Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
      Morning folks.

Anyone drunk?

This may help...

SPOILER

...you to puke

You're a bad man.
      I struggled to turn it off, was getting drawn in.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

lol Danny, careful now!

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        lol, lovely. My mother used to wake me up in the middle of the afternoon singing that while throwing open the curtains, good times, though I wasn't overly pleased at the time.

This one too...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5HCDGJsvM[/ame]
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

lol Danny, careful now!

lol, lovely. My mother used to wake me up in the middle of the afternoon singing that while throwing open the curtains, good times, though I wasn't overly pleased at the time.

This one too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5HCDGJsvM
            Lol, my mum used to always sing that too. Not in a wake me up kind of way, more a please shut up we're watching tv.

The hoover was the bane of my childhood, any of you have your mum come in and start hoovering the sittingroom while you were watching tv? Used to drive me off my tits.
            Last edited by dannydiamond; 26-02-11, 02:22.

Comment

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp7_u0kcQRo[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

on a bit of a beatles buzz at the moment. excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgrrQwLdME8
                        He is making a balls of that tbf.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Jwfv8WQMA[/ame]

Comment

Can't be posting beatles clips without a tune from the best album ever recorded(stone roses a closeish second).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqXmBy1_qOQ[/ame]

Comment

Some cracking (imo) Beatles covers done in the I Am Sam soundtrack (excellent movie as well)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moleabskc1E[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPyR08QrrgU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EdL2JWSnSQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJwLAxlio9w[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPedhK1sGEA[/ame]
                            Last edited by tylerdurden94; 26-02-11, 03:03.
                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Live poker is obv rigged. That is all!
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Sorry Danny, those attempts are an abomination,bar one.
                                Beatles tracks should never be 'covered', you'll never ever improve upon any origional beatles tune. Eddie Vedders effort wasn't bad though to be fair, quite like it!

This is the origional, listen to this, it can't be improved upon. Forget the vid, close your eyes and listen, it's magic.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAlrFJbGdgw[/ame]
                                Last edited by dannydiamond; 26-02-11, 03:17.

Comment

Personation once again...

Vote early, vote often....

By Damian Corless

Q: The State's register of electors was this week described as A: Chaotic? B: A shambles? C: A farce? D: A disgrace? E: All of the above?

The correct answer is E: All of the above. A more detailed multiple choice would also include the options 'incomplete', 'out of date', 'a joke', 'unacceptable' and 'an open invitation to electoral fraud'.

The Labour Party claims that the register might be off the mark by 800,000 people, leading to massive distortions in constituency boundaries and election results. Environment Minister Dick Roche guesstimates that the register is out by only 300,000, making the massive distortions less massive.

Last week Labour's Eamon Gilmore said: "Virtually everyone involved in politics can recount the experience of canvassing in housing estates or blocks of flats where the names on the register bear little relationship to those actually living in these houses or apartments."

This week Taoiseach Bertie Ahern broached this long-time open secret of the political inside track. He told the Dail: "While the campaign to get people on the register is very active, the problem is that people never come off it. I have seen houses in my constituency where 80 people are supposedly living. That is very difficult since these houses are supposed to have only four or five bedrooms. There was an extraordinary voter turn-out in some of those houses in the last general election."

Bertie's dig was one of several directed at Sinn Fein as the House debated electoral fraud. The sudden rush to mend the gaping holes in the register is a belated reaction to the growing electoral threat posed by SF in the South, especially to Fianna Fail. In the mid-week, officials from Dick Roche's department met with local authorities to plan a door-to-door blitz of the country over the coming months which will result in a much improved draft electoral register to be published in November.

Opposition parties and number crunchers have criticised the planned blitz as akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The Government has defended it as a short-term solution to a long-term problem. But how did such a key mechanism of the democratic process get to be in such a shambolic state of affairs if everyone in politics has known about it being so bad for so long?

Mary Harney hinted at the answer when she recalled that when she first entered politics, each local party branch took pains to see that the register was kept up to date. What she didn't say was that the parties did this updating in a strictly partisan way, being only interested in keeping likely supporters on the live register.

In the game of political football played since the foundation of the State, the electoral register has been widely regarded not so much as part of the rule book, but as something to be kicked around. In tandem, personation at the polling booth in Ireland equated with Maradona's Hand of God goal in Argentina, with many reasoning that if you've the bottle to chance your arm, and you get away with it, fair dues.

Early Free State electioneering was not for the faint-hearted. After the 1927 campaign, a Fianna Fail TD complained in the Dail that the police in Kerry had torn down his party's posters, commandeered FF election cars, roughed up FF election workers and confiscated electoral registers from FF personation officers.

In 1932, FF began a 16-year stint in power, and soon was the target of routine denunciations that it was soft on personation. The party of law and order, Fine Gael, fired off questions in the Dail demanding to know why prosecutions for electoral fraud plummeted after it lost office. One FG deputy asked the Justice Minister rhetorically: "Is it due to the fact that his party is kept in office by reason of this abominable practice?"

Fine Gael repeatedly attacked Fianna Fail for interfering with the judicial process, with the Minister for Justice exercising a 'prerogative of mercy' to have court sentences reduced or quashed. The response was sometimes one of open contempt. In 1934 Fine Gael tabled a question asking how many times the Minister had exercised the prerogative in the preceding period. Five times, said the Minister. The Fine Gael deputy pressed him. Was that all?

"Oh no," said the Minister. "There were some before that."

By 1960 electoral fraud had become the elephant in the room of Irish politics. As Independent Deputy Frank Sherwin complained to the Justice Minister that year: "There are at least 25,000 voters personated at every election and the Garda do not act. How many persons were imprisoned for personation in the last general election? None. It's treated as a joke."

The Minister jokingly replied: "Judging by what the Deputy says, some members of this House must have got in that way."

Sherwin thundered on: "All the parties treat it as a joke, that is why the Act is broken in 1,001 ways and no-one is ever charged. The parties behave like gangsters in Chicago. They look upon it as their business, not the guards' business."

When the guards have made it their business, the public has paid attention. During one election, it was reported: "Crowds lined the Ballhooly Road in Cork to watch an exciting chase by a Civic Guard Sergeant in a commandeered car, after a man suspected of personation. Around 8pm the man presented himself at the booth and asked for a voting paper. The vote in that name had already been cast.

"Sgt Sexton and Guard Finn requested him to accompany them to an address which he gave. The man agreed but when the party had gone a short distance he suddenly broke away and ran towards the centre of the city. The guards gave chase through the crowds. Sergeant Sexton stopped a passing motorist, commandeered the car, and drove after the man who took cover in Labour Party headquarters."

But not even that car chase was as dramatic as the events of February 18, 1982 when Charles Haughey's election agent, Pat O'Connor, was sensationally charged with attempting to vote at two polling stations in the tight Dublin North constituency. By lunchtime on polling day, the damaging news was splashed across the front of the Evening Herald. Mysterious buyers mobilised, snapping up every copy in bulk from Dublin North shops.

Just as RTE's six o'clock news went on air, the constituency suffered a widespread power blackout. Locals said that someone had thrown a bicycle onto an ESB transformer. A judge later cleared O'Connor (who became known as Pat O'Connor Pat O'Connor), on the grounds that a secret ballot makes it impossible to tell if someone marks a second paper.

Now, having had nine years to tackle the perversion of personation.
                                  Source

lol@ 'Pat O'Connor Pat O'Connor'

Comment

tl;dr HD..but is the author a member of the family of Corless, Corless & Sweeney fame?
                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Comment

Ok, happydude as you're the only one that seems to be around, it's up to you to help me out here. Read these few posts in this thread please and tell me where i've gone wrong. I'm confused!!

Comment

Lol, that was lightning quick, posted 2 minutes before I asked.

Comment

lol, coincidence, saw that thread before your post here.
                                            Happy to help all the same.

Comment

Just for you DD

SPOILER
                                              Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

lol, coincidence, saw that thread before your post here.
                                                Happy to help all the same.
                                                What fkin help.

It's after turning into a jedward attack now. I'm finding it all quite amusing.

Keep an eye out, one of them will go nuts in 5....4....3.... (unless they're big jedward fans).
                                                Last edited by dannydiamond; 26-02-11, 04:23.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                  What fkin help.

Keep an eye out, one of them will go nuts in 5....4....3.... (unless they're big jedward fans).
                                                  I helped (got involved )

Comment

What fkin help.

I was about to jump to jedward's defense but now I see that their name was not actually taken in vain.
                                                    Carry on.

Happy to help, as I said.
                                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 26-02-11, 04:35.

Comment

I was about to jump to jedward's defense but no I see that their name was not actually taken in vain.
                                                      Carry on.

Happy to help, as I said.
                                                      I think I sorted it

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
                                                        I think I sorted it
                                                        The trick was to stir it, not sort it.

Comment

The trick was to stir it, not sort it.
                                                          It's gone a bit pair shaped, sorta 50/50 lol

Comment

It's gone a bit pair shaped, sorta 50/50 lol
                                                            I don't get it at all. What in gods name did I do to upset them?

Seems like paranoia of the highest order. They are obv mates so decided to gang up and attack me,lol. How strange.

Comment

Dunno, strange stuff. Maybe they are involved in the production of HSP Season 7?

Comment

I don't get it at all. What in gods name did I do to upset them?

Seems like paranoia of the highest order. They are obv mates so decided to gang up and attack me,lol. How strange.
                                                                I dunno DD, I just dunno. Stick to the BBV at night, me and Happy Dude are, well, happy!

Comment

Dunno, strange stuff. Maybe they are involved in the production of HSP Season 7?
                                                                  That'd make sense alright, nothing else does!

Comment

Comment

Nite lads, it's been entertaining in a twin peaks kinda way.

Gotta do my predictions first though! Reminder if you haven't already happydude.

Jesus, it's 5 o'clock.
                                                                      Last edited by dannydiamond; 26-02-11, 05:04.

Comment

I had a dream that woke me up an hour ago. Been asleep since ~1ish. Dreamt I was in the park on the laptop and some guys tried to steal it. 2 guys my size and 1 huge guy. I beat the 2 up but woke up before anything else happened.

I'd gone to sleep thinking about the last hand I played, think it may have something to dso with that?

Just thought I'd share is all

Comment

Nite lads, it's been entertaining in a twin peaks kinda way.

Gotta do my predictions first though! Reminder if you haven't already happydude.
                                                                          G'nite

Comment

Cheers Danny

Thanks for sharing Raq, got any others?
                                                                            I had a dream a few years ago, George W Bush was singing jailhouse rock in a leather jacket a bit like this...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRu3tw9fYxE[/ame]

Comment

Oh god, longest night shift evar. This is unbearable.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                Oh god, longest night shift evar. This is unbearable.
                                                                                That sucks, what ya doin?

Comment

That sucks, what ya doin?
                                                                                  Babysitting BT's databases. They are restless tonight.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Babysitting BT's databases. They are restless tonight.
                                                                                    Sounds like fun, hope you have the weekend off

Comment

Sounds like fun, hope you have the weekend off
                                                                                      Yeah I get 4 days after tonight. Right now I really feel like asking to use some holidays and taking 6 days off. I'm proper fucked. I should have taken some time off after I did that Oracle exam. The last two weeks of my life have been nothing but work and study and it's really catching up now.

Comment

My table is trying to be tricky, I don't fall for that....

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (SB) (t4650)
                                                                                        BB (t2930)
                                                                                        UTG (t5200)
                                                                                        MP1 (t2830)
                                                                                        MP2 (t4475)
                                                                                        CO (t3935)
                                                                                        Button (t4765)

Hero's M: 8.45

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8
                                                                                        UTG calls t250, MP1 calls t250, 3 folds, Hero calls t125, BB bets t2905 (All-In), UTG raises to t5175 (All-In), MP1 calls t2555 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: (t9040) 9, 3, 7 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: (t9040) 5 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: (t9040) 7 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t9040

Results:
                                                                                        BB had A, Q (one pair, sevens).
                                                                                        UTG had A, K (one pair, sevens).
                                                                                        MP1 had A, A (two pair, Aces and sevens).
                                                                                        Outcome: UTG won t200, MP1 won t8840

Comment

Yeah I get 4 days after tonight. Right now I really feel like asking to use some holidays and taking 6 days off. I'm proper fucked. I should have taken some time off after I did that Oracle exam. The last two weeks of my life have been nothing but work and study and it's really catching up now.
                                                                                          Take the holidays if ya can, no need for a burnout so early in the year

Comment

That Devilfish chocolate rain shit was surreal btw.

Also, smokers should really consider switching to e-cigs.
                                                                                            Know someone who made the switch, has smoked from age 12 - 30, most he managed to quit ever was 3 days.

Has switched without any issues whatsoever.
                                                                                            'Cheaper, not nearly as terrible for you, you'll feel much better, you will regain the use of your taste buds and won't smell like an ashtray.'

Comment

That Devilfish chocolate rain shit was surreal btw.

Also, smokers should really consider switching to e-cigs.
                                                                                              Know someone who made the switch, has smoked from age 12 - 30, most he managed to quit ever was 3 days.

Has switched without any issues whatsoever.
                                                                                              'Cheaper, not nearly as terrible for you, you'll feel much better, you will regain the use of your taste buds and won't smell like an ashtray.'
                                                                                              where is this chocolate rain?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za-GhuBRkBM&playnext=1&list=PLC6D592BC35C68201[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA[/ame]

Never did much for me though.
                                                                                                Prefer actual chocolate rain.

Comment

Knew the original but that was just LOL

Comment

Favourite so far for Eurovision is Norway's entry

Haba Haba
                                                                                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7k9vOc_B9w[/ame]

Many countries haven't selected their song, many do so this weekend and hilariously, you can watch a lot of them on eurovision.tv

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQszoQJT0Tc&feature=BF&list=PLAA48F178B71E E991&index=6[/ame]

Comment

Favourite so far for Eurovision is Norway's entry

Haba Haba
                                                                                                        SE MER HER: www.nrk.no/mgp Solstrålen Stella Mwangi og bestemorens råd "Haba Haba" LIVE i 3. delfinale i Skien.

Many countries haven't selected their song, many do so this weekend and hilariously, you can watch a lot of them on eurovision.tv
                                                                                                        I interrupted my Otis playlist for that! Bleugh!

Comment

'Haba na haba hujaza kibaba' translated from Swahili means: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

She's a grand yoke but could do with working on the breathing, the sharp intakes of air she takes are a bit distracting.

That being said....

Haba na haba hujaza kibaba!

Comment

Hi

Comment

Comment

RTE exit poll giving FF 15.1%...thats about 23/24 seats...bahhhhhhh
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

What type of ring do i get the gf - soon to be wife? She doesn't like gold and not that big a fan of diamonds. Going to struggle to get over the 2k mark, especially as don't believe in diamonds myself.
                                                                                                                  How about a Russian wedding ring? get it in platinum. You can go to a goldsmith and get it made. I had a ring made for Tony that way and much nicer thana shop bought effort.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                    RTE exit poll giving FF 15.1%...thats about 23/24 seats...bahhhhhhh
                                                                                                                    Not necessarily, they wont be getting many transfers. Still think 20 is a real possibility

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                      Not necessarily, they wont be getting many transfers. Still think 20 is a real possibility

Fingers crossed, if it is 20, thats really 19 yeah ? Ceann Comhairle doesn't count i think ?
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQcSFXV9LMU[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab4VD_ll3h0[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X