X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
    Big unit,thought he looked good when the ball was in front of him
    When it was there to be won he went for it

Haven't seen any of him apart from tonight tbh but isn't he supposed to have a bit of a problem when people turn him/down the channels?

Then again, most centre backs do so...

Will defo do a job, especially against physical sides

Whats the story with him and Celtic?
    You in showgrounds last night?
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      NOD 32 is a great piece of kit
      But the fact that they 'don't like' MSE says to me either they have ulterior motives or aren't very knowledgable.
      I see you said they are a PC repair shop, tbh, if someone said that to me, I'd take my business elsewhere.
      There are plenty of reasons to rag on MS software but ignoring when they do something well is a idiotic stance to take.
      are you in a bad mood by any chance?
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

McGeady, got double and tripled up on several times yet he still was able to beat a man or two and cross or retain possession. Every time we broke he was looking for the ball or to release someone. First goal scored now and looks a lot more determined and confident. All done consistently over 90 minutes. Best Irish game that I have seen from him.

Problems in the middle of the park are pissing me off. Gibson and Whelan could be seen throughout the game strolling around within 5 yards of each with no real dynamic or chemistry between two. Gibson's contribution today was one great tackle and a crap one to get carded.
        This is one of the real problems imo
        when a winger is getting doubled up it means someone else should be free
        the likes of Gibson should be breaking his balls to get the ball off McGeady to find the free man

Nothing new and not just an Ireland thing

Barnes for Liverpool V's Barnes for England
        Lee Sharpe when he left United said the biggest problem adjusting was people expected him to beat 3 or 4 where at United he had 3 or 4 to pass it to

meh "British" Isles football tm

Comment

LOL, and according to recent testing then delete Chrome and install Opera
          That's my backup, isn't chrome just a carbon copy of safari? I won't be needing my backup if true.
          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
            You in showgrounds last night?
            yup yup

you?

good in patches, all too easy and they did the usual just enough to win bit

Glad for Dillon, like him as a player, if only he could only take one less touch

Comment

That Paul Merson extract is fairly eye opening, never had any knowledge other than his rep but his life has to be some story based on that piece alone.

Comment

Anyone got a stream for USA v Argentina, starting in ten minutes? I didn't even know this game was on until today...
                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                  Also - as said above Keane is a genuine Irish hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                    yup yup

you?

good in patches, all too easy and they did the usual just enough to win bit

Glad for Dillon, like him as a player, if only he could only take one less touch
                    Nah, was planning to start going as soon as I got back from Tralee but am busto and €15 is a bit expensive. Don't fancy becoming an adult just yet by getting a job I'm supposedly "qualified" for so will be handing CVs into all of the bars around town on Monday. It's the only job my CV is quite good for so hopefully will pick up something and I can get some beans coming in. Once I do I'll be into all the home games.
                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                      have you been drinking ?
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                        not at all
                        I'm a cheerful motherfucker
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                          Anyone got a stream for USA v Argentina, starting in ten minutes? I didn't even know this game was on until today...

Comment

Lawrence is a solid player and we know what he offers, but do you drop in form McGeady/Duff or push the boat out a bit and stick him in middle?

Coleman is full of promise and I'd love to see him get more game time when he's back, if he can do it every week in the premier league why not for Ireland.

Also why hasn't Eamo or anyone mentioned Andy Reid yet ?
                            yep lawrence makes a great centre mid good at defense great engine to boss middle of the park fantastic passing ability/freekicks/long range efforts
                            coleman doing great every week for everton on the right and dont see why he wudnt be as effective for ireland, duffs legs are gone can still make an impact as a sub against teams like tonights opp. but top class left/right backs will keep him in there pocket nowdays
                            Doyle Keane
                            Mcgeady Wilson Lawrence Coleman
                            anyone but kilbane Dunne OShea Fahey
                            Given
                            also heard jermain pennant is eligible for ireland wud not be a bad addition

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              have you been drinking ?
                              of course its Saturday night and im all alone

not at all
                              I'm a cheerful motherfucker
                              U seemed a bit off that why i asked!
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Cheers.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

doubles poker on bloomberg news ivey/laak together, each player plays a different street of the hand

Comment

Originally posted by playuppompey pompeyplayup View Post
                                    doubles poker on bloomberg news ivey/laak together, each player plays a different street of the hand
                                    It's all on pokercast.tv
                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Hi, does anyone know anything about that system tool virus? It comes with popups telling you your computer has a load of trojan and tries to get to you to pay for a program to remove it which is also a virus. How do you get rid of it? Is there any free software? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                        Hi, does anyone know anything about that system tool virus? It comes with popups telling you your computer has a load of trojan and tries to get to you to pay for a program to remove it which is also a virus. How do you get rid of it? Is there any free software? Thanks
                                        It's nasty piece of scamware.

Follow the instructions here to remove it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...ve-system-tool

Might need a usb thumb drive to assist but you will probably get be fine without it.

Comment

Argentina playing some beautiful football!

Opr

Comment

Keano, how would you feel about spending saturday night surrounded by georgia salpa ,nadia forde, karena graham and the likes?
                                            Those of you who have seen me on a regular Saturday night will know to pray for me without being asked.

TY.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                              Argentina playing some beautiful football!

Opr
                                              I think, and no doubt say, this every time I watch them play lately. But as someone with a rooting interest in Argentina it seriously depresses me to watch them play lately. They are so f'n good atm (I know it's mainly been friendlys, but still), and it goes to show with even a semi component manager they could easily have taken the last world cup, or at least provided good competition for Spain. The huge difference is they pick their best players and the Barca Messi shows up for them now since they don't have him out of position. Still, they've unreal depth right now and it's mainly players under 24 so winning the world cup in Brazil will make up for it
                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                Those of you who have seen me on a regular Saturday night will know to pray for me without being asked.

TY.
                                                Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                  Huh?
                                                  +1
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Watching Rockt Balboa for my sins...if those kegs are full he deserves to win!
                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I think, and no doubt say, this every time I watch them play lately. But as someone with a rooting interest in Argentina it seriously depresses me to watch them play lately. They are so f'n good atm (I know it's mainly been friendlys, but still), and it goes to show with even a semi component manager they could easily have taken the last world cup, or at least provided good competition for Spain. The huge difference is they pick their best players and the Barca Messi shows up for them now since they don't have him out of position. Still, they've unreal depth right now and it's mainly players under 24 so winning the world cup in Brazil will make up for it
                                                      I haven't seen them play in a good while. They have been incredible, some of the interchange and first time passing around the box has been so quick.

Had to back them at 5/6 after watching the first 15 minutes. I will consider it such a badbeat if this bet doesn't win after watching whats gone on in the first 35 minutes

Opr

Comment

Bubbleking's post is beyond retarded. He's about 1/8 to say he was levelling in the morning.

Comment

I haven't seen them play in a good while. They have been incredible, some of the interchange and first time passing around the box has been so quick.

Had to back them at 5/6 after watching the first 15 minutes. I will consider it such a badbeat if this bet doesn't win after watching whats gone on in the first 35 minutes

Opr
                                                          Your only risk is surely a load of half time substitutions! But this has been how they've played every time I've seen them play since the world cup, they absolutely murdered Spain 4-1 and the scoreline wasn't flattering. Now again, it's friendlys, but they're so cohesive and their passing is like a club side thats played for years together atm. And you can throw Aguero, Higuain etc into this side also which is pretty amazing. Higuain would have a hat trick already today.

There you go, that's a nice one for the aul bet

Comment

Build up for that Cambiasso goal between El Pocho and Messi was sick.

Comment

Watching Rockt Balboa for my sins...if those kegs are full he deserves to win!
                                                              Yeah watching it too. His son is a cunt, didn't want to know throughout, serious attidude problem, bit of a jealous hater tbh. Then when the big money fight comes around he drops out of college, and plays the nice son. GTFO imo.

Re Argies: what's up with Tevez? Messi, Di maria, Lavezzi are all class but are they not a little too similar to play together?
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

NOD 32 is a great piece of kit
                                                                I had a situation recently where NOD failed to pick up a well known cornficker variant called kido. Seemed very strange, I never bothered investigating why it didn't I just removed it using a Kaspersky rescue disc.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Yeah watching it too. His son is a cunt, didn't want to know throughout, serious attidude problem, bit of a jealous hater tbh. Then when the big money fight comes around he drops out of college, and plays the nice son. GTFO imo.

Re Argies: what's up with Tevez? Messi, Di maria, Lavezzi are all class but are they not a little too similar to play together?
                                                                  Let's not forget the journeyman players like Higuain, Pastore and Milito that don't really deserve a game

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

I'm not sure what's up with Tevez, he's played recently, not sure why he was left out of this. I shockingly didn't know this game was on until today!

But Tevez wont be first choice, can't see beyond Higuain Messi Di Maria as a front three, or some kind of 4-2-3-1 is more likely actually. The talent is just ridic, their benched strikers are genuinely world class.
                                                                    Last edited by Sledgejammer; 27-03-11, 00:07.

Comment

It's nasty piece of scamware.

Follow the instructions here to remove it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...ve-system-tool

Might need a usb thumb drive to assist but you will probably get be fine without it.
                                                                      Thanks for the help? Am I missing something or do you have to pay for the programs that remove it? Could be a problem as I have no credit card/money.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                        Huh?
                                                                        I'm at a party featuring the aforementioned. I'm multiple jaegerbombs deep. Pray for mojo.

Comment

Whats your rooting interest in Argentina Sledge?

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                            Whats your rooting interest in Argentina Sledge?
                                                                            I'm half Argentine on my mothers side, so always root for them as a second team for the point any competition that Ireland probably wont make it too

Comment

Let's not forget the journeyman players like Higuain, Pastore and Milito that don't really deserve a game
                                                                              Ha yeah pretty sick, I think Millito's time is probably up internationally though, they've enough youth there to build for the future. Pastore still has a lot of developing to do, incredible talent but still very raw and his decision making isn't the best yet.

I'm not sure what's up with Tevez, he's played recently, not sure why he was left out of this. I shockingly didn't know this game was on until today!

But Tevez wont be first choice, can't see beyond Higuain Messi Di Maria as a front three
                                                                              It's not injury anyway. Just left out AFAIK, must be nice.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

...
                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-03-11, 00:16.
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

But Tevez wont be first choice, can't see beyond Higuain Messi Di Maria as a front three, or some kind of 4-2-3-1 is more likely actually. The talent is just ridic, their benched strikers are genuinely world class.
                                                                                    injured the morning of city chealsea match

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                      Thanks for the help? Am I missing something or do you have to pay for the programs that remove it? Could be a problem as I have no credit card/money.
                                                                                      No everything listed in bleeping computer's guide is free to use.

System tool is one of the many pieces of scamware around - basically they tell you that the computer is screwed and then give us your credit card details to "activate" system tool and remove all the issues it finds. Thing is, your computer is fine, system tool is pretending you have all these problems to scam you out of money.

Cunt of a scam, a priest came in to the shop where I work a while ago and said he gave a similar piece of scamware his bank account details and the rest. Got done for a couple of hundred from what I remember.

It's easy to pick one up tbh if you're not careful.

Comment

Tevez was left out for the last couple of matches I think. It's because he pulled out of the last squad he was selected in and the manager felt he wasn't committed enough to Argentina. Think there was a story on football365 about it a while ago.

Comment

anyone fancy a home game €5 FO deepstack starts at 12.45

Club ID 349074
                                                                                          password charlie sheen
                                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 27-03-11, 00:23.
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Fuck deepstack..something gambley and I may be in...
                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Fuck deepstack..something gambley and I may be in...
                                                                                              cmon ta fuck, bit of crack!!!
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

who is quel espirit??

doesnt matter he obviously didnt fancy a heads up lol
                                                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 27-03-11, 00:36.
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Re Robbie Keane.

I never got the hate for him, he's been brilliant for Ireland and loves pulling on the jersey. Is it some sort of begrudgery that seems to be fairly prevalent in Ireland in general?

Anyway, onto my own little tale.
                                                                                                  I used to manage Pravda(diff name now I believe), i'm inside the pub on a quiet night, Tues or Wedsnesday I think and I get a call from the doorman asking me to come outside as a few gentlemen wanted to have a discussion about why they weren't being allowed access to the premises.
                                                                                                  This was always a 99% nobrainer situation as I'd never have a guy at the door who's opinion I didn't respect.
                                                                                                  I head out to see a gang of young lads, with a few beers onboard,all pretty quiet except for one twat who starts shouting abuse at me, all I hear is fk fk fking,lol.
                                                                                                  I recognise him staight away, and another quiet lad in the pack,Damien Duff, they were just after winning the euro under 18 championships so they were obv out celebrating.
                                                                                                  I tell the group that anyone with id is welcome to come in, a few start getting out their passports, but young Mr Keane was having none of it, stating that it was 'all of us or none'.
                                                                                                  Fair enough, I say,enjoy your night.
                                                                                                  Young Mr Keane goes fkin nuts screaming at me and eventually comes up with the old 'do you know who I am' chestnut.
                                                                                                  I tell him that I do and congratulate them on their win but you have to be 18years old to get into the pub. After him telling me that he's 18 and that he forgot his passport, I told him that I knew he was 17 from reading the paper and that he wasn't coming in.
                                                                                                  That's when he went for me, lol. The doorman caught him right away and had him pinned to the ground.
                                                                                                  He asked me what I wanted to do, I could have called the cops but just told the other lads to mind him or he'll end up making a balls of your night.
                                                                                                  He ran off like a lamb, Damien Duff apoligised for him when they were heading and thanked me. This type of occurence was pretty standard apart from the fact that the lads in question were an Irish footie team.

As an aside, a couple of days later, there was a small article in the Irish times headlined 'Irish team refused from Dublin bar'. The article said that they'd been refused from Zanzibar. My flatmate was manager of Zanzibar and got called into head office to explain what happened,lol.
                                                                                                  No idea how a reporter got hold of it and managed to mention the wrong bar.

Some fun banter ribbing my mate about it, many of you would recognise him, he's the guy that does the Renault scrappage scheme ads.
                                                                                                  I must send him a link to this for the lols actually, he was fairly pissed off about it at the time as it caused him a ton of hassle for something that I was involved in.
                                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Quick question for the footy heads.

How likely is Chicharito to take the Mexican goal scoring record? Or rather how long would it take him? And would it be worth a punt?

He's on 14 goals after 22 games, aged 22.

Here's the current top 10: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_...10_goalscorers

Comment

Been a good game and enjoyed the 2nd half should make for a good finish. American ad plugs are lol bad.

As to the Tevez thing pretty sure they said on the commentary that he pulled out of the Argentina squad and played for City then so they were well pissed off with him so they dropped him.

Comment

This is one of the best friendly's I have ever watched. I can't imagine the clubs sides will be happy with Argentina not making subs given the competitive nature of the game.

Opr

Comment

Yeah some match, and ~80,000 at the match bodes well for USA football. Pity about their fans before the match during the Japan minutes silence though, left a fairly sour taste

Comment

This is one of the best friendly's I have ever watched. I can't imagine the clubs sides will be happy with Argentina not making subs given the competitive nature of the game.

Opr
                                                                                                            Sell out crowd of 82000 impressive.

Comment

...

Comment

Happy fast forward everyone , heres to bright summer evenings
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                  Which side did that? Were they booing during the minutes silence?
                                                                                                                  Booing, chanting USA and one idiot screamed "Konichiwa, Bitches" very very audibly

Comment

Quick question for the footy heads.

How likely is Chicharito to take the Mexican goal scoring record? Or rather how long would it take him? And would it be worth a punt?

He's on 14 goals after 22 games, aged 22.

Here's the current top 10: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_...10_goalscorers
                                                                                                                    Very hard to say. One bad injury and he loses that yard of pace that players like him depend on so you'd have to factor that in. Top scorer has 48 goals. Hmm prob around 40% chance i'd say but you could be waiting 10 years+ to be paid out
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

FML.

Went out at 7 for a pint and the Ireland game. Home now, several pints deep, and dropped my phone on the way home and smashed the screen.

Words don't explain how devastating shit like that is.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X