This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
    You can't get too close to it anymore but the area it's in is magnificent.
    "You're not allowed"

Was there before when they had a visitors centre and everything. Hook head only down the road is phenomenal in stormy seasons, whole place looks like the top of a pint of Guinness.

Was there now serious fire damage done to it in recent years too? Problems for me would be distance from local (Templars), length of driveway, (disgustingly intimidating walk!), and inbredness of locals (you're either a Wallace, a molloy or a Kelly).

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      jinxed them obv.

payback from The Situation situation imo
      karma is a bitch
      Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Heh,lots of Finkelesque characters living in the area alright.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
          This was the site i got all my info for getting my PPI back from Capitalone a while back. UK obviously, but am sure 90% of the advice would be applicable to ROI

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=169
          That site seems to be just the ticket. Cheers.

Even has a template for the SAR letter I have to write in. My potential claim could be a nice little one I reckon, I've had this CC for about 6 years. I can't remember if I always had the charge, but it seems to work out at about 1% of my outstanding balance per month, so it could add up to clearing my current balance if it was mis sold and has been there from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
            About time. Only took 5 years? Should be finished in 10 at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
              karma is a bitch
              they need the legend that is John Davison

still well in it btw
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                GO with this one imo.
                I have one that trumps the lot in the locker but am in two minds as to whether to give it to you.
                Might of asked this before but did you ever get that trillion dollar bill in the end?
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Heh,lots of Finkelesque characters living in the area alright.
                  would explain the price tag

fecker probably attempted to burn it down too

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    All you have done here is give the breakdown of how a forum runs from start to its peak.

The fact is the SF is full of double standards, modded terribly, full of lolbad rules and when people try to get involved in changing it they aren't listened too.

I am not really interested in it, just giving my opinion
                    I thought you might have needed help with understanding it

There aren't double standards, just what's seen or unseen. I obviously dispute the modding comment just as you obviously have your reasons for calling it out. People who want to get involved in changing it for the right reasons and in the right ways are listened to. Those who are preaching their own agenda for their own good are ignored.

Anyway, there are serious flaws in the forum, I'm not denying that for a second. If it was my site I think I'd run it differently, but on the whole I stand by my assertion that relatively speaking it's better now than it ever was and it's one of the better soccer forums out there.

It's not really for here though, so I'll leave it at that.

Have a lolcat

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

they need the legend that is John Davison

still well in it btw
                      aye, still (sorta) like the bet, meant purely on the odds side, could've grabbed 15/2 if I'd waited a sec

Comment

would explain the price tag

fecker probably attempted to burn it down too
                        Probably,they're having a laugh with those interior pics too.Place needs a few million in repairs and new roof etc

Comment

Having listened to yesterday's Ray Foley show it is my humble opinion that there is absolutely zero chance his team didn't cheat.

Comment

Gonne be interesting during next batting powerplay

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                              I thought you might have needed help with understanding it

There aren't double standards, just what's seen or unseen. I obviously dispute the modding comment just as you obviously have your reasons for calling it out. People who want to get involved in changing it for the right reasons and in the right ways are listened to. Those who are preaching their own agenda for their own good are ignored.

Anyway, there are serious flaws in the forum, I'm not denying that for a second. If it was my site I think I'd run it differently, but on the whole I stand by my assertion that relatively speaking it's better now than it ever was and it's one of the better soccer forums out there.

It's not really for here though, so I'll leave it at that.

Have a lolcat

I don't need help at all.

You mod there so disagree, simples. Also a waste of our time.

Heres some Cool Beans.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                About time. Only took 5 years? Should be finished in 10 at this rate.
                                Nearly six years. I think he got bored with the story for a while, took a break from it, then went back and redid almost everything he'd written. Book 4 certainly came across like it was written by an author who'd lost all interest in his story. He said on his blog he's rewritten every chapter at least twice now. I guess ultimately that's better than just churning out any old shit and sleeping on a bed of money like Robert Jordan did for years.

Maybe Jordan's death has put the shits up him and he's realised he'd better finish the series before he croaks too. Although If this book is bad, and judging by how the death of the author completely revitalised the Wheel of Time, that might not be a bad thing.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Not a huge fan of grand designs but there was one where a guy did up a castle and it was class infairness to him. If you had the time, the money and an architect who you can trust to do a good job then you could make the best house in Ireland out of it. Clearly you are paying for the views and the history but it is a shell to develop. I think 1 mill is conservative in terms of how much you would need to put in. I doubt anyone in Irelnad will be snapping it up but 4 years ago I guess anyone earning over 40k could have taken out 5mill against it to get it up and running.

Comment

Gonne be interesting during next batting powerplay
                                    they don't even need it

I told you, run rate is pretty much irrelevant here.

Comment

Nearly six years. I think he got bored with the story for a while, took a break from it, then went back and redid almost everything he'd written. Book 4 certainly came across like it was written by an author who'd lost all interest in his story. He said on his blog he's rewritten every chapter at least twice now. I guess ultimately that's better than just churning out any old shit and sleeping on a bed of money like Robert Jordan did for years.

Maybe Jordan's death has put the shits up him and he's realised he'd better finish the series before he croaks too. Although If this book is bad, and judging by how the death of the author completely revitalised the Wheel of Time, that might not be a bad thing.
                                      Is the Wheel of Time actually worth finishing off?

I read the first nine I think and by the end they were just so incredibly bad I just said enough is enough and quit.

/tugs braid

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        Having listened to yesterday's Ray Foley show it is my humble opinion that there is absolutely zero chance his team didn't cheat.
                                        I m going to the woolshed next week and just going to walk up to people and ask them for their phones to avoid cheating. Easy theft

Comment

Agreed. The last book was pretty bad, especially in comparison.

Comment

they don't even need it

I told you, run rate is pretty much irrelevant here.
                                            why so, new to this

Comment

FU

Following this and Dom's earlier endorsement I'm going to have to find time to go back and read through 4 great books, 1.5 average books, 2.5 turgid books and then finish out the series now
                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

why so, new to this
                                                because the rate required is so low that, if they stay in, they win

barring some completely FUBAR batting reminiscent of G Boycott at his most obdurate

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  Is the Wheel of Time actually worth finishing off?

I read the first nine I think and by the end they were just so incredibly bad I just said enough is enough and quit.

/tugs braid
                                                  Snap! I made it as far as the end of Book 9 and quit too. I still can't believe how a man can publish 3 books of 600+ pages each and have literally no major events take place until the end of the third one.

Several of my friends have told me that the new author has done a fantastic job wrapping up the story. Maybe some day I'll slog my way through the rest of Jordan's writing, but I think at this point I've forgotten so much that I'd have to start the whole series from scratch. I don't think I could put myself through the torture of books 7,8 and 9 again. I've already effectively given up on it.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

because the rate required is so low that, if they stay in, they win

barring some completely FUBAR batting reminiscent of G Boycott at his most obdurate
                                                    cool

Comment

cool
                                                      a couple more of those and we're all good

Comment

a couple more of those and we're all good
                                                        yeah, I'm a wuss and was just about to lay it off lol, then that overturn so not worthwhile

you on it too?

Comment

yeah, I'm a wuss and was just about to lay it off lol, then that overturn so not worthwhile

you on it too?
                                                          nope, just enjoying it

I tend to have my bets planned well in advance these days

Comment

nope, just enjoying it

I tend to have my bets planned well in advance these days
                                                            I only backed here to keep it interesting, wish I'd have been a little less interested now yesterday and done the same!!

Comment

Snap! I made it as far as the end of Book 9 and quit too. I still can't believe how a man can publish 3 books of 600+ pages each and have literally no major events take place until the end of the third one.

Several of my friends have told me that the new author has done a fantastic job wrapping up the story. Maybe some day I'll slog my way through the rest of Jordan's writing, but I think at this point I've forgotten so much that I'd have to start the whole series from scratch. I don't think I could put myself through the torture of books 7,8 and 9 again. I've already effectively given up on it.
                                                              I had this dilemma before and was told there are pretty excellent summaries available online, like a book condensed into a chapter length sort of thing...

Comment

if they can keep their wickets intact and need just 55-ish off the last 10, they really should win this

Comment

Snap again. I either quit on book 9 or maybe mid-way though book 10 - too many words, not enough action. Jordan started pulling the piss early enough though, when he started resurrecting villains killed off in the first three books, you knew at this point the dude was unwilling to let his gravy train come to a natural stop and would do anything to keep the series going - ultimately the greedy bastard went and died before finishing the thing! Sorry for sounding callous about his untimely death but what he did, considering the emotional investment people had to the books, storyline and characters, was really shitty IMHO.

George R.R. Martin is on the same track, someone better tell him to finish up sharpish!

Has anyone read 'The Lies of Locke Lamora' or its sequel? Pretty good fantasy novel, my brother recommended it to me and I enjoyed it after a few years of avoiding anything fantasy-related (instead I interspersed sci-fi classics with my typical fare of popular science and history picks); heard the author planned a trilogy but once the 1st book sold well he changed his plan to a series of seven books! ARGH!
                                                                  Last edited by ionapaul; 03-03-11, 15:37.

Comment

if they can keep their wickets intact and need just 55-ish off the last 10, they really should win this
                                                                    lol jinxaments

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

111/5

I remember a team being on that score yesterday and winning

edit; and the new batsman has a cool name

Comment

question for the BBV to settle an office dispute. People are argueing that spring starts in March but I and others think Febuary is the start of spring. Does anyone have an answer to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                            question for the BBV to settle an office dispute. People are argueing that spring starts in March but I and others think Febuary is the start of spring. Does anyone have an answer to this?
                                                                            that would mean August is part of autumn

which is daft

your colleagues are right

Comment

March 20th at approx 1104 GMT

Comment

Has anyone seen 'The Rite' yet. If not don't go. Easily the worst film I've seen this year so far.
                                                                                Last edited by The Situation; 03-03-11, 15:45.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Do rugby Autumn internationals not start in August?

Comment

Canada

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dQE1OSHnsE[/ame]

Comment

Do rugby Autumn internationals not start in August?
                                                                                      not unless they moved November to August when I wasn't looking

Comment

In school I was always told February March April = Spring, May June July = Summer etc.

It's clearly wrong but I doubt its the sort of thing which is categorically defined anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Has anyone seen 'The Rite' yet. If not don't go. Easily the worst film I've seemn this year so far.
                                                                                          'unknown' and 'the adjustment bureau' opening tomorrow should be good.

Comment

at least we can now retain our status as premier causer of shock upsets

Comment

wow

900k?

I'd buy it at that price.
                                                                                              Those internal photos look scanned to me; probably from a set taken the last time the house was presentable (as a hotel in the 1980s) - god only knows the state of it now!

A friend of a friend comes from Fethard-On-Sea; it is an 'the end of the earth' kinda place, maybe a nice place to retire. Even if you had the dough to buy the place, modernise it and keep it lit and warm, you'd probably have a 'town house' in Dublin / London where you'd spend the majority of your time anyway - not much to do in Fethard-On-Sea I bet!

Comment

By the seasons we were taught in school it starts in feb. In reality it never starts at all...
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  In school I was always told February March April = Spring, May June July = Summer etc.

It's clearly wrong but I doubt its the sort of thing which is categorically defined anywhere.
                                                                                                  Was taught this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                    A friend of a friend comes from Fethard-On-Sea; it is an 'the end of the earth' kinda place, maybe a nice place to retire. Even if you had the dough to buy the place, modernise it and keep it lit and warm, you'd probably have a 'town house' in Dublin / London where you'd spend the majority of your time anyway - not much to do in Fethard-On-Sea I bet!
                                                                                                    you could always ostracise your neighbours based on their religious affiliation

usually keeps them entertained for years down there

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                      Was taught this as well.
                                                                                                      Imagine being taught something incorrect in an Irish primary school

Comment

It starts in March. The education system has failed you.

Comment

Spring starts in February ffs.

Comment

It starts in March. The education system has failed you.
                                                                                                            Stick to chavball bro.

Comment

I was taught this too and my 5 year old daughter has just been taught the same.

St Brigit's Day = 1st day of Spring (the wan with the reeds)
                                                                                                              Last edited by Sirtoyou; 03-03-11, 15:52.

Comment

still very doable btw

Comment

Stick to chavball bro.
                                                                                                                  It starts in March.

Comment

still very doable btw
                                                                                                                    nice sweat

edit: lol

Comment

nice sweat

edit: lol
                                                                                                                      was a bit cruel alright

if it wasn't for ol' Shahid, the Pakis would have lost this

Comment

It starts in March.
                                                                                                                        Love the internet.

February.

Comment

of course it is, the summer solstice and the winter solstice are the 21st june and 21st december respectively(give or take a day depending on the year), so spring and autumn start on the 21st march and 21st september (+- 1 day).

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X