• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    ty

So, how are you?
    Good. you?

I was eating crisps earlier and wanted some cola but unfortunately I am out of decent fizzy drinks. Grabbed some diet cola that I bought in error a while ago to see if it would do the job, it didn't.

So I only had a few sips of it.
    Just noticed that it has gone all weird and split.

Best before date is May 2011, though it was opened ages ago and then left sealed for the couple of months, it looks fine in the bottle.

Looks like I'm cooking heroin here:
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I am good.

I have Pepsi, Lucozade and Red Lemonade and have had no problems with them. They are all very enjoyable too.

Comment

Well that is good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I will start work on your election campaign tomorrow probably.

Comment

I've laid the groundwork for plausible deniability regarding my junk habbit.

Comment

I have just started on the campaign now actually. Election poster to be exact.

Comment

Good work, keep it in the can for a while. I have to go for a bit, might be back in a while.

Comment

Comment

Ughh back in work after 3 weeks off.

On the plus side I just got handed a letter saying I'm after getting a 2.5% pay rise.

Probably doesn't cover what I'm down with the USC.
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post

Jesus wept.
                      I used to live right beside there.

Wonderful marketing, that's how to target your audience aggressively.

Will be an example in Leaving Certificate Business Studies textbooks for years to come.

Comment

Where is that pub?

Low life scumcunts should be charged with inciting racial hatred or the like. If that bullshit isn't a crime it should be.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Marino/Fairview. Right beside Barcode.

Feeds the Ballybough area well.

65 screens, looks like a bookies inside. Actually does a lot for the locality though.

Comment

All royalty are parasites.
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Where is that pub?

Low life scumcunts should be charged with inciting racial hatred or the like. If that bullshit isn't a crime it should be.
                              Beside Meagher's in Fairview/Ballybough. It's a massive pub that I (used to) go to before Dublin games during the Championship.
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Players lounge is also the place where the bouncers and some lad smoking got shot, supposedly over a certain republican group being disgruntled that it was not offered the security contract for the place.... coincidence.

Also I believe it is owned by Anthony Stokes dad, bought for him by his son.
                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  Marino/Fairview. Right beside Barcode.

Feeds the Ballybough area well.

65 screens, looks like a bookies inside. Actually does a lot for the locality though.
                                  Yea socially responsible pubs are very a la mode. All the grandchildren of the washed up mid 40's alco's get nice logos on their chavball shirts.

Comment

Jesus fucking Christ sp your attitude is pretty horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                      oh i feel like vomiting , i bubbled in the ukipt sat!!!!

carlo took me out!
                                      Finally after all that flirting!

*going by sad face it wasn't what she expected

Yea socially responsible pubs are very a la mode. All the grandchildren of the washed up mid 40's alco's get nice logos on their chavball shirts.
                                      Someone piss in your cornflakes this morning?

Comment

The death of actor Sean Connery this morning came as a huge shock to me, but it's made me realise how this website is a primary source of news to many people.

Which is why you just believed me that Sean Connery is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                          The death of actor Sean Connery this morning came as a huge shock to me, but it's made me realise how this website is a primary source of news to many people.

Might have worked if it wasn't you posting it.

Comment

With only Wallace on the bench as cover we're in trouble.

This is why McFadden or Trimble need to be on the bench as they cover more of the backline.
                                            Neither particulairly suited to full back. You cant just toss a winger in and hope for the best. At the moment Duffy should be taken down from Connaught, I know he isn't quite as exciting and plays for the wrong provience but he can catch a high ball, run a decent counter line and tackle. Safe enough and I reckon our best choice right now. Paddy Wallace shouldn't be let near the bench tho. Covering our entire backline and cant fit into any of the positions. Waste of a sub slot that we really could use.

Comment

With any luck, the tsunami/earthquake will wipe this place out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                Finally after all that flirting!

*going by sad face it wasn't what she expected

Someone piss in your cornflakes this morning?
                                                Lol! If callin each other a cunt at least five times a day is your idea of flirting gillian tis all a matter

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post

you fucker i read the first line of that post and shouted out in the top of my voice in class "wow sean connery is dead"
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

So, the Queen's visit, Morgan Freeman said that the only way to get rid of racism is to "stop talking about it." I know Sinn Fein will have a field day, but the rest of Ireland should welcome her with open arms, kill the fuckers with kindness. We're one of their best customers in terms of international trade, if people want to really make a statement thaat has a real time affect on thistiny nation state, well stop buying British goods and start buying Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                    Players lounge is also the place where the bouncers and some lad smoking got shot, supposedly over a certain republican group being disgruntled that it was not offered the security contract for the place.... coincidence.

Also I believe it is owned by Anthony Stokes dad, bought for him by his son.
                                                    I know the lad who was shot there a couple of months back (mate of a mate)....He was a taxi driver and totally innocent, just outside having a smoke and standing beside the wrong person I suppose.
                                                    International Poker Open 2017 online satellites available on GG Poker. Visit www.internationalpokeropen.ie for more details.

The IPO is one of Europe's biggest, longest running and most enjoyable live poker festivals with huge prize-pools every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                      Jesus fucking Christ sp your attitude is pretty horrible.
                                                      its consistent and we have been through this before.
                                                      I see nothing other than mere legalistic differences between publicans and drug dealers, except of course that one group cause far more harm in out society than the other.

Also the very fact that that sign exists and the shinners are in the dail is profoundly depressing.
                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 14-03-11, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                                                        So, the Queen's visit, Morgan Freeman said that the only way to get rid of racism is to "stop talking about it." I know Sinn Fein will have a field day, but the rest of Ireland should welcome her with open arms, kill the fuckers with kindness. We're one of their best customers in terms of international trade, if people want to really make a statement thaat has a real time affect on thistiny nation state, well stop buying British goods and start buying Irish.
                                                        Yeah, if replublicans really want a united Ireland and all that jazz they're being a bit short sighted if they go out protesting the visit imo.

Comment

I see nothing other than mere legalistic differences between publicans and drug dealers, except of course that one group cause far more harm in out society than the other.
                                                          What about Phamacists?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                            Neither particulairly suited to full back. You cant just toss a winger in and hope for the best. At the moment Duffy should be taken down from Connaught, I know he isn't quite as exciting and plays for the wrong provience but he can catch a high ball, run a decent counter line and tackle. Safe enough and I reckon our best choice right now. Paddy Wallace shouldn't be let near the bench tho. Covering our entire backline and cant fit into any of the positions. Waste of a sub slot that we really could use.
                                                            Yes please. Duffy has to be better than any of the other options.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Yup, firm believer that a FB playing FB all season will be better than an 11 whose been injured all season. Definitely dont think earls or bowe should move either, both have been good on the wings, Earls especially.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                What about GPs?
                                                                Fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post

you fucker i read the first line of that post and shouted out in the top of my voice in class "wow sean connery is dead"
                                                                  I rest my case

Comment

Why do you hate Sexton Lloyd?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSLi8ovkSzU[/ame]

lol

Comment

think i will do the shopping

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                          What about Phamacists?
                                                                          Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                          Fyp.
                                                                          This to an e xtent, the regulation on prescribed drugs shifts the responsibility for harm towards doctors and the marketing depts of big pharma.

Obv I'm being overly literal , and ultimately everyone is responsible for their own drug abuse , but its a point worth exaggerating.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                            USA lost many lives on 9-11-01 and now Japan has lost more lives on 3-10-11. Add the 2 dates together and you get 12-21-12, which is the date the world is supposed to end, the date the Mayan calender runs out...
                                                                            Lazy Mayans not finishing their callender. I also blame them for that 2012 film so really hate mayans overall. Might be a good year to do the late christmas shopping. Fucked if im spending an time pre the end of the world pushing around grafton street wishing I could just give vouchers

Comment

I could be done for murder before the day is over.
                                                                              Came to Kenya to help a local crowd do a simple job they had been failing to do. Want to do four things before I leave. I'm flying on Thu night but I thought that if they were any bit short of utterly useless I'd be able to get finished by wed or maybe even tomorrow night.
                                                                              So much for optimism
                                                                              Here six hours andf we are about 4 hours behind where we were supposed to start. Fml

Comment

I can imagine the sheer panic and terror that spreads across those sites when they hear the angry old Irish man is coming.

Comment

I could be done for murder before the day is over.
                                                                                  Came to Kenya to help a local crowd do a simple job they had been failing to do. Want to do four things before I leave. I'm flying on Thu night but I thought that if they were any bit short of utterly useless I'd be able to get finished by wed or maybe even tomorrow night.
                                                                                  So much for optimism
                                                                                  Here six hours andf we are about 4 hours behind where we were supposed to start. Fml
                                                                                  LOL
                                                                                  kenyans

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Not that anybody really cares but Coventry sacked Aidy Boothroyd and im sick to my stomach. So sick of SISU( Coventry owers/board).

Comment

Yup, firm believer that a FB playing FB all season will be better than an 11 whose been injured all season. Definitely dont think earls or bowe should move either, both have been good on the wings, Earls especially.
                                                                                      Broke my heart when we collapsed as earls and bowe looked to be playing well. Both coming in and really hungry for the ball. We then reverted to kicking everything (mainly quite poorly) instead of quick ruck ball, sucking in players with runners and the back 3 cleaning up once we were a few phases in. This is what I was taught in school and how our proviences play to such effect. Atleast our set pieces worked but realistically the welsh have the worst set piece in the 6 nations so its not exactly cause for celebration.

Penalty count was right down but still way too high. Felt sorry for Wallace who will go down as the reason we lost (stupid thing I have seen in a while tho) but no more then the linesmans brutal call for the try we should have been able to destroy that Welsh team.

I dont like to blame the coach for players not preforming but at the moment all these guys are doing it every week for their proviences and seem to be clueless when they put on a green shirt so it has to be down to the game plan. Blaming the refs is a joke as we keep giving away the penalties and saturday was the first time I thought we had a decent case to gripe even though it is a weak excuse. Nice southern hemisphere ref coming up so if anyone wants to see how good toby flood is at kicking penalties tune in on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                        Not that anybody really cares but Coventry sacked Aidy Boothroyd and im sick to my stomach. So sick of SISU( Coventry owers/board).
                                                                                        Including you and Aidy I imag ine 2 people are upset

Comment

Including you and Aidy I imag ine 2 people are upset
                                                                                          You said it, well his assistant got sacked as well so thats 3!

Comment

Kick/Pass/Run

ROG - 14/14/2
                                                                                            Sexton - 7/14/2

Minutes played 50/30.

We kicked too much with both OHs, I found it absolutely bizarre. How can a gameplan which has been shown up, and taken apart, time and time again due to the new law interpretations be employed against arguably the best full back in the world (played shite luckily) and James Hook, who kicked 100 times better than either of them too.
                                                                                            EDIT to add these too!
                                                                                            Fitz - 6/8/13
                                                                                            Bowe - 5/5/11
                                                                                            Earls - 2/2/10
                                                                                            BOD - 4/5/6
                                                                                            Jesus even D'Arcy kicked.

It was teenager stuff, not adapting to the game that was in front of them, and not trying to play the game that we were getting into.

LL posted on the rugby forum that he doesn't have confidence in the team playing a "mythical" running game, yet as I've pointed out here Leinster, with a backline available to Ireland (bar Nacewa - Swap for Bowe) do it every week.

I think Kidney bottled it, it was like firing two barrells with an oesfd and not firing the river even though all our notes say the player folds to 3 barrells.

Really really worried about the direction/misdirection we're taking.
                                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 14-03-11, 12:27.

Comment

yeah disturbing stats and Foden running back at us will be seriously dangerous if we keep pumping it downfield. I dont see how the running game is mythical all you have to do is not kick it simple. Our lineout wont be anywhere near as safe against England so kicking puerly for position wont be great.
                                                                                              Not adjusting to the new laws is just retarded tho. To put in poker terms its like not readjusting fromplaying heads up against and nice sober nit when a drunken coke fiend turns up on your table. The game has changed so you either adjust and win or dont and lose any edge that you have.
                                                                                              Saw Bod interviewed after the game and he said it was all in the gameplan and seemed gutted, Kidney by comparison seemed to try to deflect the blame to anywhere else and just didn't seem to care. Nt sure if its ego ro that he just knows one way to play but what was hugley sucessfull for munster and won us a grandslam just isn't right anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                Can't say i know anything about the situation, but you's have gone from 5th to 19th in 3 months and won 1 of the last 16 games. Was the club in transition or were you running bad or what? He's been there for less than a year so did he not get a fair trial?

Comment

Someone just walked by me in college and must be growing a plant in their bag, the smell of fresh weed off him was outrageous!

In other news, I have 9k left in my Betdash account, and am looking for a BBV accumulator to turn it into 500k. Will split it into 3 bullets.

So if people post a bet that will settle in the next 2 days, I will lash a load of them together and hopefully manage to spin it suas! Any gut feelings etc accepted!

Comment

Clear eyes full heart can't lose, time to start watching again so

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                      Clear eyes full heart can't lose, time to start watching again so
                                                                                                      What?

Comment

I've said it before, but there are a bunch of posters on the rugby forum that would prefer to start the Leinster team from 1 - 15 with no addition from the other provinces.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What?
                                                                                                          coach taylor's motto in Friday night lights

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Can't say i know anything about the situation, but you's have gone from 5th to 19th in 3 months and won 1 of the last 16 games. Was the club in transition or were you running bad or what? He's been there for less than a year so did he not get a fair trial?
                                                                                                            Well it's his first year in charge and Coventry started brillantly and the slide has been horrific. lots of factors we over performed at start of season, Huge amount of players injured including Carsley, Deegan and Clingian who are or center mids. Lost few players in transfer window and none brought in to replace them. No Money apparently. Board will hire a manager who will have same squad which is still essentially Colemans squad plues Westwood and King will both leave in summer for free.

Im fully preparing for life in League 1. Unless there is a secret investor who is bringing his own man. I hear Van Gaull and Mourinho are out of work this summer?

Comment

Just had the most horrific class ever-kids literally going fooking apeshit. Have a pretty decent relationship with them aswell but such random variables can cause mayhem in a class. Some crack looking at the time getting my cold sweat on realising there is the full ten minutes of class left. Actually shuddering thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                I've said it before, but there are a bunch of posters on the rugby forum that would prefer to start the Leinster team from 1 - 15 with no addition from the other provinces.
                                                                                                                Of course there is, plenty who'd choose 7 Connacht lads, others who'd choose the Ulster back 3 even though Danielli is Scottish, and plenty who'd get Axel Foley warming up on the sidelines too if Heaslip gets hurt again.

The thing is though, both Munster and Leinster are both playing better rugby than Ireland at the moment.

If we actually played the Leinster 15, we'd be a better side.
                                                                                                                If we actually played the Munster 15 we'd be a better side.

The problem is that the guys are not playing a game that suits any of them.

ROG's game is all but dead, it seems horrible to say it, but tell that to Willie Faloon at Ulster, who would've be Ireland's 7 for 10 years had the rules at the breakdown not changed. Now I'm not saying he's not absolutely brilliant at what he does, in fact he's one of the best, but you can't use a cheese grater to hollow a stone, he's just not the right tool for the job anymore.

Our lineout is a shambles, I think this is to do with POC being still off the pace at gametime, and not having the strength of someone like Hayes lifting is hurting us. We're nowhere near as sharp as we need to be to play anything like a kicking game.

Conservative rugby is "so 2007", and we're reverting to it.

Its nice, because it means we only lose by a small margin when we do, but we only win by a small margin when we do. Its negative and nonsensical and scared rugby.

Comment

I just got a load of canvassing material in the door to my Ma's for the upcoming Seanad elections. For some reason I had assumed I hadn't registered myself. However, can I assume that I would only be sent electioneering material if I'm on the register?

I went online to check the register, but apparently you have to physically walk into the NUI offices to view it. Fuck that.

Comment

Of course and I am one that think that more connaught players should be included ie. Duffy and that Sean Cronin is the better Hooker and should just be made spend a week throughing a ball at a post until he can hit his mark so we can retire rory best. This is obv part bias and also partly because I look at the way they play a lot more. A few years ago there were lots more munster lads filling the team.

At that stage the game was played differently and they were the on form side. It is tough to make much of a case for including many munster men outside of POC and DOC with Earls during the current spate of injuries getting his place in the starting 15. Stringer is probably the only exception to this I would have who is really a 50-50 toss with Reddan at the moment but TOL shouldnt have been getting a look in IMO. ROG will still play a crucial part but the same as Humphries had to be transistioned out when he made it the time has come for sexton to get the number 10 jersey. The way the game is played has changed and that is a fact, whilst it sucks in some ways atleast I wont have to watch English and South African power rugby from every team anymore.

This is not pissing on munster rugby which is still going strong and obv much better then my choice of provience but Leinster simply have better players for the modern game. I am sure this will change back in Munsters favour at some stage but the Leinster Accademy does seem to have produced the best of the crop that is around at the moment.

Comment

Of course there is, plenty who'd choose 7 Connacht lads, others who'd choose the Ulster back 3 even though Danielli is Scottish, and plenty who'd get Axel Foley warming up on the sidelines too if Heaslip gets hurt again.

The thing is though, both Munster and Leinster are both playing better rugby than Ireland at the moment.

If we actually played the Leinster 15, we'd be a better side.
                                                                                                                      If we actually played the Munster 15 we'd be a better side.

The problem is that the guys are not playing a game that suits any of them.

ROG's game is all but dead, it seems horrible to say it, but tell that to Willie Faloon at Ulster, who would've be Ireland's 7 for 10 years had the rules at the breakdown not changed. Now I'm not saying he's not absolutely brilliant at what he does, in fact he's one of the best, but you can't use a cheese grater to hollow a stone, he's just not the right tool for the job anymore.

Our lineout is a shambles, I think this is to do with POC being still off the pace at gametime, and not having the strength of someone like Hayes lifting is hurting us. We're nowhere near as sharp as we need to be to play anything like a kicking game.

Conservative rugby is "so 2007", and we're reverting to it.

Its nice, because it means we only lose by a small margin when we do, but we only win by a small margin when we do. Its negative and nonsensical and scared rugby.
                                                                                                                      You see, everyone is telling me the "O'Gara game" can't win. But with him at the helm we came alive against South Africa, sealed it against Italy, came back into it against France, beat Scotland, were ahead when he was taken off against Wales.

We beat France and Wales if we are more disciplined, if we don't miss simple scoring opportunities.

What I'm seeing indicates to me that the reason we have fallen short thus far this tournament is not because of the overarching gameplan - it is because of poor individual execution. As such, I would stick at it and hope that the players cut out the silly errors they have been committing. They are definitely capable of that. As to whether they are capable of a majestic running game is a much more unknown question.

Comment

As to whether they are capable of a majestic running game is a much more unknown question.
                                                                                                                        It is in it's hole.

Leinster do it, Ulster have flashes of it and Connacht have given it a good shot this season too.

Comment

It is in it's hole.

Leinster do it, Ulster have flashes of it and Connacht have given it a good shot this season too.
                                                                                                                          Magners League / HC != International Rugby

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X