This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
    Move up to where they respect your raises imo.
    defo.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Going to first AFL match this weekend.

St. Kilda (and Tommy Walsh) vrs. Richmond.

Should be a bit of craic for a Friday night. Melbourne Rebels then at their next home game versus Highlanders in the Super Rugby. Melbournes some spot for cheap live sport.

As Keane said, TR when you get a chance.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      Great walk up Three Rock from near Marley Park earlier today. Best things in life are free etc. Used to be great as a kid when we lived in Kilmacanogue, nicely nestled between the two Sugarloafs.

On a totally different topic, interesting article by James Surowiecki (The Wisdom of Crowds) on the economics of the earthquake in Japan:

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financ...alk_surowiecki
      Where did you start from Hitch, always meaning to do it. Is it out the back of the 3 Rock pub of further up the road?

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
        Has anybody got a good general practice solicitor in Dublin they would recommend? Also looking for recommendations for a good independent financial advisor.

Drop me a PM please
        Bump for the working stiffs, Saturday morning/afternoon was never going to be the right time to post this!

tyty
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
          And it's the morning.

Michelle, if you really think I was going to take out losses at poker on you or on my cat you need a lesson in not taking everything so literally.

Every weekend you get the wrong end of the stick with someone. Yes, every weekend. I opened the thread last night and find once again you going over the top over kayroo using QED. What's most annoying is that you have a pop at people almost pretending to be smart by using "big words" unlike "normal people".

That tilts me, and I make no apology or excuse for my reply.
          Oh for god sake the way you are going on you would think that I was losing the plot every single weekend.
          I dont think I went over the top at all on the QED matter and im sure Kayroo will vouch for that. if anything it was a bit of fun!

And I certainly dont go around the site having a pop at people , what a load of rubbish.
          I just happen to have a strong personality , im not a mad, insulting person at all.

Sorry you feel that way about me but dont make me out to be a bad person please!
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Im so tired just won my first mtt online in ages for a mighty 750$ happy days ship ship was only 4$ in.
            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Bump for the working stiffs, Saturday morning/afternoon was never going to be the right time to post this!

tyty
              send 40Something a PM imo
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                Im so tired just won my first mtt online in ages for a mighty 750$ happy days ship ship was only 4$ in.
                any odds?

I had a weird dream last night on creating a worldwide phenomenon Cool Beans Meme.
                I'm not going to go into the details but it was such a cool dream I may attempt it.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  any odds?

I had a weird dream last night on creating a worldwide phenomenon Cool Beans Meme.
                  I'm not going to go into the details but it was such a cool dream I may attempt it.
                  I'm having lots of dreams of being persecuted relentlessly by faceless enemies

odds on which one of our dreams gets turned into a feature-length movie first?

Comment

Public auction of repossessed houses on April 15th, max reserve is still too high.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                      Public auction of repossessed houses on April 15th, max reserve is still too high.

http://www.daft.ie/allsopspace/
                      this would be an ideal place location-wise

Luas on the door, close enough to city, close enough to M50, schools, shops, decent pub down the road

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        I'm having lots of dreams of being persecuted relentlessly by faceless enemies

odds on which one of our dreams gets turned into a feature-length movie first?
                        feature length is so restricting.
                        My dream could easily be a 25 mins short or a weekly serial depending on impact
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Luas on the door, close enough to city, close enough to M50, schools, shops, decent pub down the road
                          400K is a ridiculous price though

Comment

You live there?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                              Would it be reasonable to jump into season 2 after watching only a couple of episodes from the first season?

I've read here it got alot better alright but didn't want to sit through anymore of the gash.
                              I wouldn't advise it because it does pick up a bit towards the end and there is always something thrown in that will pop up later and you won't have a notion of what is going on.

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                              Danny, if you don't get it you don't get it
                              Ugh spanner

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                              qq: if money wasn't an object, whats the best laptop on the market atm?
                              I am gonna go with a Macbook pretty much awesome, some Toshiba probably and Lenovo as Lloyd linked.
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

You live there?
                                no, I'm a Nortsoider

Comment

400K is a ridiculous price though
                                  +1 and the house probably needs 100k of work I'm guessing.

I know those houses quite well though, usually have nice big gardens too.

You could do a lot worse

Comment

I have the answer to all our "monthly" problems.

Michelle, download this little app to your iphone and add some sort of ticker to your sig here just so we know

Comment

feature length is so restricting.
                                      My dream could easily be a 25 mins short or a weekly serial depending on impact
                                      I'm thinking the guy out of Due Date and The Hangover to play you

The Rigger would have to play himself

for CHD, Joe Pesci obviously

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJpP7ZId-mc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                          I have the answer to all our "monthly" problems.

Michelle, download this little app to your iphone and add some sort of ticker to your sig here just so we know

Flushdraw logged into wrong account again.

Comment

+1 and the house probably needs 100k of work I'm guessing.

I know those houses quite well though, usually have nice big gardens too.

You could do a lot worse
                                            Find Property For Sale in Ireland from all leading estate agents on the largest property listing site in Ireland.

bargain imo

Comment

bargain imo
                                              why?

it's an average house in a relatively bad area (as far as services and proximity to jobs) are concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                Being smart doesn't make you special and not knowing something doesn't make you normal.
                                                NH, WP
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ah I think the street view may not be accurate.
                                                  Still though 130k (max) is pretty good for a 4 bed house, depending on location. I'm not sure it is the shithole
                                                  you think it is.
                                                  house price at 3.5 X avg wage is how it should be imo.

resident assoc as well
                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 28-03-11, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                    Flushdraw logged into wrong account again.
                                                    Do any of you know when the painters are about to visit me? thought not and neither does Tony. I am pretty lucky that I don't get too bad with PMS
                                                    Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 28-03-11, 10:36.

Comment

It will probably go for €200+

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                        I requested my stats from Stars last night and was shocked when I looked at the MTT / STT totals from each year, the numbers didn't come close to what I had recorded myself...I began to wonder was I seriously deluding myself and subconsciously recording wins when they should be losses!

Turns out that any sats / Steps you've played are not recorded as wins (I'm guessing the system records your payout as a token and doesn't assign a value to it), so if you play any amount of these (I played a good few of Steps in 2008 / 2009 and turned a small profit overall by booking a $1,500 runner-up prize in a WSOP Step 6; likewise I've always played tons of sats, unregging for T$ when I bink a seat, so the totals I got from Stars missed out on many 0000s of wins) your stats will be way off. I imagine that someone like Doke, with his awesome sat results, would get a report with massive losses because of this peculiarity in Stars reporting.
                                                        Interesting. I wonder if that's the thinking behind P5's decision not to include sats in their rankings. Pretty silly by Stars if it's a deliberate policy.

OPR records sats and is generally pretty accurate (although like all the tracking sites it misses tourneys too).

I don't keep exact records myself because OPR/PokerProLabs/Sharkscope tend to be close enough for what I need to work out what games are profitable for me and as far as the bottom line goes I can work out how much I actually made in a month or year by adding cashouts in the period to increase in overall bankroll.
                                                        My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

You have no idea how much stress I went through just to get my code right to be able to do this at a whim.

Also, my laptop is having a panic attack every time I go to run simulations, what can I do to give it more juice?

Comment

Ah I think the street view may not be accurate.
                                                            Still though 130k (max) is pretty good for a 4 bed house, depending on location. I'm not sure it is the shithole
                                                            you think it is.
                                                            house price at 3.5 X avg wage is how it should be imo.
                                                            yes, but what will the 'average wage' be in 5 years time?

I don't know if the house itself is a shithole, I'm just saying it doesn't represent great 'value' and if I had 130k to invest (which I do), I wouldn't even consider this

Comment

I don't know if the house itself is a shithole, I'm just saying it doesn't represent great 'value' and if I had 130k to invest (which I do), I wouldn't even consider this
                                                              solid brag

Comment

I know I'm a week late but I think Ben Dunne's defence to the Moriarty findings was pretty excellent

Comment

Friday Night Lights Season 1 dropped in the door there a few minutes ago

Comment

BBV offer:

I have one of those vouchers from city deal for a 2 course meal for 2 at "le cafe des irlandais" including a glass of prosecco.

A few people on here have been and said it was fine.

Unfortunately i just realised the deal ends on the 31st march, and i won't be able to make it. seems a shame to waste it, so if anybody wants it, let me know. it was originally bought for 32euros (value of the voucher is 71euros), and i'll sell it on for 16euros.

Comment

Nice brag

You should regale us with some stories from your trip.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                        BBV offer:

I have one of those vouchers from city deal for a 2 course meal for 2 at "le cafe des irlandais" including a glass of prosecco.

A few people on here have been and said it was fine.

Unfortunately i just realised the deal ends on the 31st march, and i won't be able to make it. seems a shame to waste it, so if anybody wants it, let me know. it was originally bought for 32euros (value of the voucher is 71euros), and i'll sell it on for 16euros.
                                                                        Wow - that's a great deal for €16 to be fair; I used the voucher and it is a fair deal at €32 as well! Pity I can't go this week, going out to Milanos in Dundrum with a few friends tomorrow (yes, 'high dining' is what you are all thinking! ) and looking forward to it actually, I really like their super-thin base pizzas. We're using up our Tesco Clubcard vouchers too so probably won't have to put the hand in the pocket unless we order wine.

Comment

http://www.daft.ie/allsopspace/
                                                                          There are a couple of interesting possibilities in the list, depending on what you're looking for/at.

For eg there are four apartments in a complex in Portlaoise, guide price 35k each. At present they all have sitting tenants on one year lease for 5.8k.

Also a couple of potential commercial investment properties - e.g. a hairdressers in crumlin, guide 120k, yearly rent on 20 (i think) year lease of 51k - although if you read the legal documents, the rent currently being paid is 30k. If you could buy for around the guide price, and keep the tenant, 30k a year would quicly clear the 120k asking.

Ditto for a couple of chemist shops in places like Roscrea, Abbeyfeale, Bettystown etc.

On the house prices, in the main I think the Dublin prices are still too high, all the more so when you consider the Central Bank commentary last week that residential property may still have up to another 50% to fall from 2010 averages.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

PM me for a once in a lifetime investment opportunity, my sisters husbands cousins brother-in-law died suddenly in Kenya and we just need to get the fees together to release the funds he left behind

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                Nice brag
                                                                                not really, I still owe more than that! cash-rich, asset-poor imo (and the first bit might be about to change). Was more to illustrate that I look at investments from the POV of someone who might realistically contemplate them rather than the 95% of people who say 'oooh, that's cheap' without having any rational basis for the statement or indeed any ability to make an investment.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                You should regale us with some stories from your trip.
                                                                                it was a holiday with a pregant wife, my mother-in-law and two small kids -----> no stories. Nice weather, good food.

There was a casino close by but they charged an entry fee and had a ridiculous dress code so I didn't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                                                                                  Interesting. I wonder if that's the thinking behind P5's decision not to include sats in their rankings. Pretty silly by Stars if it's a deliberate policy.

OPR records sats and is generally pretty accurate (although like all the tracking sites it misses tourneys too).

I don't keep exact records myself because OPR/PokerProLabs/Sharkscope tend to be close enough for what I need to work out what games are profitable for me and as far as the bottom line goes I can work out how much I actually made in a month or year by adding cashouts in the period to increase in overall bankroll.
                                                                                  Yeah, OPR is good but it seems to miss out on a lot of tournaments with smaller fields; I play a lot of sats with less than 30 runners and it misses loads of them, most notably for me a $109 sat into a $800 tournie and two Sunday Million turbo rebuy sats I played one day in November / December, each of these had about 25 runners or so, I binked the tickets in these but OPR never caught the tournie details. On the other side of the coin, Pokerprolabs seem to catch all of these smaller tournies (so my results on that site are closer to my own records than OPR) but also misses out on other MTTs for whatever reason. Sharkscope have a different set of results as well, they all miss various tournaments and so are imperfect unfortunately.

I'm still using an Excel spreadsheet for recording my results that I modified from one provided by Hectorjelly back in the day, but updating it while I play is a bit time-consuming, wouldn't want to try it 16-tabling turbo STTs or anything, you'd never be able to keep track!

Comment

PM me for a once in a lifetime investment opportunity, my sisters husbands cousins brother-in-law died suddenly in Kenya and we just need to get the fees together to release the funds he left behind
                                                                                    I was actually looking quite seriously at buying a game lodge in Zimbabwe believe it or not. Was put off by the cost of restocking it (poachers had killed most the herds) and then defending the stock from poachers.

US$75k for a huge lodge and the sale was with with someone I've known for years. Very close to pulling the trigger on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                      Has a bad case of the horrors last night. Whats the best way to cure it immediately? A bottle?
                                                                                      run around the block, make yourself sick when you get home, cold shower, smoothie and you are sorted

Comment

...

Comment

... pregnant wife ...
                                                                                          Congrats and GL
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This would be my ideal house, can't find anything in Dun Laoghaire with the beach as my back garden. Some price differences between the areas

Find Detached Houses for Sale in Sutton, Dublin. Search 16 Detached Houses for sale on Daft.ie now.

Find Property For Sale in Ireland from all leading estate agents on the largest property listing site in Ireland.

Comment

You never got a chance to do your yearly predictions this year RDIII.

Time to give it a bash imo. Unemployment rate, possibility of a new bailout, what'll happen in Spain and Italy, will the Euro survive etc etc etc.
                                                                                              Give us 10 predictions.

Comment

I was actually looking quite seriously at buying a game lodge in Zimbabwe believe it or not. Was put off by the cost of restocking it (poachers had killed most the herds) and then defending the stock from poachers.

US$75k for a huge lodge and the sale was with with someone I've known for years. Very close to pulling the trigger on that one.
                                                                                                That would really appeal to me as well, I can see the temptation. Could easily end up as a bottomless pit though, no doubt you made the right decision.

With chaos comes opportunity, if you're willing to stick your neck out for it that is. For people like us it's putting a huge chunk of your net worth on the line as opposed to those who already have millions and can afford a few failures along the way.

I think on the whole I'm probably too cautious to take full advantage of the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  You never got a chance to do your yearly predictions this year RDIII.

Time to give it a bash imo. Unemployment rate, possibility of a new bailout, what'll happen in Spain and Italy, will the Euro survive etc etc etc.
                                                                                                  Give us 10 predictions.
                                                                                                  can I not just bask in the glory of the previous years efforts?

making predictions for Ireland seems kind of pointless now

Comment

not really, I still owe more than that! cash-rich, asset-poor imo (and the first bit might be about to change). Was more to illustrate that I look at investments from the POV of someone who might realistically contemplate them rather than the 95% of people who say 'oooh, that's cheap' without having any rational basis for the statement or indeed any ability to make an investment.

it was a holiday with a pregant wife, my mother-in-law and two small kids -----> no stories. Nice weather, good food.

There was a casino close by but they charged an entry fee and had a ridiculous dress code so I didn't bother.
                                                                                                    Cash liquid baby!!!

Cant remember if you announced that you were expecting before and if you did it seems to have slipped my mind so will say congratulations

Sounds like a terrible holiday

Now that is a story

Comment

I don't know a single Ethan.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                        I don't know a single Ethan.
                                                                                                        They are most commonly 6 years old, might be why.
                                                                                                        Probably most commonly American, for the moment. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                          three couples I know have named their kids Ethan, seems to be a bit of a craze for it atm

Comment

...

Comment

The way people choose names is just weird.
                                                                                                              It should be randomised or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                Excellent; I'll take that if it's still available, will pm
                                                                                                                it's yours PM sent.

Comment

The way people choose names is just weird.
                                                                                                                  It should be randomised or something.
                                                                                                                  Did you ever get that crate of beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                    Did you ever get that crate of beer?
                                                                                                                    Yes, I sent you a pm a week or so ago of a baby drinking a few bottles of it.

Comment

apparently I'm most commonly 82.

Excellent

Comment

That would really appeal to me as well, I can see the temptation. Could easily end up as a bottomless pit though, no doubt you made the right decision.
                                                                                                                        It probably would have required living out there for a few years to get the place properly set up and functioning as a business once again. If I could have got it back to anywhere close to what it had been before Mugabe went bananas then it would have made me a milionaire a few times over imo. The restocking project was just too dicey and the absence of functioning government to protect my investment (primarily from poachers) tipped me against it. Sad really. Anyone who lived in Zim pre-2000 (and especially pre-UDI) speak of it as being heaven on earth.

Africa is the place to be for people like us (i.e. without massive amounts of capital), if you have a few quid in the bank and a willingness to take risks and work hard, the sky is the limit rewards-wise. Of course, you may just get your ass shot off instead!

Comment

went to the o2 last night with my 12yrold daughter to see taylor swift, it was her first concert and tbh i can't say i was looking foward to it. but anyway i decided that i would go as she will be starting secondry school in sept and soon enough i will be classed as majorly uncool and she will not want to be seen dead with me so this was probably going to be my only oppurtunity for the next 20 yrs to do something with her.
                                                                                                                          the excitement was unbearable for her and sure enough we were there on the dot at 6:30 despite my telling her that the concert wouldn't be starting til about 9 so for the sake of a quite life i just went along with what ever she wanted to do.
                                                                                                                          anyhow there was music blaring away while we were waiting for the act to start and next thing on comes that song i shake my hair back and forth and the whole place started shaking their hair back and forth. little did the parents know at the time but there was a 40yrold pervert in their midst looking around to see if this moment was being recreated anywhere in the crowd
                                                                                                                          SPOILER

tickets 34.20 ea.
                                                                                                                          coffee stop in petrol station on the way up 7.10
                                                                                                                          car park at the red cow 4
                                                                                                                          luas 8.50
                                                                                                                          meal in restaurant 48.35
                                                                                                                          taylor swift memrobila 30
                                                                                                                          coffee stop in petrol station on the way down 8
                                                                                                                          happiness of daughter....... priceless
                                                                                                                          for everything else there is some sort of magic plastic card type thingy

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X