Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also i'm a bit surprised I havent been asked to join a load of anti ICC/pro cricket facebook groups. Someone should set one up...
    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      Ya I know, but thought they'd at least come round to some form of qualification event including Zim and Bang.

Cricket Ireland rightly fucked now.
      I'm afraid not, there's an old boy's club and we ain't in it.

Trying to be objective, the WC does go on for far too long and is in drastic need of surgery to trim it back to a manageable schedule.

But yeah, fuckers.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yawn ye are a boring lot tonight!!!1
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
          Chatting to a North County mate of mine this evening at a local football match and he is seething about it. All the kids coming through the ranks and the years of hard work they've done to get where they are all ruined by 1 board meeting.

Make you sick.
          from a club cricket POV, that's a bit of a nonsensical comment by your mate
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

EPT Berlin

Where everyone is under the gun
            NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
              Meh, only a partial swing, genuinely dont understand why they feel the need to defend themselves on the footie forum. Ive never read their forum, been linked to one or two bigoted threads on hoganstand around the time the gaa tried to kill a loi club but no chance Id ever sign up or post.
              Bringing that stupid St.Pat's thing into it almost got me to bite. So close.

Just like Lloyd said earlier, people emotionally connect to sporting teams and organisations. Makes no sense but it's true. Therefore they react emotionally. Same way your statement about St.Pat's is ridiculous it is also justifiable because you emotionally connect.

Hogan Stand is a brutal site full of internet warriors. Judging any group of people by the way they are represented on the internet is 100% the most retarded way to gain an insight into a group.
              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                from a club cricket POV, that's a bit of a nonsensical comment by your mate
                Not from a North County POV. The Irish team regularly train there. Mooney is an inspiration to the whole club and they have been at the heart of a lot of cricket ireland's good work, including developing their top class training facilities to foster young cricketers coming through.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  I'm afraid not, there's an old boy's club and we ain't in it.

Trying to be objective, the WC does go on for far too long and is in drastic need of surgery to trim it back to a manageable schedule.

But yeah, fuckers.
                  2 groups of 6 with the top 2 from each going to the semi finals. Shorter and competitve games all the way through.

3 groups of 4 with the winners plus best placed runner up through to semi finals. Shorter again and even more competive games.

In 2007 they ballsed it up by having a group stage followed by a far too long Super 8 stage, too many uncompetitive games, and too big a risk of one of the big guns going out too early.

In 2011 they had too many games to just eliminate 4 teams and led to a very uncompetitive group A. Group B very competitive thanks to having a very strong Associate team and one of the non top 8 being a host.

The fault of the WC being too long lies with the ICC, not with the Associate nations.

(I know we're on the same page here but have to point it out)

Tweets like Niall O Brien's I posted earlier sums it up

Some great points below from Porterfield as well

reland captain William Porterfield has branded the decision to exclude associate nations from the 2015 World Cup as 'an embarrassment' and 'a joke' and has warned it could kill the game in non-Test playing countries.

The ICC executive board had been considering overturning a previous decision to cut the number of teams at the World Cup from 14 to 10, with a compromise of 12 up for discussion in Mumbai.

Instead they reaffirmed their decision to make it a 10-team tournament and dealt the likes of Ireland, Holland and Canada a further blow with the revelation there would be no chance for associate members to qualify in four years' time.

A qualification process will be held in 2019 but that could come too late, according to the seething Porterfield.

He told Press Association Sport: 'It's an absolute disgrace and I don't know how they can even comprehend doing this.

'We have done everything they asked of us over the last few years in terms of restructuring Irish cricket and I can't come to terms with how they can just shut us out, do away with the qualification period and then try and call this a World Cup.

'We are currently ranked 10th, ahead of Zimbabwe, and there is no reason we can't move up another position, if not two, by the next World Cup. Instead, the door has been closed in our face. It is an embarrassment.

'I don't know what else we had to do in the World Cup, we held our own against the full members, we beat England, we got the fastest ever hundred. For them to turn around and throw that back in our face a few weeks later is an absolute joke.'

Warwickshire opener Porterfield rejected the notion that an expanded 16-team World Twenty20 would help soften the blow to associate nations and called on the influential ICC executive board - which comprises representatives from each of the 10 full member nations as well as the organisation's chief executive, president and vice-president - to assess their reasons for making the decision.

'To come out and try to cover things up by saying there are going to be 16 teams at the World Twenty20 is ridiculous,' said Porterfield.

'They say it's a compensation but I can't agree with that because it is every player's dream to play at and win a World Cup.

'Everyone in the cricketing world can see they are shutting the door on not only a lot of players, but also on the development of world cricket.

'It's not just about Ireland. This could mean the death of cricket in a lot of countries...and all because a few full members are looking to make a few extra quid from the competitions.

'How they can turn around, shut out half the world and still call themselves a world governing body is an absolute joke.

'It is every full member's duty to look after world cricket. Now the whole integrity of the World Cup has been brought into question because this is not a World Cup, it's a glorified Champions Trophy.'

Cricket Ireland chief executive Warren Deutrom, who plans to explore every avenue available in terms of appealing the decision, told Press Association Sport: 'We're outraged by the decision today. We're not taking it lying down.

'It's a betrayal of sporting principles and it flies in the face of all the evidence we saw at the World Cup, which was that an associate nation could compete with the best teams in the world.

'It's baffling but am I surprised? Not really, because clearly there are instances where protection of existing privileges is considered more important than any other principle - including those of sport, fairness and equality.

'In the last four years we have been ranked above one of the teams that now has automatic qualification for the World Cup, Zimbabwe, and there isn't a single point you can take from that that is remotely justifiable.'

Support for a potential appeal is currently being gauged among the 95 non-Test-playing nations linked under the ICC banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    Bringing that stupid St.Pat's thing into it almost got me to bite. So close.

Just like Lloyd said earlier, people emotionally connect to sporting teams and organisations. Makes no sense but it's true. Therefore they react emotionally. Same way your statement about St.Pat's is ridiculous it is also justifiable because you emotionally connect.

Hogan Stand is a brutal site full of internet warriors. Judging any group of people by the way they are represented on the internet is 100% the most retarded way to gain an insight into a group.
                    You've lost me with the Pats thing?

Meh, assume you mean Rovers, not sure how its ridiculous but I wouldnt have been to unhappy if the GAA had won that battle and killed Rovers completely tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                      You've lost me with the Pats thing?
                      Sorry it was Shamrock Rovers wasn't it? My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                        The heads of the ICC and FIFA should go elope imo.
                        Defending FIFA time again.

FIFA/UEFA/ACN etc continually expand their competitions, World Cup from 16 in '78, 24 in '94, 32 now, calls to increase it further etc.

And whats that, your country has combusted and split into 8 smaller countries, well then Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia etc, get yourselves an FA organised and by the next qualifying campaign you'll be there with an identical chance to the Germanys, Italys, Spains etc. Everyone treated equally, no one guaranteed a place (best countries seeded but you'll have your chance to beat them), no one excluded.

FIFA are fucking saints compared to the ICB.

/.

Comment

I think the 'upward only rent reviews' are going to form part of the FrontLine discussion tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            ok looking over the posts, start your machine in safe mode and then access as normal.
                            Then get chrome/ff
                            also get some antivirus
                            Safemode with Networking.

Boom $10 plz
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Watching the University Challenge final from earlier, those Cambridge boys are an awful smug bunch...

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                Can you recommend a movie for me lads. I've seen very few that have been released the last couple of years.
                                A good sci-fi would be a bonus. Tyty.
                                sisterhood of the travelling pants.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                  Watching the University Challenge final from earlier, those Cambridge boys are an awful smug bunch...
                                  Just finished watching it there too. McComish and Cudmore are smug bastards, Chen is ok imo and Haddad-Fonda is a weirdo.

York all seemed fine with the possible exception of Clemo who seems to be a bit of an oddball.

Also, ship the 15 correct questions!

Comment

I heard mcateer made a right show of himself on newstalk earlier?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Almost feel sorry for Lloyd at this stage.

However, I can easily see why he decided to follow Munster, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out and definitely can't blame him for it!

10 years ago, a young lad named Lloyd was looking for a rugby team to follow. He was an eager follower of his national team, even though they weren't all that great. Every day he'd practise his Garryowen's in the back garden, dreaming of wearing a green Jersey, and having Keith Wood pat him on the back for scoring his 3rd hat trick in as many games.

However, the 8 games a year that the Ireland team played weren't enough for Lloyd, and why should they be? He was thirsty for the sport, and needed to get his fix. He looked through some catalogues, some newspapers, and browsed some internet sites of teams. He came across a team in Blue, they seemed to all be from a certain part of Dublin, and were a bit uppity. Lloyd didn't like Blue.
                                        He flicked another page, and there he saw it, some men in Red, but wait, these weren't just any men in Red. Most of these guys were the players he supported during the 5Nations! How handy, Ireland basically had a club team! He ran a sweaty finger over each letter, repeating them individually, before grasping the opportunity to say the word in full. "M-U-N-S-T-E-R, M-U-N-S-T-E-R, MUNSTER"!

Lloyd was a happy bunny, he had found his team, and even better than that, he managed to get involved just as they turned a corner. They beat a strong Ulster team, full of "bad men from the North", Hardy bastards the lot of them. It was David vs Goliath stuff, and Lloyd couldn't keep his eyes from the screen.

A week later, they win again, this was brand new to Lloyd, having been so interested in the Irish team, he had no idea what it was like to have back to back wins! Another week passed with a win, and another, and another. Lloyd said to himself, "I could get used to this".

From then onwards, Lloyd was a Lunster. A Munster fan trapped in the body of a Leinster bred man.
                                        Last edited by Emmet; 04-04-11, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                          Just finished watching it there too. McComish and Cudmore are smug bastards, Chen is ok imo and Haddad-Fonda is a weirdo.

York all seemed fine with the possible exception of Clemo who seems to be a bit of an oddball.

Also, ship the 15 correct questions!
                                          Pretty impressive stuff.

I think Chen's hair, and pants when he eventually stood up, will have him forever labelled as a smug bastard in my book.

Anybody that says they are reading a college course (as opposed to doing one), is also automatically labelled as a gimp.

Comment

Setanta showing the 100k SNG again!! Get some new episodes or at least replay ones that haven't been shown in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                              oh my God - listen to this 28 minutes in.

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/22/monday/1/

history of getting sent off

cost dublin an all ireland

Its all his fault

He's not a hard man he should apologies

lol

Comment

This week in late evening instead of tilting myself playing poker or boring myself reading psychotherapy books I'm going to watch prison films that have come out in the last couple of years.

First up is a Spanish one from last year Cell 211:

Next will be a Danish effort with real inmates called R:

Then perhaps Dog Pound:

Apparently it's a poor French / Canadian remake of Scum. But Scum is so good that I would probably enjoy a bad remake.

I keep you alerted Oleras if there are any good male rape scenes.

Comment

Listened to it in the car on the way home. Mcateer made some ape of himself.

Comment

Can you recommend a movie for me lads. I've seen very few that have been released the last couple of years.
                                                    The Thing if you have not seen it. And The Thing if you have no seen it in a while.

Comment

oh my God - listen to this 28 minutes in.

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/22/monday/1/

history of getting sent off

cost dublin an all ireland

Its all his fault

He's not a hard man he should apologies

lol
                                                      what a retard

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                        The Thing if you have not seen it. And The Thing if you have no seen it in a while.
                                                        Was on the other night on tv
                                                        great film

Comment

Moon/Star Trek/Children of Men/Monsters/Sunshine/Equilibrium/The Island/Inception/Tron Legacy

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                          Have you seen Camelot ? watched the first 2 last night, while not fantastic it was quiet entertaining.

Looking forward to the above, just hope its not too complicated if you know what i mean !
                                                          Nope haven't watched it yet they released the first episode awhile back for some reason, looks good.
                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                            If it's next Thursday as I thought then were on.... I won't be drinking though I'll have to drive... I can have some 7ups though!!

Tony you coming? We should get olly for vendetta out of retirement too!!

If the next few days go as well as I hope then I'll buy the beer!!

I had a very interesting meeting today. The guy seemed happy to meet my inflated wage demand and it looks like I'll be doing something potentially very interesting in a few months time. Hold dealer please.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              Was on the other night on tv
                                                              great film
                                                              the xbox game of "the thing" was one of like 5 games i ever got into. id nearly start it again if i find it tomorrow.

Comment

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

ipoker

edit lol ^^^^^^

anyone know roughly how much rake i would have to pay to get say 10000 ipoints

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-04-11, 22:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                      Bubbleking?

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                        the xbox game of "the thing" was one of like 5 games i ever got into. id nearly start it again if i find it tomorrow.
                                                                        used to play it on the playstation. All I can remember of it is that I loved it and people disappearing around corners in the snow

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                          If the next few days go as well as I hope then I'll buy the beer!!

I had a very interesting meeting today. The guy seemed happy to meet my inflated wage demand and it looks like I'll be doing something potentially very interesting in a few months time. Hold dealer please.
                                                                          congrats on this, hold 1 time . . . and hope it all goes well for you Ollie!
                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Would love to try and hitch a lift wearing an orange jumpsuit on that road.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                              Really freaks me out when I see my facebook pic on a website and you are encouraged to 'Like' something or make a comment that then appears on your facebook profile. Even porn websites have it now (i'm led to believe).

Having a look to see how to get rid of it, and the facebook FAQ on how to remove this 'social apps' says:

fckers, so in answer to the FAQ 'how do i remove this?'; their answer is essentially 'why would you want to?'

Anyone know of an informal way of getting rid of it e.g. by blocking the script from appearing?

EDIT: well that didn't take long, should have spent an extra 20 secs googling for an answer! This works for Firefox, Chrome: http://webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/
                                                                              Ugh, don't install any 3rd party add-ons for this kind of thing. It's in your account settings. Under Facebook Adverts -> Social Adverts settings.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                                Jeez, get over yourself with the working-class martyr act.

Don't particularly have a problem with you supporting Munster but your opinion of Leinster rugby is disgustingly prejudiced and just plain wrong.

I went to Templeogue College. Just incase you think we're part of the bourgeois I'll state that half my school were from Tallaght with most of the others from Perrystown/Templeogue or elsewhere in the local area. We used to trot out on our milk-bottle legs every Wednesday to get the absolute bollocks knocked out of us by the "big" schools.

Leinster rep players were few and far between at the school for 2 main reasons.

1) Player pool, most lads didn't want to play rugby and focussed on GAA or Soccer instead, fair enough.

2) Resources; a public school like Templeogue obv can't compete with the private ones.

I'd imagine this is the case in most public schools that play rugby. We never got bitter about it. It's not unfair that other schools have more representative players, they're just plain better.

Any of the lads that went to trials or the rare ones that made Leinster rep never had any problems getting along with the guys from richer schools. Any of the guys that went up to Mary's club after school get along fine with the lads from Mary's, High School, Gerrards and wherever else.

You can hardly claim there's ever been a concerted effort by the D4 elite to exclude the plebs, it just so happened that people from working-class backgrounds by and large weren't interested. That's not the branch's fault. Now that interest is growing they're adapting and taking measures like sending coaches to any schools that are interested in developing a team.

The perceived prejudice and snobbery is your problem, not Leinster rugby's.
                                                                                How many times do I need to type "my issues" and "chip on my shoulder" for you to get it? If your sense of outrage was matched in equal measure by reading ability you wouldn't have bothered with the above.

As for your first sentence and the rest: go fuck yourself.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                Munster sure as shit didn't represent you either...
                                                                                Its confusing to say that you felt detached from a team that you were part of, yet attached to a team from another part of the country which had no fucking clue about your background either.

Also, I posted a response to Zuroph about the chip on the shoulder bit, obviously that was a case of wires crossed.

Fwiw, and without trying to sound harsh, its plain as fair weatherism to most of us. You have given plenty of reasons why Leinster isn't "your team", yet Munster is?
                                                                                Cool, I don't care what you think. Leinster rugby doesn't represent me, so I don't support them. Just like I support Liverpool.

The only sporting support that makes logical sense is my UCD Soccer season ticket - cause I went there and played sport for them. But again, sports fandom is not a rational act.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

Every day at least a few people on my facebook post things from the onion.
                                                                                    The onion is not 98% unfunny and 100% lame.
                                                                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 05-04-11, 00:05.

Comment

Just skimmed thru Wrestlemania, what an utter pile of shite. The intro bit from The Rock was about the only decent thing

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                        Just skimmed thru Wrestlemania, what an utter pile of shite. The intro bit from The Rock was about the only decent thing
                                                                                        Ya, same as.

Why the hell was Drew Carey inducted into the Hall of Fame thing as well? What the hell is that all about?

Comment

Didn't expect this from Snooki

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed0LaWLy5N8[/ame]
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Did The Undertaker win?
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                              Did The Undertaker win?
                                                                                              Never mind that!
                                                                                              Did Big Daddy win?

Last edited by Guest; 05-04-11, 00:19.

Comment

Did The Undertaker win?
                                                                                                Pretty silly question.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Ya, same as.

Why the hell was Drew Carey inducted into the Hall of Fame thing as well? What the hell is that all about?
                                                                                                  Yeah what was all that about? Very odd.

Did The Undertaker win?
                                                                                                  Yeah after him and HHH kicked out of about 12 million finishing moves included HHH giving him a tombstone, load of cock.

Comment

Looking for advise on buying an office chair. One that will keep my back in tact preferably.

I dont know what price range or what I should be looking for, so any advice or links would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                      Didn't expect this from Snooki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed0LaWLy5N8
                                                                                                      I skipped that whole match, thats quality

The whole Cole/Lawlor thing was one of the most retarded storylines and matches ever.

Comment

Cell 211 was very watchable indeed. Nice and gritty.

Comment

Zod or anyone else that plays in the VCC know when the sunday monthly game is on?

Comment

2 pair no good v bottom set then JJ no good v J9o aipf lol poker can fuck off. 2 years of this shit time to hang up the boots

Comment

Got some sort of bit on my ankle a week or two ago,
                                                                                                              Wouldn't heal as socks and shoes were irritating it and I was at it a bit too. Its after getting really bad in the last few days, puffy, pus building up, quite painful at times.
                                                                                                              Seriously pissing me off

edit: I have a weeks dose of antibiotic (amoxycillin) which shouldn't help clear it up if its a staph infection or similar
                                                                                                              Last edited by Mellor; 05-04-11, 00:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Harney View Post
                                                                                                                2 pair no good v bottom set then JJ no good v J9o aipf lol poker can fuck off. 2 years of this shit time to hang up the boots
                                                                                                                Standard There was Aces I think 11 times in a 90 minute period there before the break, was strange stuff. You be playing the Masters?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  Cell 211 was very watchable indeed. Nice and gritty.
                                                                                                                  Been a while since I watched it but I remember the opening scene being particularly grisly.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    Been a while since I watched it but I remember the opening scene being particularly grisly.

Opr
                                                                                                                    Opr

Comment

Standard There was Aces I think 11 times in a 90 minute period there before the break, was strange stuff. You be playing the Masters?
                                                                                                                      Nah I'm done. What about you?

Next game and more than likely my last will be the league final win lose or draw.

Had enough headaches to last a lifetime

Comment

Think I win..

Comment

Any sng people know whats a good roi playing those double up things??

Games played - 2375
                                                                                                                          Av profit - $1
                                                                                                                          Av stake - $17
                                                                                                                          Av roi - 7%
                                                                                                                          Total profit - $2474

Is that decent, is it a big enough sample size?

Not my stats.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Starvin Marvin; 05-04-11, 01:20.
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X