This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    Defo enjoyed Portal WAY more than FF7 - played both within a month of them being released (years apart, obviously!). I've PC-gamed way more than console-gamed and am a complete PC snob at this stage; Baldur's Gate is probably the best game I've ever played, most young console owners probably have never heard of this legendary game!
    I'd forgotten all about that game, I think it was the PS2 I had it on. It was brilliant hack n slash fun.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
      Have a rake of it in the Porters in Paul Street Carpark Shopping Centre in Cork City..
      Which shopping center is that again?

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
      I saw them here in portlaoise in a petrol station a few weeks back!
      if you want i can check tomorrow and if you want ill get you some and post them (if they have them)

they do the reeses peanut butter bars all the time!
      If you see them you might leave me know its actually the cookie cream ones im after i know the brown packets are available everywhere. I wouldnt need ya to post them as id be passing Portlaoise every now and again. No need to go out of your way just trying to get them for the GF for easter as she was addicted to them when we were away.

These are the ones or something similar

Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Fable was cack imo.

Although it might have something to do with Peter Molyneux hyping it up for ages and it turning into a bland RPG.

Lol, if you type Peter Molyneux into Google the 2nd sugestion is "Peter Molyneux lies"

Comment

Oh man Baldurs Gate was quite good. Repetitive enough after a while but a quality dungeon slasher/semi RPG game.

That actually got me into the Morrowind games. Which are ridiculous in size.

Nothing will EVER come close to FF7 though. I still rememeber the first time being in Kalm and seing Sephiroths flashback when he burned the village.

My first time in Junon and its big ass canon. First time seeing the Highwind. Going back to kill that big ass mo'fo'in snake in the marsh.

Oh jesus. What a game. So so so so so well put together. A true Epic.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Will Ferrell is class

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgJF0C5tnI&feature=related[/ame]
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              Oh man Baldurs Gate was quite good. Repetitive enough after a while but a quality dungeon slasher/semi RPG game.

Nothing will EVER come close to FF7 though. I still rememeber the first time being in Kalm and seing Sephiroths flashback when he burned the village.

My first time in Junon and its big ass canon. First time seeing the Highwind. Going back to kill that big ass mo'fo'in snake in the marsh.

are you levelling?

This is brand new nerdnews for me...

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                Four words.
                Jet set fkin willie. Old school baby.

My 8 year old is into fable in a big way.

He's just finished a 22 page story entitled 'Albion: a story based on Fable the game'

His teacher called me over when I was collecting him from school today and was positively gushing(insert proud dad smilie here).
                I had a spectrum from as soon as i could walk and Jet Set Willy was one of my favs.

Here you go Danny, have fun

Despite its popularity, Bitcoin Plinko is a challenging and complicated game that requires a lot of patience. You can try your luck with...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                  are you levelling?

This is brand new nerdnews for me...
                  I missed out on alot of sex during my wifes FF7 phase.
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    I had a spectrum from as soon as i could walk and Jet Set Willy was one of my favs.

Here you go Danny, have fun

http://www.twinbee.org/hob/play.php?snap=jetsetwilly
                    That's brilliant Tony, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, i'll have a proper go off that tomorrow.

Any chance you know where I can play the origional bubble bobble?

Every 10p coin I ever owned used to get swallowed by that machine. 100 levels but I finally cracked it after spending about 200 quid.

That void has never quite been filled.

Comment

That's brilliant Tony, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, i'll have a proper go off that tomorrow.

Every 10p coin I ever owned used to get swallowed by that machine. 100 levels but I finally cracked it after spending about 200 quid.
                      I have bubble bobble on a disk somewhere. If i can't find it online, i'll dig it out.

Oh, and Manic Miner was a step up from Jet Set Willy and Chuckie Egg was the business!

Despite its popularity, Bitcoin Plinko is a challenging and complicated game that requires a lot of patience. You can try your luck with...

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                        Which shopping center is that again?

If you see them you might leave me know its actually the cookie cream ones im after i know the brown packets are available everywhere. I wouldnt need ya to post them as id be passing Portlaoise every now and again. No need to go out of your way just trying to get them for the GF for easter as she was addicted to them when we were away.

These are the ones or something similar
                        They have those exact ones in there.

Inside town, theres paul street. Its where all the goths/alternative kids hang around. Its inside in Porters in that shopping centre. Rake of them.

Comment

Not even close to levelling.

Unbelievable game and anyone who disagrees just hasnt played it. Even now, I go back and play it from time to time.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                            Jesus, you talk your self up as some sort of prophet. Everybody who watched any of Jones' fights in the UFC have been raving about him. He was touted as a future champ from the start.
                            Ah piss off.
                            A huge amount of people were saying he wasn't ready for the title shot, 1.6 is too short etc. He was stil ranked at no.5 in the world coming into the fight. Shogun fan boys are even saying shogun had a problem with cardio for the fight etc, no he had a problem with elbows hitting him in the face.
                            Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            I'd love to have some video evidence of the shit that used to go on in my primary school 30 years ago. Remember one teacher whose weapon of choice was a hurl, and he was expert enough at it to avoid broken bones, and the possibility of a hospital visit being necessary.
                            They were allowed to do it then right? I know it was banned in the 80s (before I was born), but i've always wondered how far they were allowed to go? Was it purely their call?

Comment

Anyone here played Alan Wake? Amazing game. If your a fan of Twin Peaks or David Lynch its based off it.

Comment

That void has never quite been filled.
                                You owe me

Comment

1942, Bombjack, Green Beret, Commando, Donkey Kong and Ghosts n Goblins are all absolute Spectrum and Arcade classics and are also on that site

Comment

Anyone been watching Mrs Brown's Boys? I know it's not exactly high brow humour, but there's some great laughs in there. The best thing about it is that it's all filmed live in front of an audience, and in one take. So when things go wrong, O'Carroll always stays in character and produces some great moments. This bit in the latest one had me pissing myself:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1WkdgO5NUI[/ame]
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZXNMs8D-Ow&[/ame]

Comment

Bubble bobble, gtfo, gets boring so fast

Goldeneye was the one of the first epic FFS games. Halo and Gears have taken it to a new level, but Golden eye was the first of its kind. The sequel was Perfect Dark, a better game actually but fail to do as well as it wasn't a Bond game.

Metal Gear series is probably one of my favs of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Goldeneye was the one of the first epic FFS games. Halo and Gears have taken it to a new level, but Golden eye was the first of its kind. The sequel was Perfect Dark, a better game actually but fail to do as well as it wasn't a Bond game.

LOL Mellor...

You're obv a bit younger than me and Danny, so when Bubble Bobble was out, we didn't have Golden Eye type games. The first first person shooter i remember was called Operation something or other.

Bubble Bobble was an arcade classic and every 8-12 year old spent all their hard earned pocket money trying to clock it!

Comment

bubble bobble's a classic. i member least 10 lads from street round at mine, fighting ova the c64 joystick to get a crack at it, hours/days/weeks o fun

brag:after 3 years of trying ship irish open seat

Comment

Golden eye was the first of its kind
                                              Ruh roh, PC vs console fanboy war incoming! Goldeneye was the first game to make FPS playable on a console... Wow what an achievement that was.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Stars down for anyone?

Comment

STARS DOWN?

anyone on stars? or can check for me. ive 8 sngs open ffs it froze

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZeCjNeyEkY[/ame]

Comment

ipoker and FT down for anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        This is just a level.

Comment

Mrs Flusdraw pleas give the hubbie a big kiss from me.

1942, Bombjack, Green Beret, Commando, Donkey Kong and Ghosts n Goblins are all absolute Spectrum and Arcade classics and are also on that site
                                                          Green beret,commando and Ghosts and goblins were class.
                                                          I actually pulled out my spectrum 48k(+ with the hard keyboard) at the weekend at my parents gaff, it worked perfectly after hooking up the origional cassette player and all. All the gear hadn't been out of the box for at least 7 years but worked first time no probs.
                                                          I played ghosts and goblins and green beret with my boys on Saturday funnily enough, they found the loading sequence bizarre.

I've over 300 games for the spectrum at my parents, and am looking forward to the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                            anyone on stars? or can check for me. ive 8 sngs open ffs it froze
                                                            Aye, was on the bubble too. Definately dead by now, will pop them an email

Edit back now, 5 bbs gg!

Gone again FU stars
                                                            Last edited by nuxxx; 22-03-11, 00:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Oh my fucking sides......such a laugh
                                                              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Facebook Poker down?

Comment

Originally posted by nuxxx View Post
                                                                  Aye, was on the bubble too. Definately dead by now, will pop them an email

Edit back now, 5 bbs gg!

Gone again FU stars
                                                                  my "hud" is up.
                                                                  network wont connect though.
                                                                  do they refund for turbo sngs when this happens?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Did you drop Rigsby - if so good move, he was holding you back.
                                                                    He is my older brother. Considerably older.

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                      my "hud" is up.
                                                                      network wont connect though.
                                                                      do they refund for turbo sngs when this happens?
                                                                      no idea, u on eircom?

Comment

mmmmm

all poker sites go down at the same time. Back now
                                                                        Eircom testing blocking software for future use?

Comment

Here you go Stars people:

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                            bubble bobble's a classic. i member least 10 lads from street round at mine, fighting ova the c64 joystick to get a crack at it, hours/days/weeks o fun

brag:after 3 years of trying ship irish open seat
                                                                            Fair play to ya Feargal!

Still have great memories of the good old C64. The great escape swallowed up months of my time when it came out for some reason. And Rockstar ate my hamster

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                            This is just a level.
                                                                            Still a great laugh
                                                                            Last edited by Four of a Kind; 22-03-11, 00:19.
                                                                            NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

WWhen I was a kid I bought Commodore 64 games at a school fair thinking that they'd work in my cassette player at home. I had no idea how they'd work, or how I'd see what was going on, but they were cheap, so I bought them.

When I tried to play them, all that happened was an awful lot of high pitched noises.

A disappointing game to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                mmmmm

all poker sites go down at the same time. Back now
                                                                                Eircom testing blocking software for future use?
                                                                                Might be eircom but how would you be able to post? ipoker has been fine for me all evening fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post

Still a great laugh
                                                                                  Ever see this one of him...Epic stuff.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGn_EfG2KTI&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Comment

College Lolitics

Pathetic stuff all round.

Comment

I'd no probs at all on Stars the last 30 minutes, are all of ye UPC or Eircom or something? I'm Vodafone (but connecting through their old Esat BT server I think).

Comment

I actually pulled out my spectrum 48k(+ with the hard keyboard) at the weekend at my parents gaff, it worked perfectly after hooking up the origional cassette player and all. All the gear hadn't been out of the box for at least 7 years but worked first time no probs.
                                                                                        I played ghosts and goblins and green beret with my boys on Saturday funnily enough, they found the loading sequence bizarre.

I've over 300 games for the spectrum at my parents, and am looking forward to the next visit!
                                                                                        Ah i had the 48k rubber keyboard! We only sold ours about 2 months ago with 2200 games. End of an error, but it was rotting in the attic and the money was better in my folks pocket than sitting in the attic!

We used to copy games and swap them with blokes all over the world. I remember the old days where you'd get a list of about 200 games from someone, pick 12-14 from it and then they do the same from you. Copy the games and post them. My dad used to let me choose 2 football games each time

We used the M1 interface to copy games so maybe 70% of the games i had were copies. Ah the good old days

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                          Might be eircom but how would you be able to post? ipoker has been fine for me all evening fwiw.
                                                                                          maybe they're just blocking poker sites?

Seems strange that both my ipoker and FT site went down at the same time as Stars went down for others.

Comment

Mrs Flusdraw pleas give the hubbie a big kiss from me.

ya still have my c64,got the one with the laser gun + the dodgy platoon/batman games came with it. ended up with heaps of pirated sticky tape ova the top of cassete games, used ta love the last ninja, ye ar kung fu, commando, turrican, paperboy, like fecking hell how innocent were days when we'd get kicks outta playin a game gettin newspapers into letterboxes
                                                                                            Last edited by Midnitekowby; 22-03-11, 00:41.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                              Aye, seen you and Tylerdurder i think it was chatting about it the other day. Several episodes in and im loving it from ep1. How the hell did this go under the radar so long coach Tai-lor!
                                                                                              Clear eyes full hearts cant lose!

Originally posted by playuppompey pompeyplayup View Post
                                                                                              the inbetweeners 2seasons, always sunny in philadelphia , dexter 5 seasons, prison break 4seasons, peep show 7 seasons,
                                                                                              You are off your rocker Prison Break turned crap about half way into Season 2 and just continually was bad but I was a sucker and stuck with it.

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                              anyone who doesn't think The Wire is the GOAT TV show is just wrong. I don't care if its your opinion you're just wrong
                                                                                              Bubbleking you be crazy

Originally posted by playuppompey pompeyplayup View Post
                                                                                              first couple of seasons of 24 has to be up there with the best
                                                                                              Aye was pretty good got dodgy around 4&5&6

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                              Re: TV shows.

Was all the talk about 'Community' here a giant level I fell for? I'm up to episode 20, and I've laughed once. I know I've been a bit grumpy of late, but other than realizing Chevy Chase is still alive ( I really thought he died a while back), I'm not getting the love
                                                                                              You are dead on the inside!!!

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              I got to eight episodes before I realised I was the victim of a sick joke.
                                                                                              Surprised you didn't like it but you are also dead on the inside!
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                maybe they're just blocking poker sites?

Seems strange that both my ipoker and FT site went down at the same time as Stars went down for others.
                                                                                                Ye and it looks like the others are on Eircom. Never thought I'd say it but UPC ftw!

Comment

LOL Mellor...

You're obv a bit younger than me and Danny, so when Bubble Bobble was out, we didn't have Golden Eye type games.
                                                                                                  Ah I know, was only taking the piss out of you old fellas
                                                                                                  Older games I remember an liked were Streets of rage, golden axe in the arcade/sega and Flimbos quest on the C64

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                  Ruh roh, PC vs console fanboy war incoming! Goldeneye was the first game to make FPS playable on a console... Wow what an achievement that was.
                                                                                                  It's not a PC v console debate.
                                                                                                  It's a goldeneye was epic debate.
                                                                                                  I never said it was the first FPS. By its kind I meant the stealth element instead of free for all, ans well as the fact that it took it to a whole new level. It wasn't the first on a console afaik.
                                                                                                  Doom and Quake were obviously around earlier, and the Quake engine was used for a long time. But the games were just blast everything in sight type play. GE was 12 months later and was a big leap forward

Quake (1996)

Goldeneye (1997)

Comment

Eircom piss-assin around again.

Comment

Ah piss off.
                                                                                                      A huge amount of people were saying he wasn't ready for the title shot, 1.6 is too short etc. He was stil ranked at no.5 in the world coming into the fight. Shogun fan boys are even saying shogun had a problem with cardio for the fight etc, no he had a problem with elbows hitting him in the face.
                                                                                                      Of course he would of still been ranked in and around 5-10 before the fight as he had yet to fight a top 5 LHW fighter. He was still touted as a future champ after his first few fights in the UFC. It was question of when and not if he became a champ.

The world didn't have to wake up to see how good he was, everyone could see it. Fan boys are fan boys for a reason, they'll make any excuse they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                                        Fair play to ya Feargal!

Still have great memories of the good old C64. The great escape swallowed up months of my time when it came out for some reason. And Rockstar ate my hamster

Still a great laugh
                                                                                                        holy shit rock star ate my hamster!!!!! Class, remember it well, trying to manage eddy quicksilver, always goin for the cheap ones who'd end up wrecking dressin rooms, i even remember the cover sleeve with all the dodgy jokes, great memories

Comment

Ah i had the 48k rubber keyboard! We only sold ours about 2 months ago with 2200 games. End of an error, but it was rotting in the attic and the money was better in my folks pocket than sitting in the attic!

We used to copy games and swap them with blokes all over the world. I remember the old days where you'd get a list of about 200 games from someone, pick 12-14 from it and then they do the same from you. Copy the games and post them. My dad used to let me choose 2 football games each time

We used the M1 interface to copy games so maybe 70% of the games i had were copies. Ah the good old days
                                                                                                          I had a few copies but most of my 300 games are origionals.

Do you remember the sheet that came with jetsetwillie with the colour coded grid that you had to use to start up the game?
                                                                                                          Basic antitheft stuff but very effective!

Comment

This is great.

I LIKE GOING ONTO MY FRIENDS FACEBOOK PAGE, TAKING PHOTOS OF HIM, CHANGING HIS FACE SLIGHTLY THEN PUTTING THEM BACK UP ON FACEBOOK. HE DOESN'T LIKE ME DOING THIS.

Comment

God bless the UCD SU (of which I once attempted to be a part of, unsucessfully thankfully). It's terrifying to see the names of some of the blindingly incompetent muppets who were involved when I was there still in SU jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                                Of course he would of still been ranked in and around 5-10 before the fight as he had yet to fight a top 5 LHW fighter. He was still touted as a future champ after his first few fights in the UFC. It was question of when and not if he became a champ.

The world didn't have to wake up to see how good he was, everyone could see it. Fan boys are fan boys for a reason, they'll make any excuse they can.
                                                                                                                Yeah i agree totally. But I think your missed my point.
                                                                                                                Everyone knew he was going to be champ one day. And your right it was a case of when.
                                                                                                                But a lot of people thought it wasn't yet, he's only 23 etc.
                                                                                                                Everyone saying lump on shogun, 5/2 is a ridic price. Even Dana said this.

My point was that I was saying that his time was now, he will win etc. And even I was surprise how easy he made it.

The down side to him winning was the instant flood of Jones v Silva talk, its nonsense imo

Comment

I had a few copies but most of my 300 games are origionals.

Do you remember the sheet that came with jetsetwillie with the colour coded grid that you had to use to start up the game?
                                                                                                                  Basic antitheft stuff but very effective!
                                                                                                                  think i member my mate had a spectrum and he had this trick where it would talk back whatevr u typed in;endless streams of curse words ftw obv

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                                                    ye ar kung fu, paperboy
                                                                                                                    Still have those at my parents, i'd forgotten about them!

Another fav was Shinobi.

Comment

The first first person shooter i remember was called Operation something or other.
                                                                                                                      Operation Wolf

Comment

Mo hop on gmail chat there

Comment

Wolfenstein was the first one I played. Scared the shit out of me when I was younger too, which is weird to think as when you play it now it's so cartoony and not at all scary
                                                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X