plan. One of the lads got onto me about it so as long as he still wants to I'll be heading in. At €23 it's obv the busto degens game!
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                That's the plan. One of the lads got onto me about it so as long as he still wants to I'll be heading in. At €23 it's obv the busto degens game!
                                might see u in there so

Comment

Can anyone find links to the old Westboro Baptist church Loius Theroux episode? THe first one, not the recent one. Youtube or PM with other links please. I did a youtube search, but not luck. I am probably just bad at looking for links though.

Ta.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                      Every fresh publication of a defamatory statement is a fresh defamation. Technical point of law but no point this place getting in trouble in the VERY unlikely event anything ever came of it but as the Ray Foley thing showed, people do look here that we don't know.

It was just the last line of that post. The implications and innuendos there were pretty bad. Guy's clearly a moron but still. I quoted it on Boards to make fun of it but that's not a fresh publication and I clearly wasn't agreeing with it. Love the small differences.
                                      LOL Law somebody had to say it.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Can anyone find links to the old Westboro Baptist church Loius Theroux episode? THe first one, not the recent one. Youtube or PM with other links please. I did a youtube search, but not luck. I am probably just bad at looking for links though.

Ta.
                                      I will post them in the other place now.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Iam offering 2 stakes for the PPP B Team bounty tonight at 8:15, please check the staking thread if your interested and for more info

Stakes gone now
                                        Last edited by Guest; 05-04-11, 18:45. Reason: gone

Comment

Comment

1 more player need for IO Last Chance Saloon feeder. €20, starts on PP at 19.30......roll up

Comment

Comment

from 'you laugh thread'

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 05-04-11, 18:35.

Comment

When my computer was being looked at the guy put on windows 7, it's acting a bit weird though.

All my right click menus just come up as below with icons and in programs they come up absolutely huge. No idea what's causing it.
                                                  Attached Files

Comment

hmm got great use out the ould desktop publishing tonight!

Made beautiful Birthday Party invites for mia's 6th birthday, they are fab!!

Used good quality card , cupcake design, little stars floating about with her photo inside them

Off we went to tesco then for some little diamond sticky on things to add that little extra sparkle!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      When my computer was being looked at the guy put on windows 7, it's acting a bit weird though.

All my right click menus just come up as below with icons and in programs they come up absolutely huge. No idea what's causing it.
                                                      Have you tried right clicking away from all the icons and then choose personalise!
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                        hmm got great use out the ould desktop publishing tonight!

Made beautiful Birthday Party invites for mia's 6th birthday, they are fab!!

Used good quality card , cupcake design, little stars floating about with her photo inside them

Off we went to tesco then for some little diamond sticky on things to add that little extra sparkle!
                                                        pic/gtfo.

Comment

Lennon is out, could be a bit of a blow for the game plan

Comment

Fúck you Critical Thinking...I hate you.

Comment

according to tv3 Bale should play a more central role

lol

Comment

how in God's name is it almost 8pm?

Productive day continues so!

Back to library for round 3

Comment

Nice start for the home backers

Comment

Anyone got a link for a stream? myp2p seems to be down
                                                                    Last edited by Hectorjelly; 05-04-11, 19:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      how in God's name is it almost 8pm?

Productive day continues so!

Back to library for round 3
                                                                      Being brighter outside later in the evening is confusing.
                                                                      The birds are still chirping at 11pm.

Comment

Just trying to book Ryanair flights and I see they've changed the payment method that attracts 0 admin fee to Mastercard Prepaid, is it possible to use entropay to get a virtual Mastercard Prepaid instantly or is there another crowd people use now?

Comment

Betfair poker down for everyone? It's bringing me to a Maintenance page dated 29th March

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I'm not quite sure what you mean but
                                                                            just click anywhere on the desktop before starting this process. Press & hold Ctrl on the keyboard, Scroll with the mouse wheel up or down to get the desired size to resize the icons
                                                                            For the start menu
                                                                            Right click on the start button and choose "Properties"
                                                                            Windows will open the "Taskbar And Start Menu Properties" dialog
                                                                            Make sure that the "Start Menu" tab is selected
                                                                            Click on the Customize button
                                                                            A "Customize Start Menu" dialog will open, and contain a scrollable list of settings and options relating to the start menu behavior and appearance.
                                                                            Scroll all the way to the bottom, and look for a checkbox that reads "Use large icons-ON" - when the checkbox is checked and you see the word "ON", this means that you are currently using large icons on the start menu.
                                                                            To use small icons instead, uncheck that checkbox and you will see that its text changes to "Use large icons-OFF".
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                              Just trying to book Ryanair flights and I see they've changed the payment method that attracts 0 admin fee to Mastercard Prepaid, is it possible to use entropay to get a virtual Mastercard Prepaid instantly or is there another crowd people use now?
                                                                              Moneybookers have one. €10er a year. Or you could just do what I do and beg people on here to book them, and then you ship them the funds

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                Betfair poker down for everyone? It's bringing me to a Maintenance page dated 29th March
                                                                                It's working.

Comment

like normally when you right click an icon you have a menu that comes up, like rename/copy/cut/create shortcut etc etc. but instead of that I just get what's in the pic.

Comment

...

Comment

Its the context menus that are messed up for him DP

@hotspur, get ready for Zod's backlash after that...

Comment

what was crouch at

Comment

Bye bye Spurs you'd have to think now.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                            Tottenham's glorious 1-0 win tonight with Crouch as the scorer will pay me 125-1.

lulz

Comment

Who is the commentator on sky sports? I know more about football than him. He's fucking brutal!

Comment

Who is the commentator on sky sports? I know more about football than him. He's fucking brutal!
                                                                                                Ray Wilkins continuously saying 'stay on your feet'?? Swithing over to Inter Schalke already 1-1 and eto just had a disallowed goal

Comment

You talking about Ray Wilkins? He has been desperate so far. Keeps making insinuations about 'them' and 'they' not referring to Real Madrid, but generally Johnny Foreigner as far as I can tell.

Comment

Lloyd, did you actually listen to that tape because your first comment about it is utter nonsense and if you have any sympathy at all for that fool who was arrested then you are deluded.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                      Kayroo, are you still online? Wondering what this means below?

We have the meeting with the registrar to get married set up and they've asked us for this for the girlfriend. She has a lawyer-signed translation of her birth cert. Does it mean she also has to get something extra?
                                                                                                      Just saw this HH, sorry.

You need to go to the Embassy of her birth nation and get them to stamp the translated version (you'll need to show them both, translated and original) for the purposes of the Apostille Convention (that's the short name, long name is LONG).

Basically Irish registrar hasn't a bean what a French/Czech/Austrian birth cert looks like so we all signed a convention in the Hague saying we would stamp them, on request, with a universally recognised stamp.

Once you get it stamped the birth cert has the same authority as if it were an Irish Cert.

EDIT: They MAY give you a little certificate too. Just asked a colleague and he says that's not always the case (he had a few choice words for the Chilean embassy) but it quite often is.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Kayroo; 05-04-11, 19:13.
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Anyone watched Warehouse 13? Any use? (12.50 on play atm)

Comment

Getting instant message spam on facebook now...
                                                                                                          They need to get a handle on this shit quickly or their site will go the way of bebo.

Comment

The 20 minute save

Took a train to the Curragh races last Sunday. Im not a pro like other commuters. It always amazes me to watch the way people protect their space by bedecking their table like a personal nest to make it homely for them and uninviting for you to take a seat. They sit on the outside and leave their paper and magazine supplements in the table spaces around them to give you the idea they are with people when theyre not. A cup of coffee on the diagonal, a sandwich container on the opposite and they’re set. I know I’m ruining their day if i blow their cover and sit there regardless so its a stress in itself to get a seat and keep the status quo.

I’m plenty early this time as I sit before taking out my racing pages which were borrowed from McDonald’s earlier. I overheard two well to do elderly ladies nattering away in a nearby 4 seater and one is telling the other “Now don’t ask me to remember names i just cant remember them anymore, I don’t remember names im too old for that” to the general agreeance of her companion. What a lazy excuse, that has nothing to do with age. She had no problem remembering and speaking non-stop about the latest news in her life. Its all about wanting only to speak and not listen.

Now my intended Limerick 11:25 train serving Kildare was delayed 20 minutes but not to worry as i was on the Galway 11:30 train 5 minutes later. Heuston is no Victoria or Waterloo but i do like the way they are off to time, thats a great habit they got into there. The journey went remarkably incident free and i rolled into Kildare to be greeted by the brother. Although way too early the plan this time was to get the first complimentary bus from the train station to the track rather than flutering about the town. The coach was already waiting as we made our way over and the driver released the hydraulic sounding doors open indicating we were to be the first two johns to board. Like sheep others soon followed which lead to the first mishap. You see there are two complimentary coaches from the train station one to the Kildare retail outlets on a regular basis and one to the Curragh on racedays. The problem was that there was no destination sign on this bus and some eager Spaniards got on assuming it was for the Kildare retail outlet. Suspicions were voiced by the brother but luckily the driver had the same thoughts on seeing the young fresh faces and foreign voices which contrasted markedly to the more hard bitten and morose grunts of the racing degen. He lept to action and quickly shooed the retail fiends off. You cant blame the Spanish lads, how were they meant to be inspired. A simple sign on the window of the coach and the driver doesn’t have this misunderstanding but you can bet he also doesn’t learn his lesson for the next time.

So the degens that have alighted from the Galway train are on the bus, a quiet but palpable excitement for the racing prospects ahead. The bus driver isn’t showing much signs of moving anytime soon and nobody is discussing what were discussing. We know the bus driver is expecting two shoals of flounders within 5 minutes of each other before he heads to the track with first lot, the Limerick 11:25 and the Galway 11:30. What he doesn’t know is that the Limerick train is delayed 20 minutes so hes waiting in vain. It didn’t take much encouragement for me to make my way up from the back to tip him off on this piece of knowledge otherwise who knows how long more we would have been waiting. Not to mind what might be going through the drivers head when he his expected 5 minute later lot doesn’t turn up.

I told him there is a 25 minutes delay on the limerick train and indicated most would have transferred to the Galway one like myself and indicated he would probably be better off to consider to leave now on account of this. All the time making it sound like it was his call just to give him the courtesy of acknowledging the bus was in his command. Note the 5 minute deception. I told him it was a 25 minute delay just to help make the difference between him deciding to wait it out or leave now. He was still smarting as a result of the Spanish armada earlier but it worked a treat. He looked grimly ahead for the most part as I explained the way it was but he thawed a little and as I finished and even ushered a thank you as i turned to take my seat. Before long the engine roared into life and we were Curragh bound. Some people on the bus realised the engines firing to life had something to do with the conversation that just transpired but i just left it at that rather than reap their appreciation for saving them the 20 minutes.

Later at the track we pulled a Frank Abagnale and blagged our way up into the permier level grandstand. The blonde in charge of the stairs leading to premier level for proper badge holders only knew she was in for some banter if she put up a token defence, she didn’t fancy it baulked and just let us walk on up the stairs. We did the loots on St. Nicholas Abbey at 2/1 to win by up to 2 3/4L. So getting 2/1 on a 4/11 shot because he was never really winning by more seemed the value but the horse has soured as he ran no race. Now all bitter from losing the loots it was high time to look for an easy mark and impeach some head of state from their couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                              Anyone watched Warehouse 13? Any use? (12.50 on play atm)
                                                                                                              Nowhere near good enough to spend your own money on IMO.
                                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                                Getting instant message spam on facebook now...
                                                                                                                They need to get a handle on this shit quickly or their site will go the way of bebo.
                                                                                                                Yeah i just got one about some photoshop with a link that no doubt steals all my money as soon as i click on it.
                                                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                                  pic/gtfo.

There you go

obviously it has to be folded!!
                                                                                                                  Attached Files
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                    Just saw this HH, sorry.

You need to go to the Embassy of her birth nation and get them to stamp the translated version (you'll need to show them both, translated and original) for the purposes of the Apostille Convention (that's the short name, long name is LONG).

Basically Irish registrar hasn't a bean what a French/Czech/Austrian birth cert looks like so we all signed a convention in the Hague saying we would stamp them, on request, with a universally recognised stamp.

Once you get it stamped the birth cert has the same authority as if it were an Irish Cert.

EDIT: They MAY give you a little certificate too. Just asked a colleague and he says that's not always the case (he had a few choice words for the Chilean embassy) but it quite often is.
                                                                                                                    This must be a relatively recent development?
                                                                                                                    I'm married 4 and a half years now, and my wifes Russian birth cert wasn't a problem then, I remember thinking at the time it was strange that there was no questions asked at the time considering it'd be an unusual looking document for them and they'd surely have no way to verify it
                                                                                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Seriously lads switch to Inter Shalke 2-2 now

Comment

So what's everyone doing Saturday 16th April?

Michelle's offered an open invite to a party in hers. Could be craic?
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 05-04-11, 19:28. Reason: SHD was wayyyyyyy ahead of me

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          There you go

obviously it has to be folded!!
                                                                                                                          SHIP!

See you on the 16th.

So what's everyone doing Sunday 16th April?

Michelle's offered an open invite to a party in hers. Could be craic?
                                                                                                                          It's Saturday the 16th.
                                                                                                                          That's why I asked for the card.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X