Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Scotland you get arrested if you don't leave when the fire alarm goes off...

Its illegal to ignore a fire alarm.

Fuckin spas

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
      reminds me of the tommy tiernan joke about the fire alarm in the bar in germany . . . anyone any better luck on searching the joke?
      This one ?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdvJGsZFxM[/ame]

Opr

Comment

reminds me of the tommy tiernan joke about the fire alarm in the bar in germany . . . anyone any better luck on searching the joke?
        SNAP
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          In Scotland you get arrested if you don't leave when the fire alarm goes off...

Its illegal to ignore a fire alarm.

Fuckin spas
          Ehem I was born in Scotland!!!!
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdvJGsZFxM[/ame]

id say you looked real hard alright

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
              Ehem I was born in Scotland!!!!
              QED

Comment

Do the chinese poker games ever run on ipoker? Would like to try big 2 on there.

Comment

Yeah I didnt bother leaving the shower. They all come back into changing rooms about 10 mins later.

'False alarm'. OBVIOUSLY. I think if there was a fire... I would have seen it. Plus I was in a shower, perfectly safe.

All I get from the gym rats is "Fawkin Oirish"
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    QED
                    Explain!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                      Explain!
                      +1 im googling at the mo!!
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

+1 im googling at the mo!!
                        How can you google what Kayroo is saying QED for? I just hope he has a good explanation lol

Comment

Explain!
                          Quod erat demonstrandum.

It means what was to be demonstrated. Commonly used in maths at the end of a proof to show you have proven your point.

Used here for comic effect.

Comment

It is a Latin phrase, Quod erat demonstrandum, which means "That which has to be proved has been shown proven." It is used at the end of theorems in geometry, where proofs are given, ending with QED!

Totally lost now
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

down 10 buy ins playing 1c2c this is fucking ridiculous.
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Quod erat demonstrandum.

It means what was to be demonstrated. Commonly used in maths at the end of a proof to show you have proven your point.

What has that got to do with me being born in Scotland?
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Give me some fking credit Keith! I know what it means. I just was saying how does that explain it

You do know where I am from...

Comment

It is a Latin phrase, Quod erat demonstrandum, which means "That which has to be proved has been shown proven." It is used at the end of theorems in geometry, where proofs are given, ending with QED!

Totally lost now
                                    There is a certain beauty to this post.

I was slagging you a little is all Michelle, just a little teasing.

Comment

How can you google what Kayroo is saying QED for? I just hope he has a good explanation lol
                                      i just googled what does QED stand for and it returns loads of results!
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Give me some fking credit Keith! I know what it means. I just was saying how does that explain it

You do know where I am from...
                                        Sorry Gill, I do know where you're from.

Jeez it was just a joke.

Comment

We must have another Latin Day soon. Maybe after Lent so Icarus can join in.

Comment

There is a certain beauty to this post.

I was slagging you a little is all Michelle, just a little teasing.
                                            im not giving out, not even mad, just dont get it, where is the beauty in it?
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Sorry Gill, I do know where you're from.

Jeez it was just a joke.
                                              I know lol! I knew what QED stood for from the beginning and was having a bit of fun. Bit of a fail there for us both

Comment

I know lol! I knew what QED stood for from the beginning and was having a bit of fun. Bit of a fail there for us both
                                                Michelle's confusion meant I was never gonna catch your joke. Sorry

Comment

FFS i must be a total thicko im really not getting this!!

it doesnt make any sense and then i notice kayroo has a couple of thanks for the QED post which confuses me even more.... are they all pretending to be super intelligent or that just worship Kayroo?
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

im not giving out, not even mad, just dont get it, where is the beauty in it?
                                                      Post 1: Scottish people are spas
                                                      Post 2: (michelle) "hey, I'm Scottish"
                                                      Post 3: (kayroo) "well, that proves it" (except in Latin)
                                                      Post 4: what does that mean? Tell me!!!

Lol.

Comment

tommy tiernan could learn from this dude

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jxo81Ok9Urk"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jxo81Ok9Urk[/ame]

Comment

PM sent Michelle

Comment

first i was yeh then i was nay

PokerStars Game #59914838229: Tournament #413020010, $200+$15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (250/500) - 2011/03/27 23:28:36 WET [2011/03/27 18:28:36 ET]
                                                            Table '413020010 803' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
                                                            Seat 1: hovti (20273 in chips)
                                                            Seat 2: innamon (18624 in chips)
                                                            Seat 3: menace2poker (15729 in chips)
                                                            Seat 4: alexzack1 (8450 in chips)
                                                            Seat 5: ihqpony97 (17755 in chips)
                                                            Seat 6: csku (14065 in chips)
                                                            Seat 7: RICOFELIZ (7225 in chips)
                                                            Seat 8: ARGENDOUGLY (18850 in chips)
                                                            Seat 9: JBurleson (29572 in chips)
                                                            hovti: posts the ante 25
                                                            innamon: posts the ante 25
                                                            menace2poker: posts the ante 25
                                                            alexzack1: posts the ante 25
                                                            ihqpony97: posts the ante 25
                                                            csku: posts the ante 25
                                                            RICOFELIZ: posts the ante 25
                                                            ARGENDOUGLY: posts the ante 25
                                                            JBurleson: posts the ante 25
                                                            RICOFELIZ: posts small blind 250
                                                            ARGENDOUGLY: posts big blind 500
                                                            *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                            Dealt to alexzack1 [Kc Ks]
                                                            JBurleson: folds
                                                            hovti: folds
                                                            innamon: folds
                                                            menace2poker: folds
                                                            alexzack1: raises 750 to 1250
                                                            ihqpony97: folds
                                                            csku: folds
                                                            RICOFELIZ: raises 5950 to 7200 and is all-in
                                                            ARGENDOUGLY: folds
                                                            alexzack1: calls 5950
                                                            *** FLOP *** [6h Ah 9h]
                                                            *** TURN *** [6h Ah 9h] [3s]
                                                            *** RIVER *** [6h Ah 9h 3s] [As]
                                                            *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                            RICOFELIZ: shows [9d 9c] (a full house, Nines full of Aces)
                                                            alexzack1: shows [Kc Ks] (two pair, Aces and Kings)
                                                            RICOFELIZ collected 15125 from pot
                                                            *** SUMMARY ***
                                                            Total pot 15125 | Rake 0
                                                            Board [6h Ah 9h 3s As]
                                                            Seat 1: hovti folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                            Seat 2: innamon folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                            Seat 3: menace2poker folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                            Seat 4: alexzack1 showed [Kc Ks] and lost with two pair, Aces and Kings
                                                            Seat 5: ihqpony97 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                            Seat 6: csku (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                            Seat 7: RICOFELIZ (small blind) showed [9d 9c] and won (15125) with a full house, Nines full of Aces
                                                            Seat 8: ARGENDOUGLY (big blind) folded before Flop
                                                            Seat 9: JBurleson folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comment

2 double ups later...playable again!

Comment

Post 1: Scottish people are spas
                                                                Post 2: (michelle) "hey, I'm Scottish"
                                                                Post 3: (kayroo) "well, that proves it" (except in Latin)
                                                                Post 4: what does that mean? Tell me!!!

Lol.
                                                                Gawd it really irks me the way posters love to think they are so intelligent around here and love to take the piss out of normal people like me.

Big fuckin words an all that, strange odd weird music an all that and pretending they are SO into politics an ALL that!.........freaks!
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Gawd it really irks me the way posters love to think they are so intelligent around here and love to take the piss out of normal people like me.

Big fuckin words an all that, strange odd weird music an all that and pretending they are SO into politics an ALL that!.........freaks!

tell us how you really feel

Comment

Going to first AFL match this weekend.

St. Kilda (and Tommy Walsh) vrs. Richmond.

Should be a bit of craic for a Friday night. Melbourne Rebels then at their next home game versus Highlanders in the Super Rugby. Melbournes some spot for cheap live sport.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

seriously, spend a week quadrupling a roll playing 1c 2c only to lose 65% of it in an hour. terrible, terrible run....

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                                                                        tell us how you really feel
                                                                        put it this way

do NOT mess with this bitch tonight!!!!
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I'm not trying to be intelligent. QED is an expression used in leaving cert maths. It was a very silly joke that got out of hand. For that
                                                                          I apologise, albeit not for the initial joke which was meant in good spirits and as a gesture of fondness.

For the subsequent confusion I am sorry.

If the above quoted post is a re-level then well played but I'm a normal person, just like gill, who got the joke, or any of the other lads who thanked it. Being smart doesn't make you special and not knowing something doesn't make you normal.

Comment

Is it really that hard to use Google if you see a word you don't understand? really? FFS every weekend you get yourself in a fucking tizzy over nothing on here, and all you had to do in every occasion is take a deep breath and reread what is being posted.

Comment

who'd have thought three little letters would cause such a mess! Move on People, Move on!
                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I'm not trying to be intelligent. QED is an expression used in leaving cert maths. It was a very silly joke that got out of hand. For that
                                                                                I apologise, albeit not for the initial joke which was meant in good spirits and as a gesture of fondness.

For the subsequent confusion I am sorry.

If the above quoted post is a re-level then well played but I'm a normal person, just like gill, who got the joke, or any of the other lads who thanked it. Being smart doesn't make you special and not knowing something doesn't make you normal.
                                                                                lol you dont have to be sorry, im only joking, but im not special or normal, dunno what i am really, rather odd I would say.

you didnt have to apologize! nice little post, what a lovely chap you are after all that
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                  who'd have thought three little letters would cause such a mess! Move on People, Move on!
                                                                                  PMS always causes a mess.
                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

fuck it, I'm going to kick a cat down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Lets move on to 4 then

PMSL

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                        Is it really that hard to use Google if you see a word you don't understand? really? FFS every weekend you get yourself in a fucking tizzy over nothing on here, and all you had to do in every occasion is take a deep breath and reread what is being posted.
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

MSN or QED

Comment

nice wee film just started on BBC 1 NI

The Flying Scotsman

About Graeme Obree

Comment

Excuse me!!!
                                                                                              hang on there now a minute, I do not get in a fuckin tizzy every weekend over nothing. and if i fuckin read QED 1 million times i still would not have got it!!

I do use google which is obviously what i did as i have proven in one of my posts.

you see whats wrong with you is your losing at the cash tables and want to take it on me or the fuckin cat!!

aint fuckin happening, i am who i am here and you an all the lads know my form, i aint going nowhere so you may get used to it gonzo, RIGHT
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

MSN in QED PMS+DFR.

gotta love them TLAs
                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

fuck it, I'm going to kick a cat down a flight of stairs.
                                                                                                  seriously, spend a week quadrupling a roll playing 1c 2c only to lose 65% of it in an hour. terrible, terrible run....
                                                                                                  QED
                                                                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 27-03-11, 23:03.
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Excuse me!!!
                                                                                                    hang on there now a minute, I do not get in a fuckin tizzy every weekend over nothing. and if i fuckin read QED 1 million times i still would not have got it!!

I do use google which is obviously what i did as i have proven in one of my posts.

you see whats wrong with you is your losing at the cash tables and want to take it on me or the fuckin cat!!

aint fuckin happening, i am who i am here and you an all the lads know my form, i aint going nowhere so you may get used to it gonzo, RIGHT
                                                                                                    We were so fucking close too

Comment

I'll reply in the morning.

Comment

Jesus Michelle. Would ya whissht.

Your some woman for making mountains out of molehills. Chill the beans.

Comment

I rest my case!!!!
                                                                                                          Missed a cracking chance to use QED here.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                            Jesus Michelle. Would ya whissht.

Your some woman for making mountains out of molehills. Chill the beans.
                                                                                                            I genuinely cant help it, i suffer with PMS for exactly ten days!

im so moody the least little thing winds me up. My poor husband has really suffered in the past. He said to me on skype last night " jesus michelle have you PMT" i said yep and he says " its times like this im glad im in poland"
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I genuinely cant help it, i suffer with PMS for exactly ten days!

im so moody the least little thing winds me up. My poor husband has really suffered in the past. He said to me on skype last night " jesus michelle have you PMT" i said yep and he says " its times like this im glad im in poland"
                                                                                                              I'm sorry if this is a purely male response but the above is not a valid excuse.

Comment

Yeah Yeah, the old PMS chestnut used by crazy ass woman to act even more crazy.

I dont accept that tbh. You can only blame so much craziness on your hormones. Getting wound up on the internet over someones use of QED is definitely a sign of regular, everyday craziness and cant be blamed on hormoes imo.

Comment

I'm sorry if this is a purely male response but the above is not a valid excuse.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                      Yeah Yeah, the old PMS chestnut used by crazy ass woman to act even more crazy.

I dont accept that tbh. You can only blame so much craziness on your hormones. Getting wound up on the internet over someones use of QED is definitely a sign of regular, everyday craziness and cant be blamed on hormoes imo.
                                                                                                                      You will actually never understand what its like, i suffer so badly, honestly i am really not joking , i have zero tolerance at all and yes something silly like not understanding a joke would do it !
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X