This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    Good article here on High Frequency Trading.

think i've said it before, but Wired magazine is just the best read out there at the moment. Easily 20-30 fascinating ideas per magazine and it costs next to nothing for a year's subscription. Have spent the last few hours being bombarded with just some brilliant ideas for the cost of about £2.
    Like how to cut your own hair?
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

People are watching England - Scotland? LOL.

Comment

I was thinking more specifically about the article on how to fight off a pitbull
            I read that one too. Horrible thought. I'd feel a bit squeemish about poking it's eyes out and it may just bite harder but has to be done.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                People are watching England - Scotland? LOL.
                I'm enjoying it tbh.
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

If she isn't doing her job that's a different issue, but even this stuff on Tallaght is blown out of the water. It's not like she can actually keep personal tabs on whether people are doing the work they say they are doing. Hospital management fully to blame imo.
                  This latest Tallaght scandal is a huge vindication of her work. Before her the hospital would have been able to bury the whole thing until al involved were pensioned off.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lol at the BBC coverage of the Engerland Scotland game mentioning the Calcutta cup every 2 mins

proper old trophy and all that but any season England were in running for championship or grand slam the Calcutta hardly gets a mention

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                      anyone here go to that dinosauer exhibition at the ambassador theatre

was thinking of bring the kids tomorrow but its a long ould haul and if it was no good i would be fairly pissed off
                      from what i've heard, yes the dinos are good but you're done in 10 minutes and not worth the money.

Comment

Good god score the fùcking goal Arsenal please.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Going to watch The Slammin' Salmon tonight. Any seen it? Maybe save me two hours if its no good
                          I'd say your enjoyment will be directly proportional to how stoned you are

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18DTgw_Tojk[/ame]

Young Irish band who are pretty good. Went to see them in button factory last weekend and was surprised how much I enjoyed the gig not knowing any of their stuff beforehand.

Opr

Comment

I was thinking more specifically about the article on how to fight off a pitbull
                            i was taught when i was a kid, by the local travelling community in a small village in france, that when faced with a vicious dog (now in those days pitbulls weren't around so can't be sure if it applies also), you need to kneel and put your hands together as if you were praying, and when the dog attacks, he will naturally jump at you. when he does, you separate your hands between its front legs and cave in its shoulder blades in, which more or less crushes its heart and kills him.
                            I've never had to put it in practice though, as the only time i was attacked by a crazy dog i ran like hell, and when he was about to bite me i froze, and he carried on running to bite my friend.
                            Last edited by shrapnel; 13-03-10, 19:23. Reason: spelling

Comment

ffs Arsenal.

Comment

KEEPER!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  ffs Arsenal.
                                  TY new BBV.

Comment

Never in doubt. I'm actually worried how much of a man crush I have on Bendtner
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                      Never in doubt. I'm actually worried how much of a man crush I have on Bendtner
                                      Did you see when he changed his number from 26 to 52 at the start of the season he said "I'll give anyone a refund who put my name on the back of their jersey".

Reckon he still owes that €50 to his ma?

Comment

LOL, the second I finally find a stream working and Arsenal score...

Comment

BENDTNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I love him more.

Comment

anyone have any good links for the golf ??
                                            You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Weird one for the BBV, maybe someone knows.

We want to get a personal alarm for my mother, who lives alone.
                                              So if for any reason something happens and she can't get to a normal phone, she can press this buzzer and some 3rd party company will ring a series of provided family and neighbours phone numbers in a predetermined order of priority until its gets one of us to respond.

Anyone know of such a service?

Comment

Comment

definitely exists. My Nana has one, I'll find out the name and get back to you on it.

Comment

Doesn't Eircom phone watch do something like that ? (Could be completely wrong)

City Of God on ch4 later.

Opr

Comment

It would probably be cheaper to hire a permanent polish maid to tend for her.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Any word on how your footballers are doing tonight kev??????
                                                        "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Weird one for the BBV, maybe someone knows.

We want to get a personal alarm for my mother, who lives alone.
                                                          So if for any reason something happens and she can't get to a normal phone, she can press this buzzer and some 3rd party company will ring a series of provided family and neighbours phone numbers in a predetermined order of priority until its gets one of us to respond.

Anyone know of such a service?
                                                          Would this do?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-03-10, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Would this do?
                                                              I'd say you've triggered a few of these over the years, ya tomb raider

Comment

god i never want to be old

Comment

or at least that old

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                    or at least that old
                                                                    dont let eddie hear you say that

Comment

You can probably guess the outcome ... yep; his girlfriend! He's 25 and she's 38.
                                                                      My kinda guy
                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-03-10, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                        Any word on how your footballers are doing tonight kev??????
                                                                        Last word was Limerick 0-6 Waterford 1-8.

That came from AnFearRua forum, so cant say for certain if its accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          Last word was Limerick 0-6 Waterford 1-8.

That came from AnFearRua forum, so cant say for certain if its accurate.
                                                                          Yas won by a point in the end. 1-11 1-12...great win away from home to.
                                                                          "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Anyway, i'm eliminating that stuff from my diet at the moment (no need to be putting extra pressure on the brain with psychoactive substances really) but like to dabble occassionally.
                                                                            Occasional smoker these days myself. Mate got this stuff called King B from one of the head-shops that he said I should give a go. Honestly don't think I have ever smoked anything in Ireland that was so good. Very strong stuff tho as was only sprinkling a tiny dusting of it in each J and it was more than enough.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                              Occasional smoker these days myself. Mate got this stuff called King B from one of the head-shops that he said I should give a go. Honestly don't think I have ever smoked anything in Ireland that was so good. Very strong stuff tho as was only sprinkling a tiny dusting of it in each J and it was more than enough.

Opr
                                                                              some of the head shop stuff is very very strong.

Smoke XXX is pretty decent, but I wouldn't compare it to the real deal.
                                                                              Never heard of King B, perhaps a trip is necessary before they're shut for good!

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                                Yas won by a point in the end. 1-11 1-12...great win away from home to.
                                                                                Yep, smashin stuff. Puts us in with a great shout of promotion now.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                    Never heard of King B, perhaps a trip is necessary before they're shut for good!
                                                                                    You will get a trip thats for sure

First time I have had mad full on raving munchies in ages. Could not stop eating lol

Opr

Comment

Actually since we got into this, something I wanted to ask the BBV.

In Amsterdam your not allowed to smoke tobacco in pubs but you are allowed to smoke Joints I think as long as they are pure weed. Why is that ?

Could the same thing not be replicated in Ireland's particular state ? Could someone not open up a head-shop with a coffee area in which you can smoke weed as long as its pure ?

Opr

Comment

It's been said ad-nauseum but the idea of favoring alcohol over the likes of marijuana (in moderation!) is absolutely ridiculous, even just on a scientific basis.
                                                                                        Yeah, it's often the very same people who frown upon poker and gambling in general. Yet have no problem with massive gambols on property, land or shares.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Actually since we got into this, something I wanted to ask the BBV.

In Amsterdam your not allowed to smoke tobacco in pubs but you are allowed to smoke Joints I think as long as they are pure weed. Why is that ?

Could the same thing not be replicated in Ireland's particular state ? Could someone not open up a head-shop with a coffee area in which you can smoke week as long as its pure ?

Opr
                                                                                          Is to do with the proven risks of second hand smoking of tobacco. Essentially, the exact same law as here regarding smoking tobacco in places of work.

MJ is a different kettle of fish in that regard

Comment

How so? In that it hasn't been studied enough and is therefore not proven?

Comment

...

Comment

So in theory the same situation could exist at the moment in Ireland in which someone could open up a bar that allows patrons to use legal high stuff under the same ground as MJ in Amsterdam ?

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

If it hasn't been studied enough then why is it banned? The only reason it was banned in the first place is because of religious reasons, there was never a scientific basis for the ban.
                                                                                                    Religious reasons?

Comment

The only reason it was banned in the first place is because of religious reasons, there was never a scientific basis for the ban.
                                                                                                      Never looked into it, though I always assumed it was banned 'cause it was just too much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        Great buzz in the jackpot for the charity tourney. I got outplayed by Westlife two hands in a row early on and decided then to play 99 about as badly as it would be possible to play them against Doke's aces and busto before the break.
                                                                                                        Can I ask, was that you sitting beside Christy Smith?

Comment

...

Comment

So in theory the same situation could exist at the moment in Ireland in which someone could open up a bar that allows patrons to use legal high stuff under the same ground as MJ in Amsterdam ?

Opr
                                                                                                            BBV head shop/cafe imo. We can get 3 months out of it. Although i've pretty much never partaken in any of the legal highs on the premise that if they're legal they can't be that good.

Comment

If it hasn't been studied enough then why is it banned? The only reason it was banned in the first place is because of religious reasons, there was never a scientific basis for the ban.
                                                                                                              Didnt the origin of the banning of it come from the states where it was banned as a way to make hemp illegal!???

Banned in US then everywhere else for various health reasons!?
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 13-03-10, 22:02. Reason: *hard to make sense when multi tabling

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                                                    Can I ask, was that you sitting beside Christy Smith?
                                                                                                                    No I think Christy was on the table behind me, I was on Table 3.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-03-10, 22:14.

Comment

banned in the US for the same reason, no? the original puritanical protestants thinking it would get in the way of people working 20 hours a day...

(my understanding of this is a bit limited tbh. just remember hearing about it when Jamaica were planning to legalise marijuana on account of its use in the rastafarian religion. There was a few review articles of why it was banned worldwide at that time.)
                                                                                                                      lol it definitely would.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                          Yes. Didn't bother my ass shaving = don't give a f**k in my book. The only saving grace is its a recruitment agency and those guys are generally wasters.
                                                                                                                          Balls to that.
                                                                                                                          Beards are the way forward
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X