Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few extra percent or an absolutely perfect candidate selection strategy could have delivered FG a majority......or a few independents for that matter declaring for FG.

Ross, Wallace, Lowry, McGrath and a few like that and they'd be there. A lack of ambition at the start of the campaign perhaps? This is my problem with FG over the last 2 years. They've never positioned themselves as a government in waiting. Humble is one thing but an overly cautious approach is a bigger mistake imo. The result is we get Joan Burton bleating for the poor public sector for another few years whilst the country changes too slowly......
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Lol, Labour guy dying his hair red in Dun laoghire. Muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        that Nuacht girl is the hotness
        pics or gtfo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Mary Hanafin looking fooked.

Delighted for the Worzel Gummidge haired gee bag

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Most people just switched to TV3 I'd imagine
            I have a general policy in place of avoiding that as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              . The result is we get Joan Burton bleating for the poor public sector for another few years whilst the country changes too slowly......
              The prospect of this seriously depresses me.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                The prospect of this seriously depresses me.
                I doubt she will get much coverage in China, so you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Is it that abomination called Sol beer? I was there last night and the fuckers couldn't give it away, kept leaving free bottles on the table for us and most of them were left undrank.
                  You're like this in Music King as well, I'll take no notice :P

Comment

VIVA HERNANDEZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shane Ross smashes it, holy shit

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wow Ross doing a Willie O'D

Didnt think he was that popular.

Comment

AJ - someone in Dub South got 71 first prefs

Comment

Doesnt change the fact that he is a complete idiot who does absolutely fuck all. Depressing that he will get back in.

hold up isn't he the top drawer of expenses for the past 2 years

Comment

holy shit, hangover..... too scared to shit in case my head explodes.
                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how they decide what votes to transfer from a surplus? Which 5k of Shane Ross's 17k votes will get transferred? Surely depending on the 5k chosen, different results could happen? This is a thing that has always confused me, but I never thought about it too much.

Comment

God I hope Bacik gets no where near the Dail, sexist wench.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Can someone explain to me how they decide what votes to transfer from a surplus? Which 5k of Shane Ross's 17k votes will get transferred? Surely depending on the 5k chosen, different results could happen? This is a thing that has always confused me, but I never thought about it too much.
                                      All 17K votes are counted to work the % of the 5K thats split between the remainding candidates.

However the actual physical ballot papers that are transferred are chosen randomly - in line with the %'s of course

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                        holy shit, hangover..... too scared to shit in case my head explodes.
                                        That can be quite dangerous..can sometimes result in death I think..
                                        SPOILER
                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Chaos in Waterford

RTEwaterford
                                          #Wd we're being told that the final tally looks to be out by about 2 thousand votes. #ge11. Not known whether they were city or county votes

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                            What's her deal?
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                What's her deal?
                                                Eddie Izzard?

Comment

France 3.9 at the off
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lol interview with beardy FG guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      France 3.9 at the off
                                                      I know I couldnt resist topping up at that price....

An early french try and Ill lay some off.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Sinn Fein performance is amazing, considering that Labour had only 20 seats in the last dail, and Sinn Fein probably going to end with 16.
                                                        Labour did a bit of damage to themselves before the last one though didn't they!?

+
                                                        id imagine you would find a lot who would consider themselves on the left in this country who don't actually like labour and vote from them due to lack of options as much as anything else

Id guess the young (18-25) don't have the problems with the shinners that the rest of us have (yet) and get swept up in the guff

more fool them imo

Comment

What's her deal?

Strong left who believes in quotas for women and men weren't allow attend a meeting with some British Baroness.

Comment

862 spoiled votes for the wexford droolers.

How hard is 1,2,3?

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post

How hard is 1,2,3?
                                                              862 votes for the Blaah, it will be a TD one day.

Comment

France 3.9 at the off
                                                                matched 5.1 after England scored the penalty. Unreal!

Comment

Whats with the Wallace bloke?

Was he NAMAtised?

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post

How hard is 1,2,3?
                                                                    Some people will spoil deliberately as a form of protest that all the candidates are shite

Originally posted by Fullof..It
                                                                    Thoughts on Wallace Kev?
                                                                    Will be interesting to see what happens with this new clatter of 'national' independents, especially if FG get up around 76+ and could end up going into Govt with them

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                      People seem to have this opinion but I think she's exactly the type of person we need. Reid Professor of criminal law at 28, pro-choice, pro-gay, educated at Trinity and LSE, obviously really fucking smart and not a chance that she's in any way corrupt, youngish and progressive.

Better than most fucking gombeen men in this country.

Comment

Is BBC always this shit? Has a bunch of matches on L that are clearly over.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                          People seem to have this opinion but I think she's exactly the type of person we need. Reid Professor of criminal law at 28, pro-choice, pro-gay, educated at Trinity and LSE, obviously really fucking smart and not a chance that she's in any way corrupt, youngish and progressive.

Better than most fucking gombeen men in this country.
                                                                          I agree with you that she is broadly speaking the type of person you want, but some of her thoughts on gender bias are extremely tilting tbf.

Comment

Some people will spoil deliberately as a form of protest that all the candidates are shite

Will be interesting to see what happens with this new clatter of 'national' independents, especially if FG get up around 76+ and could end up going into Govt with them
                                                                            Is there a danger Wallace can be made bankrupt btw?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              There was two seats for the taking for Fine Gael in Kildare South on those figures.
                                                                              you mean Kildare North? - only the one FG person ran in KS, i think - Heydon
                                                                              If they'd ran two in KS they could have got both elected. Hayden got 1.4 of a quotas so if him and a running mate had split the constituency in two they'd have got maybe .7 of a quota each which would get them both elected on count 6 or 7.
                                                                              Instead one guy waltzes in on count 1 and his transfers go out of the party.

Easy to analyse afterwards obviously, running two could have backfired and then i'd have been criticising their two candidate strategy!

Comment

Coughlan well fucked it seems in Donegal.

Actually if her collegue is eliminated before her, she will maybe get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  I agree with you that she is broadly speaking the type of person you want, but some of her thoughts on gender bias are extremely tilting tbf.
                                                                                  I mean I agree, but I think sometimes its a bit too easy to get tilted as a man when a woman says stuff like that, while tilting, there isn't zero truth to it I'm sure.

But overall like you said, I just think that she's super smart, passionate at least and likely very ethical and thats really more than I could even expect given what we've had over the last 20 years.

Comment

France/Chabal killing themselves here...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                      Why is he playing? Hes muck.

Comment

Hes a donkey most overrated player anywhere

Comment

How does he not give a yellow there?

Comment

France are killing it?
                                                                                            Well that's great, we're doing just great.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                Why is he playing? Hes muck.
                                                                                                Lièvremont is a nutter.

Easter not getting yellow there was an awful decision.

Clancy is the worst participant on the pitch tbh.

Comment

862 votes for the Blaah, it will be a TD one day.
                                                                                                  It's Blaa.Blaas are from Waterford,you mong.
                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

France are killing it?
                                                                                                    Well that's great, we're doing just great.

Be patient young padwan

Comment

Wexford/Waterford, it's a big mesh to me tbh, tucked away up there.

Comment

How does he not give a yellow there?
                                                                                                        EXACTLY! It basically condemns the game to become a penalty fest. One guy gets a card in the 2nd half but its bullshit and its too little too late.

Comment

Is BBC always this shit? Has a bunch of matches on L that are clearly over.
                                                                                                          Skeleton staff after recent redundancies demonstrating they have only one pair of hands

Comment

Wexford/Waterford, it's a big mesh to me tbh, tucked away up there.
                                                                                                            Waterford = 'Sunny South-East'

Wexford = home to several thousand Finkel's and the potato.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post

lol!
                                                                                                              I do love potatoes all the same, what is their claim to it? Just that they grow it...

Comment

Great seeing all these FF fuckwits conceeding defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post

Don't forget strawberries.

Comment

First Music King match of the weekend open now.Please take a couple of minutes to vote.

Cardshark202 v AndyFB

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        Coughlan well fucked it seems in Donegal.

Actually if her collegue is eliminated before her, she will maybe get in.
                                                                                                                        If a couple of thousand of Dohertys surplus goes to Pringle (I don't know if their policies are similar enough for this to happen) then she could be blown out of the water.

Comment

Wonder if Clancy forgot his cards? Or his warnings? Last two England penalties have been blatant hands in rucks....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X