Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The intro to the Uruguay anthem is class.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      Yep. And Uruguay -2 @ 9/1 for giggles as well
      Originally posted by thedini View Post
      Uruguay were 13/8 earlier in the week and represented value at that price. 6/5 is a bit short for me, away from home, friendly match, goodness knows how many sub's will be used. A few Irish players will be really trying to stake their claim for a permanent place etc etc.
      2nd bet placed on the Uruguay -2.

Those Irish players can try their little cotton socks off, they are muck, muck I tells ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        The intro to the Uruguay anthem is class.
        Might be time to do a review of national athems soon.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
          Read my mind

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            I knew someone that used to buy the Daily Express, everyday without fail for years there was Madeline or Diana on the front, followed by some sniping at Labour.

Never see the paper now, kinda curious what they write about these days.
            immigrants, Diana, europe and Labour.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

1 down, 2 to go

Comment

1 down, 2 to go
                3 to go

Comment

Great goal for Ireland.

Comment

1 down, 2 to go

Comment

I like this comment on youtube

What the fuck is he doing heading it back across the face of goal? Terrible defending
                      Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                      I don't get why any curse word is rated above another in terms of offensiveness tbh, I use cunt like any other curse word
                      Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      yep...makes no sense!
                      Cunt > Motherfucker > Cocksucker > Fuck > Wanker > Dickhead > Geebag > Tits > Shit > Piss > Diddies

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                      OMFG, this has to be the worst player in the fucking history of poker and he'll prob ship the fucking 2.2k ftw he's running so fucking hot. What a fucking nightmare. The only donkament I've played today too. Such a fucking heap of shit.
                      (next hand he does the same and ships a 1m pot calling off on a 10 high flop with KJ and binking the turn and I've just watched him get KO'd 7 hands later as I type, I'll take some happiness out of that...)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 6000/12000 Blinds 1200 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP2 (t352860)
                      MP3 (t511540)
                      CO (t435252)
                      Button (t317233)
                      SB (t802806)
                      BB (t414984)
                      UTG (t300078)
                      Hero (UTG+1) (t210653)
                      MP1 (t347594)

Hero's M: 7.31

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 10, 10
                      1 fold, Hero bets t24000, 4 folds, Button raises to t60000, 2 folds, Hero calls t36000

Flop: (t148800) 6, 4, 9 (2 players)
                      Hero checks, Button bets t60000, Hero raises to t149453 (All-In), Button calls t89453

Turn: (t447706) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t447706) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t447706

Results:
                      Button had J, A (one pair, Jacks).
                      Hero had 10, 10 (one pair, tens).
                      Outcome: Button won t447706

Ye I know, I want this call but fuck off poker!

I haven't made an FT on Stars this year so had high hopes for this with the standard being woefully below par.

/rant
                      In all fairness Caf, he can't really fold after he bets the flop. I'd just reship pre tbh

Comment

^^^^

Sorry, it's that time of the month. Perhaps a wee bit overboard. Poker gonna poker.

SPOILER
                        Do not mess with this bitch tonight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Cunt > Motherfucker > Cocksucker > Fuck > Wanker > Dickhead > Geebag > Tits > Shit > Piss > Diddies
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Nrp7cj_tM[/ame]

Comment

7-4 Uruguay final score ldo

Anyway, 2 to go...

Comment

Ugh, can't give Cavani that kind of space. Quality finish to be fair.

Comment

----------Given-----------------
                                Coleman Dunne St.Legend Clarke-
                                -Lawerance McCarthy McGeady--
                                ---------- Doyle----------------
                                ------Keane--Long-------------

Admittedly I don't really care for football (other than playing it tbh), but what do people about lining up like this? Never gonna happen with the oul Italian in charge, but could be a fun formation to go out and score goals with...

Comment

Geebag is fantastic, don't even know if it can be classified.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                      hmm, bought something that looks like a banana but isn't actually a banana. Google seems to be suggesting it might be a plantain, whatever the fck that is.
                                      They were in one of the Super Mario games.
                                      -Trivia-

Comment

Ghana HT England FT @ 22/1.

Comment

hmm, bought something that looks like a banana but isn't actually a banana. Google seems to be suggesting it might be a plantain, whatever the fck that is.
                                          First saw them in America years ago on my J1. I thought they just had some huge bananas in America that they sold very unripe.

Ah the good old innocent days, twin towers still standing, millenium bug still an imminent threat, and still we only partied like it was 1999, not knowing how it would actually be.

Comment

It's the bananas cousin according to Wiki.

You could make Plantain chips or serve it over grilled pacu imo.

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 29-03-11, 19:19.

Comment

In all fairness Caf, he can't really fold after he bets the flop. I'd just reship pre tbh
                                              Ah I understand that, just wanted to vent, as you can tell I was pretty frustrated att. Happy how I played it against this guy and would do the same again everytime, except run better next time obv. Like I said, it was the only donkament I was playing today, there was 1231 entrants, 7 hours and I had been playing against villain almost all of the way so I had a pretty good read. Live to grind another day.

Comment

Some random banana facts:

"Believe it or not Ireland is the bigest exporter of bananas in the world. Although bananas do not grow in Ireland, Fyffes (an Irish owned company) imports bananas from Columbia, Honduras, Belize and Costa Rica and then exports them throughout Europe making Ireland, as a country, the biggest exporter of bananas in the world!"

The banana plant is not a tree. It is actually the world's largest herb!
                                                Despite growing up to 6 metres tall, the “banana tree” is not a tree at all. There is no wood, but rather a tangle of layered leaves that shoot theier way skyward.
                                                The banana is so popular in Uganda that the locals eat about 250 kg each per year. In fact, the banana is so essential to their diet, that their word "matooke" means both "food" and "banana". The banana is not quite as popular elsewhere, but kids around the world like it because it's tasty, and because it's so easy to peel and devour. And they believe two things about bananas that are wrong. First, that the yellow banana is not a fruit (because it has no seeds), and second, that it comes from a tree (the banana tree).
                                                There are close to 1,000 species of banana today. Most of them are inedible - they carry hard pea-sized seeds, and have only a small amount of bad-tasting flesh. The botanists think that about 10,000 years ago, probably in South-East Asia, a random mutation produced a sterile banana with no seeds and lots of flesh that could be eaten uncooked. The internal dark lines and spots inside today's banana are the vestigial remnant of these seeds.
                                                Bananas were taken to India, where Alexander The Great saw them, and where they appear in 2,500-year-old cave paintings. Traders took them from India to East Africa, then overland to West Africa. Portuguese sailors took them to the Canary Islands, from where they got to Haiti by the 15th century. They were imported into North America shortly after European settlement, and became freely available in American fruit markets by the 19th century.
                                                Bananas first came to Australia by two separate pathways - one for the West coast, and one for the East coast.
                                                They arrived in Western Australia in the early 1800s, when Chinese workers carried some plants with them to Carnarvon directly from China.
                                                But bananas travelled to Queensland via a very convoluted pathway. In 1828, two banana plants were taken from Mauritius and hand-delivered to Lord Cavendish. He grew some bananas from them in what became the current Kew Gardens in the UK. Missionaries took some of his banana plants to the South Pacific in 1840, where they flourished. Later, a missionary called Williams took some of these bananas to Fiji. In the 1870s, Queensland sugar cane plantation owners "drafted" sugar cane cutters from Fiji, and brought back some banana plants with them. In 1891, Herman Reich used these plants to start the Coffs Harbour plantations, which, after a century or so, had gone bananas.
                                                But the edible farmed banana has no seeds. So how do we get new bananas? They take cuttings from an existing banana plant.
                                                New banana "trees" are "born" in a new location when the shoots of cuttings are planted in the ground, and take root successfully.
                                                The cycle starts with an underground stem (or vigorous root), often metres across, that can have several banana "trees" growing from it. Each of these so-called "trees" started from an underground "bud".
                                                A "bud" will push up a shoot, which breaks through the soil. The shoot is made of leaves, wrapped tightly around each other, so that it looks like a green tree trunk - even though there is no wood present. The oldest leaves are on the outside, with the newest leaves pushing upward through the middle.
                                                When the time is right, the underground stem switches from making leaves, to making an "inflorescence", which makes flowers, and subsequently, fruit. The inflorescence has a broad leaf-like structure that wraps around a hand of flowers, which ultimately turn into a hand of bananas. The final "tree" can be up to 6 metres tall, with bunches of 50-150 individual fruits or "fingers" of bananas, broken up into hands of 10-20 bananas each.
                                                Once that particular underground bud has grown an inflorescence, it cannot reset itself to growing leaves, and ultimately, another "trunk". It has done its dash. So that bud and trunk will die and wither away. But in the next summer, other buds appear on the underground stem, and so the cycle continues.
                                                So bananas are definitely a fruit, even though the fruit is sterile and has no seeds.
                                                And the banana hand does not grow on a tree. It grows on a plant. But it's not a tree, because it's made from leaves, not true woody tissue.
                                                So even though the banana has a phallic shape, it is a sterile and mutant fruit that has not had sex for 10,000 years.

Comment

Cool Bananas

Comment

i did not know that

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      Some random banana facts:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPc0S2D1-UA&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Bananas are radioactive.

FACT.
                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

1 to go

Comment

One more.

Comment

do most people not eat bananas upside down?

Comment

Jaysus this Hernandez guy is pretty useful. Ireland a shambles at the back though.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Collie and any other bikers.

Anyways, from what i have been reading i need to do an induction to biking, 16 hours mandatory training and will then be limited in what i drive for the first 2 years after getting a full licence.

I don't want to spend too much, 3k all in, insurance, newbie with no experience on bikes is coming in around the 450-500 mark with Quinn, this is on a Honda bros, riding course also ~ 500 so that leaves about 2k on a bike, I know the gear will be another cost but that will be just an extra.

So, advice ? What would be a good starter bike ? Am i mad ? Any recommendations on schools in the munster/limerick area for the course ?
                                                                  For starters, don't look on training as something you have to do just because of the law, it really is very important and will reduce your chances of having accidents. I was quite the latecomer to bikes, and remember spending over £1k on lessons before getting my first bike for £2.4k ( late 1990's). This was back when you could just apply for a license, and buy a 1300cc Hayabusa, if you could afford it and the insurance

The bros you mentioned would be a good starter alright, especially as it wouldn't have to be restricted. Unfortunately, they stopped making them around 1993, so it's very difficult to find a clean example ( also because they were so popular with couriers, running them into the ground)

So maybe a Honda CB500, Suzuki GS 500, or Honda CB400 superfour would suit. Any of them would need to be restricted
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                    Bananas are radioactive.

FACT.
                                                                    Pretty shit as weapons tho

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkPWMaNaIM[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                        ----------Given-----------------
                                                                        Coleman Dunne St.Legend Clarke-
                                                                        -Lawerance McCarthy McGeady--
                                                                        ---------- Doyle----------------
                                                                        ------Keane--Long-------------

Admittedly I don't really care for football (other than playing it tbh), but what do people about lining up like this? Never gonna happen with the oul Italian in charge, but could be a fun formation to go out and score goals with...
                                                                        No width and Doyle is useless in the hole. Midfield would be hopped off.

Comment

Its actually hilarious that RTE defaults to Real Player for streaming audio....Its not fucking 1999.

Comment

That finish by Cavani was sick in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                              Doing that Canada thing if I ever get my arse in gear and fill out the paperwork. I do plan to fart about in Vegas, Thailand and India. The plan is to enter Canada on the 30th December
                                                                              plans for india yet? areas to go to? ive been there myself few years ago

remix a few of them and you could have some floor fillers
                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

There is a Nigerian girl in my class and she uses plantains in cooking all the time. Seemingly they are meant to be lovely. She had a pic on Facebook of a meal she cooked using them. Spicy dish and it looked fab!
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Its actually hilarious that RTE defaults to Real Player for streaming audio....Its not fucking 1999.
                                                                                  But imagine the parties if it was...

Comment

Commentary is so lol

"I'm not so sure it was a penalty haha but i'm sure the Irish boys will take it"

What the fuck game is he watching!

Comment

That was a really solid penalty

Comment

...

Comment

is hold'em manager supported on paddypower/ipoker?

Can't get HUD displayed.
                                                                                          NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Commentary is so lol

"I'm not so sure it was a penalty haha but i'm sure the Irish boys will take it"

What the fuck game is he watching!
                                                                                            Ray gonna Ray.

If he can doubt, moan, naysay or otherwise bring a downer to proceedings you can bet he will.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                                is hold'em manager supported on paddypower/ipoker?

Can't get HUD displayed.
                                                                                                ya i get it, ur hands shd be in c-drive-poker-paddypower

Comment

Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets cost €1.95 at the end of last year. The price increased to €2.05 in the middle of January and then fell to €1.99 as part of the promotion. The product now costs 6 cent more than it did the beginning of the year.
                                                                                                  Good maths in this bit.

Comment

* ahem * pics or GTFO (no seriously, please post the pic!)

.....

The Ugandans eat 250kg of bananas every year?! That's about five bananas a day, and if you forget about them for a day you have to eat ten the next day if you want to keep up the average. Quite a bit of pressure there really.
                                                                                                    I can't post pic as I'm in bed now on iPhone. Soo tired!!
                                                                                                    Google pics !
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                      I can't post pic as I'm in bed now on iPhone. Soo tired!!
                                                                                                      Google pics !
                                                                                                      You not going to mountme,lick tonight Michelle?

Comment

KEOGH! NOT FUCKING KEY-HOE fuck you sky sports.

Comment

Saw an article a few days ago about Supervalu opening some new branches, one in Mountmylick, thought of MSN.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                            KEOGH! NOT FUCKING KEY-HOE fuck you sky sports.
                                                                                                            I hope they stop passing it near him just so I can stop getting tilted.

Saw an article a few days ago about Supervalu opening some new branches, one in Mountmylick, thought of MSN.
                                                                                                            cute

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                              I hope they stop passing it near him just so I can stop getting tilted.
                                                                                                              sub him and Fahy please

Comment

well, at leas Fahey is off now.

Comment

Shay Who?

Westwood has been great over the two games I've watched so far.

Comment

Beat: Can't get a stream for the Ireland match in work so I'm stuck watching England.

Edit: Cool stat from the ITV commentators. Tickets for this match were all £20 apart from a few premium seats at £40 each. It was sold out two weeks ago.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 29-03-11, 20:21.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                      Beat: Can't get a stream for the Ireland match in work so I'm stuck watching England.

Edit: Cool stat from the ITV commentators. Tickets for this match were all £20 apart from a few premium seats at £40 each. It was sold out two weeks ago.
                                                                                                                      Stream 2 showing it - http://www.kiwii.co.uk/

Opr

Comment

Comment

great pic of hitler house tbf

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X