This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That facebook thing is great Charlie, gonna do that to some of my mates

Going to the cinema tonight, choices are between Hall Pass and Unknown.
    Opinions guys?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      Mrs Flusdraw pleas give the hubbie a big kiss from me.

Green beret,commando and Ghosts and goblins were class.
      I actually pulled out my spectrum 48k(+ with the hard keyboard) at the weekend at my parents gaff, it worked perfectly after hooking up the origional cassette player and all. All the gear hadn't been out of the box for at least 7 years but worked first time no probs.
      I played ghosts and goblins and green beret with my boys on Saturday funnily enough, they found the loading sequence bizarre.

I've over 300 games for the spectrum at my parents, and am looking forward to the next visit!
      Done that for you Danny

Comment

Gilhooly is a knob head anyway.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I was addicted to that game!

Comment

Not seen hall pass (very little interest given the quality of anything owen wilson's been in recently). Unknown was decent though without being outstanding

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              That facebook thing is great Charlie, gonna do that to some of my mates

Going to the cinema tonight, choices are between Hall Pass and Unknown.
              Opinions guys?
              Wasn't the biggest fan of Unknown but imo would go and see that over Hall Pass although Ballet Girl is in Hall Pass.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yeah i agree totally. But I think your missed my point.
                Everyone knew he was going to be champ one day. And your right it was a case of when.
                But a lot of people thought it wasn't yet, he's only 23 etc.
                Everyone saying lump on shogun, 5/2 is a ridic price. Even Dana said this.

My point was that I was saying that his time was now, he will win etc. And even I was surprise how easy he made it.

The down side to him winning was the instant flood of Jones v Silva talk, its nonsense imo
                I was surprised at how easy he walked through Shogun, thought it would be close enough but he just handled him like he has everyone else. You wouldn't even think he took a step up in class in opponents.

The Silva talk is crazy although in a 2 years time if Jones has walked through everyone and Silva is still around (could well retire in a year) it would be great to see.

But we all want Silva/GSP and we could still be waiting for that come 2012.

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

It's not a PC v console debate.
                    It's a goldeneye was epic debate.
                    I never said it was the first FPS. By its kind I meant the stealth element instead of free for all, ans well as the fact that it took it to a whole new level. It wasn't the first on a console afaik.
                    Doom and Quake were obviously around earlier, and the Quake engine was used for a long time. But the games were just blast everything in sight type play. GE was 12 months later and was a big leap forward

Quake (1996)

Goldeneye (1997)
                    I was sure that Quake was eons before Goldeneye but I must admit you're fucking good at destroying my off the cuff comments with stupid facts and your so called "logic".
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Dunno if anyone else here was big into World of Warcraft, but no other game could compare to it as a time-sink. Our guild had minimum of 3 raid nights attendance per week (7.30pm-11.30 pm) plus group practice lessons for each class. Ended up being warlock class leader, so spent at least another 3 hours per week on Elitist Jerks/WoW forums and theorycrafting. Auction house accounted for another few hours as well. It's an OCD-ers wet dream come true
                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

EPT Barcelona coverage kicking off on Ch. 4 now.
                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

The man is sick, John O' Shea(doesalrite) 2/12 in the ipoker highroller. Can he do two weeks running? No better buachaill yo. Only 10 paid but 12.5k ftw, gl to him.

Comment

For Fúck Sake...Metal Gear Solid 1 is the best game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                              Dunno if anyone else here was big into World of Warcraft, but no other game could compare to it as a time-sink. Our guild had minimum of 3 raid nights attendance per week (7.30pm-11.30 pm) plus group practice lessons for each class. Ended up being warlock class leader, so spent at least another 3 hours per week on Elitist Jerks/WoW forums and theorycrafting. Auction house accounted for another few hours as well. It's an OCD-ers wet dream come true
                              Surely this brings nerdism to a whole new level.

Comment

would you consider prince black?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  would you consider prince black?
                                  Would have thought him hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                    Yeah I was there from about a month after launch. Ended up founding a guild that's still going strong with nearly 200 members. They're a lot more casual than your group sounds but through sheer force of numbers we were able to do a fair bit of raiding. we just did twice a week and had no mandatory attendance or any of that bullshit. People in our guild were allowed to have lives outside of WoW. I made certain of that.

I'm glad I don't play it anymore but I don't quarrel with anyone who still does. I know how strong a pull it has and I miss all the craic and banter with the guild mates. Anyone who thinks it's a game for ubernerds doesn't realise it's the social aspect that really keeps you coming back when you're bored of the endless grinding.

Leading a guild like that is almost like being captain of an amateur sports team. You have to schedule raids, pick lineups, prepare strategies, analyse people's performance and try to be a cheerleader as well as coordinating everything in a fight. It was really challenging and I never thought I could be someone who could do that kind of thing. I'm kinda proud of it to be honest.

But ultimately I found it was too much of a support group for people who were unhappy with their real lives, so they lived in a world where success was often just a matter of putting the hours in, and you got a reward for every tiny bit of effort. I don't really need that anymore since I sorted my real life out, and just had no reason to play anymore.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                      I was surprised at how easy he walked through Shogun, thought it would be close enough but he just handled him like he has everyone else. You wouldn't even think he took a step up in class in opponents.

The Silva talk is crazy although in a 2 years time if Jones has walked through everyone and Silva is still around (could well retire in a year) it would be great to see.

I would hate to see gsp fight Silva. I am a massive Gsp fan but he would be dominated by Silva.Apart from the weight advantage(what they naturally weigh) the reach advantage alone would make it v one sided. Agree with you re Jones,Anyone that watched him from day 1 knew he was a phenom.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

Silva has said he doesn't want to fight at 205, so doubt it will happen. Would love to see it though.

GSP Silva is happening this year.
                                        Pretty sure it'll be GSPs fight after Shields

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                        I would hate to see gsp fight Silva. I am a massive Gsp fan but he would be dominated by Silva.Apart from the weight advantage(what they naturally weigh) the reach advantage alone would make it v one sided. Agree with you re Jones,Anyone that watched him from day 1 knew he was a phenom.
                                        There wouldn't be a significant reach or weight advantage.
                                        Silvia has maybe an inch or two reach on him, but this isn't really a fight decider. He has a height advantage of about 4" though
                                        GSP isn't going to just jump in to the fight as it. He'll take 9 months and move up in weight properly. He'll put on 20 lbs of muscle and he'll be a similar "natural weight" to silva. He has said he'll move to MW and stay there.

Can't believe you don't want this fight. This is the fight i want more than any other.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                          Yeah I was there from about a month after launch. Ended up founding a guild that's still going strong with nearly 200 members. They're a lot more casual than your group sounds but through sheer force of numbers we were able to do a fair bit of raiding. we just did twice a week and had no mandatory attendance or any of that bullshit. People in our guild were allowed to have lives outside of WoW. I made certain of that.

I'm glad I don't play it anymore but I don't quarrel with anyone who still does. I know how strong a pull it has and I miss all the craic and banter with the guild mates. Anyone who thinks it's a game for ubernerds doesn't realise it's the social aspect that really keeps you coming back when you're bored of the endless grinding.

Leading a guild like that is almost like being captain of an amateur sports team. You have to schedule raids, pick lineups, prepare strategies, analyse people's performance and try to be a cheerleader as well as coordinating everything in a fight. It was really challenging and I never thought I could be someone who could do that kind of thing. I'm kinda proud of it to be honest.

But ultimately I found it was too much of a support group for people who were unhappy with their real lives, so they lived in a world where success was often just a matter of putting the hours in, and you got a reward for every tiny bit of effort. I don't really need that anymore since I sorted my real life out, and just had no reason to play anymore.
                                          Feel exactly the same way about it myself, it was an avoidance pastime for me if i am brutally honest. Some people might sneer at it, but look at how popular stuff like farmville is, when you put so much effort into something over a period of time, it gains its own intrinsic value to you.
                                          We were fairly hardcore, but only because that meant that our in-game time was never wasted. There was a great sense of camaraderie and achievement from putting such hard work into a common goal. Our guild leaders were two fairly wealthy property developers, a husband and wife in their 40's who loved the social interaction with people from all round europe. That is fairly impressive that you ran a whole guild, i found managing 4 people time intensive enough.
                                          You hit the nail on the head, I was in a dark enough place before i played it, but it helped me get out of my own head and focus on something. Sorted real life issues, and the urge to play faded. Have a quiet sense of satisfaction from killing all the bosses, stopped after lich king, and that sort of ended the game for me.

Comment

I played a fair amount of FF7 but yet never really enjoyed it. It was out around the same time as a game that I think is in another league to it: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Still my all time favourite game. I also think that Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is amazing.

I haven't really played many games over the past number of years so I've missed out on the new generation of games. The only time I play now is an old Pro Evo 5 versus a friend.

Comment

Agree to disagree.Gsp reach is open for argument.If you check his history,Tale of the tape,ufc 56 reach 74,ufc 58 reach 76 and ufc 65 reach 78.But either way he does have decent reach for a guy of 5 10. Would love to see gsp win but just cant.Dreading his upcoming fight v shields also.Shields just doesnt make for interesting viewing.

Comment

need an example of a market where prices change quickly and in both directions very often?

Brain is fried, presentation in 7 hours!

Comment

Ocarina of Time had a fantastic learning curve, from the moment your uncle wakes you up and it is raining outside to killing Ganon everything is paced beautifully. The puzzles in it were very moreish, as you usually made some sort of progress. FF7 had tons of fab gaming moments, but some of the bosses like the ultimate weapons you needed to do a fair bit of grinding to Level up enough to beat them. It really pushed the limits of the playstation at the time though.

Anyone who enjoyed those games should do themselves a favour and check out "Chrono Trigger" on a SNES emulator, it is the pinnacle of RPG's.

Comment

Yeah, the tape of the tape varies. Bit silly really. I was assuming 76 (Silva 77.5?).
                                                    Silva is bigger, I just don't know if it'll be a big enough factor. I like both guys a lot, and think it'll be close, still don't know who i think will win.

Agree re shields, he was boring vrs Kampman. I'm just praying that it was down to a bad cut, and he is at a more comfortable weight now and puts on a real fight. The shields that fought kampman, was not the shields that beat dan henderson

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      need an example of a market where prices change quickly and in both directions very often?

Coke and pills after 6pm at Slane

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        Coke and pills after 6pm at Slane
                                                        Markets that could possibly be tradeable pleasethx!

Derivatives based on Coke and Pills haven't taken off yet.

Comment

Oil can be pretty volatile, big swings very quickly

Comment

Markets that could possibly be tradeable pleasethx!

Derivatives based on Coke and Pills haven't taken off yet.
                                                            Football Stickers then.

Comment

Forex?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                Richard Gale interview.

The one who got powerbombed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Ijc...eature=player_
                                                                Such waffle, you know the big guy didnt start it.

Got what he deserved the little rat.
                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Not seen hall pass (very little interest given the quality of anything owen wilson's been in recently). Unknown was decent though without being outstanding
                                                                  Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                  Wasn't the biggest fan of Unknown but imo would go and see that over Hall Pass although Ballet Girl is in Hall Pass.
                                                                  Was leaning towards Unknown, and but if its not amazing I'll go to hall pass. It's just on a better time. I'll see Unknown again.

Comment

Forex is good ya. Its not the volatility that I'm trying to portray, but am trying to explain merits of a position which is akin to a long straddle.

Volatility is an element that affects it, but I need a product / market that can be expected to move, but a movement in either direction is almost as likely.

Edit: this is good "concentration" music. Good for the grind??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMwCXhjmBkY[/ame]
                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 22-03-11, 02:47.

Comment

Sports trading fits that profile more tbh than traditional markets. Dunno if you could use that, but might be a novel angle for ye

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                        Not even close to levelling.

Unbelievable game and anyone who disagrees just hasnt played it. Even now, I go back and play it from time to time.
                                                                        I bought the game on playstation store for a fiver. The game was unreal for it's time. Came with 4 discs at the time iirc. Must play it tomorrow

Comment

FF7 ruined my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Harney View Post
                                                                            I bought the game on playstation store for a fiver. The game was unreal for it's time. Came with 4 discs at the time iirc. Must play it tomorrow
                                                                            Please do. Its such a fantastic game. 4 discs of pure epicness.

Getting out of Migar at the start is the worst part of the game imo (worst part= still absolutely unreal). After that the game is just magic.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Punting on chocobo races ftw

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                Punting on chocobo races ftw
                                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d81qFaoe010[/ame]

Comment

take 3 hours sleep or tough it out?

Comment

For a presentation... get the sleep for sure. Whatever about the actual content of the presentation, its unwise to appear dishevelled and groggy. Which you almost certainly will.

You'll also have that real rough, sweaty, clammy feeling of being exceptionally tired. You'll feel hot in yourself and be extrememly incoherant.

This feeling is also associated with a massively long stint in the Jackpot, emerging at 8am, the dim morning light adding to the sense of bewilderment.

Comment

Get the sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                        For a presentation... get the sleep for sure. Whatever about the actual content of the presentation, its unwise to appear dishevelled and groggy. Which you almost certainly will.

You'll also have that real rough, sweaty, clammy feeling of being exceptionally tired. You'll feel hot in yourself and be extrememly incoherant.

This feeling is also associated with a massively long stint in the Jackpot, emerging at 8am, the dim morning light adding to the sense of bewilderment.
                                                                                        yessum, need to rid myself of this exam beard also

Comment

Bored now. Anyone awake?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                            Bored now. Anyone awake?
                                                                                            Been awake since before 3, was in bed pretty early though around 10 last night, stupid shift work, work today from 7.30 to 7.30...should be fun !!
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              Been awake since before 3, was in bed pretty early though around 10 last night, stupid shift work, work today from 7.30 to 7.30...should be fun !!
                                                                                              Heh I know the feeling. I'm in work til 7am but I'm back on days on Friday morning and have a load of things to do on Wednesday, so I have to finish this shift and stay awake as long as I can, then crash tonight. Fun stuff. I'm gonna have a good go at Mass Effect 2 in a few hours, that should make the time fly by.

Comment

ah raging i missed all the gaming chat - this was prob my favorite cut scene from FF7. Like in fairness this was on a 32 bit PS1 it pushed the machine to the limit. I wish Square would accept that they can no longer make decent RPG's and just make a remake of FF7 that everyone wants

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6LWtGY-LAY&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6LWtGY-LAY&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

On a related note Sephiroth is the best protagonist of any game ever made

Comment

I'm gonna have to dig out out the old PS1 and start FF7 all over again I think, all this talk about it has me dying to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      LOL Mellor...

You're obv a bit younger than me and Danny, so when Bubble Bobble was out, we didn't have Golden Eye type games. The first first person shooter i remember was called Operation something or other.

Bubble Bobble was an arcade classic and every 8-12 year old spent all their hard earned pocket money trying to clock it!
                                                                                                      It was Operation Wolfenstein and it preceded Doom as the first FPS available on the market.

Goldeneye took an established formula and made it mainstream but Wolfenstein and Doom had been doing it perfectly well before that.
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijh7EAAH6g[/ame]
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

woah - flashbacks happening all over the place this morning. In the Jackpot the other night get the tank in with 9s5s on a 4s7s6d flop and get called by 65o. guy goes mental at me for about 5 minutes after I get there. I end up slurring that I was prob ahead when the loots went in. he offers to lay me a straight 500 squids on the claim but I bottled out of it because I was hammered and wasnt thinking straight. FML

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                            ah raging i missed all the gaming chat
                                                                                                            Here, play Bombjack while you're waiting on people to wake up

Comment

This is a great song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3t7MAwaaM[/ame]
                                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                                                ya still have my c64,got the one with the laser gun + the dodgy platoon/batman games came with it. ended up with heaps of pirated sticky tape ova the top of cassete games, used ta love the last ninja, ye ar kung fu, commando, turrican, paperboy, like fecking hell how innocent were days when we'd get kicks outta playin a game gettin newspapers into letterboxes
                                                                                                                Ye ar kung fu always took 2nd place to this gem

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                  Surely the best 40/50 secs of basketball ever ??

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Ye ar kung fu always took 2nd place to this gem

http://www.1980-games.com/us/old-gam...u/big-game.php

Surely you meant to link Defender there Flushdraw.....1984, 10p coin for 6 hrs of concentration clocking up 7 million plus!! Them were the days alright!!

Comment

I was a World of Warcraft progression raider for 4 years.

We had 4 raids a week, 3-4 hours at a time (sunday raid was 6 hours with a half hour dinner break) through the original and for 2 expansions. When not raiding you'd be doing dungeons or grinding materials.

My off time fun was dragging mobs from one end of the land to the other, including kiting a particularly nasty demon to a big enemy city and watching it destroy everyone for 2 hours until a gamemaster logged in and killed it.

Good times.
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

Anyone know the price for 'big bang' to get rumbled in the first round?
                                                                                                                        16/1

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                          I was a World of Warcraft progression raider for 4 years.

We had 4 raids a week, 3-4 hours at a time (sunday raid was 6 hours with a half hour dinner break) through the original and for 2 expansions. When not raiding you'd be doing dungeons or grinding materials.

My off time fun was dragging mobs from one end of the land to the other, including kiting a particularly nasty demon to a big enemy city and watching it destroy everyone for 2 hours until a gamemaster logged in and killed it.

Good times.
                                                                                                                          What?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X