X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Ship

Minister for Education Ruairi Quinn has said he will be establishing a forum to identify how schools can be transferred out of Catholic patronage as a matter of immediate priority.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0311/education.html
    I am not particularly in favor of religion being the mainstay of education but do the church not put quite a bit of money into education still? I know that the days of priests and nuns teaching are mainly gone so the loss of staff wont be a huge deal and I am sure that the ones who preform well will be kept on in a certain capacity but overall I guess my main concern would be on the financials. This could just be on the private side and all public schools could be 100% state funded tho.

Comment

More Japan videos. Jesus

#AlJazeeraEnglish, we focus on people and events that affect people's lives. We bring topics to light that often go under-reported, listening to all sides of the story and giving a 'voice to the voiceless.' Reaching more than 282 million households in over 140 countries across the globe, our viewers trust #AlJazeeraEnglish to keep them informed, inspired, and entertained. Our impartial, fact-based reporting wins worldwide praise and respect. It is our unique brand of #journalism that the world has come to rely on. We are reshaping global media and constantly working to strengthen our reputation as one of the world's most respected #news and #CurrentAffairs channels.

Comment

pissing myself laoughing, teacher came over and asked me to run program in c++.

it wouldnt run and the problem came back " bum bum willy " is not a word type

cunt beside me changed it when i wasnt looking.

loooooooooooooool
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

What's the name of that site where you can download all the programs you want in one go on a new laptop? It was posted here before.

Comment

Anyone else been impressed by how ready for Government FG and Lab seem to be?

By that I mean they seem to have known exactly what they were going to do the minute they started and have done a good job of starting at serious pace.
              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post

What are the people on the bridge doing just standing there looking at it?

Lots of smaller earthquakes still happening.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                  What's the name of that site where you can download all the programs you want in one go on a new laptop? It was posted here before.
                  The easiest, fastest way to update or install software. Ninite downloads and installs programs automatically in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

By that I mean they seem to have known exactly what they were going to do the minute they started and have done a good job of starting at serious pace.
                    They've had enough time to prepare! FG on the finances and Labour on the social side of things could be a solid coalition.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      See I think Van Persie should lamp Abidal out of it.

Take the sending off and then sue UEFA for 500 Million or so in the morning, claim he felt it was an attempt on his life, he was only defending himself using minimum required force and UEFA were not giving him the required level of safety from harm.

May need Kayroo's keen legal mind to see through the flaws in my plan
                      (& not my lack of commas and such/)

Comment

Get to take part in the Scottish Census.

Exciting.

Q17 - no rickrolling though.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                          See I think Van Persie should lamp Abidal out of it.

Take the sending off and then sue UEFA for 500 Million or so in the morning, claim he felt it was an attempt on his life, he was only defending himself using minimum required force and UEFA were not giving him the required level of safety from harm.

May need Kayroo's keen legal mind to see through the flaws in my plan
                          (& not my lack of commas and such/)
                          plusabillion

Anyone who puts their hand around my throat, particularly on a sports field (i.e. this might not apply to absolutely everyone on Cruises Street Limerick), is getting their teeth smashed in.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                            champ, did you get MS office sorted okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              plusabillion

Anyone who puts their hand around my throat, particularly on a sports field (i.e. this might not apply to absolutely everyone on Cruises Street Limerick), is getting their teeth smashed in.
                              A sur thats different, you know they are only having a bit of fun with you,
                              if they were serious they would be doing a lot worse than grabbing you by the neck

Comment

Sure, but they have had three years to prepare for it.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Am I shouting for England out Bangladesh here

Comment

What time its the Ireland wales game kick off at tomorrow?

Comment

They may have had plenty of time to prepare but I am delighted to see some realisitc changes coming through. The biggest announcments on the finance side have yet to come and these will be the true test. Still making the right sounds at the moment but like all people I have seen start new jobs initail burst of enthuasiasm are all great but unless they can follow through it will be all for nought. Talk is cheap as the saying goes but it will be how the new pollicies are implemented that counts.
                                      Overall great to see though and a positive start cannot be sniffed at.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        What time its the Ireland wales game kick off at tomorrow?
                                        5pm

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                          ffs. WTF is theoretical profit/loss Nattenburg you fuckin creep. None of what you're saying about it makes sense, or has anything to do with any of the actual profit/loss or the theoretical edge of the position!
                                          proof that complaining in the bbv works

SPOILER

Comment

The easiest, fastest way to update or install software. Ninite downloads and installs programs automatically in the background.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

fell asleep at my PC desk, have slight imprint on my forehead of the corner of ELO's Into the Blue CD case.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                fell asleep at my PC desk, have slight imprint on my forehead of the corner of ELO's Into the Blue CD case.
                                                at least its a decent album

Comment

Don't worry. They'll revert back to this soon enough.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawagQ6lLrA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawagQ6lLrA&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                        hmmm, email chat with the marriage registrar at the moment - bet ya couldn't do that with the local parish priest!
                                                        Not knowingly at least.
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

hmmm, email chat with the marriage registrar at the moment - bet ya couldn't do that with the local parish priest!
                                                          you'd be surprised, i organised church wedding (and this was 11 years ago) and baptisms all by email in the past. These days the church is connected to the www.

Comment

Any Waterford peops around able to tell me where is decent to go, pubs/clubs? I'm heading down in a few hours for the weekend for a stag, just thought I would ask here in case the best man hasn't got it all planned out.

Comment

Swann's going a bit postal here.

Comment

Ad placement fail

Broadsheet is a satirical news and popculture website from Ireland, featuring original and credited material, updated every 15 minutes from 9am to 5pm GMT.

Comment

Just got invited to a surprise party for a girl who always has a party anyway.
                                                                  Seems kind of hilarious to have a surprise party for someone ho always has a party without fail.
                                                                  That said, her boyfriend is organising it and she probably just told him to indirectly.

Bitches be crazy.

Comment

Surprise her by not going.

Comment

Tempted. She wouldn't really care but would be greatly offended, if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                        Tempted. She wouldn't really care but would be greatly offended, if that makes sense.
                                                                        So she's a idiot?

Comment

Comment

Sterling work from my Metro Herald editor friend.

Love the way the dog's nose is nudging at the headline.
                                                                            Made the 'non football headline of the day' on football 365.
                                                                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 11-03-11, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

Comment

DCU advertising for a lecturer in finance ... interesting ...
                                                                                Ah go on...

Actually on that note, is it just me or is Ferdie a bit of a looper at times?
                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-03-11, 15:47.

Comment

Court case finished, found out Lenihan's wife was the judge and she kept on failing asleep. The DPP are useless and the Garda even more so, must be easy to defend.

After that experience I never want to do Jury Duty again.
                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                    Court case finished, found out Lenihan's wife was the judge and she kept on failing asleep. The DPP are useless and the Garda even more so, must be easy to defend.

After that experience I never want to do Jury Duty again.
                                                                                    Expand.

Comment

Comment

Heroic collaspe by Bangers.

Comment

Fuck me, just watching BBC News 24 and the footage is ridic! Pretty scary stuff.

Comment

Ya no matter what is going on in the economy it makes Irelnad look like a grand place. It looks like a huge amount of the country is a total write off and a shed load of factories are shut down now which will have an insane knock on effect will devestate the rest of the economy.

Comment

Edit: Funds Transfer sorted. Danke sir
                                                                                              Last edited by sligoboi; 11-03-11, 16:35.
                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                  Any kind soul able to trade their $22 on Stars for my $22 on full Tilt? Will ship first. Cheers
                                                                                                  I can sort, but only can ship from about 6.30pm (when I get home from work) if that suits?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                    Fuck me, just watching BBC News 24 and the footage is ridic! Pretty scary stuff.
                                                                                                    don't watch rte 24hr news it is just lol bad

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Making pizzas today. gf is going for a puff pastry base and mayonaise instead of tomato sauce, wtf. Highly confident that my pizza will win the taste test
                                                                                                      yyyyyyeah

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                        I can sort, but only can ship from about 6.30pm (when I get home from work) if that suits?
                                                                                                        Aye that's grand, just need it in time for the DNG @ 8.

PM your FT sn and I'll ship now so you can just belt away when you get in.
                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

If anyone wants an interesting read (it was linked to from thepropertypin.com, where I spotted it last night), go to Boards and check out the thread in the Social Welfare forum (under Biz I think) about the dude who has been offered a €50k job but can't take it as it offers no marginal benefit compared to staying on welfare. Can't link to it from work but it's a somewhat entertaining thread; you will find yourself agreeing with posters on both sides of the argument I think!

Comment

.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Maloney; 11-03-11, 16:28.
                                                                                                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                              How did the first week treat you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                                How did the first week treat you?
                                                                                                                All going well, working hard but I'm honestly enjoying it here, very good buzz on the Copy team at least and you're aware of the joys of the quality lunches we get Hopefully I (like our new government) can keep up the enthusiasm into the future and justify their selection of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                  Heroic collaspe by Bangers.
                                                                                                                  Great recovery in the end.

Really getting into this cricket!

Comment

Making pizzas today. gf is going for a puff pastry base and mayonaise instead of tomato sauce, wtf. Highly confident that my pizza will win the taste test
                                                                                                                    This disturbs me greatly...

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                                      Whilst I'm no doctor and giving medical advice on a forum is in general frowned upon, I would suggest to Hitchhiker that drinking double vodka's and red bull is not the way to treat any potential underlying heart problem.
                                                                                                                      So nice though, and Jagerbombs, roll on 6pm.
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Noticed I passed the 2000 post mark. Nothing planned so here, have some tits

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

not funny and never will be ....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X