This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

every time BK posts anti Keane stuff i get more convinced he is trolling :P

sure he misses chances , the more recent ones are down to him not getting regular play with spurs, he still has scored more than any other Irish player in the last year for Ireland 5 to longs 3. Long is looking like a fantastic player and i'm sure he will be plying his trade in the premiership next season. For someone so small he wins alot of ball when he shouldn't and is not afraid to take on players. His scoring record for reading is quality and as he has proved in cup games he can score against the big teams. He looks like a great replacement for keane but it will be after the euro's at the earliest before any change in the order up front.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      uninteresting cricket.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        Robbie keane has 46 goals in 105 games - strike rate 0.44

David healy has 35 goals in 75 games - strike rate 0.47

People who use the Raul example to classify Robbie keane must also accept that Healy is a better International striker than both Raul and Keane
        David Nugent 1 goal in 1 game for England - strike rate 1.00

Enough said

Comment

Robbie keane has 46 goals in 105 games - strike rate 0.44

David healy has 35 goals in 75 games - strike rate 0.47

People who use the Raul example to classify Robbie keane must also accept that Healy is a better International striker than both Raul and Keane
          This is a false statistic for one simple reason, Healy has never played a match in a competitive tournament and, consequently, never scored a goal there.

The standard of competition is an important factor here.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Mystery Foot pain has spread to ankle and anchilles tendon.
            Have been popping nurofen plus and tramil but still no joy
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              you need proper anti-inflammatories imo

Comment

foot gasket imo

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                  David Nugent 1 goal in 1 game for England - strike rate 1.00

Enough said
                  sample size too small - minimum 50 games required imo

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  This is a false statistic for one simple reason, Healy has never played a match in a competitive tournament and, consequently, never scored a goal there.

The standard of competition is an important factor here.
                  I agree the standard of competition is important but also the standard of support must be taken into consideration. Keane has better team mates at his disposal so will be presented with more chances

I was simply stating that if Internationally;

Keane > Raul

then

Healy > Keane

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    can't help you there, our IT setup is in London so that's how I'm managing to get TMS

Would be some story if Tendulkar could get his 100th 100 today
                    He's used up three lives already!
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

sample size too small - minimum 50 games required imo

I agree the standard of competition is important but also the standard of support must be taken into consideration. Keane has better team mates at his disposal so will be presented with more chances

I was simply stating that if Internationally;

Keane > Raul

then

Healy > Keane
                      Ok I'll try again Ali Daei 1 goal at a world cup yet 109 goals for Iran in 149 games.
                      So he is better than Raul/Healy/Keane by your logic yes?

Comment

Lingfield e/w yankee

2.00 Bold Diva 7/2
                        2.30 Sabusa 20/1
                        3.00 Black Baccara 6/1
                        3.30 Frequency 15/8

Again, follow at your peril.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          He's used up three lives already!
                          99/1 off the first 15, great start

Mohali seems to be a runs ground though so 300 is probably only about par

Comment

hi
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Ok I'll try again Ali Daei 1 goal at a world cup yet 109 goals for Iran in 149 games.
                              So he is better than Raul/Healy/Keane by the logic people use to defend robbie keane yes?

yes

Comment

So he is better than Raul/Healy/Keane by your logic yes?
                                I don't think there's any doubt. This man is obviously a goalscoring God among men.

Let us all hail Ali Daei

Comment

I didnt say he was a better player my point is his record is competing with the record of a player of rauls abilty. Keane has also scored over 120 goals in the premership. no Irish player is near this.

I think long is getting better and has improved immensly much like Doyle since his move from Ireland. However he has so far yet to prove himself in the Premership. His record before this year for reading was not good. This season he has scored more than his previous three put together.

Doyle is a different kinda player a warrior and battler aiming to win headers and hold up the ball linking with midfield, any goals he scores are a bonus in an ireland shirt.

Long and keane will play next couple of games with Doyle being Injured maybe Long will grab his chance but it will not be at expense of Keane.

To rubbish a player like Keane is just silly. Have you solutions to him not playing cause when he wont play we will miss him.

Comment

yes
                                    Ugh...

Look, this whole argument is a false one. I can spot a straw man when I see one and this is the Wurzel Gummage of straw men.

You irrationally dislike Robbie Keane and, despite the fact that he is a proven goalscorer for Ireland at this level and in spite of the fact that he is our record goalscorer by a HUGE margin you do nothing but rant about how bad he is.

To do so is nothing short of trolling nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                      I wonder if a day of terrible posting would destroy the Howard Finkel meme forever....
                                      Just so you know, the idea that the Finkel account was a character exists solely in your own mind to protect your ego from the realisation that you're a world class spanner.

Comment

get yourself a biting stick and a hacksaw.
                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Tendulkar has to get a hundred now

next wicket is very important

edit; dropped again!
                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 30-03-11, 10:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                            spoiling limitless the movie

SPOILER
                                            its billed in trailers with the "dont think i dont own you line" which i believed would have a lot of the most powerful man in the world against the most clever . . . this didnt materialize as he said it to him in the last 2 mins of the video . . .

The problem with the drug, he didnt solve it, he just maintained taking it. Are we to believe that the others died because they didnt keep taking it?

If de niro bought the company who made it, surely they can re-produce it? Why does it have to be him who is on it (cooper)

Isnt the gf a bit of a bitch, only with him when he is on the drug . . .

There are alot of issues not answered, and it could have been a bit more of a dramatic ending than just (get me another tablet i need it -----------> skip forward --------> problem solved)

also, seeing his amazing brain at work in a little more detail to show us the 4 digit IQ (like seeing it compared to other brains and properly impress us) would have been brilliant viewing also

i still enjoyed it - but when the imdb votes level out it will probably only get 6.8 or something
                                            As I said I thought it was decent wasn't as big a fan of it as I thought I would be.

SPOILER
                                            I will give you the trailer thing I really don't like when they fuck about with them.
                                            I wouldn't see why its a reasonable assumption to make if you don't take it you could die, I think it would be safe to think that he had solved it and had refined it as he said, at the end it jumps forward however many months and he still seems to be good I highly doubt that he would of been able to keep it up with what the had left.

He could turn down De Niro because he did have a supply and didn't need his backing, obviously it doesn't have to be him on it but it's handy to a man like De Niro to have somebody like him on it already and in the position he is in Senator and probably on his way to becoming President somebody very good to have on your side so he thinks he could of blackmailed him.

As for the girlfriend bitches be crazy!

I was just glad to see he didn't turn "good" after all the fucked up shit that went on and continued on his merry way.

Things I really liked about it was I thought it looked very slick I really liked the whole moving into one image moving into another the way the character spoke I thought the dialogue was excellent, big fan of Bradley Cooper and thought he was very good in it. It was what it was for me

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                            Anyone else watching The Event? Top quality series imo
                                            Looks like its more than likely gonna be cancelled.

Originally posted by HowardFinkel View Post
                                            sweet insomnia. given up any pretence of even trying to sleep now.

On the Limetless thing TD totally agree with waht Semibluff said. The film that was billed in the trailer is not what happened at all in the cinema. I thought it was all a bit pointless in the end which kind of ruined the start of the film which had some sort of potential to it. De Niro should stop doing films
                                            Happens loads with trailers and it really bugs me at times! But after the fact I still enjoyed it.

Thought De Niro was ok.
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

My barber compared me to Paul Galvin.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                Just so you know, the idea that the Finkel account was a character exists solely in your own mind to protect your ego from the realisation that you're a world class spanner.
                                                Cracking insult, but sadly you directed it at one of the clones.

Comment

Where is this play I am meant to press.
                                                  Nothing is happening.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the whole Finkel thing just isn't funny?

Comment

Ugh...

Look, this whole argument is a false one. I can spot a straw man when I see one and this is the Wurzel Gummage of straw men.

You irrationally dislike Robbie Keane and, despite the fact that he is a proven goalscorer for Ireland at this level and in spite of the fact that he is our record goalscorer by a HUGE margin you do nothing but rant about how bad he is.

To do so is nothing short of trolling nonsense.
                                                      Damn I should have known a legal type would spot the straw man approach

My dislike for Robbie Keane is not irrational though. He does so many things to irk me. Plus if he was as good as everyone here seems to think he is he wouldnt be constantly shipped from one club to the next - or his "boyhood clubs" as he likes to call them

Comment

Yeah wtf BubbleKing this is the drooliest of drool in terms of tripe. I have the pleasure of sitting beside two redtop worshipping gobshites for Ireland games who continually shout abuse at Robbie Keane - you would get on well with them!
                                                        He is a dislikeable little moaner on the pitch but you simply can not argue with his record both internationally and at club level. Genuinly think the fact that he is from Tallaght and is succesfull with loadsalooties is the main reason so many Irish fans love to hate him.

Comment

Id never heard of him before IPB so I just assumed I would never get it

Comment

Damn I should have known a legal type would spot the straw man approach

My dislike for Robbie Keane is not irrational though. He does so many things to irk me. Plus if he was as good as everyone here seems to think he is he wouldnt be constantly shipped from one club to the next - or his "boyhood clubs" as he likes to call them
                                                            Yeah Anelka is bad aswell cause he moves clubs a lot. Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                              Yeah wtf BubbleKing this is the drooliest of drool in terms of tripe. I have the pleasure of sitting beside two redtop worshipping gobshites for Ireland games who continually shout abuse at Robbie Keane - you would get on well with them!
                                                              He is a dislikeable little moaner on the pitch but you simply can not argue with his record both internationally and at club level. Genuinly think the fact that he is from Tallaght and is succesfull with loadsalooties is the main reason so many Irish fans love to hate him.
                                                              The fact he is from Tallaght and that he is successful has nothing to do with why I dont like him - Id be surprised if that was the case with most Irish people tbh

Comment

+1

Comment

Someone mentioned how homoerotic the film The Eagle is. Just to stress HOW true this is. Zap it and so on and so forth. Went to see it yesterday-despite the numerous innuendos and lingering stares it is pretty watchable. Still left the cinema sheepishly,frantically hoping no-one would see me leaving-felt like a anorak wearning x rated cinema goer for sure.
                                                                  Last edited by Closed_Account; 30-03-11, 10:46.

Comment

Yeah wtf BubbleKing this is the drooliest of drool in terms of tripe.
                                                                    I enjoyed this statement.

Comment

Bubbleking whether you're being serious or trolling or a merger of both it's unbelievably retarded posting either way so give up the ghost please.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

LOTTO MILLIONAIRE postman Pat Broderick said he was “always confident of winning” and had played the same numbers every week. “I said some day they might come up and they did,” the Co Cork postman said as he delivered letters yesterday.

wp that man, stuck to his guns.
                                                                        Confidence is key.

Comment

He fixed the road imo

Broadsheet is a satirical news and popculture website from Ireland, featuring original and credited material, updated every 15 minutes from 9am to 5pm GMT.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkle View Post
                                                                            http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...293359379.html

wp that man, stuck to his guns.
                                                                            Confidence is key.
                                                                            I was in America with his daughter - not the may west looking but it may have been worth getting bet in now the way things have turned out. Hindsight is great etc etc

Comment

I thought in general the thread had got back on track to a degree until the mess last night.

I don't understand the point of having the change your name thread and from what I can see most of the regulars hate all the name changes. Can the mods please stop changing them from now on unless it is a genuine request for some reason ?

I think lots more people would have voiced problems with it much earlier only we know how much hard work you guys put into this site. The thing is I really am fucking sick of it at this stage.

Opr

Comment

cricket getting interesting

a lot on Tendulkar's shoulders now

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                  I thought in general the thread had got back on track to a degree until the mess last night.

I don't understand the point of having the change your name thread and from what I can see most of the regulars hate all the name changes. Can the mods please stop changing them from now on unless it is a genuine request for some reason ?

I think lots more people would have voiced problems with it much earlier only we know how much hard work you guys put into this site. The thing is I really am fucking sick of it at this stage.

Opr

Agreed, Kev needs to do the right thing and resign over this mayhem.

He's needs to take responsibility and stop acting like an omnipotent child.

His position has become untenable now as no one will take him seriously anymore.

GG Kev, ul

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Lingfield e/w yankee

2.00 Bold Diva 7/2
                                                                                    2.30 Sabusa 20/1
                                                                                    3.00 Black Baccara 6/1
                                                                                    3.30 Frequency 15/8

Again, follow at your peril.
                                                                                    Conor,

I wouldnt be putting such short prices in an E/W yankee. Say the 15/8 and 7/2 place you will get less than 2 euro back or something. If you want to back horses at that price I would stick to singles and doubles. Yankees are for the big score IMO

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                      Conor,

I wouldnt be putting such short prices in an E/W yankee. Say the 15/8 and 7/2 place you will get less than 2 euro back or something. If you want to back horses at that price I would stick to singles and doubles. Yankees are for the big score IMO
                                                                                      Too late, €2 e/w....getting my titties ready as we speak !
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

can I not be Howard Finkel anymore?

Comment

You'll get no argument from me opr. I don't really know who is who, so if the finkles want changed back now then pm me who you were and I'll change the name back, otherwise you'll have to wait til this evening. I'm on my phone so might not be very speedy.

Kev is just a scamp who can't help himself sometimes, the little rascal.

Comment

I see Ireland scored 2 last night without that shambles of a man Robbie Keane. Whats more we only missed one sitter as opposed to the 5 that he misses on average. Reports have also confirmed that moaning to the referee and pointing in random directions while talking in some incoherant laungage is down over 500%

If you think this man is the most over rated player ever to call himself a professional footballer then

They also lost.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                              An eight costs 50euro hitch
                                                                                              It really depends
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                Conor,

I wouldnt be putting such short prices in an E/W yankee. Say the 15/8 and 7/2 place you will get less than 2 euro back or something. If you want to back horses at that price I would stick to singles and doubles. Yankees are for poor people IMO
                                                                                                FYP

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  You'll get no argument from me opr. I don't really know who is who, so if the finkles want changed back now then pm me who you were and I'll change the name back, otherwise you'll have to wait til this evening. I'm on my phone so might not be very speedy.

Kev is just a scamp who can't help himself sometimes, the little rascal.

Comment

how many finkels have we got today?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                      tbh, I don't the there is anything worse about that burger compare to other fast food.
                                                                                                      It's similar calories to other burgers, higher protein and lower processed carbs (both good things) but higher levels fats (which wouldn't be good fats).

But all the burgers as bad as with chips and a coke the calories are way to high for anybody (with the exception of those trying to bulk up).

The double down on its own isn't the worse option. No worst than pieces of chicken (which makes the outrage in the media retarded). And i'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to try it on a cheat than soon
                                                                                                      When you're back on later, run this one by me in English i can understand

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                      I think this is what you want:

Main lobby>Menu>My Account>Playcheck>Tournament Search.

I just had a look through mine and you can find out how many rebuys you made if it was for a rebuy. Sure let me know if you can't find it and I'll give you better directions.
                                                                                                      I tried that, and i told your one on chat that i've tried that about 10 times but it shows up as tournament chips as the balance and not the buyins? When i change it to last 10 admin games, it just seems to select a handful of games. I played a few sats, some razz/omaha hi-lo and a couple of rebuys. Also used a €55 ticket to play a sat for the €320 game on saturday (which i managed to bink ) and i want to make sure that the €55 didn't come out of my account, or that i didn't rebuy/top up in error

He is a dislikeable little moaner on the pitch but you simply can not argue with his record both internationally and at club level.
                                                                                                      I sort of agree with Bubbleking, but more for the reason jbravado states. He does a lot of things that annoy the fck out of me too (apart from the fact he played for Liverpool, Leeds, West Ham and Spurs twice). Always throwing his hands in the air wanting the ball and throwing a little hissy fit when he doesn't get it. Moans like a bitch when any decision doesn't go his way and he tries to blame his missed sitters on a bad ball, a bad bounce, the sun or whatever.

He misses his fair share of easy chances, but the fact he gets in those positions and gives it 110% every game is what makes him stand out. He can be frustrating at times, but you can be sure that if he never pulled on the Irish shirt, we'd never had found a replacement that scored as many as he would. He has scored some cracking goals in his time for both club and country and i think this phrase fits him well

When he's good, he's very very good. When he's bad, he's horrid

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        you need proper anti-inflammatories imo
                                                                                                        recomendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                                                                          Agreed, Kev needs to do the right thing and resign over this mayhem.

He's needs to take responsibility and stop acting like an omnipotent child.

His position has become untenable now as no one will take him seriously anymore.

GG Kev, ul
                                                                                                          Lol ill sort when i get home later was just acting the goat last night. Richie you'll have my rresignation on your desk this evening

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            Cracking insult, but sadly you directed it at one of the clones.
                                                                                                            Makes it better imo

wrong person on purpose: Comedic level of thought = 3

wrong person by accident: Comedic level of excellence = 4

Comment

recomendations?
                                                                                                              go to the doctor

Comment

only flicked through the pages from last night as there but 2 points I want to make are

1- Robbie Keane was a great player for Ireland but is well past his best. Definitley not international class anymore. His current goal scoring is not nearly as good as his past form so saying that you think he is past it doesnt seem so crazy to me. He might get his touch back if he gets regular games at West Ham but he doesn't have it right now. He does whinge an unreal amount. I was a massive fan of Robbies for years so dont take this up wrong but like all sports keeping an over the hill player in the squad can ruin a younger players chances to adjust and develop.

2 - People should not buy 8ths from Irish dealers. Use the internet and get it delivered. Higher quality, correct weights and none of the pretend friend stuff with someone who is just your dealer.

Comment

recomendations?
                                                                                                                  it doesn't matter what I say, you need to get a prescription!

Comment

Saw Submarine yesterday, cracking little film. Was a little apprehensive of it being a bit cheesy for my taste like a lot of those coming of age comedies despite of the good reviews but it definitely lived up to the billing. The British are the masters of Comedy/drama imo. Can't wait for Ayoades next film.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 30-03-11, 11:37.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

This is insane! Tendulkar has been dropped again. 6 lives down
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tendulkar dropped yet again

Comment

Don't know if any of you are in UCD, or have family/friends there. But they announced the lineup for the UCD Ball during the week there, and there's been absolute outrage at how, well, pathetic it is. The facebook page has been constantly burnt with put downs of how shit the acts are, and some of comments are absolutely class. A lot of them fairly pathetic insults on the Ents officer, but the ones that just take apart the day have been brilliant.

****Headliners to be announced shortly****

Republic of Loose
                                                                                                                          Iyaz
                                                                                                                          Fight Like Apes
                                                                                                                          Royseven
                                                                                                                          O Emporor
                                                                                                                          Bluemoose
                                                                                                                          Fourplay
                                                                                                                          Lost in Flight
                                                                                                                          Frank Jez & Tando
                                                                                                                          Hogan
                                                                                                                          Battle of the Bands
                                                                                                                          Disco of Doom
                                                                                                                          Casette Jam
                                                                                                                          Daft Funk
                                                                                                                          Brandon Block
                                                                                                                          I-Rate Sound System
                                                                                                                          Red n'Head
                                                                                                                          Then the put downs...
                                                                                                                          Neil Diver
                                                                                                                          I've summed up the UCD Ball 2011:

Lost in Flight
                                                                                                                          O Emperor
                                                                                                                          A big wheel
                                                                                                                          ...Disco of Doom

Oxegen Bar
                                                                                                                          Fourplay

A Daft Punk tribute act
                                                                                                                          Royseven
                                                                                                                          Spin 103.8 DJs
                                                                                                                          Ents DJs

Clue: read down the side
                                                                                                                          Kenny Reynolds
                                                                                                                          Madeleine McCanns whereabouts are better known than this line-up.
                                                                                                                          Paul O'Leary
                                                                                                                          The awkward moment when the UCDBall's facebook page is better craic than the actual thing.....
                                                                                                                          Sean Ryan
                                                                                                                          you'd see a better lineup outside the dole office
                                                                                                                          Bob Maher
                                                                                                                          If i printed out this line-up on a piece of paper it wouldn't even be worth wiping my arse with.
                                                                                                                          Marcus Ó Sioradáin
                                                                                                                          A condom with a hole in it would be more useful than the Jonny we have at the moment!
                                                                                                                          (Jonny is the Ents officer)

Cillian Motherway
                                                                                                                          bit devastated Spin 1038 DJ Brian Maher has been removed from the list of acts. after hearing him for free yesterday i was looking forward to paying €40 for seeing him live.
                                                                                                                          Kevin O Donohoe
                                                                                                                          Id rather shove a pint glass up my arse than go to this
                                                                                                                          Niall McManus
                                                                                                                          I've seen Charlie Sheen put a better line up his nose.
                                                                                                                          Colm Brennan
                                                                                                                          ‎8000 tickets at €40 a piece leaves you with a budget of €320,000 from ticket sales alone....considering Republic of Loose would play for half a crate and a handjob for that homeless guy who sings with them you have to wonder what the money is being spent on!
                                                                                                                          Stephen Flattery
                                                                                                                          Id rather pare my helmet with a rusty pencil parer then give that ***** 40 bean..
                                                                                                                          Stefan Mooney
                                                                                                                          Still can't believe you got Hogan, wow, they're so Indie, you can't even find them on google, along with 90% of the Line-up.
                                                                                                                          Mark Kelly
                                                                                                                          Ents will be giving out free acid at the gates to give the illusion its a proper line up
                                                                                                                          Kieran Connolly
                                                                                                                          this is worse than when mufasa dies in the lion king

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X