Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in getting a game of werewolf going? Ive never played and looks like it would be a bit daunting to play on 2+2 as a noob. Nominate Ste to mod obviously..

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
      Any interest in getting a game of werewolf going? Ive never played and looks like it would be a bit daunting to play on 2+2 as a noob. Nominate Ste to mod obviously..
      what is it exactly??

havnt been online in ages - anybody have cliff notes of the last week or so?

Comment

The Basic Rules of Werewolf

Overview:
        The citizens of a small village one morning wake up to discover that there are werewolves in their town! If something is not done, the entire village population will be eaten!

Teams:
        There are two teams, werewolves and villagers. In the standard game on werewolf side there are the werewolves. They all know each other, and may communicate with each other at night (see below). On the villager side you have the villagers, the seer, and sometimes other roles (see below). The werewolves win by eliminating enough people so that they make up half of the players in the game. The villagers win by eliminating all the werewolves.

Turn Structure - The game alternates between two phases, a Day phase and a Night Phase:

* Day Phase - During the day, the village gets together to discuss and decide who might be a werewolf! Everyone votes who they think is a werewolf (votes may be changed at any time during the day). In most games, Day has a fixed length of time, and whoever has the most votes when the time runs out is lynched. In many games, Day ends early if one player has a majority of the votes, and he is lynched immediately. The mod then reveals his role in the thread, as they will with all dead players.
        * Night Phase - During the night phase, the werewolves decide who they are going to eat! They are allowed to communicate privately outside the main thread to make this decision. Normally werewolves are not allowed to communicate privately during the day. Also, anyone with a special role (such as seer or angel) gets to act during the night as well.

Roles - The following are the most common roles seen in werewolf games:

* The Villager - anyone who is a regular villager is trying to lynch all the wolves during the day, and has no action at night. They win if all the wolves are dead, even if they are dead themselves.
        * The Werewolf - Werewolves talk and vote during the day just as villagers. At night they collectively choose a victim. A werewolf will win if there are as many werewolves as other people remaining in the game and like the villager, it doesn't matter if you are alive or not at the end.
        * The Seer - During the day the seer talks and votes just like the villagers. At night, a seer is allowed to determine the role of any one townsperson. The seer is on the villager side and has the same winning conditions.

Comment

I'll mod it if you's want, I've played it a fair bit on another forum, it's good craic actually. If there's enough people interested I'll start a thread somewhere for people to sign-in and get a game going.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
            I'll mod it if you's want, I've played it a fair bit on another forum, it's good craic actually. If there's enough people interested I'll start a thread somewhere for people to sign-in and get a game going.
            Yea thats why I nominated you, seemed far more interesting than the weird game the forum was set up for.

Comment

cool sounds like fun - sign me up

Comment

Yea thats why I nominated you, seemed far more interesting than the weird game the forum was set up for.
                LOL, it is really cool, and I'd say the games with Poker forum users would be really interesting once they get going and people develop strategies etc... and there's a bit of history with how people play the games. It's actually a brilliant suggestion for here.

I'll give it a little time to stew in here and then start a thread this evening sometime. Then wait until we have at least 12 people and start a game.

I'll probably just throw it into Gambling for now, but if it takes off I'm sure we can set-up a forum to keep it all tidy.

Comment

In HM how do i include full ring in the positional stats - its just giving me 6-max positions.
                  ty

Comment

SPOILER
                    Ste is obv the bastardin' werewolf
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Wow i hadnt actually listened to all that Crystal Swing song before, cracks me up! Next best thing out of Ireland is Crystal Swing
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                        In HM how do i include full ring in the positional stats - its just giving me 6-max positions.
                        ty
                        It groups them into conventional FR groups. EP is utg and utg+1, MP is everything to CO.

Comment

always nice even if you dont get paid off

Absolute/UB Cereus Hold'em, $30.00 BB (8 handed) - Absolute/UB Cereus Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($1670)
                          SB ($1155)
                          BB ($1000)
                          UTG ($1020)
                          Hero (UTG+1) ($3610)
                          MP1 ($1515)
                          MP2 ($1000)
                          CO ($3279)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9, 9
                          1 fold, Hero bets $90, 5 folds, BB calls $60

Flop: ($195) Q, J, 10 (2 players)
                          BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($195) 8 (2 players)
                          BB bets $285, Hero calls $285

River: ($765) 10 (2 players)
                          BB checks, Hero bets $292, 1 fold

Total pot: $765

Results:
                          Hero mucked 9, 9 (straight flush, Queen high).
                          Outcome: Hero won $765

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t00MXZKbW0M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t00MXZKbW0M[/ame]

A bit of Neil Young for this saturday afternoon.
                            One of his best acoustic songs off prob his best album 1978's Rust Never Sleeps which also includes the great Hey Hey, My My and Powderfinger

This is such a good song for anyone thats not too familar with it it is worth googling the lyrics. Really great lyrics touching on some deep stuff. Leaving friends behind etc.
                            Personal favorite..."when the aimless blade of science slashed the pearly gates" such a great summing up of the decline in religious belief in logical thinking people.

I had the pleasure of seeing him in Malahide Castle on a warm sunny evening in June 2008.
                            The guy is the same age as my dad 64ish and still rocking and wrecking a stage and still relevant.
                            Not some parody of himself touring to make money when he is way past the peak of his powers like some of his peers from that era. My all time favorite solo artist.

Comment

[QUOTE=tylerdurden94;29206]Wow i hadnt actually listened to all that Crystal Swing song before, cracks me up! Next best thing out of Ireland is Crystal Swing [/QUOTE

they'll give donna and joe a run for their money !!

Comment

[quote=copperface;29214]
                                Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                Wow i hadnt actually listened to all that Crystal Swing song before, cracks me up! Next best thing out of Ireland is Crystal Swing [/QUOTE

they'll give donna and joe a run for their money !!
                                Own up, who were you before? Great username.
                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Willie Clynes is my hero

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                      Nell McCafferty better hope she can resurrect the late Johnnie Cochrane of O.J. Simpson fame to defend her in her libel trial! Just about her only possibility of getting out of this with a penny left to her name.

Won't post the specific allegations obv - but i'd say it would be one of the highest forms of libel.

????

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                        ????
                                        For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Anyone here watch a show called Archer? Can be found online...I've seen the first few episodes of it and it is absolutely fantastic, one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. It has the woman who plays Lucille Bluth in Arrested Development in it, that alone should be enough reason to watch it...
                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

good fuck I just googled myself and has anyone ever heard of this site: www.123people.co.uk??

It has a whole profile on me along with 5 pics of "me", 2 actually are me (1 my FB profile pic) and another one from some Poker tournament I played in and then 3 other random punters, 2 of which I recognise from the same tournament and another AFAIK is a completel randomer?? It also somehow knows I have an iPhone???

EDIT: Also good man P_L watching the interview now...
                                            LOL, the 2 profile pics it shows of me are Padraig Parkinson and Paul Marrow. No sign of me in there anywhere. It obviously trawls the social networking sites, and gets info from there. Me not having a profile on any of them is a big hindrance to them it seems.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                Anyone here watch a show called Archer? Can be found online...I've seen the first few episodes of it and it is absolutely fantastic, one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. It has the woman who plays Lucille Bluth in Arrested Development in it, that alone should be enough reason to watch it...
                                                That's Strewelpeter on board anyway

Comment

Comment

Won't post the specific allegations obv - but i'd say it would be one of the highest forms of libel.
                                                    PM Please, google isn't being cooperative.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Inski

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MRu8N2K0NY&feature=related[/ame]
                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Comment

Is betfair on the blink for anyone?

Its not showing any bets or positions on any markets for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                            Is betfair on the blink for anyone?

Its not showing any bets or positions on any markets for me.
                                                            Yep same, very annoying on a Saturday afternoon!

Edit: Working now.
                                                            Last edited by The Situation; 13-03-10, 15:48.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Got a sweet body check today.

Playing football.

With friends.

He still can't remember it.

Still sweet though.

Comment

Anyone looking for headphones these get great reviews and it looks like a amazing deal. I think it may even be a misprice instore as they are around $250 online.

I spotted a post in the Headphones & Portable Audio Devices forum about these. Curry's are selling these for €39.98.

Opr
                                                                Last edited by Opr; 13-03-10, 15:58.

Comment

Earls has been immense

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    something about somebody being an alco and having had treatment for it. not sure who it concerned tho.
                                                                    I thought it was something that mattered. AFAIK she hasn't been drinking for a long time.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

In 2 days of playin rush poker i've gotten AA 53 times, QQ 59 times and JJ 53 times... -

Comment

this french pr!ck is trying his best to bring wales back into it

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                          this french pr!ck is trying his best to bring wales back into it
                                                                          Ref is South African

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            Ref is South African
                                                                            DOH!! self pwnage there

Comment

In 2 days of playin rush poker i've gotten AA 53 times, QQ 59 times and JJ 53 times... -
                                                                              no KK atall atall??

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

anyone here go to that dinosauer exhibition at the ambassador theatre

was thinking of bring the kids tomorrow but its a long ould haul and if it was no good i would be fairly pissed off

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Fitz (Round Of Each)..€15+5..4R/T.................20mins............4R/3R+1T rebuys 1000/1500/2000/3000T......8.30pm
                                                                                  Anyone know if this is still on in the Fitz tonight?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15KNZGcOS4s[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shN3_PCnPoU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waHrxROTYQs[/ame]
                                                                                    Last edited by BrianByrne; 13-03-10, 16:37.
                                                                                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                      anyone here go to that dinosauer exhibition at the ambassador theatre

was thinking of bring the kids tomorrow but its a long ould haul and if it was no good i would be fairly pissed off
                                                                                      It got a velociraptorus reception from the critics when it opened.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousdavid View Post
                                                                                        Anyone know if this is still on in the Fitz tonight?
                                                                                        Technically yes, but I don't think it ever gets enough runners to start. The 125FO is generally the only tournie there on a Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                          no KK atall atall??
                                                                                          yea but not as many times

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            Technically yes, but I don't think it ever gets enough runners to start. The 125FO is generally the only tournie there on a Saturday.
                                                                                            How many runners does the 125 normally get?

Comment

30-50 depending on what else is on. I'll be heading in anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                30-50 depending on what else is on. I'll be heading in anyhow.
                                                                                                Will head in myself and play the 125 if the other one doesnt run

Comment

A friend of mine once told me that a certain woman who may or may not have liked a drink, and before her marriage, had a couple of painters in and, well, had a couple of painters in. And that one of them was in the wrong 'un too.

Comment

who the fuck is crystal swing?
                                                                                                    some sort of jedward character i presume?

Comment

Link for the Arsenal game. American commentating do a little funny so far just before kick off

Comment

It amazes me the intelligents of some people - some chap just left a brand new tv/stand/dvd player outside neighbours house - instead of a) leaving it in another house or b) leaving a note sayin he called and a number to call.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                                                                                          who the fuck is crystal swing?
                                                                                                          some sort of jedward character i presume?
                                                                                                          Jedward are awesome compared to this shower. And I'm not a Jedward fan.
                                                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

It amazes me the intelligents of some people - some chap just left a brand new tv/stand/dvd player outside neighbours house - instead of a) leaving it in another house or b) leaving a note sayin he called and a number to call.
                                                                                                            doh!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                who is co commentating the england v scotland match?
                                                                                                                George Hamilton and Mark McDermott

Comment

would you not bring it in your house for safekeeping and ....?
                                                                                                                  FYP

Better you have it than some thieving scumbag!!

Comment

it was just resting in my eh house

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Sickening head on collision in the Scotland match, England are brutal!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X