X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
    Well thats one chore out of the way.
    She doesn't need to have a headache tonite anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
      Delighted for the cabin crews. They made an utterly retarded decision and I am delighted that it has cost them. Its not like they wouldn't have an idea what would happen if they refused the deal. If costs gotta be cut then they gotta be cut.

Its not like its a high-end job where they have any sort of leverage over employers. They are really easy to replace and the job requires zero skill. Serious lols at them thinking they had any sort of leverage at all. Lolunionaments.
      Hang on, for 75% of the staff this is going to be a good thing. You get statutory redundancy tax-free plus your old job back (albeit with worse terms and conditions) compared to no redundancy and worse terms and conditions under the failed proposal.

It's only if you lose your job and get worse redundancy terms that you lose.
      The cake is just being cut a different way and there are winners and losers from that decision.

Plus we all know it's a tactic to get a revised agreement. Chances of the cuts going through as stated are low imo.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
        Well thats one chore out of the way.
        She doesn't need to have a headache tonite anymore.
        Years ago lads would be worried sick that they would get caught banging one off. Now we come out and admit it at 4pm on a public forum.

We've come a long way in such a short space of time.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
          lol Give those terms to Raoul's people and they'd bite your hand off!!
          more than your hand tbh
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hang on, for 75% of the staff this is going to be a good thing. You get statutory redundancy tax-free plus your old job back (albeit with worse terms and conditions) compared to no redundancy and worse terms and conditions under the failed proposal.

It's only if you lose your job and get worse redundancy terms that you lose.
            The cake is just being cut a different way and there are winners and losers from that decision.

Plus we all know it's a tactic to get a revised agreement. Chances of the cuts going through as stated are low imo.
            i dont think they get their jobs back, hence the redundancies, the ones that decided to stay on will do so under new contracts and pay and conditions, this was my understanding anyways.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

lol Give those terms to Raoul's people and they'd bite your hand off!!
              They threw in an extra 4 weeks (not per year obv) for full commitment uptil leaving date (lol), but called it in lieu of notice, although we will know our finishing dates well before the notice period. Suits me tbh. I would imagine the acceptance rate will be 95%+, especially since the only alternative is labour court and strike which will get us nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                Years ago lads would be worried sick that they would get caught banging one off. Now we come out and admit it at 4pm on a public forum.

Dont know how open you are but i would still hate to be "caught" knocking one out, no worries admitting it though !
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  They threw in an extra 4 weeks (not per year obv) for full commitment uptil leaving date (lol), but called it in lieu of notice, although we will know our finishing dates well before the notice period. Suits me tbh. I would imagine the acceptance rate will be 95%+, especially since the only alternative is labour court and strike which will get us nowhere.
                  what are the actual terms?

(and yes, I do intend using this info as leverage but I imagine it's publically available anyway and I'm just too damn lazy to go find it)

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Jaysus is it 4 O'clock allready . id better get up , the kids will be home to cook me dinner soon.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      Dont know how open you are but i would still hate to be "caught" knocking one out, no worries admitting it though !
                      Anyone who say's they dont are liars

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        what are the actual terms?

(and yes, I do intend using this info as leverage but I imagine it's publically available anyway and I'm just too damn lazy to go find it)
                        PM on it's way.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                          Delighted for the cabin crews. They made an utterly retarded decision and I am delighted that it has cost them. Its not like they wouldn't have an idea what would happen if they refused the deal. If costs gotta be cut then they gotta be cut.

Its not like its a high-end job where they have any sort of leverage over employers. They are really easy to replace and the job requires zero skill. Serious lols at them thinking they had any sort of leverage at all. Lolunionaments.
                          I agree with you completely, but for the umpteenth time, the union leaders brokered the deal and told them they should accept it. This has got fuck all to do with the union and everything to do with the individual staff who shot themselves in the foot.

Strewelpeter:

Your attitude would be great if there wasn't such thing as a) abusive employers and b) naive people who just do what they're told. Unfortunately, people not only need legal protection from unscrupulous employers, but those laws also need active enforcement. You only have to look at the bullshit that Flushdraw's employer has been trying to pull for the last few months for a prime example of why this is.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

In my world you're all them
                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

i dont think they get their jobs back, hence the redundancies, the ones that decided to stay on will do so under new contracts and pay and conditions, this was my understanding anyways.
                              My understanding is that everyone is being made redundant in order to allow them to introduce new contracts for the 75% who are going to be immediately offered a job. See the Irish times article here. You cannot change peoples contract and reduce their salary without consent, check out the payment of wages act.

You can make everyone redundant.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                In my world you're all them

Comment

I agree.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

My understanding is that everyone is being made redundant in order to allow them to introduce new contracts for the 75% who are going to be immediately offered a job. See the Irish times article here. You cannot change peoples contract and reduce their salary without consent, check out the payment of wages act.

You can make everyone redundant.
                                    Ok, this was after all a chat about cabin crew, not aer lingus as a whole...D'oh Ole...
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($200)
                                      SB ($265.60)
                                      Hero (BB) ($470.42)
                                      UTG ($526.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 3
                                      1 fold, Button bets $6, 1 fold, Hero raises $17, Button calls $13

Flop: ($39) 8, 8, 6 (2 players)
                                      Hero bets $21, Button calls $21

Turn: ($81) 2 (2 players)
                                      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($81) J (2 players)
                                      Hero checks, Button bets $52, Hero calls $52

Total pot: $185

Results:
                                      Button had Q, A (one pair, eights).
                                      Hero had 3, 3 (two pair, eights and threes).
                                      Outcome: Hero won $183

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                        Strewelpeter:

Your attitude would be great if there wasn't such thing as a) abusive employers and b) naive people who just do what they're told. Unfortunately, people not only need legal protection from unscrupulous employers, but those laws also need active enforcement. You only have to look at the bullshit that Flushdraw's employer has been trying to pull for the last few months for a prime example of why this is.
                                        I understand that and appreciate how very lucky I am.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So yer man from the Riverside was wrong then Damo.

You are not the only 'winker in the Village? Ah oh, what have I said?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                            799, 367, 47, 498, 603, 188, 922, 6...oh I give up.

Comment

join and like their latest status update for a pair of free tickets to some comedy show in dublin sat night.
                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                Was it the same one from your boards account?
                                                Nope, seperate completely.
                                                Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                Anyone ever had hmmm...."issues" when it came to deciding to on baby names. Herself is all set on a certain name (one which I like per say but will result in years of taunts and insults for the little punter).
                                                Normally I have little or no say in any important decisions but feel I need to argue my case on this one,at the same time however dont want to crush dreams if thats always the name she has wanted-Proceed with caution???
                                                Defo put your foot down if you don't like it IMO. I put my foot down on quite a number of crazy names. At the very least tell her your concerns, but for the love of god don't just stay stum. Don't let yourself get walked all over on decisions such as this or your life for the next 20 years is gonna resemble that of a door mat IMO.

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/DennyHomeIs?ref=nf

join and like their latest status update for a pair of free tickets to some comedy show in dublin sat night.
                                                  and lo I discover what CHD stands for
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    7pm gents. See you there.
                                                    Do they serve food?

Comment

How long is the anti-ratholing time limit on iPoker can anyone tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Do they serve food?
                                                        yes, will you join us?

chances of us actually making it into the Aquarium? (in fairness, this would probably be the +EV option)

Comment

Originally posted by pok3rplaya View Post
                                                          How long is the anti-ratholing time limit on iPoker can anyone tell me?

I think it says it on the buy in window when you try sit down. Maybe it only says how long more you have to wait.

Comment

ugh ppp update the software

Comment

Yup, not a fan tbh.

Comment

and lo I discover what CHD stands for
                                                                Could have just asked.... I'm a friendly guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  yes, will you join us?

chances of us actually making it into the Aquarium? (in fairness, this would probably be the +EV option)
                                                                  If I get out of here in time I will

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                    ugh ppp update the software
                                                                    Think its about 100 times better than iPoker was a few months ago, auto center, auto top up, table laid out much better, card sizes are better, re-sizeable tables. They've improved it a lot lately. Only complaint id have is that the tile tables button still leaves the tables slightly overlapping which annoys me a lot.
                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      Could have just asked.... I'm a friendly guy.
                                                                      What does it stand for?

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                      Think its about 100 times better than iPoker was a few months ago, auto center, auto top up, table laid out much better, card sizes are better, re-sizeable tables. They've improved it a lot lately. Only complaint id have is that the tile tables button still leaves the tables slightly overlapping which annoys me a lot.
                                                                      well i haven't actually played on the ppp software - but if it just like boyles (which i assume it is) - i don't like it at all. example 4 tabling tile tables - cards are hard to make out - like an 8 and 6 look fairly alike.
                                                                      Last edited by Ace; 11-03-10, 17:42.

Comment

does anyone want me to use their username on absolute poker as a referral for free $$
                                                                        You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
                                                                          does anyone want me to use their username on absolute poker as a referral for free $$
                                                                          ireadsoulz

tyty

What does it stand for?
                                                                          My Initials. Cillian H something D something ending with a s.

Comment

idk, the old tables fitted my screen nicely and I can't get these to fit as nice basically.

Comment

[QUOTE=CHD;28441]ireadsoulz

tyty

Done 3-5 days .. whats the story with it, do you get 50 instantly when i get mine approved and do I get extra $$ for refering you

Comment

[quote=Tony3004;28453]
                                                                                Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                ireadsoulz

tyty

Done 3-5 days .. whats the story with it, do you get 50 instantly when i get mine approved and do I get extra $$ for refering you
                                                                                Not sure but id imagine of you rake enough i get 50 and you 100 or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
                                                                                  Not sure but id imagine of you rake enough i get 50 and you 100 or something like that
                                                                                  Upon your friend's first time deposit ($50 minimum) you will be notified once again of your friend's progress. Once your friend has played in 200 real money raked hands (minimum rake of $0.50), you will receive a final email stating that your player account has been credited with $75 and your friend's Bonus Dollar player account will be credited with $50
                                                                                  could be waiting a while...

Comment

Anyone ever had hmmm...."issues" when it came to deciding to on baby names. Herself is all set on a certain name (one which I like per say but will result in years of taunts and insults for the little punter).
                                                                                    Normally I have little or no say in any important decisions but feel I need to argue my case on this one,at the same time however dont want to crush dreams if thats always the name she has wanted-Proceed with caution???
                                                                                    Myself and Mr Flushdraw were lucky that Aimee was our favourite name and we knew it was a girl. BUT my middle child is Lewis Sean, I liked the name Lewis and he (the ex) liked Sean. I came up with the argument that there were SO many Sean's in Ireland that half the town will turn round if you shout on him! Lewis isn't popular here and I won this one.

So.. come up with your argument about the name, be gentle as at this stage she will be really hormonal, irrational and as someone said. . she has been carrying the baby for a long time now and believe me it aint good fun

You don't say for a few days about the name, THEN you suggest for a middle name so she gets the name in somewhere!

Hope you get it sorted, it wont be nice to have a kid with a name you aren't too fussed on.

Comment

Oh well. u never know might get something off it someday

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                        Myself and Mr Flushdraw were lucky that Aimee was our favourite name and we knew it was a girl. BUT my middle child is Lewis Sean, I liked the name Lewis and he (the ex) liked Sean. I came up with the argument that there were SO many Sean's in Ireland that half the town will turn round if you shout on him! Lewis isn't popular here and I won this one.

So.. come up with your argument about the name, be gentle as at this stage she will be really hormonal, irrational and as someone said. . she has been carrying the baby for a long time now and believe me it aint good fun

You don't say for a few days about the name, THEN you suggest for a middle name so she gets the name in somewhere!

Hope you get it sorted, it wont be nice to have a kid with a name you aren't too fussed on.
                                                                                        So all in all - the woman is going to get her way. standard

Comment

Indo printed my letter today. Wasn't online when I checked this morning so I didn't bother buying the paper.

A mate rang just there to say he read it.

Awaiting backlash tomorrow hopefully.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            Indo printed my letter today. Wasn't online when I checked this morning so I didn't bother buying the paper.

Must have been a quiet news day...
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

One more newspaper item than that bloody Hitchhiker has managed this year. Unless...

Must have been a quiet news day...
                                                                                              It was probably a toss up between that one and "Dear sir, there are too many counties nowadays, please eliminate 2. P.S. I am not a crackpot."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Ah Delia, the poor mans Helen Mirren with added buns mmmmmm
                                                                                                Just for you

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

just looked it up there. top of the page so is for people to see

Comment

^^^
                                                                                                    That looks vaguely like twink. Shudder. Ban imo and should carry a not safe for you general health warning tags

Comment

Are liverpool playing on a "work to rule basis"......

(1) Our Manager shall not answer any questions directly, and if people continue asking questions, he will smile like a twat.......

(2) We shall not string two passes together, however if by some miracle, we do manage that, we shall ensure the third pass goes

(a) to the opposition
                                                                                                      (b) out of play
                                                                                                      (c) into no-mans land

(3) We will throw all the toys out of the pram and get needless yellow cards, while flicking our ridicolous looking hair at the referee in a hizzy fit.
                                                                                                      Last edited by smurph; 11-03-10, 19:44.
                                                                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

5 mins off from earlier in the week, I reckon there is still a good bit to go and only 20 mins off world record pace
                                                                                                        Fitness levels FTW

Comment

The term GRUESOME INDIVIDUAL is probably thrown about a little loosely but I tthink Twink is certainly a worthy candidate. Pity as was enjoying that Helen Mirren photo.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                            Are liverpool playing on a "work to rule basis"......

(1) Our Manager shall not answer any questions directly, and if people continue asking questions, he will smile like a twat.......

(2) We shall not string two passes together, however if by some miracle, we do manage that, we shall ensure the third pass goes

(a) to the opposition
                                                                                                            (b) out of play
                                                                                                            (c) into no-mans land

(3) We will throw all the toys out of the pram and get needless yellow cars, while flicking our ridicolous looking hair at the referee in a hizzy fit.
                                                                                                            (4) We shall give up on the concept of defending set-pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post

Defo put your foot down if you don't like it IMO. I put my foot down on quite a number of crazy names. At the very least tell her your concerns, but for the love of god don't just stay stum. Don't let yourself get walked all over on decisions such as this or your life for the next 20 years is gonna resemble that of a door mat IMO.
                                                                                                              I actually like the name and once the baby is happy and healthy is my general school of thought but can think of the jokes already! In general Im happy enough to go with the flow,pretty huge fan of the easy life etc and life as doormat sounds pretty appealing-horizontal is never a bad thing. On a quasi serious note though I find it hard to get too worked up about these things and prob means more to her than it does to me-I might feel differently later I guess.

Comment

What's the name? Let BBV be the judge. If the threads reputation is anything to go by, you'll have 20 years of insults in 20 minutes!

Comment

I actually like the name and once the baby is happy and healthy is my general school of thought but can think of the jokes already! In general Im happy enough to go with the flow,pretty huge fan of the easy life etc and life as doormat sounds pretty appealing-horizontal is never a bad thing. On a quasi serious note though I find it hard to get too worked up about these things and prob means more to her than it does to me-I might feel differently later I guess.
                                                                                                                  Eh, you should take it seriously for the sake of the kid!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it4cqq6ZP3Q[/ame]
                                                                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Flip for the choice of name Sam in true Jbravado fashion

Comment

Some friends of mine recently had a child. A few weeks before she was due there were a few of us over for dinner, and the conversation turned to baby names. They are married by she didn't take his name, so the said the child would have both surnames, so the initials are C and D (in that order for the babys name).

They said if it was a girl they were thinking of calling the child Orla, to which I immediately said "You can't do that, the childs initials will be OCD, that would be cruelty".

A few weeks later, the child was born, it was a girl, and they did call it Orla.

The moral of the story is twofold in this instance.

1. People don't think of the children when they are naming them.
                                                                                                                      2. I should have kept my mouth shut, and just said 'Awww, lovely" to every name possibility.

Comment

I actually like the name and once the baby is happy and healthy is my general school of thought but can think of the jokes already! In general Im happy enough to go with the flow,pretty huge fan of the easy life etc and life as doormat sounds pretty appealing-horizontal is never a bad thing.
                                                                                                                        True, but it can get annoying when you wanna meet the lads for a pint but you have to be home to mind the chap...

Just sayin' I know loads of guys who basically disappear into the night sky once a bambino comes along never to be seen again. A reduction is inevitable due to the increased responsibility and cost associated with being a Father and for definite I'm not blaming the women on this (the same thing applies to them too, probably more so in general Irish soceity), I blame the lads for their lack of backbone, once a person has gone down that road they can't really turn around.

Now what is this name???? No doubt it'll be something not bad at all after the build-up.

Comment

Evening folks.
                                                                                                                          Anything exciting going on in here the last week?
                                                                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X