This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
    Worlds Greatest Dad is a quality little movie.
    You're the second persn to say that. so I think I'll watch it. I've hd it dl'd fro a few months now

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      You're the second persn to say that. so I think I'll watch it. I've hd it dl'd fro a few months now
      Hows the wine?

Comment

fruity and easy to drink.....

Comment

any1 know paul24g on PPP?
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
            12th of 82 left at the third break. please god one time.
            Is this the irish open freeroll? who from the forums is left?

Comment

dunno of anyone else left, they're all keeping it quiet. ya its the freeroll.
              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Actually Jason,
                I would like advice on the hand. If you think I played it that bad, then explain why you think that. I got it all in when I was in front. I got it in with the help of - what I believe - was a good read. Against any other player on another night - you're right - I would've played it differently. But against that player, at that time, I played how I thought I would maximise my profit. It turns out he caught runner runner and I was fcuked.

If he folds then meh - it's early on in a very loose mtt. i've sent out a message that i don't like my blind s being raised and I can build from there.
                well by just 3betting to 2.5-4x his open, you give him room to play back at you with worse,

i think you wer lucky(then unlucky) in that he had a hand as strong as QQ and was happy to stack off,

grant it he may have been god awful and just blew up no matter what you sizing is,

edit: also i love my BB being raised when i have KK

the reason i think it is bad to make it 11x cos you fold out so many hands that you beat from other players at the table, it is not HU,

you also will give unneccessary info away to the rest of the table, if you had only 1100 i think you should be shoving, but when people commit over a 1/3 of their stack they don't fold often so you are making it pretty easy to play against you,

grant it in this one instance it worked out but against all the random donks out der long term this sizing will not be good
                http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                  dunno of anyone else left, they're all keeping it quiet. ya its the freeroll.
                  gl gl

Comment

22nd of 43, i need a hand or two now!
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                      well by just 3betting to 2.5-4x his open, you give him room to play back at you with worse, agreed - but I believed that 1: he'd call - given his rep. 2: he'd shove - given his rep or 3: he'd fold - unlikely

i think you wer lucky(then unlucky) in that he had a hand as strong as QQ and was happy to stack off,agreed

grant it he may have been god awful and just blew up no matter what you sizing is,we saw what happened

edit: also i love my BB being raised when i have KKIt's good, isn't it

the reason i think it is bad to make it 11x cos you fold out so many hands that you beat from other players at the table, it is not HU, I was the SB, he was the BTN. Everyone else had folded, execpt the BB, who was in fairness 72/16

you also will give unneccessary info away to the rest of the table, if you had only 1100 i think you should be shoving, but when people commit over a 1/3 of their stack they don't fold often so you are making it pretty easy to play against you,sorry explain please, i committed 1/6th of my stack to the pot.

grant it in this one instance it worked out but against all the random donks out der long term this sizing will not be goodagreed - this was a donk i had a particular read on.

in red

Comment

what's the advantage of the large raise over a smaller raise?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                          Worlds Greatest Dad is a quality little movie.
                          Said it already but Robin Williams should have been nominated for best actor in that movie, he was fantastic. The film itself is very very dark though.

The pacific, looks like it will be as good as BOB, has to be a good thing. I wonder will they ever make one from a german pov ? I for one would like to see how they would carry it off, doubt it would come from mainstreem US producers though, not at the moment, cant have people sympthasing/empathasing with the enemy. Grunts are grunts, all they do is follow orders and if they win they are the good guys..."I looked at my enemy and he looked just like me."

War is a cunt.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

fcuk it. just gave the chiplead my chips. out in 40th.
                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                              what's the advantage of the large raise over a smaller raise?
                              Large raise pretty much commits him to the pot IMO.

Comment

Watching the HU game between Durrrr and Ziigmund and this hand comes up

Durrrr Q 8 10 5

Ziigmund A J 6 A

Flop 5 9 3

They both get 27k in preflop and then the stacks go in on the tflop. The graphic comes up that Durrrr is 65% fave and i thought this was wrong.

So Jessie says that 'wow durrrr is favourite' and Galfond says 'Yeah he had his fd, all his 2 pair draws and his backdoor sraight draws'

Looked it up on Cardplayer and it has Ziigmund as 69% fave. Surely that's right?
                                Last edited by Flushdraw; 16-03-10, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Durrrr Q 8 10 5

Ziigmund A J 6 A

Flop 5 9 3

They both get 27k in preflop and then the stacks go in on the tflop. The graphic comes up that Durrrr is 65% fave and i thought this was wrong.

So Jessie says that 'wow durrrr is favourite' and Galfond says 'Yeah he had his fd, all his 2 pair draws and his backdoor sraight draws'

Looked it up on Cardplayer and it has Ziigmund as 69% fave. Surely that's right?
                                  I thought it came up on the turn when the 5 fell?

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                    I thought it came up on the turn when the 5 fell?
                                    Nah Sky+ is great :-) It was on the flop. I also ran it through with the 5 turn and that puts Durrrr at 80% fave.

Sickos tho playing the game out as 3k/9k blind game

Comment

in red
                                      for the effective stacks you are commiting a 3rd of your stack

Comment

Nah Sky+ is great :-) It was on the flop. I also ran it through with the 5 turn and that puts Durrrr at 80% fave.

Sickos tho playing the game out as 3k/9k blind game
                                        Yeah just ran it, obv misplaced the equity against Durrr. Some interesting hands on there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd
                                          Quality hand between Durrrr and Ivey in latest ep of high stakes poker.
                                          Yeah saw this and did everyone in the HSP thread. No HSP spoilers in here are the rules so can you delete this for everyone that hasnt seen it yet imo

Comment

Durrrr Q 8 10 5

Ziigmund A J 6 A

Flop 5 9 3

I'd say if Ziig doesn't have the flush draw it'll be about those odds, they prob just did the equity calc wrong or displayed the board wrong.

i.e. Jh instead of Js in Zig's hand

Comment

Durrrr Q 8 10 5

Ziigmund A J 6 A

Flop 5 9 3

the mistake is actually not the percentages i think cos ziggy doesn't have the FD, galfond says at the start of the hand that this is about as weak as aces can be no suits or connectivity

Comment

for the effective stacks you are commiting a 3rd of your stack
                                                But BB is still to play - so is it not 1 quarter my stack?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

lol 2nd time tonight, hit the nut flush only to be cased for quads on the river. lol

Comment

Yeah saw this and did everyone in the HSP thread. No HSP spoilers in here are the rules so can you delete this for everyone that hasnt seen it yet imo
                                                      alright hotshot i wasn't aware of that rule. Deleted now.

Comment

But BB is still to play - so is it not 1 quarter my stack?
                                                        look this is a minor detail he won't come in with many hands given your sizing,

do you still think you played the hand optimally?

Comment

No turning back now registered for the Cork Marathon in June.

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                                                            alright hotshot i wasn't aware of that rule. Deleted now.
                                                            hey no need to react like that, FD was just letting you aware,

CRYBA

Comment

look this is a minor detail he won't come in with many hands given your sizing,

do you still think you played the hand optimally?
                                                              Against that particualr opponent -YES.

In fairness Jason, you haven't given any explanation why you think I played this hand badly against this particular opponent. You've given numerous examples of the optimum play in A position against AN opponent but you've purposely left out specifics to the hand and players that IMO are relevant.

look this is a minor detail he won't come in with many hands given your sizing
                                                              If it's a minor detail, then why did you suggest it's relevance in an earlier post???

Making comments like:
                                                              but i wudn't be sympathetic with someone if they played the hand bad
                                                              still don't like it
                                                              are you serious? you don't know why you played the hand bad?
                                                              is a little shitty considering that you're not an expert in MTT's and IMO, you're posting here like you think you are.
                                                              FFS man - read the posts before you reply

Comment

Originally posted by PaddyPowerPoker View Post
                                                                Sooooo...who likes overlays? I think I can guarantee two: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...2&postcount=41
                                                                Finished 2nd *only one seat

last hand
                                                                All in preflop with A3 Vs KJ
                                                                i hit 3 on flop he hit J on turn

made a mistake when i had 3/4 chips HU
                                                                checked an A on flop to get him to bet, he checked back,
                                                                im sure he would have stayed anyhu as he had flush and straight draw (he hit the flush)
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 16-03-10, 01:30. Reason: *

Comment

Look he was just sayin the way you played the hand is going to lose you value in the long run - any other hand he is more than likely folding - i'm actually kinda happy that he sucked out on you now that you going mad.

Comment

Large raise pretty much commits him to the pot IMO.
                                                                    you've three streets left to do that. irrespective of whether he's a donk or not with such a raise you narrow the range he calls/plays back with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                      Look he was just sayin the way you played the hand is going to lose you value in the long run - any other hand he is more than likely folding - i'm actually kinda happy that he sucked out on you now that you going mad.
                                                                      bite me

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                        you've three streets left to do that. irrespective of whether he's a donk or not with such a raise you narrow the range he calls/plays back with.
                                                                        And you can bit me too/...........

FFS, I'm sick of this sh1t, FWIW you can Ban me for a week. I've a pain in my bollix with all you pro poker playing cnuts.

SEe you in a week. Donks

Comment

The nutcase described is not folding too many hands to a raise this size. They call these hoping to hit alot as they think 'cos i mite gets his chips if i hit'. He isn't doing this alot, just against some who is playing crazy, like when people open their range a little against someone on tilt. I don't like x11 but it isn't that crazy and is not the worst thing to do in these tournys imo.

lol at your pathetic dig, made me smile.

Comment

do i know you personally? just wondering cos your the first person to call me by my first name Jason

and on a sidenote, i did given you a reason why i didn't like it, and so have others,

life is too short to be throwing tantrums come on now

Sidenote: i never once said i was an expert MTT player but you don't have to be an expert to know the basics
                                                                            Last edited by DrJFF; 16-03-10, 01:33.

Comment

I've run bad all nite. I really thought i had this fecker banged.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 22 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

BB (t4530)
                                                                              UTG (t5350)
                                                                              MP (t5060)
                                                                              CO (t5100)
                                                                              Button (t3390)
                                                                              Hero (SB) (t6650)

Hero's M: 221.67

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
                                                                              3 folds, Button bets t100, Hero raises to t1100, 1 fold, Button raises to t3390 (All-In), Hero calls t2290

Flop: (t6800) J, 5, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t6800) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t6800) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t6800

Results:
                                                                              Button had Q, Q (straight, Queen high).
                                                                              Hero had K, K (one pair, Kings).
                                                                              Outcome: Button won t6800
                                                                              lets look at the hand - ther is a player left behind you to act - he could have 77/88 you've lost value from him for starters.

Yes the button may well call off 95% of the time, but that doesn't make it the right play.

I don't know where my dig was CHD - he was going off at DRJFF and i was just pointed out that he was givin him advice -

Comment

do i know you personally? just wondering cos your the first person to call me by my first name Jason

and on a sidenote, i did given you a reason why i didn't like it, and so have others,

life is too short to be throwing tantrums come on now

Sidenote: i never once said i was an expert MTT player but you don't have to be an expert to know the basics
                                                                                You don't act like a expert but do come across like you are talking down to people sometimes imo, most of the time you are right though so meh.

Hands posted in BBV should never my dissected imo, if you want opinions there is a forum for that poker lark.

Comment

lets look at the hand - ther is a player left behind you to act - he could have 77/88 you've lost value from him for starters.

Yes the button may well call off 95% of the time, but that doesn't make it the right play.

I don't know where my dig was CHD - he was going off at DRJFF and i was just pointed out that he was givin him advice -
                                                                                  If he wanted the hand dissected im sure he would have put in the hh theory section. He gave a valid enough reason to raise bigger. I dont really like it but i definetly understand it. You dont always have to take the standard 3x raise line.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                                                                                    This is a dig

Originally posted by Ace
                                                                                    i'm actually kinda happy that he sucked out on you now that you going mad.
                                                                                    Bad one too, but funnyish.

EDIT - I have also seen the superstar that is 72over overbet kinda like this a few times, it is not that bad a thing to do. If he does it we all should

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                      You don't act like a expert but do come across like you are talking down to people sometimes imo, most of the time you are right though so meh.

Hands posted in BBV should never my dissected imo, if you want opinions there is a forum for that poker lark.

i do not intend to come across that way, i did state that in an earlier post that it was in here so who i am to judge but he asked i answered, he lashed out i called the rape hotline

Comment

I don't know you personally but unlike others playing on stars I do my homework....
                                                                                        and on a sidenote, i did given you a reason why i didn't like it, and so have others
                                                                                        ahem...
                                                                                        the reason i think it is bad to make it 11x cos you fold out so many hands that you beat from other players at the table, it is not HU
                                                                                        There was only the BB to get by - and he was 76/16 or something like that - so Happy Days

Oh and BTW I know the basics.

Comment

i do not intend to come across that way, i did state that in an earlier post that it was in here so who i am to judge but he asked i answered, he lashed out i called the rape hotline
                                                                                          I know you don't mean it. I only got involved cause I felt Ace was talking nonsense. Newbie quoted you and asked opinions and is obv drunk so is going defensive. Wouldn't blame you having a go at him (either will he tomorrow), just letting ya know how ya come across at times

It is really annoying when you post a beat and people jump on you though for bad play. He should have ignored and others should but out unless aksed, like me so I am off to post one liners and smilies elsewhere.

Comment

Funny Shit when he is trying to rap!

End to end video platform for media & enterprises. Live streaming, video hosting, transcoding, monetization, distribution & delivery services for businesses.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              I know you don't mean it. I only got involved cause I felt Ace was talking nonsense. Newbie quoted you and asked opinions and is obv drunk so is going defensive. Wouldn't blame you having a go at him (either will he tomorrow), just letting ya know how ya come across at times

It is really annoying when you post a beat and people jump on you though for bad play. He should have ignored and others should but out unless aksed, like me so I am off to post one liners and smilies elsewhere.
                                                                                              CHD IMO...

It's all an illusion

Comment

Calm down folks...

There isn't a hard and fast rule on HH's in the BBV but the general way we work it in here is if someone posts a hand discuss it away, but they didn't post it to have a detailed discussion on it, if someone thinks it could be played differently/better feel free to tell them, but don't labour the point and just let it pass if you disagree...

This is the BBV and not the Theory forum, in the latter, thick skins are needed as they have asked for advice on their hands/play, in here people have only posted a hand for interest and general chat.

Can everyone just get on from here without the need for further action??

Can I have a group hug??
                                                                                                Last edited by Ste05; 16-03-10, 01:55.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                    Calm down folks...

There isn't a hard and fast rule on HH's in the BBV but the general way we work it in here is if someone posts a hand discuss it away, but they didn't post it to have a detailed discussion on it, if someone thinks it could be played feel free to tell them, but don't labour the point.

This is the BBV and not the Theory forum, in the latter thick skins are needed as they have asked for advice on their hands/play, in here people have only posted a hand for interest and general chat.

Can everyone just get on from here without the need for further action??

Can I have a group hug??
                                                                                                    he asked for my opinion on it only reason i gave it,

i'm down for a group hug

Comment

Web cuddle ftw

Comment

i;d kinda prefer a 6max or something for rollz tbh

Comment

ok ok.

White wine + whisky = grrrrr

Comment

Ya ye pussies, less of this fighting
                                                                                                            more feeling sorry for me, missing out on a IO seat in the $10 sat tonight

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                                                              CHD IMO...

Ugh, I take it all back. Newbie ya donk.

Comment

Ship the main event ticket for the Voodoo main event this weekend, picked it up in tonights €10 rebuy!

Comment

and me, running like god to the final 40 in the 2170 runner freeroll then imploding!

group hugz? i prefer PLs option, more old school BBV.
                                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

and me, for finally busting my rakebackless FTP account..

What to do with the FTPs?

Comment

<param name="movie" value="http://www.online-stopwatch.com/online-countdown.swf"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="menu" value="true"><embed width="400" height="220" src="http://www.online-stopwatch.com/online-countdown.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
                                                                                                                      <br>
                                                                                                                      <b><font size='2' color='#000000'>Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: <a title="Online Stopwatch" href="http://www.online-stopwatch.com">Online Stopwatch</a></font></b>
                                                                                                                      Last edited by newbie2; 16-03-10, 03:02.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                                        and me, for finally busting my rakebackless FTP account..

What to do with the FTPs?
                                                                                                                        how many you got?

Comment

1300 or so.

Just shy of being able to afford a baseball cap!

My brother's account has rakeback, so not sure if I'm gonna bother reloading my own account..

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X