This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    I must be the only IPBer with absolutely no interest in Cheltenham! I'm sure it would be awesome to be at the course for the week though, have many people gone over? I hope everyone makes tons of money though, lets take from the bookies and pump it back into the poker economy

Feck me, 2nd week of getting up at 7.40am to get to work by 9am, it is as tough as I imagined it would be. Humans just shouldn't be awake between the hours of 5am - 10am, those are the witching hours IMHO.

I wonder if durrrr is going to visit the office today?
    Nope you aren't the only one I also have zero interest in it Obviously if he does turn up pics with and IPB something or other.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    Bloody eircom let me down last night, big red light on the router, first time in about 3 years though so cant complain too much.

Those Japs are pretty on the ball going by this, early warning system for earthquakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU1bY...layer_embedded
    I thought you couldn't do early warning detections for earthquakes?
    Last edited by tylerdurden94; 15-03-11, 10:15.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      Nope you aren't the only one I also have zero interest in it Obviously if he does turn up pics with and IPB something or other.

I thought you could do early warning detections for earthquakes?
      I left my IPB badge at home! Otherwise I'd stick it on him and take a photo, damn the consequences

Comment

I must be the only IPBer with absolutely no interest in Cheltenham!
        Nope you aren't the only one I also have zero interest in it
        +2

Comment

I left my IPB badge at home! Otherwise I'd stick it on him and take a photo, damn the consequences
          Damn!

I could do with a new baseball cap if you see some lying around could you kindly pick me one up, please and thank you

Comment

I thought you could do early warning detections for earthquakes?
            Couldent ?

Correct, maybe it should be called rapid detection system instead !
            This too shall pass.

Comment

I also have no interest in the horses. Mainly because I know nothing about them. If there are any good tips il back them because I like easy money but thats about the hight of it.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                Couldent ?

Correct, maybe it should be called rapid detection system instead !
                Yeah sorry that's what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                  I also have no interest in the horses. Mainly because I know nothing about them. If there are any good tips il back them because I like easy money but thats about the hight of it.

+1

Comment

Poker de Sivola in the cross country ew for me today @ 4pm.
                    12/1(PP) seems a decent price to me for a 2010 festival winner from a stable that gears towards the festival.
                    8 year old with a light weight and a good jockey in Katie Walsh who won on him last year.
                    My concerns are the lack of experience on this course and the poor record of British based trainers in the race.

Comment

Any sightings of durrrr yet? Anyone know what he is here for?

Comment

Saffers on ropes 95/4. C'mon Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          Yeah and it is great they help people but there will always be people to help even though there will never be enough, essentially (imo) these nuns are brainwashed and believe in a zombie who is his own father, their lives are taken from them so they can worship that shite and do some good the odd time.

Delighted there is feck all young people stupid enough to get into it. It is horrible that people give up their lives for it.

Only good religion does is give old people false hope, which comforts them.

Is women giving up their lives here to be nuns really worth it, even if they helped 100k people. No imo.
                          Read
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Just doing a HEM review from the weekend and found this hand. Such a mistimed toilet break/tea break/baby waking break or whatever

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 1250/2500 Blinds (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t129298)
                            CO (t38965)
                            Button (t61162)
                            SB (t29749)
                            BB (t60374)
                            UTG (t40960)
                            UTG+1 (t14361)
                            MP1 (t148387)
                            Hero (MP2) (t28086)

Hero's M: 7.49

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A
                            2 folds, MP1 bets t5000, 3 folds, Button calls t5000, 2 folds

Flop: (t13750) 10, 2, 4 (2 players)
                            MP1 bets t10000, 1 fold

Total pot: t13750

Results:
                            MP1 didn't show
                            Outcome: MP1 won t16000

Comment

Got a little laugh out of the woaman in front of me at the airport today. She got to security and he goes your flight left yesterday she got her dates mixed up. To top it all off she was american.
                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Anyone booking Olympic tickets? Tickets on sale from today. I'm thinking the second week would be cool. Some boxing, basketball, and athletics and maybe some gymnastics for the missus. Build in some judo, weightlifting or cycling around that for the craic if the timetable allows. Shame the rugby 7s isn't in until 2016.

Id probably bring a motor home and stay in a campsite to keep the costs down.

Anyone else planning a trip over?
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Whilst I wouldnt become a priest or a monk I think that those who do for the right reasons should be commended. I fully admit to being just too selfish to give so much of myself away for no real profit. My lack of religion is probably another deciding factor.

There are nuns who used to run the private hospital where my Dad does some of his private rooms and they are now admitadly ancient but they ran the place for years taking nothing for themselves and providing the bedside care to elderly patients who were basically checked in with no real chance to get out in anything bar a coffin. In our current health system this type of care is not given and it provides not only comfort to the patient but excellent support to the family. It is certainly not a job you could pay me enough to do and they did it for free. Even if christianity is a crock I think they have themselves well covered in the whole Karma thing overall.

I highly rate nuns and I feel that they are much less corrupted as then their male counterparts but there are bad stories out there I know. I think it is a shame that the order is dying out tbh.

Comment

Cool post for anyone still clued in on the Bank Bailout situation

SPOILER

It was all going swimmingly until they identified Lucinda Creighton as the person behind the quote. Bleugh

Comment

Ireland have quite simply been the best thing about this Cricket World Cup - Porterfield's piece of fielding today examplified it best, 100% commitment & making 100% of their ability

Get Behind your country here as we try to turn over one of the world's best sides! Come on Ireland

Anyone stuck in work can listen here to some rather entertaining commentary

Welcome to the world of free sex dating sites, where like-minded adults can explore their desires and connect with others seeking casual encounters. These platforms provide a safe and discreet space for individuals to embrace their sexual freedom without judgment or commitment. Whether you’re looking for one-night stands, friends with benefits, or simply exploring your […]

Comment

Can't remember seeing this mentioned in the BBV but I can't believe it was missed (maybe it was mentioned while I was in Austria recently) - I finally got around to reading the most recent Bluff magazine over the weekend and gotta broadcast my respect for Ciaran Corbett getting in the digs on IPBers in his article on Irish news! Had to LOL at his description of Downtown and danutpeddler as 'life partners', epic
                                        Afaik publishing something that incorrectly implies or states a persons sexuality can be defamatory resulting in damages.

Comment

Originally posted by loosecannon View Post
                                          Ireland have quite simply been the best thing about this Cricket World Cup - Porterfield's piece of fielding today examplified it best, 100% commitment & making 100% of their ability

Get Behind your country here as we try to turn over one of the world's best sides! Come on Ireland

Anyone stuck in work can listen here to some rather entertaining commentary

www.testmatchsofa.com
                                          I'd like to commend you on your marketing skills btw. Have seen posts from you here and all over boards.ie pimping the cricket, yet you've managed to grab the attention of the audience by having a soccer "star" talking in the soccer forum, rugby stars in the rugby forum etc etc.

Some fine shilling, and none of it OTT.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            Anyone booking Olympic tickets? Tickets on sale from today. I'm thinking the second week would be cool. Some boxing, basketball, and athletics and maybe some gymnastics for the missus. Build in some judo, weightlifting or cycling around that for the craic if the timetable allows. Shame the rugby 7s isn't in until 2016.

I haven't even thought about it to be honest - for some reason it doesn't seem to me like attending live would be that much of an improvement over watching on TV, unless your countrymen / women are competing or you know the competitors yourself. Actually, that might be a reason to check out the rowing, there usually are a few Irish crews and we sometimes have a chance (less so when China enters never-before encountered crews, who win and then are never heard of again, more suspicious than an Irish horse cough cough cough), one of my younger brother is good friends with some of our rowing Olympians.

Are the tickets expensive? London is so expensive to visit at the best of times, it will be outrageous next summer surely? Obviously one of the top cities in the world though, I don't begrudge the expense too much, wouldn't mind living there for a few years actually

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              If the sun were a nuclear reaction, it would have to be further away. Since it is made from coal, 500 miles is about right.
                                              amazing
                                              landoverbaptist is so much the nuts
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                Afaik publishing something that incorrectly implies or states a persons sexuality can be defamatory resulting in damages.
                                                Hmm, I've no idea if Bluff Magazine have deep enough pockets to be worth pursuing in this regard!

Next post 1,000 - probably should hold off posting till tonight and give ye something nice to look at?

Comment

yeah I'm applying for a couple of days of athletics and the footie final. I'm treating my mam as she is a huge sports fan and will love this. Kinda screws up any plans for debauchery with kinky cockney chicks but thems the breaks. I tried to be smart and book flights and hotel online already but no joy .

does anyone have good knowledge of London tell us of any decent spots to stay along the tube line that the Olympics will be on.

Comment

I was hoping there'd be an 'Arena ticket'. Something which would allow you to stroll from the Velodrome to the table tennis centre, then drop into the weightlifting hall to lol at steriod addicts, watch a bit of badminton for lunch and then catch a few zzzzzs in the squash hall.

But it seems more regimented than that, you have to book an exact session for a particular sport and all look quite pricey.

Comment

Hmm, I've no idea if Bluff Magazine have deep enough pockets to be worth pursuing in this regard!

Next post 1,000 - probably should hold off posting till tonight and give ye something nice to look at?
                                                      lol posting yourself winning the bounty game is not something we want to look at

Comment

think iam going to stick my 10euros on hurricane fly
                                                        this could be the start of something big

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Yeah I dunno if people took me seriously at the time but I'm genuinely getting tickets for the beach volleyball.

Have one friend nailed on to go and another couple of interested parties so should be golden

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                              Sheamus is the new United States Champion!
                                                              SPOILERS PLEASE

SPOILER
                                                              actually that was always gonna happen, especially the I'll quit if I dont win. At least he'll have a mania match, where he'll drop it again
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Why is everything coming up as "Suspended" when I try to log into Cheltenham bets on Betfair on the phone?

Anyone else having problems?

Comment

Yeah I dunno if people took me seriously at the time but I'm genuinely getting tickets for the beach volleyball.

Have one friend nailed on to go and another couple of interested parties so should be golden
                                                                  Make sure to specify on the ticket application that you want this
                                                                  SPOILER

and not this

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                    Saw the world beach volleyball competition in Blackpool last year. Great fun and the eye-candy is quite arresting!
                                                                    I don't see how apparently intelligent men would sit in the Womens beach volleyball drooling over women who are probably disgusted by ya

Personally I'd be going to the mens

1. you don't look like a drooler
                                                                    2. Better sport
                                                                    3. Sitting in a stand surrounded by drunk horny women
                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 15-03-11, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      Make sure to specify on the ticket application that you want this
                                                                      SPOILER

and not this

SPOILER
                                                                      ldo

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            I was hoping there'd be an 'Arena ticket'. Something which would allow you to stroll from the Velodrome to the table tennis centre, then drop into the weightlifting hall to lol at steriod addicts, watch a bit of badminton for lunch and then catch a few zzzzzs in the squash hall.

But it seems more regimented than that, you have to book an exact session for a particular sport and all look quite pricey.
                                                                            +1 on this. ticket prices seem pretty dear tbh. wanted to bring the kids, but the way it's set up, sessions seem to be between 1.5 to 2 hours long and cost roughly 100 for a family of 4 for the prelim days, and over 200 for the QF and above.

i remember going to Barcelona 92 and had a great time doing exactly what you mention. The fact it was barcelona and there was "chocolate" aplenty made it even better!!!

Comment

ok people someone tell me what 4 legged donkey I need to put money on today so I can walk around college like a boss for the next month

Come on now I give you plenty of GAA bets

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                I don't see how apparently intelligent men would sit in the Womens beach volleyball drooling over women who are probably disgusted by ya

Personally I'd be going to the mens

1. you don't look like a drooler
                                                                                2. Better sport
                                                                                3. Sitting in a stand surrounded by drunk horny women
                                                                                Jesus that's so far beyond taking beach volleyball too seriously I don't know how to react to it.

Comment

Jesus that's so far beyond taking beach volleyball too seriously I don't know how to react to it.
                                                                                  :cough:
                                                                                  Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                  3. Sitting in a stand surrounded by drunk horny women *

*This week I will mostly be hiding the punchlines
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 15-03-11, 12:08. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                    ok people someone tell me what 4 legged donkey I need to put money on today so I can walk around college like a boss for the next month

Dunguib each way in champion hurdle imo
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

hurricane fly ftw
                                                                                      then use your free bet coupon from the paper to back cue card

least thats what i did so as a rule of thumb these two horses are destined to loose

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

save your money for Big Zeb tomorrow
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                                                          Sheamus is the new United States Champion!
                                                                                          No need for the spoilers. They only confuse the target audience of 7 year olds.
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm on a 50/1 shot in the opener Rathlin. Small e/w
                                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

is it worth lumping the 16 quid in my PP account on Cue Card to give me a roll to put on other horses later today?
                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                I'm on a 50/1 shot in the opener Rathlin. Small e/w
                                                                                                if you done that in pp you will get your money back if cue card wins

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                  hurricane fly ftw
                                                                                                  then use your free bet coupon from the paper to back cue card

least thats what i did so as a rule of thumb these two horses are destined to loose
                                                                                                  What paper was that on?

Comment

if you done that in pp you will get your money back if cue card wins
                                                                                                    Aye having a gamble, might put a few more outsiders on. Watch CC come 2nd.
                                                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                      is it worth lumping the 16 quid in my PP account on Cue Card to give me a roll to put on other horses later today?
                                                                                                      1: withdraw the 16quid
                                                                                                      2: put another 14snots with it
                                                                                                      3: open boyles betting a/c online
                                                                                                      4: lodge the 30snots to your new a/c
                                                                                                      5: recieve an added 60 glorious yoyo's for degenerecy

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                                        What paper was that on?
                                                                                                        the sun free bet was for laddies but you must spend another 10er aswell
                                                                                                        pretty sure all the papers would have free bets in them for the festival

Comment

the sun free bet was for laddies but you must spend another 10er aswell
                                                                                                          pretty sure all the papers would have free bets in them for the festival
                                                                                                          obviously a bit of punctuation would have made this sound alot better
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          but meh

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                            Aye having a gamble, might put a few more outsiders on. Watch CC come 2nd.
                                                                                                            a lot of places are refunding str8 win bets of Cue Card doenst win

Comment

Good day so far.

Shipped my first proper job! Starting Monday

Now if Sunnyhillboy @ 10/1 and Dunguib @ 16/1 can find a way to win it'll be the perfect day

Comment

When placing an E/W bet, your total stake will be double the amount you enter in the stake box. Accumulator (6)
                                                                                                                2 lines at €0.50 per line
                                                                                                                Total stake for this bet: €1.00
                                                                                                                Potential returns: €7,111.71

one time....
                                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I wish I were a horses man, it must be sooo exciting. I almost always watch Cheltenham and bet on it out of deference to the gambling occasion that it is. To make up for my lack of knowledge about horses I am a lucky punter. You can't buy that.

So expect falls, lightening strikes, excessive whipping expulsions, tsunamis, and wizardry to make the following happen:

1:30 Spirit Son (money back if CC wins)
                                                                                                                  2.05: Dan Breen e/w
                                                                                                                  3:20 Overturn e/w (lol)

I also had a dream last night of the evolutionary past when horses were about a foot high and they were racing with Action Men on them. Then I had been given the power to revolutionise horse racing and I made the rule that races were of unknown randomised length which would be decided during the race and the finish indicated by a horn. At that point the winner was declared to be whichever horse was in 2nd place.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                    I wish I were a horses man, it must be sooo exciting. I almost always watch Cheltenham and bet on it out of deference to the gambling occasion that it is.
                                                                                                                    This exactly. I know nothing about horses but I always get involved with Chelt as there's such a great buzz around it.

Comment

At the office without TV, where perchance, would I be able to watch the Cheltenham festival online?

Comment

if rte are showing it you can watch it online
                                                                                                                        48

Comment

Anyone got 30$ PPfor my 30$ stars?
                                                                                                                          Last edited by MegaSin; 15-03-11, 16:53.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X