So I just started watching The Wire. It better justify the hype.

See you in 3 weeks

I'm at the other side, just finished it. It justifies it imo, but I didn't think it would. Enjoy.

Working my way thru the final season of FNL
            I really must get around to watching this. It seems to be held in high regard around these parts.

I've only seen the very first episode.

Looking at laptops there: seems its between a high end lenovo or maybe dell alienware? HP have some good reviews too though.

EDIT: Not sure I wanna go down the Mac route, since it would involve using windows virtual machine or w/e, just a load of hassle
              Last edited by cardshark202; 28-03-11, 19:22.

Jesus.

Sorry if this has been posted.

Rolling Stone pics of The Yank soldiers and dead taliban / civilians

Feck, just read those Paul Merson autobiography extracts - what a degen! He must be like a hero-figure to some of the hard living types among us I don't really have that kind of addictive personality, but it must be a real curse, not having any control like that.

Looking at laptops there: seems its between a high end lenovo or maybe dell alienware? HP have some good reviews too though.
                    Most people say that those Alienware laptops are a bit of a rip-off, for what it's worth...I'd go for a high-end Dell Studio myself. Unless you are planning to use your laptop as a replacement desktop gaming machine, there isn't much point splashing out more than €1,000 IMHO, and Alienware machines have been designed as gaming laptops IIRC.

Yeah I don't really play much games at all, but for some reason I like the option. I wanted a gaming type laptop cos they usually have the best graphics card, etc..

Willing to spend up to 2.5k on a laptop should it be worth it.

Keane, PM re waffle thread discussion...

Is the Merson Auto B already out?
                          Officially it's this Thursday. I can't wait to read it!

Jesus.

Sorry if this has been posted.

Rolling Stone pics of The Yank soldiers and dead taliban / civilians

Made me sick

Decided to play the season ending Irish Pool Championships this weekend having not played for most of the year and draw the defending champion in the opening match on Friday night

EDIT: Not sure I wanna go down the Mac route, since it would involve using windows virtual machine or w/e, just a load of hassle
                                Yeah I don't really play much games at all, but for some reason I like the option. I wanted a gaming type laptop cos they usually have the best graphics card, etc..

What would the virtual machine be for? If you are willing to spend that kind of cash on a machine I would really consider the new Macbook Pro's get the 15" and put 8 gigs of ram in the thing for the laugh

Yeah a little tricky to get the hang of when switching but pretty swish machines.
                                Last edited by tylerdurden94; 28-03-11, 20:08.

Bit of a favour please folks.

Click the link below and like the page, then click the photo of Prince Wills and Kate and "Like" Lorna Markeys comment. Cheers

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

What a video this on 720p full screen

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzJSbxjVVjk[/ame]

=

What would the virtual machine be for? If you are willing to spend that kind of cash on a machine I would really consider the new Macbook Pro's get the 15" and put 8 gigs of ram in the thing for the laugh

Yeah a little tricky to get the hang of when switching but pretty swish machines.
                                      Playing poker I'd imagine since not all sites are Mac compatible I'd say. That and the other poker software he already owns and db's etc.

Gotta get it back up onto the main page

She does it for me. Yes sir.

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                          Bit of a favour please folks.

Click the link below and like the page, then click the photo of Prince Wills and Kate and "Like" Lorna Markeys comment. Cheers

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...601765&theater

She does it for me. Yes sir.
                                            She's definitely attractive but, honestly, doesn't do a lot for me. First proper BBV fail for me.

Playing poker I'd imagine since not all sites are Mac compatible I'd say. That and the other poker software he already owns and db's etc.
                                              I know Full Tilt and PokerStars have Mac compatible version's have used the PokerStars one as for others I'm not sure. PokerTracker works on Mac.

Gotta work through a few bits but running/dual booting a 2nd OS wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

She's definitely attractive but, honestly, doesn't do a lot for me. First proper BBV fail for me.
                                                Woah Woah Woah

The big argument for getting a Lenovo is their build quality and durability. They are very sturdy and reliable - so for a man who does a bit of travelling and uses it to make money it seems a good way to go.

The Alienware have amazing, super sexy specs - but they aren't furnished to the same basic standard.

In any case, when you're paying that much, whatever you end up with will be pretty awesome!

I know Full Tilt and PokerStars have Mac compatible version's have used the PokerStars one as for others I'm not sure. PokerTracker works on Mac.

Gotta work through a few bits but running/dual booting a 2nd OS wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
                                                    Come on Danny! If you're going to be using a laptop for stuff that is predominantly PC based in terms of compatibility, how can you recommend a MAC with bootcamp or whatever as the best option! Zealots I tell you. Zealots!

That gif isn't great at all. This more than makes up for it:

What a video this on 720p full screen

Alison Brie video portrait by Tyler Shields

Probably best to leave the sound down on this one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUKeXoYmZFk&NR=1[/ame]

Come on Danny! If you're going to be using a laptop for stuff that is predominantly PC based in terms of compatibility, how can you recommend a MAC with bootcamp or whatever as the best option! Zealots I tell you. Zealots!
                                                        That's why I asked what he is going to be using the virtual machine for boss. Far from a Zealot.

From what I know of Reggie reading his post's the last few years he doesn't seem to doing anything too crazy computer wise to warrant not looking into them.

Obviously there is gonna be bits that you cant use but for most other stuff there is Mac equivalents. You say for Lenovo one of their plus points is "their build quality and durability. They are very sturdy and reliable" Apple have that in absolute abundance for their laptops.

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                          I have to write ae 5000 word essay on a taxation topic of my choice. Anybody here have any ideas on a good topic?
                                                          Thinking of picking tax avoidance / taxation of higher income earners, and comparing how Ireland deals with it to other jurisdictions..not sure there'd be enough there for 5000 words though
                                                          Governments got it easier to collect taxes with the shift from direct income tax assessment and once a year tax payment in the 1960s (5th April year end) to continuous taxation through PAYE and VAT. Afair the ferries were full of people skipping the country before the end of the tax year back then. PAYE introduced 1959, VAT 1972.

Governments also get it easier with stealth taxes - increased tax take by erosion of tax credits with wage inflation and inflation proofing of tax take by taxes that rise with prices - VAT. Smoothing of tax revenues by PAYE (monthly) and VAT (bi-monthly), also brings forward the inflow into the exchequer. And they widen the net by spreading taxation to all goods and services with VAT.

Another help to government is increased taxation of labour by PRSI (paid by employer and employee), health levy, social levies.

And parties in power can use tax changes to buy votes. The shift in taxation from married couples to single people by Fianna Fail and Haughey is an example. (Haughey double tax allowances and tax bands to married couples even if only one spouse is working, unique afaik to Ireland). This was another example of taxing the lower paid. Single people (one vote and unlikley to vote) are likely to be younger and lower paid. Two votes better than one.

Governments can also use tax allowances to encourage action by workers / taxpayers e.g. greatly increased limits for pension contributions. The possibility of avoiding tax by paying a large cheque into your pension at the end of the year increasing your pension fund and denying the country tax revenue. This allows higher paid with greater disposable income further tax advantages. It also might ease the pension burden on the state if people fund their own pensions. (I remember higher earners in the mid-1970s paying 77% tax rate and afaik not having the pension / tax break to alleviate the bite.)

The effect of these tax rules / allowances is an increase in the burden on the lower paid.

Your subject might be a comparison of the %GDP spend by European countries and where they get the taxes to pay for it. Do high spend countries use VAT or do they use PAYE? What % is taken in takes from the paypacket in each country?
                                                          Of course some countries spend from borrowing.

It might be of interest to compare the employee tax benefits / charges unique to each country.

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                            Decided to play the season ending Irish Pool Championships this weekend having not played for most of the year and draw the defending champion in the opening match on Friday night

Will your match be streamed?
                                                            I remember Flushdraw had a link of his brother playing a 1/4 final or something of an Irish Pool Championship.
                                                            Would be fun to cheer you on.

I remember Flushdraw had a link of his brother playing a 1/4 final or something of an Irish Pool Championship.

And does any online betting emphorium have the matches priced up?

What's with Merson and his lager tops? Has anyone ever had one? Just a beer with a little lemonade on top apparently. Frankly I don't know how he could call himself an alcoholic while drinking that.

That gif isn't great at all. This more than makes up for it:

Probably best to leave the sound down on this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUKeXoYmZFk&NR=1
                                                                  She just looks like a less slutty Katy Perry to me. Sorry.

And does any online betting emphorium have the matches priced up?
                                                                    Defo no streaming that early and the only betting will be from an onsite group

Call yourself smart you know nothing you spanner

I genuinely thought your head might explode when you read my last post

That's why I asked what he is going to be using the virtual machine for boss. Far from a Zealot.

From what I know of Reggie reading his post's the last few years he doesn't seem to doing anything too crazy computer wise to warrant not looking into them.

Obviously there is gonna be bits that you cant use but for most other stuff there is Mac equivalents. You say for Lenovo one of their plus points is "their build quality and durability. They are very sturdy and reliable" Apple have that in absolute abundance for their laptops.
                                                                          From my viewpoint, mac's are a bit of hassle for me, I don't want to run dual boot systems, I want everything in one.
                                                                          I also might start playing games on my new laptop, who knows.
                                                                          So I want a pretty powerful laptop, preferably with a 17" screen as I'm used to that now and its pretty important for multitabling with my extra monitor.

Having watched all 44 episodes of Community over the last 2 weeks may have influenced my image of her somewhat ( though glad I had to google, and then wiki Katy Perry )

I'm thinking the guy out of Due Date and The Hangover to play you

The Rigger would have to play himself

for CHD, Joe Pesci obviously
                                                                              I'll take that as a compliment.

I thought the guy out of the hangover was CHD, have to adjust now.

I genuinely thought your head might explode when you read my last post
                                                                                Was at the ban screen

From my viewpoint, mac's are a bit of hassle for me, I don't want to run dual boot systems, I want everything in one.
                                                                                I also might start playing games on my new laptop, who knows.
                                                                                So I want a pretty powerful laptop, preferably with a 17" screen as I'm used to that now and its pretty important for multitabling with my extra monitor.
                                                                                Cool beans man, well if you do make your selections throw them up here and I'm sure myself and some of the other lads will be able to give you a run down if they are decent systems, hopefully you pick up something sweet.

This site has some fantastic pool matches on it

http://www.cuesport.tv/

Thinking of giving the blackball rules a go at some stage, far more attacking than world rules, no 2 shots carry is too big an advantage for players imo

Are those kill team photos even making more of a ripple in the media?
                                                                                    Amazing how stories such as it have become so super standard, army sure attracks some amount of sociopaths.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Johj5WEYzZo[/ame]

It's what a platoon out of 100k+ american troops deployed overseas?

Nice

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6BKhvhSehc[/ame]

Are those kill team photos even making more of a ripple in the media?
                                                                                            Amazing how stories such as it have become so super standard, army sure attracks some amount of sociopaths.
                                                                                            Your post is the first I heard of them. Rolling Stone slideshow

Didn't realise Sickpuppy was a hot american chick

And in homage to the last episode of Californication (so far)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkdmL3iMCY[/ame]

Obviously not completely live ( no lead guitar), pretty, pretty, pretty good, nevertheless
                                                                                                Last edited by ComradeCollie; 28-03-11, 22:10.

Hordes is a great name for the waves of the fuckers though in fairness.

Please dont mention my name again or your old balls will be roofed into your stomach courtesy of my boot
                                                                                                  Tony aka fat old know it all prik whos quiet as a mouse in person
                                                                                                  but has the balls of a Zulu warrior on the internet obviously garned from his extensive travels through africa

Your post is the first I heard of them. Rolling Stone slideshow
                                                                                                    Think someone linked to the rolling stone thing here. 17/18 is nuts, severed head. :-/

1.46: Aaawww...... Ching chong, ting tong, ling long......Aaaww.

Had to laugh. Ignorant hoe.

Hordes is a great name for the waves of the fuckers though in fairness.

Please dont mention my name again or your old balls will be roofed into your stomach courtesy of my boot
                                                                                                        Tony aka fat old know it all prik whos quiet as a mouse in person
                                                                                                        but has the balls of a Zulu warrior on the internet obviously garned from his extensive travels through africa
                                                                                                        Lads, leave this shit outside and don't be ruining the bbv for everyone ffs.

1.46: Aaawww...... Ching chong, ting tong, ling long......Aaaww.

Had to laugh. Ignorant hoe.
                                                                                                          I enjoyed her description of her "typing away, getting all my politics and stuff down"

Deleted so I don't get in trouble

At least she has good manners though.

Deleted so I don't get in trouble
                                                                                                                Dont worry Cillian was ahrdly offensive unless using apu was somehow racist?

Don't care what you think buddy, I find your twisted views fun. 5star giving out was my worry.

Another great night in the BBV coming, what the fuck is wrong with some of you lately?

@Zod, I really think you were a bit of a prick to Michelle. If that had been me you posted to I would have gave you some verbal bashing back.

If you have a problem with Michelle, put her on ignore. If you had to say something you could have used a bit of tact.

The way some of you treat the woman here would put us off posting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_oV0qd_IY[/ame]

Another great night in the BBV coming, what the fuck is wrong with some of you lately?

@Zod, I really think you were a bit of a prick to Michelle. If that had been me you posted to I would have gave you some verbal bashing back.

If you have a problem with Michelle, put her on ignore. If you had to say something you could have used a bit of tact.

The way some of you treat the woman here would put us off posting.
                                                                                                                        It's got nothing to do with her gender imo

The hour less in bed does strange things to some people.