Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for a new TV show, ideally something with more than 2 seasons complete.

Already watched

West Wing
    Sopranos
    The Wire
    Lost
    Oz
    Mad Men
    The Shield
    Breaking Bad
    Californication
    Entourage
    Band of Brothers/The Pacific
    Boardwalk Empire
    South Park/Simpsons/Family Guy

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      According to Facebook he is ill get well soon Solks and start posting again as we all know you are lurking (like Icarus)
      I really don't get lurkers, if your bothered enough to lurk why not join in.
      Profit before people.

Comment

15 minutes left to vote for anyone interested in a champions league fantasy football match. Only two votes between CHD and Hectorjelly, no girls allowed obviously

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Recommendations for a new TV show, ideally something with more than 2 seasons complete.

Already watched

West Wing
          Sopranos
          The Wire
          Lost
          Oz
          Mad Men
          The Shield
          Breaking Bad
          Californication
          Entourage
          Boardwalk Empire
          Generation Kill - only 6 episodes
          Corner- Wire prequel again only 6 episodes
          Deadwood - 3 seasons
          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
            Deadwood - 3 seasons
            Seen the first 2, but will add Deadwood to the list. tyty

Comment

I've been harping on about it for years now kev but Friday night lights is definitely worth a watch.

Comment

Already watched

West Wing
                Sopranos
                The Wire
                Lost
                Oz
                Mad Men
                The Shield
                Breaking Bad
                Californication
                Entourage
                Boardwalk Empire
                have you seen mad dogs? 4 parts excellent"
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  I lurked for months before I ever started posting. It's pretty hard joining a new forum like this where lots of people know each other IRL. Although I have made a new bff in CHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                    I've been harping on about it for years now kev but Friday night lights is definitely worth a watch.
                    Thank You! I knew there was one show I'd been meaning to get going on that had a good few seasons.

Comment

'The Trip' was a very good series this year Kev. Only six episodes but well worth the watch.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Just love this pic. [NSFW=][/NSFW]
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

'The Trip' was a very good series this year Kev. Only six episodes but well worth the watch.
                          Seen that when it was on, yep very good alright. Problem with DLing and watching so much TV is often trying to think of new stuff to get (often end up rewatching The West Wing)

Comment

Already watched

West Wing
                            Sopranos
                            The Wire
                            Lost
                            Oz
                            Mad Men
                            The Shield
                            Breaking Bad
                            Californication
                            Entourage
                            Boardwalk Empire
                            Big Love/Brotherhood/Battlestar Galactica/Rescue Me/Friday Night Lights/Supernatural/Nip Tuck/Numbers

Yeah a little strange but I can understand reasons to just lurk over getting involved, it can be pretty daunting to just jump.
                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                              Big Love/Brotherhood/Battlestar Galactica/Rescue Me/Friday Night Lights/Supernatural/Nip Tuck/Numbers

Cant believe I left out BSG from my list of stuff I'd watched, top notch. FNL is on the list, seen a lot of the others, must check out Numbers.

Comment

Already watched

West Wing
                                Sopranos
                                The Wire
                                Lost
                                Oz
                                Mad Men
                                The Shield
                                Breaking Bad
                                Californication
                                Entourage
                                Boardwalk Empire
                                dexter hasn't been mentioned nor spartacus for sure. both well worth a watch

Comment

Some new Batman news pretty happy about his

The speculation is over and sometimes, rumors are true. Variety is reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is indeed playing Alberto Falcone, son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) in Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight Rises. We knew that Gordon-Levitt was cast in the film in early February and we speculated that the role could be Falcone a few days after. Carmine Falcone was a major villain in Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins and his son, Alberto, is believed to be Holiday, the main villain in one of Nolan’s favorite and most referenced Batman stories: The Long Halloween.
                                  The speculation is over and sometimes, rumors are true. Variety is reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is indeed playing Alberto Falcone, son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. We knew that Gordon-Levitt was cast in the film in early February and we speculated that the role could…

Joining Tom Hardy as well should be pretty awesome, forgot he was in Black Hawk Down just rewatched that last night.

In tv news for The Walking Dead.

Preparations are under way for a darker, bloodier season two of The Walking Dead. And now it seems that series producer/creator Frank Darabont may bring in his old compatriot Stephen King to write an episode. During a Walking Dead panel at C2E2 in Chicago over the weekend, actress Laurie Holden dropped word that Stephen King would be writing an episode.
                                  Preparations are under way for a darker, bloodier season two of The Walking Dead. And now it seems that series producer/creator Frank Darabont may bring in his old compatriot Stephen King to write an episode. During a Walking Dead panel at C2E2 in Chicago over the weekend, actress Laurie Holden dropped word that Stephen King…

Comment

Cant believe I left out BSG from my list of stuff I'd watched, top notch. FNL is on the list, seen a lot of the others, must check out Numbers.
                                    FNL is brilliant, Numbers is pretty solid as well, check out Southland/Party Down/Community/Modern Family/Sleeper Cell

Comment

Right lads, Question.... Best TV show of all time?

League of Gentlemen by a million miles for me.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post

Definitely "Leave it to Mrs O'Brien".

Comment

Only a couple of weeks ago somebody mentioned The Good Wife on here. I had heard the name but it sounded like something I would never watch. So when somebody mentioned it was quite good and a legal drama I said I'd give it a go. I have to say I've been impressed. Its only just coming to the end of its second season but I recommend it.
                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            dexter hasn't been mentioned nor spartacus for sure. both well worth a watch
                                            Yep seen them both

West Wing
                                            Sopranos
                                            The Wire

In that order

Comment

As someone who was a lurker for a year, it was more laziness than anything else that stopped me posting. The BBV is a great read, even if you're not contributing to it. It's like all of the internet condensed into one handy thread. There's not much that happens in terms of news, sport, tv and just funny pics/videos that doesn't get covered in here.

It took the lure of a Snake trophy to finally get me to sign up.. Once I finally obtained that, I said fuck it, might as well join in! Have to say it's quite good fun!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                Only a couple of weeks ago somebody mentioned The Good Wife on here. I had heard the name but it sounded like something I would never watch. So when somebody mentioned it was quite good and a legal drama I said I'd give it a go. I have to say I've been impressed. Its only just coming to the end of its second season but I recommend it.
                                                Agree, a very good show, and surprisngly so

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                  Aye, seen you and Tylerdurder i think it was chatting about it the other day. Several episodes in and im loving it from ep1. How the hell did this go under the radar so long coach Tai-lor!

Comment

prisoner cell block h

Comment

i love criminal minds,does that count?

Comment

Already watched

West Wing
                                                        Sopranos
                                                        The Wire
                                                        Lost
                                                        Oz
                                                        Mad Men
                                                        The Shield
                                                        Breaking Bad
                                                        Californication
                                                        Entourage
                                                        Boardwalk Empire
                                                        Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 21-03-11, 20:57. Reason: miles too late

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                          Deadwood - 3 seasons
                                                          didnt know there's a wire prequel, any use?? links??

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                            prisoner cell block h
                                                            Great choice. Love that fuckin show.

Comment

Already watched

West Wing
                                                              Sopranos
                                                              The Wire
                                                              Lost
                                                              Oz
                                                              Mad Men
                                                              The Shield
                                                              Breaking Bad
                                                              Californication
                                                              Entourage
                                                              Boardwalk Empire
                                                              the inbetweeners 2seasons, always sunny in philadelphia , dexter 5 seasons, prison break 4seasons, peep show 7 seasons,

Comment

Already watched

West Wing
                                                                Sopranos
                                                                The Wire
                                                                Lost
                                                                Oz
                                                                Mad Men
                                                                The Shield
                                                                Breaking Bad
                                                                Californication
                                                                Entourage
                                                                Boardwalk Empire
                                                                Fringe and Community

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                  I believe Friday night lights is the nuts(according to here anyway)
                                                                  I'm about to light that one up.
                                                                  awesome series- gutted it's over!!!

Comment

anyone who doesn't think The Wire is the GOAT TV show is just wrong. I don't care if its your opinion you're just wrong

Comment

first couple of seasons of 24 has to be up there with the best

Comment

I'm currently going through the Yes Minister/Prime Minister boxset and it's as funny and relevant now as it ever was.Really funny show.

Comment

Don't see Deadwood on that list, its second only to the Wire.

Treme is great just one season so far.

Big love is worth a look.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                            As someone who was a lurker for a year, it was more laziness than anything else that stopped me posting. The BBV is a great read, even if you're not contributing to it. It's like all of the internet condensed into one handy thread. There's not much that happens in terms of news, sport, tv and just funny pics/videos that doesn't get covered in here.

It took the lure of a Snake trophy to finally get me to sign up.. Once I finally obtained that, I said fuck it, might as well join in! Have to say it's quite good fun!
                                                                            Found it funny that you didn't mention poker in this post, shows how far the thread has moved on from it's original purpose
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Comedy gold.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2F4ZWTjwTU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                  anyone who doesn't think The Wire is the GOAT TV show is just wrong. I don't care if its your opinion you're just wrong
                                                                                  The West Wing rules all

Comment

Currently watching the last season of The Wire, top class imo but I haven't watched nearly as many TV shows as some folk, I don't mind being behind the times but know I'll enjoy catching up on some the others that get mentioned around here.

Comment

The League of Gentlemen is gick.

Comment

Ross Kemp: Extreme world starting in a couple of mins on Sky1. Usually a very good watch.

Comment

awesome series- gutted it's over!!!
                                                                                          Excellent, can't wait to give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            The League of Gentlemen is gick.

Comment

Blackmarket Ireland is about to start on TV3 about the Smithfield fair.

Comment

I would also throw Rome in their for you to watch Kev. one of my favourites and as a HBO show you will get your fill of gore and titties

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                  Excellent, can't wait to give it a go.
                                                                                                  i'm assuming you've watched hard knocks already? i'm a big casual fan (if that makes any sense) of american football, but i have to say that series (all 7 of them) blew me away (and taught me a hell of a lot about the game and how good these guys are)

Comment

Kev Friday Night Lights without doubt! 5 excellent seasons. Freaked its over.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                      I lurked for months before I ever started posting. It's pretty hard joining a new forum like this where lots of people know each other IRL. Although I have made a new bff in CHD.
                                                                                                      <3

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                        Currently watching the last season of The Wire, top class imo but I haven't watched nearly as many TV shows as some folk, I don't mind being behind the times but know I'll enjoy catching up on some the others that get mentioned around here.
                                                                                                        ya same as and wire was my 1st boxset, loved it..

watching sopranos now from start on sky atlantic+boardwalk empire

Comment

Apologies if posted earlier

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxfwQSjfB0[/ame]

Comment

saw a 4 part show called martina coles The Take recently was a good watch

Comment

Seinfeld. Then Curb your enthusiasm.
                                                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Re: TV shows.

Was all the talk about 'Community' here a giant level I fell for? I'm up to episode 20, and I've laughed once. I know I've been a bit grumpy of late, but other than realizing Chevy Chase is still alive ( I really thought he died a while back), I'm not getting the love
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Already watched

West Wing
                                                                                                                  Sopranos
                                                                                                                  The Wire
                                                                                                                  Lost
                                                                                                                  Oz
                                                                                                                  Mad Men
                                                                                                                  The Shield
                                                                                                                  Breaking Bad
                                                                                                                  Californication
                                                                                                                  Entourage
                                                                                                                  Boardwalk Empire
                                                                                                                  also forgot to mention "misfits". really quirky english superhero series, it's one of those that just gets better and better. 2 full short series so far. well worth it.

Comment

i'm assuming you've watched hard knocks already? i'm a big casual fan (if that makes any sense) of american football, but i have to say that series (all 7 of them) blew me away (and taught me a hell of a lot about the game and how good these guys are)
                                                                                                                    Nope, i'll put it on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

Was all the talk about 'Community' here a giant level I fell for? I'm up to episode 20, and I've laughed once. I know I've been a bit grumpy of late, but other than realizing Chevy Chase is still alive ( I really thought he died a while back), I'm not getting the love
                                                                                                                      I got to eight episodes before I realised I was the victim of a sick joke.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        I got to eight episodes before I realised I was the victim of a sick joke.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Have to big up Misfits again here. Sounds carppy but is so stylishly made and really dark humour-one of my fav shows for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X