X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Up in the sticks,
    Insta identified the problem imo. Get out imo

Haven't a clue about boilers ldo. But since it turned blue I'd say it's banjaxed.

Had the same problem with my washing machine but she turned back to her normal colour when I took my hands off her throat

Comment

I've a feeling there's some cunts trying to troll me and my lotto bets in the last couple of posts.

Fuck ye.

Mods, bad form for not stepping in.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        I've a feeling there's some cunts trying to troll me and my lotto bets in the last couple of posts.

Fuck ye.

reported.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Lock in in the boozer til after 4 last night, not good today

Comment

Just wondering if there's any experts in the house...

Up in the sticks, we don't have gas to heat the radiators, we use oil. We've always went through oil at an alarming rate but we've been trying to monitor it better over the last while.
            When was the last time you had it serviced?
            If it is a while or you are not sure, it probably needs a service (they Jamie Redknapp burn money if not kept in good condition!)

Oh, and the boiler is blue btw
            Lol a blue boiler
            Blue boilers are shit
            Should have gotten a red one or at a push a green

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
              -€ev
              I wont care about -€ev as I will be rich but also by shutting down the Sindo I will be responsible for improving Irish literacy rates and general IQ so I will probably end up with some type of award or goverment grant.

Comment

Ulster and Leinster to beat the overs tonight imo...

Nice double to be had

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                  I wont care about -€ev as I will be rich but also by shutting down the Sindo I will be responsible for improving Irish literacy rates and general IQ so I will probably end up with some type of award or goverment grant.
                  but you'll be giving Tony O'Reilly more money.

Can you live with that on your concience? he'd probably extinctify elephants with all the ivory backscratchers he'd buy with your money.

Comment

My goal in life is now to win the lotto and either buy the Sindo and shut it down or buy all the cameras in Ireland to avoid this happening.
                    id be watching out for these lads at your front door if i was you

Prob NSFW?
                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IzCyp-dwbs[/ame]

Comment

but you'll be giving Tony O'Reilly more money.

Can you live with that on your concience? he'd probably extinctify elephants with all the ivory backscratchers he'd buy with your money.
                      touche not the elephants thing just giving money to o'reilly

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Fuck ye.

You started it you gotta finish it!
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                          When was the last time you had it serviced?
                          If it is a while or you are not sure, it probably needs a service (they Jamie Redknapp burn money if not kept in good condition!)

Lol a blue boiler
                          Blue boilers are shit
                          Should have gotten a red one or at a push a green
                          We're only in the house just over a year and it's been looked at a couple of times already. Think we might need to look outside our usual guy that "services" it.

Comment

Think we might need to look outside our usual guy that "services" it.
                            Hmmm, id be worried Tony, you know this scenario pops up in movies a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                              Hmmm, id be worried Tony, you know this scenario pops up in movies a lot
                              It'll come down to a battle of mustaches imo
                              bonus points if the other fella has a mullet
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If the boiler is blue then i would presume that it originated from Monaghan and therefore you would be required to wash your daesel before use for optimal efficiency

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  It'll come down to a battle of mustaches imo
                                  bonus points if the other fella has a mullet
                                  It's the old Gavin from Autoglass filling cracks with his special resin Scenario

Comment

My desktop has started switching off randomly. Starts straight up again though for a couple of mins. Head gasket seems fine and it's black. Guessing it's the power supply or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      My desktop has started switching off randomly. Starts straight up again though for a couple of mins. Head gasket seems fine and it's black. Guessing it's the power supply or something?
                                      Are you pushing the on\off button. If you are then stop doing that and see if it helps

Comment

We're only in the house just over a year and it's been looked at a couple of times already. Think we might need to look outside our usual guy that "services" it.
                                        If memory serves, didn't you come home from Scotland at Christmas and the oil had completely run out?
                                        Did you just fill it with oil and fire away again or did you bleed the tank before switching back on?
                                        You may have an airlock or something similar somewhere within the system.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          You started it you gotta finish it!
                                          I think the "rubbing the money on my titties" post was a nice way to wrap it up.

Can't see where you can go after that tbh.

Comment

change the power cable into the back of the machine. if that doesn't do anything it's 90% power supply, or 10% something overheating and shorting the motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              So where is the new job based?
                                              Very clever man, very clever, I all-in!

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                Seriously confused at some of the answers regarding the rent thing.
                                                The idea that you have to leave at the end of a rental month or you're robbing the landlord is just nutso stuff.
                                                We left mid month when we moved to this house. Even although she was moaning at first about the notice not being long enough we still only had to pay her pro rata and never paid for the full month as we left on the 16th.

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                If memory serves, didn't you come home from Scotland at Christmas and the oil had completely run out?
                                                Did you just fill it with oil and fire away again or did you bleed the tank before switching back on?
                                                You may have an airlock or something similar somewhere within the system.
                                                We have a self bleeder and we have to press a special button to get it going after the oil has ran out. We bled all the rads after that to make sure.

It used to be the case that you could use either zone with the oil and heat only upstairs or downstairs or both, but this is a new thing that both pumps seem to be coming on when we only have the downstairs one on.

Comment

don't heat the house and invest in jumpers for all of you.

Comment

change the power cable into the back of the machine. if that doesn't do anything it's 90% power supply, or 10% something overheating and shorting the motherboard.
                                                    Does it actually turn off completely, or does it just reboot?
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

have a goo in the event viewer and see if anything looks amiss just before shutdown.
                                                      If it give a countdown, probable virus.
                                                      stick a shortcut on the desktop target shutdown-a
                                                      this'll cancel any existing shutdown command.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

don't heat the house and invest in jumpers for all of you.
                                                        Or sell all your jumpers to pay for extra oil

Comment

LOL zod, straight away with the hardware issues.
                                                          You'd know you do this for money

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                Planning to make hummus this evening. Got this recipe off BBC Food, which looks fairly on the ball. Anyone know where I'd get tahini?! Actually, or where i'd get chickpeas - never seen it in a supermarket, but then again never looked for it either.

Hummus

1 x 410g/14oz tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
                                                                4 tbsp water or vegetable stock
                                                                2 large cloves garlic
                                                                3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
                                                                3 tbsp lemon juice
                                                                salt, to taste
                                                                1 tbsp olive oil

1. Heat chickpeas and four tablespoons of water or vegetable stock in a saucepan.
                                                                2. When warmed through, place the chickpeas and two tablespoons of the stock or water in a food processor. Blend until roughly combined. Add the garlic, tahini and lemon juice and a couple of large pinches of salt and blend again.
                                                                3. Add the olive oil and blend again until hummus is the desired texture.
                                                                4. Serve on a flat dish topped with a drizzle of olive oil, some parsley, fried pine nuts and a sprinkling of paprika.
                                                                You can get chickpeas in any Dunnes or whatever.

There'll be tins of them wherever they keep the Old El Paso stuff, beside the kidney beans typically.

EDIT: Also let me know how you get on with this.

Got some savage stuff in the Farmlea market from the Olive Company or whatever they're called, but when I got some in the market down in Limerick it wasn't half as good, so might luck into making some of my own as well...
                                                                Last edited by Keane; 04-03-11, 15:22.

Comment

Comment

ah cheers, thought it might be some 'foreign type' of food.
                                                                    The aisle will rather off-puttingly be called "Ethnic Foods"

Comment

switched the cable and it doesn't even seem to be turning on now. Took a couple of goes to get going and even then only the fans came on. didn't seem to actually boot up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                          Does it actually turn off completely, or does it just reboot?
                                                                          judging by what he says about it booting up properly after a few minutes I'd guess it's cutting out, rather than shutting down.

It is at a fixed event or does the time between shutdows vary?
                                                                          Last edited by Zod; 04-03-11, 15:33.

Comment

switched the cable and it doesn't even seem to be turning on now. Took a couple of goes to get going and even then only the fans came on. didn't seem to actually boot up.
                                                                            It could be air locked or maybe just dirty diesel

Comment

take out and reseat the ram.

Comment

Asked if she wanted to see passport for ID and she said 'no, no need for that as all birth certificates are public documents, so anyone can request anyone's birth cert' Thought it was meant to act as some form of ID.
                                                                                Makes you wonder how identity theft goes on.

Comment

Planning to make hummus this evening. Got this recipe off BBC Food, which looks fairly on the ball. Anyone know where I'd get tahini?! Actually, or where i'd get chickpeas - never seen it in a supermarket, but then again never looked for it either.

Hummus

1 x 410g/14oz tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
                                                                                  4 tbsp water or vegetable stock
                                                                                  2 large cloves garlic
                                                                                  3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
                                                                                  3 tbsp lemon juice
                                                                                  salt, to taste
                                                                                  1 tbsp olive oil

1. Heat chickpeas and four tablespoons of water or vegetable stock in a saucepan.
                                                                                  2. When warmed through, place the chickpeas and two tablespoons of the stock or water in a food processor. Blend until roughly combined. Add the garlic, tahini and lemon juice and a couple of large pinches of salt and blend again.
                                                                                  3. Add the olive oil and blend again until hummus is the desired texture.
                                                                                  4. Serve on a flat dish topped with a drizzle of olive oil, some parsley, fried pine nuts and a sprinkling of paprika.
                                                                                  trip report needed. wouldn't know where to get sesame paste, but maybe it can be made from the seeds by grinding them down?

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                    trip report needed. wouldn't know where to get sesame paste, but maybe it can be made from the seeds by grinding them down?
                                                                                    fallon & byrnes probably, but they still charge Celtic Tiger prices.

Best chance is to go into the Asian Emporium at Jervis.

Comment

take out and reseat the ram.
                                                                                      No good ted. how worried should I be about my hard drives being damaged btw?
                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-03-11, 16:02.

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone here have any experience in using the CRO to search for information on a company's financial health?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyrunPV6P1g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Watch Bob mortimer lose it twice during this.

And if you don't like R+M I suggest you drink diesel and swallow a lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                              Anyone here have any experience in using the CRO to search for information on a company's financial health?
                                                                                              have had to do it once. What's the issue?

Comment

will do! Got the tahini in a health food store - seems to be huge in the veggie community as they had about ten different types of it!
                                                                                                Hope you bought the spiciest one
                                                                                                Last edited by RichieM; 04-03-11, 16:15.

Comment

have had to do it once. What's the issue?
                                                                                                  What documents should I be looking for? I've bought the two latest annual returns and the company printout, but they don't contain any profit/loss account or balance sheet. Is this info even available to the public? There was an article published recently in the Indo on the company that quoted a number of figures from "accounts filed" so surely this info is available somewhere?

Comment

What documents should I be looking for? I've bought the two latest annual returns and the company printout, but they don't contain any profit/loss account or balance sheet. Is this info even available to the public? There was an article published recently in the Indo on the company that quoted a number of figures from "accounts filed" so surely this info is available somewhere?
                                                                                                    Depends on how the company is set up as to what they have to publish afaik.

Comment

Depends on how the company is set up as to what they have to publish afaik.
                                                                                                      Yeah that's what I thought, but how would the Indo get the info without it being public knowledge?

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought, but how would the Indo get the info without it being public knowledge?
                                                                                                        meh probably just made it up

Comment

limited and PLC's have to publish audited accounts. Unlimited companies are bound by no such rules (hence unlimited liability).

they should be part of the audited annual returns, but I'm double checking with actual accountants at te minute and will post when I get a reply

Comment

limited and PLC's have to publish audited accounts. Unlimited companies are bound by no such rules (hence unlimited liability).

they should be part of the audited annual returns, but I'm double checking with actual accountants at te minute and will post when I get a reply
                                                                                                            There's an audit exemption under €3.7 million turnover if memory serves.
                                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

No good ted. how worried should I be about my hard drives being damaged btw?
                                                                                                              very unlikely there's any damage to the HD.

Take out the ram and the graphics card.

reseat the graphics card and boot up the machine. you should get beeping errors because there is no ram.

after that put in one stick of ram and start up again. if it still fails take it out and put the other stick in.

still no joy, then we're looking at power supply/motherboard issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                all the accounts have to be signed off by an accountant before being submitted to the CRO, to verify they are are true and accurate reflection of the companies financial position, regardless of turnover.

of course, alot of companies just don't bother filing accounts when things are going wrong.

Comment

all the accounts have to be signed off by an accountant before being submitted to the CRO, to verify they are are true and accurate reflection of the companies financial position, regardless of turnover.

of course, alot of companies just don't bother filing accounts when things are going wrong.

Oh I know but companies can avail of an audit exemption is all I meant.

Also the accountants can qualify their signatures.
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                    Even if a company is exempt from audit requirements, they must still publish their accounts to the CRO.

However the level of detail required varies depending on turnover and balance sheet figures, and I can't remember what these criteria are OTTOMH.
                                                                                                                    Obviously for smaller companies the detail required is pretty basic.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by NewApproach; 04-03-11, 16:35.

Comment

Maybe Ramirquiz emailed them??

Comment

that's odd, the blance sheet and P/L should be in the annual returns.

Comment

fallon & byrnes probably, but they still charge Celtic Tiger prices.

Best chance is to go into the Asian Emporium at Jervis.
                                                                                                                          I'll just pop down there next time I'm in the country then!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X