X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    Wow !! Best Fringe EVER !!!!!!!!
    You talking about episode 16? If so meh was good but not outstanding.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

After playing a fair bit of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 I found this very funny.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RYq-KiKjrM&feature=player[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        You talking about episode 16? If so meh was good but not outstanding.
        Good ending but didn't think the episode was great.

Anyone watching the youth cup game I posted about last night ? Great game, 2-2 with a player sent off from each side.

Steaming link - http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4d7bb9c2aac42

Opr

Comment

Went to see Battle Los Angeles yesterday and really put me in the mood for watching Independence Day started to watch it last night but crashed out so gonna watch it again now.
          Battle Los Angeles worth a watch? Anyone been to see The Adjustment Bureau yet? Been told it was rubbish by someone but would like to see it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
            Battle Los Angeles worth a watch? Anyone been to see The Adjustment Bureau yet? Been told it was rubbish by someone but would like to see it anyway
            Kind of rubbish. More of a love story.

Comment

i fell asleep during battle

Comment

imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Anyone watching the youth cup game I posted about last night ? Great game, 2-2 with a player sent off from each side.

Opr
                  Yeah, it's a cracker.

Edit : Down to 9 a side!
                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 13-03-11, 13:49.
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    In Iraq we had a brutal dictator who oppressed his people and the international community sat back and did nothing.

In Libya we have a brutal dictator who oppressed his people and the international community sat back and did nothing.

In Iraq that situation remained the same until the USA unilaterally, and under false pretenses so poor even the United Nations didn't believe them, invaded the country and created total chaos as there was no domestic movement to assist and take over the running of the country. The US did this for its own reasons and against the overwhelming opinion of the international community (rightly or wrongly motivations matter).

In Libya that situation remained the same until a domestic movement, sparked by the Egyptian movement, began a large scale insurrection to free themselves of his dictatorial reign. The international community, including the Arab League, have called for a no-fly zone over Libya to stop Gaddafi from aerial bombardments of rebel positions. Despite overwhelming international support no country has actively intervened.

FWIW I don't think anyone should intervene either. The prize hard earned is always valued above the prize easily given. The Egyptian uprising could be like the Middle-East's version of the French Revolution, acting as the spark that lights the fire of democracy and freedom across many dictatorial regimes. Western interference could well be counter-productive. I think France's approach, legitimising the rebel council, is a far better approach to take.

However your argument Lloyd is complete BS. Iraq and Libya are two completely different situations. If the West handle this right it could have massive long term benefits for East-West relations. To say that the same people who condemned the invasion of Iraq should stfu about the lack of intervention now is just nonsense. The two situations simply are not comparable.
                    Let's just say we'll have to agree to disagree. For me:

- This is a conflict within a sovereign territory. It is not the business of the International Community to intervene in a political / military sense;
                    - The idea that the ruling regime should be barred from using all the military tools at its disposal (excepting land-mines / nuclear armaments if they had any of course) is faintly ridiculous;

If the rebels successfully overthrow the existing regime then good luck to them, and once they have established control they should be recognised diplomatically. But until then, its fair game and should be allowed to sort itself out.

As for massive benefits in terms of East / West relations, the only thing that would improve lasting issues in this regard is a sea change in attitudes and dealings with Israel.
                    Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 13-03-11, 13:50.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Man I hate downswings!

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($31.64)
                      BB ($7.09)
                      UTG ($12.12)
                      Hero (MP) ($10.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 2, A
                      1 fold, Hero bets $0.35, 1 fold, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 9, 2, 2 (2 players)
                      BB bets $0.70, Hero raises to $1.90, BB raises to $6.74 (All-In), Hero calls $4.84

Turn: ($14.23) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($14.23) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $14.23 | Rake: $0.94

Results:
                      BB had J, 9 (full house, nines over Jacks).
                      Hero had 2, A (full house, twos over nines).
                      Outcome: BB won $13.29

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                        I thought the previous episode was very good.

Battle Los Angeles is a yes in my book, good popcorn movie The Adjustment Bureau is pretty decent I really like the premise behind it and thought the acting was very good who knew Emily Blunt was so hot

Comment

Battle Los Angeles is a yes in my book, good popcorn movie The Adjustment Bureau is pretty decent I really like the premise behind it and thought the acting was very good who knew Emily Blunt was so hot
                          Ah she'd get it alright

Comment

Ah she'd get it alright
                            For sure

[NSFW="!"][/NSFW]

Comment

urgh. woke up with a sore head, apparently I was googling for the headquarters in dublin of the Irish Daily Mail for some reason.
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Wow this is pretty cool

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZMjHzWXQc[/ame]

Comment

The Egyptian uprising could be like the Middle-East's version of the French Revolution, acting as the spark that lights the fire of democracy and freedom across many dictatorial regimes.
                                  Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain, Yemen, Libya and the future uprisings in the Middle East and Central Asia over the coming months are all going to be piddling undercards to the main event if it hits Russia in the summer. Large popcorns would need to be at the ready if there's a 1917 part deux.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                    When is the stag party? I'm presuming your in your mid twenties so start off in Downses for nice quiet pints, then to Geoffs/Woodmans for alright pints and more people and finish it off in Kazbar/Harveys. Harveys have a serious smoking area although are a bit expensive for beer.

Downses is the only pub that is a little out of the way, maybe 15 mins walk from John St. where all the main pubs are. Although if your party is more than 12 Showboat is a nice place.

Don't go near Forum nightclub(emos), escape nightclub(jail-bait) or dignity(Icarus' kinda place)

When are you down? If you get here before half 8/9 tonight you can play a little game with a couple of pints with me, Kev and Icarus in Mullanes pub. €25(dealer dealt) in and banter to be had
                                    Thanks, I'm only seeing this now. I have an vague recollection of some of the places you mentioned, pretty sure I was shown the door in Harveys after stumbling into a bouncer last night so they lost 20 punters as a result(lolidiots). We had great craic though, time to catch a few zzzz's and contemplate a grind.

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                    and Im back
                                    I was just catching up and laughed my ass off at this situation. You couldn't stay away even if you wanted to. The guy isn't around to defend himself so I won't bother getting into it but wp imo.

Comment

Was wondering what all the Ray Foley stuff was about, never get to listen to the show anymore unfortunately so went back through the thread. Show was very funny, miss it so much!!! WP to the guys on here that fucked it up on them selves

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                        Let's just say we'll have to agree to disagree. For me:

- This is a conflict within a sovereign territory. It is not the business of the International Community to intervene in a political / military sense;
                                        - The idea that the ruling regime should be barred from using all the military tools at its disposal (excepting land-mines / nuclear armaments if they had any of course) is faintly ridiculous;
                                        I accept that there is no real right or wrong here, however;

- Libya's sovereignty depends on how you define said sovereignty. However that is an esoteric argument that would take far too long for a discussion forum and is probably irrelevant. There is a well established international practice of interventionism in matters such as these. Ireland sought French, German, Spanish and any other help it could get to fight the English (who, ironically, were invited in to deal with an internal conflict) and although the policy has almost never worked it is still an accepted practice. FWIW we agree that there should be no intervention albeit we disagree as to why.

- If you accept that land mines and nuclear/biological weapons should not be used then how can you also claim that to rule out other methods is ridiculous? Air superiority can wipe out huge swathes of combatants in the same way as landmines or bio/nuclear weapons. In Afghanistan it was the neutralisation of Soviet air superiority that swung the battle to the indigenous forces.

Once you accept that there are weapons that should not be used you cannot just then label ridiculous the views of those who think that other weapons should also not be used.

I do not think the no-fly zone is an arbitrary intervention by international forces. It is to stop Gaddafi from utilising a massive destructive advantage that he has over the rebels. I see your point but I think it is more than faintly ridiculous itself.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain, Yemen, Libya and the future uprisings in the Middle East and Central Asia over the coming months are all going to be piddling undercards to the main event if it hits Russia in the summer. Large popcorns would need to be at the ready if there's a 1917 part deux.
                                          I don't think think there is anything near a critical mass looking for revolution in Russia? Maybe in a few of the Stans and ongoing issues with Chechens but I'd be surprised if there were major change in Russia.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

- If you accept that land mines and nuclear/biological weapons should not be used then how can you also claim that to rule out other methods is ridiculous? Air superiority can wipe out huge swathes of combatants in the same way as landmines or bio/nuclear weapons. In Afghanistan it was the neutralisation of Soviet air superiority that swung the battle to the indigenous forces.

Once you accept that there are weapons that should not be used you cannot just then label ridiculous the views of those who think that other weapons should also not be used.
                                            Nuclear / biological / land-mines leave lasting detrimental consequences that can linger and hurt civilians long after they are used. Tanks / planes / guns / bombs / etc kill, injure and disfigure and their use is obviously horrible - but they cause that damage in the moment. As such an aerial bombardment and a mine field rightly exist in different categories.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              I don't think think there is anything near a critical mass looking for revolution in Russia? Maybe in a few of the Stans and ongoing issues with Chechens but I'd be surprised if there were major change in Russia.
                                              Who knows? It is obviously a repressive regime with a very active intelligence gathering police force. There may well be significant dissent. The difference is how well organised and equipped the ruling regime is to deal with any rumblings of revolution.

Comment

Nuclear / biological / land-mines leave lasting detrimental consequences that can linger and hurt civilians long after they are used. Tanks / planes / guns / bombs / etc kill, injure and disfigure and their use is obviously horrible - but they cause that damage in the moment. As such an aerial bombardment and a mine field rightly exist in different categories.
                                                I accept your point for all but bio-weapons which can be battle-field specific in certain circumstances but as I introduced it into the discussion I'll leave that one too.

The aerial one is, probably, a matter of opinion. Bombing is hardly the most target specific method of warfare and these factions are fighting in cities, there are plenty of civilian casualties and with aerial bombardment that would be much higher.

Your point is a valid one though.
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Best sending off ever just there in the Rome Derby.

Comment

And Lazio now down to nine!

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                      Sleep or degen it up for the day...... What would CHD do?
                                                      Degen it up but seriously regret it later.
                                                      Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                      Details obv

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        Degen it up but seriously regret it later.

Details obv
                                                        Free kick Roma, Radu charges a free kick, Roma don't take it, and Radu just charges/headbutts into the freekick taker. My description isn't doing it justice, you need to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                          Rome derby gonna Rome Derby. You got to love Totti. He only cares about two games a season.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

The Scotland Rugby game needs more love in here

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYEPSrSwxI[/ame]

Comment

Bolton Stoke semi final. Some real cultured ticky tacky stuff ahead there.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Bolton play some decent stuff under Coyle these days, in fairness. Think they deserve a trip to Wembley for the season they've had.
                                                                  I'd be shocked if Coyle isn't snapped up by one of the top 6 clubs in the next couple of seasons. How I'd love him to be te next Ireland manager. Not a chance though, unfortunately.

Comment

Chris Patterson just made the tackle of this 6 Nations Championship.

Comment

Chris Patterson just made the tackle of this 6 Nations Championship.
                                                                      +1
                                                                      super tackle

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        Horrible beat, romance of the cup and all that but a Manchester derby final with City trying to end Uniteds roll over banner would have been truly epic
                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Richie Gray, Scottish second row with the long blonde hair, my undercover player of the championship so far.

Keep an eye on him, he hits every ruck, every maul, has great hands, lot of steals too. Impressive lad!

Comment

Great interview with that 18 year old poker prodigy from Portugal. Such a level headed logical kid. Amazing story really.

Comment

anyone want to play €5 FO homegame?

6.05PM

Club ID 349074

password charlie sheen!
                                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 13-03-11, 17:09.
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                  Richie Gray, Scottish second row with the long blonde hair, my undercover player of the championship so far.

Keep an eye on him, he hits every ruck, every maul, has great hands, lot of steals too. Impressive lad!
                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTpXymuwxNs[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Location - Cork.

Originally posted by twinytwo
                                                                                      em... you do realise we always get ****ed over?? rugby,soccer, boxing etc.
                                                                                      Originally posted by emmet02
                                                                                      We don't really. It's a memory bias, you rarely remember the times we "**** someone over" while you never forget the times we "get ****ed over". In the long run, it all balances out, and its fairly bizarre to suggest otherwise.

The world doesn't have a grudge against Ireland that encompasses all its sporting activities.
                                                                                      Originally posted by twinytwo
                                                                                      It dosent balance out though because sport at the end of the day is all about money. Thus smaller countries will always get the raw end of the deal against bigger countries... like the WC for example we lose to france through the handball. the game was never going to be be replayed.. why? because france being in the wc was way more importantant to FIFA or whatever because they would generate a lot more revenue that us. just like how the qualification was changed to make sure the bigger teams made it.

Kenny egan gets robbed of a gold medal in the olympics... would that have happened if he was american or english?

if tomorrow we played the abs in the wc final and we pulled something like that with score meaning we won the game, you can be dam sure it wouldnt be given.

Now granted that **** happens refs get stuff wrong.. but to say stuff like that is balanced in sport is plain wrong.

Comment

Any takers on the home game or its gonna be me and jules heads up
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                            hmm, well seemed weird at the time. The Tesco lad sneered when i asked him and said they only get all that stuff in 'at the barbeque time of the year', whereas the Polish shop owners were clearly thinking on some different wavelength of 'if we don't have four different types of charcoal available at all times we will never live down the shame'. The more you know, etc...
                                                                                            I had a similar experience a few weeks ago in my local shop. I wanted pancakes for breakfast but I was too lazy to make the mix, I walked to the shop to try buy that ready mixed stuff. I asked the girl did she have it in stock and was met with a bemused look. 'Pancake Tuesday is weeks away' she says to me. The Irish truly are a strange bunch imo.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Takes longer to walk to a shop than make a mix...
                                                                                              Took me 2 mins to make the mix.

She was a weirdo though, pancakes should be eaten regularly.
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Seems an age since I seen the first teaser for this. Can't wait to go see it after watching the trailer. It was a little weird hearing coaches voice

btw if you don't like spoilers don't watch it as it gives away a little too much imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDriQp3VqCI[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                  Takes longer to walk to a shop than make a mix...
                                                                                                  Took me 2 mins to make the mix.
                                                                                                  My local Spar is 58 paces away. (really, I counted it)

She was a weirdo though, pancakes should be eaten regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    My local Spar is 58 paces away. (really, I counted it)

I could make the mix in that time.
                                                                                                    Film our own episode of beat the takeaway obviously.

Comment

I could make the mix in that time.
                                                                                                      Film our own episode of beat the takeaway obviously.
                                                                                                      I was just thinking that. You make the mix in my kitchen and I run to the shop.

I reckon I could be well back by the time you have the mix made.

If there was no queue I could be there and back within two minutes easily.

Prop bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        I was just thinking that. You make the mix in my kitchen and I run to the shop.

I reckon I could be well back by the time you have the mix made.

If there was no queue I could be there and back within two minutes easily.

Prop bet?

I'll have time to make the mix and top deck your toilet cistern.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Americans talking about karma.

ugh, someone nuke them please.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 13-03-11, 20:36. Reason: IBK

Comment

aww how cute is that
                                                                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 13-03-11, 20:24.
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

This is probably a bad beat more than a brag but I won a €2k package to some random tournament in Rozvadov in the Czech Republic. Seems its some tiny town on the border with Germany. Is they anyone from here going or know anything about it?

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                                    This is probably a bad beat more than a brag but I won a €2k package to some random tournament in Rozvadov in the Czech Republic. Seems its some tiny town on the border with Germany. Is they anyone from here going or know anything about it?

http://www.kingscasino.eu/en/poker/March2011-200kGTD
                                                                                                                    What is the second chance thing in the Main

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

http://www.kingscasino.eu/en/poker/March2011-200kGTD
                                                                                                                      Doke will probably know!!!
                                                                                                                      congrats
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                        from YLYL
                                                                                                                        [url]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?

lol, I've emailed a bunch of those morons a link to that page

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X