This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
    This is tilting the bejaysus out of me! Good performance last night but come on dont hail him as some new hero. Probably because its coming from the sun newspaper.

Danny if you can't even get the Sun when it is being sarcastic there is no hope for ya :-)

Wd on your SE win btw. Just read it now.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      Sorry I don't follow...as I said I know pretty much nothing about how things work
      1. there is nothing that can force the government to resign and call an election (apart from a potential internal split)

2. they would be very stupid to call an election as they are so unpopular that they would lose up to half their seats. A bloodbath.

3. therefore they are holding on and vainly hoping for some magical fairy-dust to fall (that famous corner that Lenihan claimed we had turned) and make things all better so that they might get some credit for this and do less badly in the election. This will not happen but false hope is better than no hope. Plus they get to ride around in Ministerial Mercs for a while longer.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        1. there is nothing that can force the government to resign and call an election (apart from a potential internal split)

2. they would be very stupid to call an election as they are so unpopular that they would lose up to half their seats. A bloodbath.

3. therefore they are holding on and vainly hoping for some magical fairy-dust to fall (that famous corner that Lenihan claimed we had turned) and make things all better so that they might get some credit for this and do less badly in the election. This will not happen but false hope is better than no hope. Plus they get to ride around in Ministerial Mercs for a while longer.
        I'd say the main thing they are hoping for is that Enda Kenny stays on a tFine Gael as he is the main stumbling block ot huge amounts of people voting for them I'd imagine.

Comment

So the only way to get rid of them atm is a banana republic style coup? Who's with me!?

Comment

Beat: Playing 25/50 plo and get AAQK ds first hand ($50) and lose my buy in to 579T rainbow , AIPF . Ughhh
            Brag:Rebuy for the min $10 and cashed out for $382

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              I'd say the main thing they are hoping for is that Enda Kenny stays on a tFine Gael as he is the main stumbling block ot huge amounts of people voting for them I'd imagine.
              yeah, I think most FG supporters would even recognise this at this stage. Richard Bruton carries more credibility.

The problem is that if he didn't go over the George Lee debacle, what will force him out?

Comment

I'm not gonna be online much over the next few days so may as well stick this up now

Sat 13th March

08:30 - Rugby Super14 Brumbies v Sharks SS4
                12:00 - Soccer SPL Kilmarnock v Celtic SS2
                12:30 - Soccer EPL Spurs v Blackburn SS1
                14:30 - Rugby 6N Ireland v Wales BBC1, RTE2
                15:00 - Soccer EPL Chelsea v Wolves Set Ireland
                17:00 - Rugby 6N England v Scotland BBC1, RTE2
                17:30 - Soccer EPL Hull v Arsenal ESPN
                19:00 - Soccer La Liga Gijon v Bilbao SS3
                19:30 - GAA NFL Dublin v Monaghan Set Ireland
                19:30 - GAA NFL Tyrone v Cork Setanta
                21:00 - Soccer La Liga Seville v Deportivo SS3

Sun 14th March

13:30 - Soccer EPL Man United v Fulham SS1
                14:30 - Rugby 6N France v Italy BBC1, RTE 2
                14:30 - Hurling NHL Cork v Kilkenny TG4
                16:00 - Soccer EPL Sunderland v Man City SS1
                19:00 - Soccer La Liga Barcelona v Valencia SS1
                20:00 - Soccer La Liga Valladolid v Real Madrid SS1

Comment

Very interesting article for us maths and stats nerds with an interest in Rugby.

Its an analysis of Global Media with reference to the 6 Nations. Its pretty cool tbh

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    I'm not gonna be online much over the next few days so may as well stick this up now

Sat 13th March

08:30 - Rugby Super14 Brumbies v Sharks SS4
                    12:00 - Soccer SPL Kilmarnock v Celtic SS2
                    12:30 - Soccer EPL Spurs v Blackburn SS1
                    14:30 - Rugby 6N Ireland v Wales BBC1, RTE2
                    15:00 - Soccer EPL Chelsea v Wolves Set Ireland
                    17:00 - Rugby 6N England v Scotland BBC1, RTE2
                    17:30 - Soccer EPL Hull v Arsenal ESPN
                    19:00 - Soccer La Liga Gijon v Bilbao SS3
                    19:30 - GAA NFL Dublin v Monaghan Set Ireland
                    19:30 - GAA NFL Tyrone v Cork Setanta
                    21:00 - Soccer La Liga Seville v Deportivo SS3

Sun 14th March

13:30 - Soccer EPL Man United v Fulham SS1
                    14:30 - Rugby 6N France v Italy BBC1, RTE 2
                    14:30 - Hurling NHL Cork v Kilkenny TG4
                    16:00 - Soccer EPL Sunderland v Man City SS1
                    19:00 - Soccer La Liga Barcelona v Valencia SS1
                    20:00 - Soccer La Liga Valladolid v Real Madrid SS1
                    roll on the cricket season imo

Comment

I'm a new SKY+ user, and on Saturday evening I was flicking around and saw that RTE2's football highlights was on at 8pm or so. Got myself settled in to watch, (so I didnt have to wait for MOTD at 10.30 on BBC1), just as its about to start screen goes blue and some message on screen.

Is this something to do with Sky/BSB rights for premiership matches, Anyone know the story here?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnY_HUqTgiA[/ame]

Comment

What was the message, and where are you based?
                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              Messrs Raoul Duke III and Solskjaer - are we convening for some vino tomorrow evening?
                              I am anyway...motorcar will remain in situ

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                Very interesting article for us maths and stats nerds with an interest in Rugby.

Its an analysis of Global Media with reference to the 6 Nations. Its pretty cool tbh
                                That's only for starters, there's a full 50 page suplement magazine on the 'Business of Rugby Union' in the FT today if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                  Beer at lunch time is fckin great. Going to try and do it more regularly.
                                  is it just me or is that a very 'English thing'?

I've always been amazed on my work jaunts to London at the willingness of lads to go out and have 4/5 pints in an hour at lunchtime. They never go out after work though!

Whereas we'd be more the other way around in my limited observance. Maybe it's got more to do with the size of London and the massive commute they face?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BlkScholes55 View Post
                                      That's only for starters, there's a full 50 page suplement magazine on the 'Business of Rugby Union' in the FT today if you're interested.
                                      Now I've to go buy this.

I'm half way through these stupid "personal statements" required for Masters Courses. I've never had to write so much stuff about myself. My ego is inflating by the second.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                        What was the message, and where are you based?
                                        Can't remember, tho think it was something along the lines of "signal not being rec'd"

i'm in NI

Comment

Now I've to go buy this.

I'm half way through these stupid "personal statements" required for Masters Courses. I've never had to write so much stuff about myself. My ego is inflating by the second.
                                          Sweet, maybe I can deflate it a bit tonight if you are about for our HU game?

Comment

Anyone any knowledge of alternatives to PowerPoint? Such a stupid way of trying to help people learn. Thinking about something like maybe: http://prezi.com/ but would anyone have better ideas?
                                            openoffice.org has a free program which is almost exactly the same as powerpoint.

Are you looking for a completely different method? Or just another "presentation" style program?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                  Can't remember, tho think it was something along the lines of "signal not being rec'd"

i'm in NI
                                                  The Norn Iron thing could be it alright. what way is you viewing card set up? what channel is at 101?
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Probably emerges from the idea of the traditional Fleet Street journalist who would alternate their time between pub and office in nearly equal measures. Pub didn't look too busy, so mustn't have reached the Northern part of the country yet! It's fairly standard in the likes of Germany though. You'd see crowds of middle-aged men of all professions standing outside pubs sipping their beers at 8, 9 in the morning - a quick beer before going to work is something that hasn't yet taken off over here
                                                    you must never have been in Neds of Townsend Street at 8am before

(shivers)

Comment

yeah, something totally different. Just to see if it works better...
                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Drinking during lunch breaks is messin unless you work somewhere like the post office where you have 2 1/2hrs lunch break or something ridiculously long.
                                                        But imo why the Irish dont generaly go in for it is because they dont like to tease themselves by having just one or two in the constraints of an hour lunchtime it has to be full duck or no dinner drinking tme wise.

Comment

Sweet, maybe I can deflate it a bit tonight if you are about for our HU game?
                                                          I'll try be available tonight, if I can't play tonight, it could be a week before I'm playing next. (see below)

BBV help required

There's a girl coming over from America to spend 12/13 days here, arriving Friday. She's cool, kind of a hippy, big into tattoos and nature and music. I've to keep her entertained, as I'm the only one of the 4 of us who stayed with her who has their own place.

What do I need to bring her to?
                                                          1- Dublin Bikes "jaunt" round the city
                                                          2- Dublin Nightlife (Temple Bar unfortunately)
                                                          3- Cliffs of Moher / Out Whesht in general.

Any other ideas (that are cheap, and easy to organise) would be real helpful!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                              Well Fran asked was it good or bad. I'm saying for a guy of his age/size he should easily beat what is a relatively poor time.

As for me, you've seen me, I weigh 15.7 stones (as of yesterdays weigh in) , I'm a bit older than Fran so, assign me a time for a 10k race and let's do a Prop bet. GIve me a bit of time to train for it though .

For the record my best time was about 36 mins minutes but that was a long long time ago and a couple of knee ops.
                                                              I'd say 50 Mins for 10K is fair. How about 200 quid to a Charity the loser pays, my favourite one is Vincent De Paul and much needed atm.

To run 10k in 1 hour you are running 1k in 6 minutes or .62 of a mile. That is kind of slow. If I were to run 7.5 minute miles I'd do the 10k in under 47 minutes. So 10k for 50 mins gives me some age/injury leeway.
                                                              Yeah i had a feeling it was on the slow side, not a chance i will give you action at 50 mins let me run a few 10ks and i will come back to you with an even money proposal.

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                              I'll have a think about this willie but i`d be more inclined to do a combined bet with me and you running together and possibly adding our times to beat a time set by another poster/s who fancy a go at our prop bet and yup all proceeds go to charity.
                                                              Just on the running thing i`ve never seriously competed further than 100m and ran one cross country race when i was 15 and nearly calved after 200m which i retired after .
                                                              In saying that i`d do play GAAAAAAAAA and have just started back training this week.
                                                              What do you reckon about this some sort of combined match bet or something like that anyway????
                                                              Prop bets are great fun I would be up for it.

Comment

If you're coming wesht, give us a PM with dates, I'll check what gigs etc are on around here and see if I can sort any discounts. Them yanks love all that wesht stuff, daily bus tours from the city are reasonable enough according to my lodger.
                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

A song for the day that's in it. The hula-hoop segment at 2.05 is probably the most hypnotizing image of female perfection I have ever seen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18_OO8TD78[/ame]

Comment

Comment

In fairness, not just the yanks love the place. I'm a big fan of the "old Ireland" in the real rural West.

I'll probably drive out, give a bit more flexibility that way. Was planning on heading up to Sligo/Bundoran to do some surfing too, as I've a decent relationship with a surf school up there.

Galway is a must, my favourite place in Ireland bar Dublin (Home is home is home is home etc).

Where are you set? Galway?

Comment

Bring her down to Waterford where she can see where the Crystal used to be made and get a true taste of the new Ireland in one of the country's premier employment blackspots

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                          The hula-hoop segment at 2.05 is probably the most hypnotizing image of female perfection I have ever seen.

Check out naomi russell for a 'hypnotizing image of female perfection' instead of that tripe imo

Song actually has me tilted

Comment

Bring her down to Waterford where she can see where the Crystal used to be made and get a true taste of the new Ireland in one of the country's premier employment blackspots
                                                                            Cynicism ftw.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Anyone any knowledge of alternatives to PowerPoint? Such a stupid way of trying to help people learn. Thinking about something like maybe: http://prezi.com/ but would anyone have better ideas?
                                                                              What are you trying to teach?

Different subject matters can have very different approaches.
                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I was going to reply that they were in Cork, not Waterford, when I realised what you were talking about.

Waterford Crystal < Crystal Swing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                  Check out naomi russell for a 'hypnotizing image of female perfection' instead of that tripe imo

Yeah I was expecting something along the lines of Jessica Alba in Sin City and was instead greeted by something that would not be misplaced in High School Musical or Glee.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                    A song for the day that's in it. The hula-hoop segment at 2.05 is probably the most hypnotizing image of female perfection I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18_OO8TD78
                                                                                    Ive heard this song a few times on Phantom. I didnt know it was her.
                                                                                    I am a big big big fan of Zooey Deschanel. So beautiful. I fell in love with her over the 90 mins it
                                                                                    took to watch 500 days of summer.

Comment

The Norn Iron thing could be it alright. what way is you viewing card set up? what channel is at 101?
                                                                                      101 is BBC1 NI
                                                                                      102 is BBC2 NI
                                                                                      103 is ITV/UTV

Must be the NI factor, I suppose a call to SKY might be in order here?

Comment

I'll try be available tonight, if I can't play tonight, it could be a week before I'm playing next. (see below)

BBV help required

There's a girl coming over from America to spend 12/13 days here, arriving Friday. She's cool, kind of a hippy, big into tattoos and nature and music. I've to keep her entertained, as I'm the only one of the 4 of us who stayed with her who has their own place.

Put a day trip to Newgrange top of your list for this girl IMO
                                                                                        If its a nice day visit all the monuments going to Newgrange last if you can
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

101 is BBC1 NI
                                                                                          102 is BBC2 NI
                                                                                          103 is ITV/UTV

Must be the NI factor, I suppose a call to SKY might be in order here?
                                                                                          Other UK variants will be down around 900 in your EPG.
                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                            Yeah I was expecting something along the lines of Jessica Alba in Sin City and was instead greeted by something that would not be misplaced in High School Musical or Glee.
                                                                                            Philistines imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Put a day trip to Newgrange top of your list for this girl IMO
                                                                                              If its a nice day visit all the monuments going to Newgrange last if you can
                                                                                              never actually been to Newgrange myself!

That could be a good call, to break up the drive from Dublin to Bundoran...

Comment

I don't know if they'll let you switch to "ROI" viewing card set up, 101 would be rte then. Obviously you're lumped in with UK so the RTE footie programming is blocked due to UK rights. on the ROI cards some programmes on channel 4 get blocked cos they're in competition with tv3.
                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

BBV help required

Saw something on Nationwide recently about night time walks in Wicklow (think Sally Gap) around some lakes. They do it everytime there is a full moon and its guided. Literally out all night until day break. Can't remember the name of the group that do it but I'm sure google will help.

Comment

In fairness, not just the yanks love the place. I'm a big fan of the "old Ireland" in the real rural West.

I'll probably drive out, give a bit more flexibility that way. Was planning on heading up to Sligo/Bundoran to do some surfing too, as I've a decent relationship with a surf school up there.

Galway is a must, my favourite place in Ireland bar Dublin (Home is home is home is home etc).

Where are you set? Galway?
                                                                                                    Nope, Limerick, but I'd possibly know a promoter or two in Gaillimh also.
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                      I thought that's what it was!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E_l82UqcLQ[/ame]

Guess they know now.

Comment

never actually been to Newgrange myself!

That could be a good call, to break up the drive from Dublin to Bundoran...
                                                                                                          Ah yeah its a good place to bring her, and they have all these claddagh broach stalls and all that crack around afterwards which they seem to love.
                                                                                                          The Dublin Literary pub crawl is always a good option for bringing visitors to and like all Dubliners youll learn as much yourself as the visitors!. Its been a few years since ive been to this but it was a great nite out.

Comment

WTF Paddy Power trying to recruit Tiger

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...on-poker-offer

Comment

first turned up in the papers a week or two ago.
                                                                                                              "It is very unlikely that Woods would ever accept such an offer, and a representative for IMG said that it was not seriously considered. PGA rules prohibit players from promoting gambling companies, among other institutions."

You can be damn sure PP knew this full well, Some free viral Marketing.
                                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

anyone ever used toptable.com for booking meals abroad? any use?

Comment

gimmebreak

It will depend on if i'm playing the 100 monthly game and also on the guarantee that we try that bottle of Vino that El Raoul the Stuntturd has mentioned. My other half is Finnish so she will pick the perfect cheese for it for if I take a triumphant wine tasting experiece home. Last bottle of expensive vino was a disappointment. Apparently it was 'off/corked' but I was too drunk to care/notice and did meself in for a wee while. The 12 large bottles of Tiger beforehand had nothing to do with it imo.

So Yes Is my answer. Grab another soul or two and we can buy a couple of bottles. I'm feeling generous.
                                                                                                                  Get Tony Flushdraw (or Wes) in and we can wet the babies wee noggins

EMMETT

take that chick to the wellwoman centre when you are finsihed with her, nice building if I rmember correctly

Comment

actually, what card game is on tomorrow night in Dub? travelling up for the match Saturday, could be about tomorrow night.
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Englands best batsman out for the 1st test v Bangladesh

Comment

actually, what card game is on tomorrow night in Dub? travelling up for the match Saturday, could be about tomorrow night.
                                                                                                                        The Se 100 monthly event, Via La Cave, bring some cheese and tuc biscuits to discuss the snooty ones.

Comment

Englands best batsman out for the 1st test v Bangladesh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/8559235.stm
                                                                                                                          ìt's hardly a 'test' vs the Banglas

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X