Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the heads up on Childish Gambino Marc had absolute no idea and been listening to culdesac its quality cracking song on the album

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx_vEkVn5Ic[/ame]
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
      You tell them sligoboi.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
        Top 3 paid, there were 8 still left when these hands came about. So there were no pay jumps yet. I'm not disputing what your saying, I just think the first fold was standard, but the second fold was more difficult.
        Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        AFAIK there wasnt any pay jumps but does seem like the type that would do it so I get your point
        Ah right sorry, just presumed the full FT was paid But yeah, she's like that Broomcorn's Uncle lad.

About 7 months ago I was drinking at home here with one of the lads. Think we were playing drunken scrabble where if ya scored <15 points ya had to drink. Moved on to drunken tekken. Unhoooked the pc, linked the xbox into the monitor and played away. When I went to grind the next day there was a line going down the middle of the screen. It was like the high def had gone from one 1/2 of the screen. I asked someone about it and they said it was fecked. I presumed I was too rough with it when I due to being shitfaced. Couldn't watch films on it but it was grand for playing poker so never got a new one.

Yesterday a mate calls over and tells me that it's not broken, it's a setting on the monitor. So reset it to the factory settings and hey presto, it's as good as new.

brag: feels like I have a new monitor
        beat: I'm an big idiot
        variance: what the feck sort of setting is that? I cant imagine any possible use for it.
        It's all an illusion

Comment

It's for people with one monitor who want to pretend they have two.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
            Think I am averaging 115 per 2 month billing period for electricity.
            This is for a 1 bed apartment, heating is not electric but hob/oven is.

Is this high? Seems fucking high.
            Anyone living somewhere comparable?
            That is really high. We pay about 138 for two months and ours is a 4 bed house. Do you use the immersion heater to heat the water?

Comment

Neven Mc Guire....

Well, he's no Gordon. I just can't stand him. He just doesnt come across like a head chef cunt. Almost seems too nice.
              Any of you going to admit to watching cookery programmes?

Comment

Just after finishing a 14 page equity analysis report on a share of our choice listed on the FTSE (I chose RBS). Last part was to write a short recommendation on whether to buy/nold/sell said share.

Lol, having that bit of gamble in me I hope he didn't expect me to write out all that, just to sit on the fence and recommend 'Hold'?!

Gambol that shit up and buy! buy! buy!

Comment

Originally posted by themadchef View Post
                  Neven Mc Guire....

Well, he's no Gordon. I just can't stand him. He just doesnt come across like a head chef cunt. Almost seems too nice.
                  Masterchef has been discussed in here plenty, and IPB also has a cookery and recipes type thread in the community forum, so take your judgemental ways away with you, wench.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 31-03-11, 20:08.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                      That is really high. We pay about 138 for two months and ours is a 4 bed house. Do you use the immersion heater to heat the water?
                      Yes. :-/
                      Do you?

Neven Mc Guire....

I like him.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Fgemz7Pjg[/ame]

Comment

Neven Mc Guire....

Contribute here please

Comment

Neven Mc Guire....

His food is excellent, I've never eaten better than at his restaurant.
                            He's a genuinely nice guy but comes over a bit too sweet on TV , probably got lessons from Daniel O'Donnell but unlike many TV chefs his recipes are practical and actually work.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                            Went for the first pregnancy scan today. When we went in initially the scan showed all the major parts in fine working order, but couldn't see the gender as the legs were crossed - so the lady says for the gf to go downstairs drink a coca-cola and eat a chocolate bar, as all the sugar will get the baby moving about. Sure enough, 15 mins later we come back in and the scan shows the baby jumping around like a mad thing waving her hands and legs.

gf was slightly bemused but a huge fan of the type of care on offer; really friendly, yet very professional. Apparently Russian hospitals are a bit austere
                            So, is it a Boy or a Child?

Edit I see the Her in there now, UL Girls are far more hassle than boys
                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-03-11, 20:26.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Do you use the immersion heater to heat the water?
                              Do you?
                              I do too, is that a bad thing?
                              My last bill was €183 for a two bedroom farmhouse with only me and a whingy cat in it.

Comment

on the weightwatchers stuff

Firstly Michelle, I wish you all the best in the Weightwatchers, I re-joined last week, and to say it was soul destroying is an understatement. I have started to do walking, with my new work system I have a half day on a Wednesday and also a Friday off work. The walk I do is a 6km walk and I have been wrecked the last week....

One thing I will say Michelle is that you seem to have quite an impulsive personality, and nearly want to see immediate results... WW is a long term thing.

I love the wine aswell but to be honest it is really bad for your system....and not worth it with the amount of sugar in them.

I am finding the new system a little tough, but getting there. The one thing I will say is to go for a more low carb high protein approach, and avoid the WW frozen meals.... in fact any frozen meals are manky....

I have a lot more weight to lose than you Michelle but everything is relevant.... It will be tougher for you to lose half a stone than it will be for me.

Anyway, I like going to the classes, getting some receipe tips, and the biggest and most important thing to do is write down exactly what you eat..

The toughest thing I am finding is getting into a habit of doing more excersise, less whinging abpout my weight and wine drinking, (I have become an expert at the wine drinking)

I have tried to substitute the diet coke for water, sometimes it works but at the end of the day you can't beat a pint of diet coke with loads of ice and lemon.... mmm.
                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Went for the first pregnancy scan today. When we went in initially the scan showed all the major parts in fine working order, but couldn't see the gender as the legs were crossed - so the lady says for the gf to go downstairs drink a coca-cola and eat a chocolate bar, as all the sugar will get the baby moving about. Sure enough, 15 mins later we come back in and the scan shows the baby jumping around like a mad thing waving her hands and legs.

gf was slightly bemused but a huge fan of the type of care on offer; really friendly, yet very professional. Apparently Russian hospitals are a bit austere
                                  Congrats on the little lady! girls are great.

Do you?

I like him.
                                  No I don't as they eat electricity so much. Stick it on to heat the water and stick back off. If you watch the dial with the immersion off and then when it is on you will get a shock!
                                  Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                  I do too, is that a bad thing?
                                  My last bill was €183 for a two bedroom farmhouse with only me and a whingy cat in it.
                                  Yes it is a bad thing. I burnt out one years ago as well as I left it on all the time.

Comment

Wow, what a bullshit answer from our hosting support.

There does appear to be an issue on your server. We are aware of this and our Admins are presently addressing the situation. I truly do apologize that I cannot share the specifics of the issue, as to even query an Admin as to the specifics would ultimately slow down their resolution of the issue. We do constantly strive to resolve any server issues as soon as humanly possible. I thank you very much for your understanding

Comment

the scan shows the baby jumping around like a mad thing waving her hands and legs.
                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      So, is it a Boy or a Child?

One more for their team Strewel

Comment

Congrats on the little lady! girls are great.
                                        Sexist
                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Sexist
                                            I am sure Flushdraw would agree with me here as he is besotted with his little girl and the feeling is mutual.

Comment

Joke?! A girl. Even decided the name already after reading a book with a fairly epic 3,500 girls names; gf doesn't seem to believe in Irish superstitions of not getting too involved until the kid is born.
                                              Name or GTFO

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16m-Sc2FA-o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16m-Sc2FA-o[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  Masterchef has been discussed in here plenty, and IPB also has a cookery and recipes type thread in the community forum, so take your judgemental ways away with you, wench.

PMSL

If ya turn around now and tell me there's a "does my arse look big in this" thread ima.... well ima gonna be in there so fast to judge i'll leave skid marks!

Comment

Bit better follow up reply.

I understand your frustration. Alright, first I would like to thank you for allowing us the time to look into this for you. I would like assure you that when we say we are looking into something, these are not idle words. I understand that fact that you would like this to be resolved and just move to another server. However, I do not believe that this is the best approach for two reasons. 1) The actual moving of your account you take more time, than an actually fix. 2) An actual fix/permanent solution is what we are looking to move towards. As this is a shared account/server and this will effect many users, I assure you our admins are looking into the server issue and are working towards removing the problems so this will not happen in the future. I do not see this as an issue that would be recurring. It just needs time to be crushed by the awesome power and knowledge of our admins. I completely understand the fact that you would like this account to be moved, but you may get tired of moving should the same fixable error happen on another server that you move to.
                                                    Still no timeframe for getting the server issues finally resolved. Apologies to everyone for this annoyance and inconvenience, but we are chasing it up as best we can with the hosting company, but the issue is on their side.

Comment

PMSL

If ya turn around now and tell me there's a "does my arse look big in this" thread ima.... well ima gonna be in there so fast to judge i'll leave skid marks!
                                                      No, we closed the womens bbv before it really got going.

Comment

Fairly shit answer!

Tech support

Admin

Comment

Don't worry Dom, sure it's not your fault.
                                                          If anything, I blame Kev.

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                                                          Story promised Phil Babb but was let down by too little Phil Babb

No I don't as they eat electricity so much. Stick it on to heat the water and stick back off. If you watch the dial with the immersion off and then when it is on you will get a shock!

Yes it is a bad thing. I burnt out one years ago as well as I left it on all the time.
                                                          Don't really need the heat on generally, only seemed to have to eat the place from mid nov to mid feb.

I can't see our esb box as it is located elsewhere.
                                                          I guess I'll have to figure out how to do the above and see how it goes.

Comment

its a bit like the new political lingo "going forward" and "we are where we are" a ball of shit talk that means nothing but something to say when asked an awakard question.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Bit better follow up reply.

Still no timeframe for getting the server issues finally resolved. Apologies to everyone for this annoyance and inconvenience, but we are chasing it up as best we can with the hosting company, but the issue is on their side.
                                                              It just needs time to be crushed by the awesome power and knowledge of our admins.
                                                              much better

Comment

Ok, so Sligboi is Sligboi and not Sligoboi and I am slowly coming around to the idea (very slowly).

So Sligboi.... where are you from/live/etc?

And why Sligboi?

Comment

Whatever about how he spells it, I always pronounced it in my mind as Sligo-boy. Slig-boy now just sounds silly.

Comment

Evening folks
                                                                    Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Oh, and congrats HH! Glad to hear all is well. What is her name?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        Just after finishing a 14 page equity analysis report on a share of our choice listed on the FTSE (I chose RBS). Last part was to write a short recommendation on whether to buy/nold/sell said share.

Lol, having that bit of gamble in me I hope he didn't expect me to write out all that, just to sit on the fence and recommend 'Hold'?!

Gambol that shit up and buy! buy! buy!
                                                                        Final year Finance in Trinity by any chance with Stewart?

Comment

Ok, so Sligboi is Sligboi and not Sligoboi and I am slowly coming around to the idea (very slowly).

So Sligboi.... where are you from/live/etc?

And why Sligboi?
                                                                          Whatever about how he spells it, I always pronounced it in my mind as Sligo-boy. Slig-boy now just sounds silly.
                                                                          *Begins explaining*

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
                                                                          Evening folks
                                                                          *Shuts up*
                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Don't worry Dom, sure it's not your fault.
                                                                            If anything, I blame Kev.

too many finkels imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                              Final year Finance in Trinity by any chance with Stewart?
                                                                              No, it's an Economics of Financial Markets module in NUIG. Final year commerce, though it's mainly taken by the Economics & Finance crowd.

Comment

Spill the beans sligboi.

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                too many finkels imo
                                                                                It was like when Homer Simpson cloned himself a bunch of times.

Comment

No, it's an Economics of Financial Markets module in NUIG. Final year commerce, though it's mainly taken by the Economics & Finance crowd.
                                                                                  great bunch of lads

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    great bunch of lads

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                      much better
                                                                                      That was the line that improved my attitude to them as well.
                                                                                      I had a conversation with Danny in Killarney about this as well when he kept insisting it was sligboi, not sligoboi as I maintained. I brushed over the issue once it was shown to be sligboi, but have itched to add that extra 'o' ever since.

Comment

Nothing exciting..first poker sn was Sligeachbuachail and picked up the nickname slig from a small group of friends in college. Boi is just a retardation of the word boy playing on the way it is pronounced by residents of Sligo.

QED
                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I had a conversation with Danny in Killarney about this as well when he kept insisting it was sligboi, not sligoboi as I maintained. I brushed over the issue once it was shown to be sligboi, but have itched to add that extra 'o' ever since.
                                                                                          "That cunt sligoboi wrecks my tits"

"It's sligboi"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is. He's still a cunt though"

I remember it being mentioned at the IPO alright but didn't think it was this prevalent. Change it imo.
                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Nothing exciting..first poker sn was Sligeachbuachail and picked up the nickname slig from a small group of friends in college. Boi is just a retardation of the word boy playing on the way it is pronounced by residents of Sligo.

QED
                                                                                            What does Sligeachbuachail mean and where do you hail from?

Comment

Fuck off EA and your poxy servers
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

What does Sligeachbuachail mean and where do you hail from?
                                                                                                Sligo boy Sligo
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

They're my brethren, although obviously I have to assume superiority considering I went to college in Dublin.

That's a given, right?

Comment

jesus thats very good, who are you with, my last bill was 190, 4 bed too! my bills are never below 170!
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

QED
                                                                                                      Is that rite boi? Is it ya?

Comment

"That cunt sligoboi wrecks my tits"

"It's sligboi"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is. He's still a cunt though"

I remember it being mentioned at the IPO alright but didn't think it was this prevalent. Change it imo.
                                                                                                        That's right, it was the IPO, not Killarney. No, you're stuck with it now.

Comment

i think we should all be happy and have another IPB night out to celebrate our happiness.
                                                                                                          we should do it despite the fact that it sounds gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                                            Is that rite boi? Is it ya?
                                                                                                            You know what I do be like boi

That's right, it was the IPO, not Killarney. No, you're stuck with it now.
                                                                                                            Cool beans.
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                                                              i think we should all be happy and have another IPB night out to celebrate our happiness.
                                                                                                              Semibluff is trying to organise soccer for Saturday week - we could tie in with that.

I'll be up that day anyway and would be more than amenable to meeting up for a few pints with anyone who's around.

Comment

I'm in Dublin till Sunday.

In case anyone's worried

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                                                                  Only if it's here in Slig
                                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Ted Williams got him some teeth.

Sligo boy Sligo
                                                                                                                    ffs, after all that you are from Sligo.

Your name must have been Sligoboi here before.
                                                                                                                    I can't take this shit anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      jesus thats very good, who are you with, my last bill was 190, 4 bed too! my bills are never below 170!
                                                                                                                      ya im same 133 for a 4 bed

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                                        on the weightwatchers stuff

Firstly Michelle, I wish you all the best in the Weightwatchers, I re-joined last week, and to say it was soul destroying is an understatement. I have started to do walking, with my new work system I have a half day on a Wednesday and also a Friday off work. The walk I do is a 6km walk and I have been wrecked the last week....

One thing I will say Michelle is that you seem to have quite an impulsive personality, and nearly want to see immediate results... WW is a long term thing.

I love the wine aswell but to be honest it is really bad for your system....and not worth it with the amount of sugar in them.

I am finding the new system a little tough, but getting there. The one thing I will say is to go for a more low carb high protein approach, and avoid the WW frozen meals.... in fact any frozen meals are manky....

I have a lot more weight to lose than you Michelle but everything is relevant.... It will be tougher for you to lose half a stone than it will be for me.

Anyway, I like going to the classes, getting some receipe tips, and the biggest and most important thing to do is write down exactly what you eat..

The toughest thing I am finding is getting into a habit of doing more excersise, less whinging abpout my weight and wine drinking, (I have become an expert at the wine drinking)

I have tried to substitute the diet coke for water, sometimes it works but at the end of the day you can't beat a pint of diet coke with loads of ice and lemon.... mmm.
                                                                                                                        thanks a mil for that, ya the ould wine is a curse. i was so addicted to it!
                                                                                                                        But like you said its worth the visit for the tips and all that, and to motivate me for the walking lol!

hey I can only try, its now or never for me! Good luck to you too!! we will be skinny minnies for the IO
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

theres only one...slig rovers

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X