This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

So I just started watching The Wire. It better justify the hype.
      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
        See you in 3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
          I'm at the other side, just finished it. It justifies it imo, but I didn't think it would. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
            Working my way thru the final season of FNL
            I really must get around to watching this. It seems to be held in high regard around these parts.

I've only seen the very first episode.

Comment

Looking at laptops there: seems its between a high end lenovo or maybe dell alienware? HP have some good reviews too though.

EDIT: Not sure I wanna go down the Mac route, since it would involve using windows virtual machine or w/e, just a load of hassle
              Last edited by cardshark202; 28-03-11, 19:22.

Comment

Jesus.

Sorry if this has been posted.

Rolling Stone pics of The Yank soldiers and dead taliban / civilians

SPOILER

Comment

Feck, just read those Paul Merson autobiography extracts - what a degen! He must be like a hero-figure to some of the hard living types among us I don't really have that kind of addictive personality, but it must be a real curse, not having any control like that.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                    Looking at laptops there: seems its between a high end lenovo or maybe dell alienware? HP have some good reviews too though.
                    Most people say that those Alienware laptops are a bit of a rip-off, for what it's worth...I'd go for a high-end Dell Studio myself. Unless you are planning to use your laptop as a replacement desktop gaming machine, there isn't much point splashing out more than €1,000 IMHO, and Alienware machines have been designed as gaming laptops IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      Most people say that those Alienware laptops are a bit of a rip-off, for what it's worth...I'd go for a high-end Dell Studio myself. Unless you are planning to use your laptop as a replacement desktop gaming machine, there isn't much point splashing out more than €1,000 IMHO, and Alienware machines have been designed as gaming laptops IIRC.
                      Yeah I don't really play much games at all, but for some reason I like the option. I wanted a gaming type laptop cos they usually have the best graphics card, etc..

Willing to spend up to 2.5k on a laptop should it be worth it.

Comment

Keane, PM re waffle thread discussion...
                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                          Is the Merson Auto B already out?
                          Officially it's this Thursday. I can't wait to read it!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                            Jesus.

Sorry if this has been posted.

Rolling Stone pics of The Yank soldiers and dead taliban / civilians

SPOILER
                            Made me sick
                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Decided to play the season ending Irish Pool Championships this weekend having not played for most of the year and draw the defending champion in the opening match on Friday night

FML

Comment

EDIT: Not sure I wanna go down the Mac route, since it would involve using windows virtual machine or w/e, just a load of hassle
                                Yeah I don't really play much games at all, but for some reason I like the option. I wanted a gaming type laptop cos they usually have the best graphics card, etc..

What would the virtual machine be for? If you are willing to spend that kind of cash on a machine I would really consider the new Macbook Pro's get the 15" and put 8 gigs of ram in the thing for the laugh

Yeah a little tricky to get the hang of when switching but pretty swish machines.
                                Last edited by tylerdurden94; 28-03-11, 20:08.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Bit of a favour please folks.

Click the link below and like the page, then click the photo of Prince Wills and Kate and "Like" Lorna Markeys comment. Cheers

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

What a video this on 720p full screen

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzJSbxjVVjk[/ame]

=

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                      What would the virtual machine be for? If you are willing to spend that kind of cash on a machine I would really consider the new Macbook Pro's get the 15" and put 8 gigs of ram in the thing for the laugh

Yeah a little tricky to get the hang of when switching but pretty swish machines.
                                      Playing poker I'd imagine since not all sites are Mac compatible I'd say. That and the other poker software he already owns and db's etc.

Comment

Gotta get it back up onto the main page

She does it for me. Yes sir.
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                          Bit of a favour please folks.

Click the link below and like the page, then click the photo of Prince Wills and Kate and "Like" Lorna Markeys comment. Cheers

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...601765&theater

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                            She does it for me. Yes sir.
                                            She's definitely attractive but, honestly, doesn't do a lot for me. First proper BBV fail for me.
                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Playing poker I'd imagine since not all sites are Mac compatible I'd say. That and the other poker software he already owns and db's etc.
                                              I know Full Tilt and PokerStars have Mac compatible version's have used the PokerStars one as for others I'm not sure. PokerTracker works on Mac.

Gotta work through a few bits but running/dual booting a 2nd OS wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                She's definitely attractive but, honestly, doesn't do a lot for me. First proper BBV fail for me.
                                                Woah Woah Woah

Comment

The big argument for getting a Lenovo is their build quality and durability. They are very sturdy and reliable - so for a man who does a bit of travelling and uses it to make money it seems a good way to go.

The Alienware have amazing, super sexy specs - but they aren't furnished to the same basic standard.

In any case, when you're paying that much, whatever you end up with will be pretty awesome!
                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I know Full Tilt and PokerStars have Mac compatible version's have used the PokerStars one as for others I'm not sure. PokerTracker works on Mac.

Gotta work through a few bits but running/dual booting a 2nd OS wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
                                                    Come on Danny! If you're going to be using a laptop for stuff that is predominantly PC based in terms of compatibility, how can you recommend a MAC with bootcamp or whatever as the best option! Zealots I tell you. Zealots!

Comment

That gif isn't great at all. This more than makes up for it:

What a video this on 720p full screen

Alison Brie video portrait by Tyler Shields

Probably best to leave the sound down on this one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUKeXoYmZFk&NR=1[/ame]
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                        Come on Danny! If you're going to be using a laptop for stuff that is predominantly PC based in terms of compatibility, how can you recommend a MAC with bootcamp or whatever as the best option! Zealots I tell you. Zealots!
                                                        That's why I asked what he is going to be using the virtual machine for boss. Far from a Zealot.

From what I know of Reggie reading his post's the last few years he doesn't seem to doing anything too crazy computer wise to warrant not looking into them.

Obviously there is gonna be bits that you cant use but for most other stuff there is Mac equivalents. You say for Lenovo one of their plus points is "their build quality and durability. They are very sturdy and reliable" Apple have that in absolute abundance for their laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                          I have to write ae 5000 word essay on a taxation topic of my choice. Anybody here have any ideas on a good topic?
                                                          Thinking of picking tax avoidance / taxation of higher income earners, and comparing how Ireland deals with it to other jurisdictions..not sure there'd be enough there for 5000 words though
                                                          Governments got it easier to collect taxes with the shift from direct income tax assessment and once a year tax payment in the 1960s (5th April year end) to continuous taxation through PAYE and VAT. Afair the ferries were full of people skipping the country before the end of the tax year back then. PAYE introduced 1959, VAT 1972.

Governments also get it easier with stealth taxes - increased tax take by erosion of tax credits with wage inflation and inflation proofing of tax take by taxes that rise with prices - VAT. Smoothing of tax revenues by PAYE (monthly) and VAT (bi-monthly), also brings forward the inflow into the exchequer. And they widen the net by spreading taxation to all goods and services with VAT.

Another help to government is increased taxation of labour by PRSI (paid by employer and employee), health levy, social levies.

And parties in power can use tax changes to buy votes. The shift in taxation from married couples to single people by Fianna Fail and Haughey is an example. (Haughey double tax allowances and tax bands to married couples even if only one spouse is working, unique afaik to Ireland). This was another example of taxing the lower paid. Single people (one vote and unlikley to vote) are likely to be younger and lower paid. Two votes better than one.

Governments can also use tax allowances to encourage action by workers / taxpayers e.g. greatly increased limits for pension contributions. The possibility of avoiding tax by paying a large cheque into your pension at the end of the year increasing your pension fund and denying the country tax revenue. This allows higher paid with greater disposable income further tax advantages. It also might ease the pension burden on the state if people fund their own pensions. (I remember higher earners in the mid-1970s paying 77% tax rate and afaik not having the pension / tax break to alleviate the bite.)

The effect of these tax rules / allowances is an increase in the burden on the lower paid.

Your subject might be a comparison of the %GDP spend by European countries and where they get the taxes to pay for it. Do high spend countries use VAT or do they use PAYE? What % is taken in takes from the paypacket in each country?
                                                          Of course some countries spend from borrowing.

It might be of interest to compare the employee tax benefits / charges unique to each country.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                            Decided to play the season ending Irish Pool Championships this weekend having not played for most of the year and draw the defending champion in the opening match on Friday night

FML
                                                            Will your match be streamed?
                                                            I remember Flushdraw had a link of his brother playing a 1/4 final or something of an Irish Pool Championship.
                                                            Would be fun to cheer you on.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              I remember Flushdraw had a link of his brother playing a 1/4 final or something of an Irish Pool Championship.
                                                              +1

And does any online betting emphorium have the matches priced up?

Comment

What's with Merson and his lager tops? Has anyone ever had one? Just a beer with a little lemonade on top apparently. Frankly I don't know how he could call himself an alcoholic while drinking that.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                  That gif isn't great at all. This more than makes up for it:

Probably best to leave the sound down on this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUKeXoYmZFk&NR=1
                                                                  She just looks like a less slutty Katy Perry to me. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                    +1

And does any online betting emphorium have the matches priced up?
                                                                    Defo no streaming that early and the only betting will be from an onsite group

Comment

Call yourself smart you know nothing you spanner

Comment

Call yourself smart you know nothing you spanner
                                                                        I genuinely thought your head might explode when you read my last post

Comment

That's why I asked what he is going to be using the virtual machine for boss. Far from a Zealot.

From what I know of Reggie reading his post's the last few years he doesn't seem to doing anything too crazy computer wise to warrant not looking into them.

Obviously there is gonna be bits that you cant use but for most other stuff there is Mac equivalents. You say for Lenovo one of their plus points is "their build quality and durability. They are very sturdy and reliable" Apple have that in absolute abundance for their laptops.
                                                                          From my viewpoint, mac's are a bit of hassle for me, I don't want to run dual boot systems, I want everything in one.
                                                                          I also might start playing games on my new laptop, who knows.
                                                                          So I want a pretty powerful laptop, preferably with a 17" screen as I'm used to that now and its pretty important for multitabling with my extra monitor.

Comment

Having watched all 44 episodes of Community over the last 2 weeks may have influenced my image of her somewhat ( though glad I had to google, and then wiki Katy Perry )

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              I'm thinking the guy out of Due Date and The Hangover to play you

The Rigger would have to play himself

for CHD, Joe Pesci obviously
                                                                              I'll take that as a compliment.

I thought the guy out of the hangover was CHD, have to adjust now.
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I genuinely thought your head might explode when you read my last post
                                                                                Was at the ban screen

From my viewpoint, mac's are a bit of hassle for me, I don't want to run dual boot systems, I want everything in one.
                                                                                I also might start playing games on my new laptop, who knows.
                                                                                So I want a pretty powerful laptop, preferably with a 17" screen as I'm used to that now and its pretty important for multitabling with my extra monitor.
                                                                                Cool beans man, well if you do make your selections throw them up here and I'm sure myself and some of the other lads will be able to give you a run down if they are decent systems, hopefully you pick up something sweet.

Comment

This site has some fantastic pool matches on it

http://www.cuesport.tv/

Thinking of giving the blackball rules a go at some stage, far more attacking than world rules, no 2 shots carry is too big an advantage for players imo
                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Are those kill team photos even making more of a ripple in the media?
                                                                                    Amazing how stories such as it have become so super standard, army sure attracks some amount of sociopaths.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Johj5WEYzZo[/ame]

Comment

It's what a platoon out of 100k+ american troops deployed overseas?

Comment

Nice

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6BKhvhSehc[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                            Are those kill team photos even making more of a ripple in the media?
                                                                                            Amazing how stories such as it have become so super standard, army sure attracks some amount of sociopaths.
                                                                                            Your post is the first I heard of them. Rolling Stone slideshow
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Didn't realise Sickpuppy was a hot american chick
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

And in homage to the last episode of Californication (so far)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkdmL3iMCY[/ame]

Obviously not completely live ( no lead guitar), pretty, pretty, pretty good, nevertheless
                                                                                                Last edited by ComradeCollie; 28-03-11, 22:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Hordes is a great name for the waves of the fuckers though in fairness.

Please dont mention my name again or your old balls will be roofed into your stomach courtesy of my boot
                                                                                                  Tony aka fat old know it all prik whos quiet as a mouse in person
                                                                                                  but has the balls of a Zulu warrior on the internet obviously garned from his extensive travels through africa

Comment

Your post is the first I heard of them. Rolling Stone slideshow
                                                                                                    Think someone linked to the rolling stone thing here. 17/18 is nuts, severed head. :-/

Comment

1.46: Aaawww...... Ching chong, ting tong, ling long......Aaaww.

Had to laugh. Ignorant hoe.
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                        Hordes is a great name for the waves of the fuckers though in fairness.

Please dont mention my name again or your old balls will be roofed into your stomach courtesy of my boot
                                                                                                        Tony aka fat old know it all prik whos quiet as a mouse in person
                                                                                                        but has the balls of a Zulu warrior on the internet obviously garned from his extensive travels through africa
                                                                                                        Lads, leave this shit outside and don't be ruining the bbv for everyone ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                          1.46: Aaawww...... Ching chong, ting tong, ling long......Aaaww.

Had to laugh. Ignorant hoe.
                                                                                                          I enjoyed her description of her "typing away, getting all my politics and stuff down"

Comment

Deleted so I don't get in trouble

Comment

At least she has good manners though.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                Deleted so I don't get in trouble
                                                                                                                Dont worry Cillian was ahrdly offensive unless using apu was somehow racist?

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                                  Dont worry Cillian was ahrdly offensive unless using apu was somehow racist?
                                                                                                                  Don't care what you think buddy, I find your twisted views fun. 5star giving out was my worry.

Comment

Another great night in the BBV coming, what the fuck is wrong with some of you lately?

@Zod, I really think you were a bit of a prick to Michelle. If that had been me you posted to I would have gave you some verbal bashing back.

If you have a problem with Michelle, put her on ignore. If you had to say something you could have used a bit of tact.

The way some of you treat the woman here would put us off posting.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_oV0qd_IY[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        Another great night in the BBV coming, what the fuck is wrong with some of you lately?

@Zod, I really think you were a bit of a prick to Michelle. If that had been me you posted to I would have gave you some verbal bashing back.

If you have a problem with Michelle, put her on ignore. If you had to say something you could have used a bit of tact.

The way some of you treat the woman here would put us off posting.
                                                                                                                        It's got nothing to do with her gender imo
                                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

The hour less in bed does strange things to some people.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X