Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
      ya same as and wire was my 1st boxset, loved it..

watching sopranos now from start on sky atlantic+boardwalk empire
      I think I'll check out Prisoner Cell Block H next, I should be finished The Wire in the next day or two. Haven't heard anything about it but I see a few peops have thanked your post so that's going next on my list, ty.

Comment

Holy shit. First game of football in about 3 years and I feel like I'm fucking gonna die. Same again next week though.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          I got to eight episodes before I realised I was the victim of a sick joke.
          GET OUT.
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
            Have to big up Misfits again here. Sounds carppy but is so stylishly made and really dark humour-one of my fav shows for sure.
            +1

Misfits was just what television needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
              I think I'll check out Prisoner Cell Block H next, I should be finished The Wire in the next day or two. Haven't heard anything about it but I see a few peops have thanked your post so that's going next on my list, ty.
              Download and watch before looking it up online or checking out youtube. Spoilers everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                lol, kool, ya gotta warn ya its real old skool aussie womens prison, gets piss pulled of it a bit but real great storylines, specially during the bea smith v freak days.

dont think itd be it'd be too easy got online, used to be on late night utv back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                  Download and watch before looking it up online or checking out youtube. Spoilers everywhere
                  this made me think of another great series, the only one i've ever watched on acid (and made a point of it), but so worth it: The Prisoner (unfortunately there was only one series ever made)

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

lol, kool, ya gotta warn ya its real old skool aussie womens prison, gets piss pulled of it a bit but real great storylines, specially during the bea smith v freak days.

dont think itd be it'd be too easy got online, used to be on late night utv back in the day

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-03-11, 22:11.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        Just finished The Big Short by Michael Lewis. Fascinating look inside the financial crisis and how Wall Street works. "if you were to just read one finance book this year..."

Just finished reading this, really good book.
                        Unbelievable what went on in the big wall street firms,crazy shit.

Good shout Hitch.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                              Although I have made a new bff in CHD.
                              Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              <3
                              Did you drop Rigsby - if so good move, he was holding you back.

Comment

Any fans here of Deus Ex aka the greatest f'n game of all time (Bar Mario 3)? Looking at footage of the third game here and I really don't know what to make of it, I don't think they'll ever even come close to the first game but something about what I've seen of it is making me think this'll be a real let down, and I'm not entirely sure why
                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

If they call me for interview, which presume they will, guess i'll have to prepare the old acetates, or perhaps scratch my thoughts on a bit of slate.
                                  Might be worth pming Zuutroy on how they do things there, before you go investing in slate [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Slate-Place-mats-Square/dp/B003HIPRGY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1300745656&sr=8-9[/ame]
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

ah excellent, glad you enjoyed it! Lewis is some writer.
                                    Couldn't put it down once i started, it read like a thriller not a finance book.

Its a sobering read though,and the similarities to what went on in this country,Anglo etc is scary.
                                    Degens dressed in suits basically!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                      Any fans here of Deus Ex aka the greatest f'n game of all time (Bar Mario 3)? Looking at footage of the third game here and I really don't know what to make of it, I don't think they'll ever even come close to the first game but something about what I've seen of it is making me think this'll be a real let down, and I'm not entirely sure why
                                      Never played the first one. But am looking forward to this one. Maybe it's just the memories of the game that can't be beat.

Also +1 on Mario3

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Did you drop Rigsby - if so good move, he was holding you back.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                            Never played the first one. But am looking forward to this one. Maybe it's just the memories of the game that can't be beat.

Also +1 on Mario3
                                            I'd seriously recommend the first one if you like the look of this one, yeah it's graphically dated but it is just an absolutely immense game. I hope this ones good, did you play the second? It was just a very average dumbed down version of the first, I just hope the third isn't along similar lines
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Comment

I'd seriously recommend the first one if you like the look of this one, yeah it's graphically dated but it is just an absolutely immense game. I hope this ones good, did you play the second? It was just a very average dumbed down version of the first, I just hope the third isn't along similar lines
                                                Nope. Never played em. And that is weird cause I've played alot games. Think I might DL the first one and give it a spin.

Also trying the think of the GOAT game. So hard to pick I mean comparing Ocarina of time and half-life would be madness.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOohGnCkWIQ&feature=related[/ame]

A quick flavour with some TV critics opinions. I was a big fan when it was showing on UTV during the 80s on a Sunday night. Highly recommended but with almost 700 episodes be warned it'll take years to watch if you get sucked in!

Comment

Anything exciting happen in here for the last few days?

Non sport related as I had acess to all of that!

I took the family to my parents for a few days,and watched the boxing with my dad on Saturday night.

The boxers are are being introduced into the ring and I head off to the jacks, my dad says don't be long as you'll miss the entire fight, I come back and he insists that it'll be over in the first round. "worst mismatch i've ever seen" he says.

My dad's a big boxing fan and i'd take his opinion on any fight,alas no internet in my folks gaff and no foresight to get on the phone to get the bet placed for me.

Anyone know the price for 'big bang' to get rumbled in the first round?

I must say that I was really rooting for him regardless, he seems like a really nice bloke and I hope he comes back stronger from it.
                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Richard Gale interview.

The one who got powerbombed

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__IjcLVBBYc&feature=player_[/ame]

Comment

Nope. Never played em. And that is weird cause I've played alot games. Think I might DL the first one and give it a spin.

Also trying the think of the GOAT game. So hard to pick I mean comparing Ocarina of time and half-life would be madness.
                                                        Yeah so many different genres would just make it impossible. I'm not a huge gamer so I'm really not qualified to give an answer but my contenders would be...Monkey Island 1 or 2, Mario 3, Deus Ex, Metal Gear Solid and Under A Killing Moon. Oh and Grim Fandango. And probably loads of others. Choosing would be almost impossible...

Comment

FF7 is up there as well.

Comment

Yeah so many different genres would just make it impossible. I'm not a huge gamer so I'm really not qualified to give an answer but my contenders would be...Monkey Island 1 or 2, Mario 3, Deus Ex, Metal Gear Solid and Under A Killing Moon. Oh and Grim Fandango. And probably loads of others. Choosing would be almost impossible...
                                                            FF7 is up there as well.
                                                            Keane wins the thread - FF7 is the greatest game on any console to date.

This may be passed out if Battlefield 3 lives up to expectations

Comment

Street Fighter 4/2 turbo. FFVII, Mario 3, Sim City 4, Half-life 2, COD 4, Fallout New Vegas, F-Zero, Secret of Mana, jesus I could go on and on.

Suppose it's bit like music. No real games coming up that are wowing me. This looks interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDqfAJxekPU&feature=fvst[/ame]

Comment

Ridiculous how anal americans are - wtf with the 'security guard' in walmart trying to kick him out - presumably so they can go back to listening to announcements about 'In Line 3 right now you can get 25% off bacon lard'.

btw was filling out the DCU lecturer application earlier and its a bit lolbad. They actually want it handwritten (if their form is anything to go by, as its not possible to type stuff without it looking like a mess) and then send it to them by post. If there wasn't a heavily pregnant young lady somewhere in Dublin relying on me, etc... If they call me for interview, which presume they will, guess i'll have to prepare the old acetates, or perhaps scratch my thoughts on a bit of slate.
                                                                The head of my course still uses acetates...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                  Keane wins the thread - FF7 is the greatest game on any console to date.

This may be passed out if Battlefield 3 lives up to expectations
                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yFZZdYrVw[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Richard Gale interview.

The one who got powerbombed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Ijc...eature=player_
                                                                      No Sympathy for bullies.

Pity the lad who got bullied didnt drive him through the ground.

Its appalling to think anyone would even give him a bit of sympathy.

Comment

FF7 is up there as well.
                                                                        No other game has ever come close for me.

Comment

who the hell lets their 12 year old kid get his eyebrow pierced?

Comment

No other game has ever come close for me.
                                                                            Zelda a link to the past? Half-Life 1/2 Metroid.

I admit FF7 is an amazing game. But I couldn't put it ahead of a any others because so many games are so graet in so many different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                              The head of my course still uses acetates...
                                                                              Not me. I had embedded video of Diego Forlan's goal against Ghana among my Powerpoint lecturing material!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                Anything exciting happen in here for the last few days?

Non sport related as I had acess to all of that!

I took the family to my parents for a few days,and watched the boxing with my dad on Saturday night.

The boxers are are being introduced into the ring and I head off to the jacks, my dad says don't be long as you'll miss the entire fight, I come back and he insists that it'll be over in the first round. "worst mismatch i've ever seen" he says.

My dad's a big boxing fan and i'd take his opinion on any fight,alas no internet in my folks gaff and no foresight to get on the phone to get the bet placed for me.

Anyone know the price for 'big bang' to get rumbled in the first round?

I must say that I was really rooting for him regardless, he seems like a really nice bloke and I hope he comes back stronger from it.
                                                                                Dunno the price for the first round, but was in the pub with a mate & he got 9/2 on ko in first 3 rounds (on my advice - which i didnt follow )

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvWcEcmjtds"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvWcEcmjtds[/ame]

Comment

Zelda a link to the past? Half-Life 1/2 Metroid.

I admit FF7 is an amazing game. But I couldn't put it ahead of a any others because so many games are so graet in so many different ways.
                                                                                    I'm probably just biased. I woke up one xmas morning to a PS1 and FF7 and have been in love ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                      No Sympathy for bullies.
                                                                                      Such a minor incident really.

I'd love to have some video evidence of the shit that used to go on in my primary school 30 years ago. Remember one teacher whose weapon of choice was a hurl, and he was expert enough at it to avoid broken bones, and the possibility of a hospital visit being necessary.

Always angered me that the most aggressive teachers would always pick on the most vulnerable kids available. The ones they knew their parents wouldn't notice a few bruises.

Though I do remember one case where one teacher miscalculated, and one lad's dad walked down to the school and decked the teacher in the schoolyard. Love to have a youtube of that
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

new one

wwe are making some good use of twitter
                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                          No Sympathy for bullies.

Pity the lad who got bullied didnt drive him through the ground.

Its appalling to think anyone would even give him a bit of sympathy.
                                                                                          That clip was ridic alright, pretty clear that there's no remorse and the angles used just seem made up.

In saying that, he's only a kid and needs to be protected from all the hate that's coming his way.

They're both children and judging from that clip i'd doubt his homelife is anything but stable.

The great thing about this clip going viral is that it'll make parents more aware of what might be going on at school and hopefully encourages other victims of bullying to stand up for themselves.

To hear a kid their age mentioning that he contemplated suicide(Casey) is absolutely shocking.
                                                                                          Hopefully awareness has been raised because of it among parents and teachers.

Comment

I'm probably just biased. I woke up one xmas morning to a PS1 and FF7 and have been in love ever since.
                                                                                            Same with me and Megaman x4

How the fuck could I leave Megaman out, he's my fucking avatar

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

A quick flavour with some TV critics opinions. I was a big fan when it was showing on UTV during the 80s on a Sunday night. Highly recommended but with almost 700 episodes be warned it'll take years to watch if you get sucked in!
                                                                                              ya i was a real nightowl as a kid, think it used be on b4 nwa wrrrestling with ric flair, have a heap of them on vhs, guilty pleasures

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                Wbbv needed.

Are we still allowed to post here or is it the BBBV thread now

Comment

FF7 is GOAT imo.

Grim Fandango and Little Big Adventure 1+2 (I prefer 2) were also class games.

Metal Gear Solid also.
                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

IMO the best game of all time is Portal. I'm as much into retro gaming, in fact I've never really wanted to do anything else than play computer games all day since I got my frist NES. But Portal is a work of art from start to finish. I can't say that about any other game. It really is an incredible experience.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                      FF7 is GOAT imo.

Grim Fandango and Little Big Adventure 1+2 (I prefer 2) were also class games.

Metal Gear Solid also.
                                                                                                      Metal Gear Solid is the fuckin nuts. Playing Mgs4 still atm..

My favorite game as a kid was a game called Medieval for the Ps1. Loved it.

Comment

I love the Metal Gear series, I even managed to get through the 80s ones that were released on some crazy Japanese computer and they're mind blowing for the time they were released. But I gotta say, I was very let down by 4...Except for the one bit where you go back to Shadow Moses, that was brilliantly done...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                          IMO the best game of all time is Portal. I'm as much into retro gaming, in fact I've never really wanted to do anything else than play computer games all day since I got my frist NES. But Portal is a work of art from start to finish. I can't say that about any other game. It really is an incredible experience.
                                                                                                          A game so short and simple. But so brilliant. With number 2 around the corner I really hope they don't fuck it up. Although it is Valve making it so you know they wont.

Comment

Four words.
                                                                                                            Jet set fkin willie. Old school baby.

My 8 year old is into fable in a big way.

He's just finished a 22 page story entitled 'Albion: a story based on Fable the game'

His teacher called me over when I was collecting him from school today and was positively gushing(insert proud dad smilie here).
                                                                                                            Last edited by dannydiamond; 21-03-11, 23:30.

Comment

Comment

And games as works of art?

I give you Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

Comment

Defo enjoyed Portal WAY more than FF7 - played both within a month of them being released (years apart, obviously!). I've PC-gamed way more than console-gamed and am a complete PC snob at this stage; Baldur's Gate is probably the best game I've ever played, most young console owners probably have never heard of this legendary game!

Comment

Comment

Looks fucking Amazing. Been waiting so long for it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg[/ame]

Comment

Fable is amazing. I keep meaning to buy Fable2 but still haven't. It must be 2 years since I've actually played a game that requires putting some time and effort into it. GTA 4 was the last one I think. I still haven't even played Red Dead even though I know I'd love it.

Comment

Starcraft as well was amazing. Such a great game. Red Alert 2 if not just for the theme song.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X