• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UC is a bit like Leinster v Munster; the Toffs giving the Plebs a hiding
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      eoghan you gaylord, when are we having our night out?
      Glynn sorry I've taken so long on this.... How about Thursday before good Friday? The 21st I think it is? Ive just been quite busy and played once in the last couple of months! Can we stick that date in? Nxt chance I'll get I'd say? Maybe next thursday....

Comment

Thanks DP how do you start a comp in safe mode? ( I know I'm a retard)

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
          Glynn sorry I've taken so long on this.... How about Thursday before good Friday? The 21st I think it is? Ive just been quite busy and played once in the last couple of months! Can we stick that date in? Nxt chance I'll get I'd say? Maybe next thursday....
          I'm only messing btw! just saw you posting there

how about Thurs 14th, the SE 100 DC. I'll buy the booze.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Monthly Double chance is on in SE this week.

Comment

whatever about the Lunster thing, I really don't get hating Barcelona

what's that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                that's wierd, thought it was always the 2nd Thursday?

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                  http://xtreamer.net/ultra/ BARGAIN! This looks the business as a barebones Home media PC build, I'm sorely tempted. Only thing thats stopping me is not being able to fully add Live tv the way I'd like to, but I may still get this and put it in bedroom,and stream the TV up from another PC that CAN take the TV input.
                  * This price is at our official online shop in Hong Kong.
                  ** Clients may be required to pay taxes as may be applied by
                  their local government.
                  how much would the taxes be?

was looking at that last week..
                  makers have a bit of a bad rep i read on the xbmc forums

Comment

that's wierd, thought it was always the 2nd Thursday?
                    it is

Comment

it is
                      last Thursday was 31st of March, i.e. Fitz EOM

this Thurs is 1st Thurs

one of us be crazy

Comment

Finkel is finkeling the bejaysus out of the boards poker forum. What is the cause of his self imposed absence?
                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                          Finkel is finkeling the bejaysus out of the boards poker forum. What is the cause of his self imposed absence?
                          he misses Icarus

Comment

Yea they look awesome but the really strong looking teams have a habit of tripping up in the final and I think Madglen are going for a fourth win which would be a record number of wins for a college over the 40 odd years. Still I'd be making them about 1/2 Fav on form.
                            Looks like 1/2 would have been a bargain. They smashed it.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

last Thursday was 31st of March, i.e. Fitz EOM

this Thurs is 1st Thurs

one of us be crazy
                              One of us is a bit thick and it isn't you

It is Thursday week the 14th.

Comment

If it's next Thursday as I thought then were on.... I won't be drinking though I'll have to drive... I can have some 7ups though!!

Tony you coming? We should get olly for vendetta out of retirement too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                  He truly is lol

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  he misses Icarus
                                  I miss Icky
                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

If it's next Thursday as I thought then were on.... I won't be drinking though I'll have to drive... I can have some 7ups though!!

Tony you coming? We should get olly for vendetta out of retirement too!!
                                    sounds good

we should get rounders123 out as well, another IPBer bumped into him last week. Lazare is back in the game too!

Comment

2 large packs of Hunky Dories
                                      Microwave popcorn
                                      Snacks shortcakes
                                      a few beers
                                      lucozade
                                      prerolled smokes

Wrestlemania baby
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some of the tweets by the Irish lads this evening

Gary Wilson: What is going on? Excuse the French but that is a sh*t decision! Not a world cup now, just a trophy with 10 teams. Heads up their own a***s
                                        Paul Stirling: @gwilson14 Didn't think u cud get a worse decision than ure lbw gainst the windies... I stand corrected ha!
                                        Trent Johnston: The ICC have certainly made my decision to retire after the 2012 T/20 World Cup very easy, thanks for the memories... #cricket #icc.
                                        Boyd Rankin: Thanks ICC!! What does Irish cricket got to do?? Shambles!!
                                        William Porterfield: Trying to compensate it with 16 teams in the T20, is that cuz they make more dollars by having a few more teams in this format by any chance!!#icc
                                        Niall O'Brien: mate just got of the field and I'm gutted with this news! This could halt the progress of irish cricket beyond repair. So sad now
                                        Barry Chambers (media manager): ICC - no morals - no sense of fair play or natural justice. They are a disgrace and unfit to govern

Comment

Source Code has gotten excellent reviews from critics. Don't be fooled by them.

Comment

cant be worse than sucker punch

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              Some of the tweets by the Irish lads this evening

Gary Wilson: What is going on? Excuse the French but that is a sh*t decision! Not a world cup now, just a trophy with 10 teams. Heads up their own a***s
                                              Paul Stirling: @gwilson14 Didn't think u cud get a worse decision than ure lbw gainst the windies... I stand corrected ha!
                                              Trent Johnston: The ICC have certainly made my decision to retire after the 2012 T/20 World Cup very easy, thanks for the memories... #cricket #icc.
                                              Boyd Rankin: Thanks ICC!! What does Irish cricket got to do?? Shambles!!
                                              William Porterfield: Trying to compensate it with 16 teams in the T20, is that cuz they make more dollars by having a few more teams in this format by any chance!!#icc
                                              Niall O'Brien: mate just got of the field and I'm gutted with this news! This could halt the progress of irish cricket beyond repair. So sad now
                                              Barry Chambers (media manager): ICC - no morals - no sense of fair play or natural justice. They are a disgrace and unfit to govern
                                              What is stopping the smaller non test teams having there own world cup event ?
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

sounds good

we should get rounders123 out as well, another IPBer bumped into him last week. Lazare is back in the game too!
                                                Cheers will consider this despite it clashing with the masters(know you hate the golf though!), having el tren with us at the IO rail is another option(he wont know until the nite!).
                                                On here much less these days on account of work software blocking the site. Boards.ie is good though so 5starpool obv not doing his job properly.
                                                Played recently in bluff swords and didnt have to be reminded to put out the blinds once. Some skills you just dont lose.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  I watched a trailer last week for it and was convinced i had seen it already, was there a film last year about a guy going back in time to stop a bomb on a train ? ?
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                    Cheers will consider this despite it clashing with the masters(know you hate the golf though!), having el tren with us at the IO rail is another option(he wont know until the nite!).
                                                    no clash, it's next week!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      What is stopping the smaller non test teams having there own world cup event ?
                                                      They have their own events...previously a qualifying tournament, also a 4 day inter-continental cup. They deserve to have at least some representation at the main event

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        Microwave popcorn
                                                        Snacks shortcakes
                                                        a few beers
                                                        lucozade
                                                        prerolled smokes

Wrestlemania baby
                                                        why would you do that to yourself? worst wrestlemania ever

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                            excellent, hopefully i'll see ya there so. Gotta sort out some accom now.
                                                            PM sent there Squire

Comment

did any of ye watch Temple Grandin last night on sky atlantic, im watching it now , its brill.
                                                              claire danes does a great job playing the part!
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

played my first 400 odd hands of Rush

going along flying-ly 2-tabling at the meagre foothills known as $5 NL (reckon my steal % was at least up in the 70's)

alas disconnected twice approx 200 hands in and than at the 400 odd mark
                                                                had hands both times i disconnected
                                                                last time KK with a raiser before me & involved in a hand on other table

anyone else having problems with Full Tilt or has my auld clunker met its match and cannot feel the Rush

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  this bit in the trailer

Colter: What would you do if you knew you had less than 8 minutes to live?
                                                                  Christina: I don't know. [pause] I would make those seconds count.
                                                                  put me right off

no doubt a device of some kind that is fleshed out later in film but as clunky arsed a bit of prose as I've ever seen (says he in the finest slung together slang)

SPOILER
                                                                  If I said minutes to you in the heat of a dramatic moment you would reply with the word minutes imo

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    Saw these, and thought of ye...

[NSFW="Lots of Wenches"]

[/NSFW]
                                                                    Although they don't show up if you right click open image in new tab they do, some nice looking wenches
                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post

Ironically called Deja Vu with Denzel Washington?
                                                                      When I read this I was sure I had read it in a previous post of yours already

Comment

LOL Omaha
                                                                        Last night I got one outered in a 500bb pot when they river quads
                                                                        Tonight another nearly 500 bb pot I have the nut house (2nd nuts) they have quads obv at least tonight they had the decency to flop it.
                                                                        Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          Microwave popcorn
                                                                          Snacks shortcakes
                                                                          a few beers
                                                                          lucozade
                                                                          prerolled smokes

Wrestlemania baby
                                                                          Do you mind, im on a diet like
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            he misses Icarus
                                                                            Remember they shared a room at the IPB game last year...

Comment

First 14 minutes of Game of Thrones for any of you interested.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9MItNxK_yY[/ame]
                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                1) So some players play from Leinster who aren't from South Dublin? So - doesn't affect my issues.

2) Cool, but if you are a decent teenage athlete who doesn't go to those schools or associate with those who do you aren't going to feel anything towards the whole machine. It doesn't naturally represent you. Rugby does not automatically equal Leinster for me.

3) As I said originally, they made great strides over the past 10 years. But I was in school up to 10 years ago. Get it? When I was developing sporting allegiance Leinster was a badly supported entity stuffed with gutless players representative of a narrow slice of Dublin / Leinster society. As such, it did not appeal to me.

4) I watched a bunch of Irish, Munster and Leinster games this year with former Gonzaga / Blackrock lads. They HATE Munster just as much as I hate Leinster. Hate Munster players getting selected, will tell you O' Callagan and O' Connell aren't fit to lace Cullen's boots etc, etc. If you think the hate flows the one way you are deluded.

Ultimately, you haven't a fucking clue about my background, where my sense of identity comes from and what has honed it. Leinster did not represent me growing up. And now it's too late for people like me. The ship has sailed.

As I said above, when I played for Leinster Hockey, I felt extremely detached from the kids I played with. Different Dublin altogether. You can't change what I feel or where I come from. Sense of identity is not a rational subject.
                                                                                Jeez, get over yourself with the working-class martyr act.

Don't particularly have a problem with you supporting Munster but your opinion of Leinster rugby is disgustingly prejudiced and just plain wrong.

I went to Templeogue College. Just incase you think we're part of the bourgeois I'll state that half my school were from Tallaght with most of the others from Perrystown/Templeogue or elsewhere in the local area. We used to trot out on our milk-bottle legs every Wednesday to get the absolute bollocks knocked out of us by the "big" schools.

Leinster rep players were few and far between at the school for 2 main reasons.

1) Player pool, most lads didn't want to play rugby and focussed on GAA or Soccer instead, fair enough.

2) Resources; a public school like Templeogue obv can't compete with the private ones.

I'd imagine this is the case in most public schools that play rugby. We never got bitter about it. It's not unfair that other schools have more representative players, they're just plain better.

Any of the lads that went to trials or the rare ones that made Leinster rep never had any problems getting along with the guys from richer schools. Any of the guys that went up to Mary's club after school get along fine with the lads from Mary's, High School, Gerrards and wherever else.

You can hardly claim there's ever been a concerted effort by the D4 elite to exclude the plebs, it just so happened that people from working-class backgrounds by and large weren't interested. That's not the branch's fault. Now that interest is growing they're adapting and taking measures like sending coaches to any schools that are interested in developing a team.

The perceived prejudice and snobbery is your problem, not Leinster rugby's.

Comment

Can you recommend a movie for me lads. I've seen very few that have been released the last couple of years.
                                                                                  A good sci-fi would be a bonus. Tyty.
                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Post on the right forum next time! for your information it's the first real chance I've had to be online for a few days. Lucky for you too or I'd of had to ban you for this later!

Originally posted by Kayroo
                                                                                    I know a couple of the Soccer Mods post and lurk here and I'm sorry for bugging ye over there but your moderation of that thread is ****ing abysmal.

You let defamatory, hateful and downright insulting posts slide without so much as a by-your-leave. It makes me ****ing sick reading some of the stuff and not seeing a single moderators intervention other than Dub13 making an off-hand comment about it not becoming a GAA -v- Soccer thing.

Pathetic work lads. Pathetic.
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Ultimately, you haven't a fucking clue about my background, where my sense of identity comes from and what has honed it. Leinster did not represent me growing up. And now it's too late for people like me. The ship has sailed.
                                                                                      Comments like this tilt the bejaysus out of me.

A few freaks in Omagh have similar feelings about another topic.

Edit: Obviously thats overly harsh but it's so annoying reading about people who refuse to change an opinion.
                                                                                      Last edited by Ste05; 04-04-11, 21:20.

Comment

LOL

Meant to post something about the Soccer Mods essentially being pathetic in their moderation of the Soccer Forum thread on McAteer in THIS THREAD but accidentally posted it in THAT thread.

Sorry Soccer Mods (Iago, Dub13 etc) it was meant for here, not there. I really am sorry if it caused any trouble at all. Really I am.
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                          Post on the right forum next time! for your information it's the first real chance I've had to be online for a few days. Lucky for you too or I'd of had to ban you for this later!
                                                                                          To be fair, I spent 5 minutes scanning the thread and found a plethora of abusive and defamatory posts that were roundly applauded by that forum. It's been a joke from minute one.

You know I like you Iago so don't take it personally. Just found the whole episode distasteful really.

Comment

Top quality spam.

Want to work alongside that guy.
                                                                                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 04-04-11, 21:16.
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                              Quite liked it!

Ironically called Deja Vu with Denzel Washington?
                                                                                              Dont think so, think it was a soldier, went back several times, kept getting killed..meh, dont worry about it.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Kev, seems you have one too many * in the title.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                  LOL

Meant to post something about the Soccer Mods essentially being pathetic in their moderation of the Soccer Forum thread on McAteer in THIS THREAD but accidentally posted it in THAT thread.

Sorry Soccer Mods (Iago, Dub13 etc) it was meant for here, not there. I really am sorry if it caused any trouble at all. Really I am.
                                                                                                  Agreed, they really need to clamp down on the bogball posting, they have their own forum for that afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                    Kev, seems you have one too many * in the title.
                                                                                                    ty. I'm blaming my seething anger.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                      First 14 minutes of Game of Thrones for any of you interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9MItNxK_yY
                                                                                                      Have you seen Camelot ? watched the first 2 last night, while not fantastic it was quiet entertaining.

Looking forward to the above, just hope its not too complicated if you know what i mean !
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                        this bit in the trailer

put me right off

no doubt a device of some kind that is fleshed out later in film but as clunky arsed a bit of prose as I've ever seen (says he in the finest slung together slang)

SPOILER
                                                                                                        If I said minutes to you in the heat of a dramatic moment you would reply with the word minutes imo
                                                                                                        Just watched the trailer, it's weird because in the film he says "What would you do if you knew you had less than a minute to live, but they dub over him "8 minutes".

Comment

ty. I'm blaming my seething anger.
                                                                                                          was always gonna happen Kev, they leaked it during the WC

Comment

I dont get how its ok for Lloyd to support Liverpool but not Munster? Id be in the same boat, dont understand the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly types so dont really have any interest in following them.

Comment

As I said above, when I played for Leinster Hockey, I felt extremely detached from the kids I played with. Different Dublin altogether. You can't change what I feel or where I come from. Sense of identity is not a rational subject.
                                                                                                              It's a good thing it's not rational because if you think rugby in Limerick and Cork isn't the same as it is in Dublin then you are greatly mistaken. Your narrow view of the Leinster team is just that, narrow and myopic.

I understand allegiances have been formed, opinions won't be changed. Still, from the "voice of reason" I'd hoped for more.

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Last sentence may have been a shameless trolling exercise.

Comment

was always gonna happen Kev, they leaked it during the WC
                                                                                                                Ya I know, but thought they'd at least come round to some form of qualification event including Zim and Bang.

Cricket Ireland rightly fucked now.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                  Agreed, they really need to clamp down on the bogball posting, they have their own forum for that afaik.
                                                                                                                  Swing and a miss. Next customer please...

Comment

Ya I know, but thought they'd at least come round to some form of qualification event including Zim and Bang.

Cricket Ireland rightly fucked now.
                                                                                                                    Chatting to a North County mate of mine this evening at a local football match and he is seething about it. All the kids coming through the ranks and the years of hard work they've done to get where they are all ruined by 1 board meeting.

Make you sick.

Comment

The heads of the ICC and FIFA should go elope imo.
                                                                                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                        I dont get how its ok for Lloyd to support Liverpool but not Munster? Id be in the same boat, dont understand the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly types so dont really have any interest in following them.
                                                                                                                        Nobody said it's ok for Lloyd to support Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                          Swing and a miss. Next customer please...
                                                                                                                          Meh, only a partial swing, genuinely dont understand why they feel the need to defend themselves on the footie forum. Ive never read their forum, been linked to one or two bigoted threads on hoganstand around the time the gaa tried to kill a loi club but no chance Id ever sign up or post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X