This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
    Booked. If we don't pick up 7 points from our next three games, I can ship by the end of the month.

Good luck.
    Ya may as well ship it now ..Best of luck
    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      Vicky Coren's show 'Only Connect' on BBC4 is strange. She is funny, but her humour doesn't quite fit with the show. Interesting though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r06j1
      She's getting better as the show goes on. I like it.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
          Please say you dont like Vicky Coren. She's 100% top 3 in people who tilt me just by seeing/hearing them

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
            Please say you dont like Vicky Coren. She's 100% top 3 in people who tilt me just by seeing/hearing them
            I like the quiz. I'm a little ambivalent about Vicky but her book has been recommended to me on the BBV as being worth a read.....

It's interesting that she tilts you so much.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              Yep, watched a few of them at this stage and maybe it was just settling in nerves.

Really interesting game show concept - not surprised its on BBC4 though! By contrast, Noel Edmonds is apparently developing this show for Sky One
              They should show it on BBC2 right after University challenge and followed by Masterchef* I reckon. The links wall is great fun.

*Moving masterchef to BBC1 has been a disaster for me. I've only seen parts of two episodes this season so far....

Comment

Shes an ignorant fuck, i was seconds away from telling her to choke on her soup in manchester, i calmed it down tho. Some old dude at the table called her a pre madonna and she went off on one.

Comment

I like the quiz. I'm a little ambivalent about Vicky but her book has been recommended to me on the BBV as being worth a read.....
                  book is excellent, I've never seen or head her in any medium outside of print though

I'll lend you the book if you like
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I love her voice (once she's not commentating on poker). I used to have naughty thoughts about her and Jennifer Tilly reading me bedtime stories :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      book is excellent, I've never seen or head her in any medium outside of print though

I'll lend you the book if you like
                      I'll take you up on that.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      I love her voice (once she's not commentating on poker). I used to have naughty thoughts about her and Jennifer Tilly reading me bedtime stories :-)
                      There is something about posh English birds and poor little Irish boys....

Comment

I'll take you up on that.
                        sure, let me know when you're next venturing out and I'll arrange it

Comment

There is something about posh English birds and poor little Irish boys....
                          look at strewelpeter's enduring Helen Mirren fantasy

Comment

Weird question: Who would own/control the area in front of Connolly Station where the Luas stop is. I'm guessing Irish Rail?

Comment

Most pointless protest so far this year?

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                Weird question: Who would own/control the area in front of Connolly Station where the Luas stop is. I'm guessing Irish Rail?
                                RPA maybe

Comment

Just ordered a new adicolour jacket.

Its a bit suspect but something made me buy it!

Comment

I like it were u get it?
                                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iay0KRMGPM0[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                        Just ordered a new adicolour jacket.

Its a bit suspect but something made me buy it!

You'll never be lost in a crowd that's for sure. Unless you wear it on Paddy's day!

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post
                                          I like it were u get it?
                                          Ebay

I think its on betal too

Comment

which player has scored the most goals against Liverpool in the history of the Premier League?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                              which player has scored the most goals against Liverpool in the history of the Premier League?
                                              SPOILER
                                              Seen this before but can't remember if it's Cole or Yorke

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                SPOILER
                                                Seen this before but can't remember if it's Cole or Yorke
                                                FAIL

edit: He scouse hes sound and he'll twat u with a pound?
                                                Last edited by Maloney; 09-03-10, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post
                                                  FAIL
                                                  Oh i misread it. I thought he meant history of the premiership.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                    Jamie carragher

Comment

Own Goal?

Comment

Oh i misread it. I thought he meant history of the premiership.
                                                        Your still wrong...

Comment

Ace got it..

Hilarious statistic

Comment

Ace got it..

Hilarious statistic
                                                            How many has he scored?

Comment

How many has he scored?
                                                              For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Doesn't really help much considering none of them links tell you. I found out myself tho it's 13.

And maloney you fail. Cole has scored 9 goals against them. Shearer is 2nd with 8 in the premiership. Noone has scored more than that according to google records.

Comment

Doesn't really help much considering none of them links tell you. I found out myself tho it's 13.

And maloney you fail. Cole has scored 9 goals against them. Shearer is 2nd with 8 in the premiership.
                                                                  Check link number 5 once more...

Comment

Actually how many of the 13 were in the league. 7?

If so then your statistic is wrong.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        Ah, cmon Jake is where its at
                                                                        'You know it's flattering when there's a rumor that says I'm bisexual. It means I can play more kinds of roles. I'm open to whatever people want to call me. I've never really been attracted to men sexually, but I don't think I would be afraid of it if it happened'
                                                                        Though I guess he was only acting in Brokeback

Comment

You all googled like little cheaters tbh

I win and am a champ.

Comment

This is gonna be awesome!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQowwwwYa0[/ame]
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                              I rate films greatness in terms of how much I enjoy them, films I don't think were 100% accurate but really liked

Platoon
                                                                              Bridge over the river Kwai
                                                                              Battle of the Bulge (still fighting this one)
                                                                              Full metal jacket

Hollywood is not about incisive realism (in general) it's about a fecking good night out at the flicks, for me Hurt Locker was just that . There are many movie buffs who will watch superbly acted/scripted realistic cutting edge films that never make it to the mainstream cinemas due to the lack of discernment of the general movie going populace. So the Hollywood boffins have to make a film that appeals to these guys (for monetary reasons), the Oscars are really a celebration of the best of the mainstream movies. They don't actually make a secret of this fact. SO is Hurt Locker great? For what it is, I think it's a great movie, tension filled and somewhat provocative. Were there better movies out last year. Most definitely but you won't see them in Movies At Dundrum .

IMO.
                                                                              I'd agree with this to a certain extent, but Lloyd was saying the the hurt locker was just as realistic as generation kill, which I didn't agree with.

Ive never seen Bridge over the river Kwai or Battle of the Bulge. I love good war movies, should I check them out?

Comment

Is it confirmed Carra or not?
                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  really very excited! The first was so good. A Man's superhero, no latex.

scarlett johansson's appearance can only add to it

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                    Is it confirmed Carra or not?
                                                                                    yup, its Carragher, 13 own goals. Nobody's scored more against Liverpool...

Comment

jaysus.
                                                                                      13 in the Premier League or overall?

Comment

Rigger, did you lose a definite article recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                          I'd agree with this to a certain extent, but Lloyd was saying the the hurt locker was just as realistic as generation kill, which I didn't agree with.

Ive never seen Bridge over the river Kwai or Battle of the Bulge. I love good war movies, should I check them out?
                                                                                          I think everyone should watch them, they are a bit dated but I love the old war movies from that time. The Alec Guinness era. Some others, The Eagle has landed, Battle of Britain. Won't give you a feel for anything except some jolly good old Engerlish stiff upper lip acting etc

Had to sue this sorry

Golden imo

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

really very excited! The first was so good. A Man's superhero, no latex.

scarlett johansson's appearance can only add to it
                                                                                            That looks bad fckin ass!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              Rigger, did you lose a definite article recently?
                                                                                              My marbles?

I'm lost, please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                                My marbles?

I'm lost, please explain.
                                                                                                THE!

Comment

G.Murphy keeps his place for match against Wales

Ireland XV:
                                                                                                  15 Geordan Murphy
                                                                                                  14 Tommy Bowe
                                                                                                  13 Brian O'Driscoll (capt)
                                                                                                  12 Gordon D'Arcy
                                                                                                  11 Keith Earls
                                                                                                  10 Jonathan Sexton
                                                                                                  9 Tomás O'Leary
                                                                                                  1 Cian Healy
                                                                                                  2 Rory Best
                                                                                                  3 John Hayes
                                                                                                  4 Donncha O'Callaghan
                                                                                                  5 Paul O'Connell
                                                                                                  6 Stephen Ferris
                                                                                                  7 David Wallace
                                                                                                  8 Jamie Heaslip

Replacements: Sean Cronin, Tony Buckley, Leo Cullen, Shane Jennings, Eoin Reddan, Ronan O'Gara, Rob Kearney

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                    I think everyone should watch them, they are a bit dated but I love the old war movies from that time. The Alec Guinness era. Some others, The Eagle has landed, Battle of Britain. Won't give you a feel for anything except some jolly good old Engerlish stiff upper lip acting etc
                                                                                                    The Longest Day imo

Comment

Waterford and Cork people come together to fight the infidel cartoonists (one of the more bizarre stories this year so far)

Arrests in Cork and Waterford over murder plot
                                                                                                      Tuesday, 9 March 2010 14:25

Gardaí have arrested five people in Waterford and two others in Cork in connection with an investigation into a conspiracy to murder a Swedish cartoonist.

The cartoonist, Lars Vilks, has been threatened over his drawing depicting the Prophet Muhammad with the body of a dog.

The head of an al Qaeda-led group in Iraq, Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, posted an audio tape on the internet in September, 2007, offering $100,000 for the killing of Mr Vilks.

This morning, detectives arrested three men and two women in Waterford and Tramore and another man and woman at Ballincollig, near Cork city. A number of searches also took place.

A garda spokesman said the operation was part of an investigation into a conspiracy to murder an individual in another jurisdiction.

Members of the Garda National Support Services and the Special Detective Unit were also involved in this morning's operation.

Gardaí say they are working closely with police forces in a number of other European countries and in the US.

The seven people arrested this morning range in age from their mid-20s to their late-40s.

They are being questioned at garda stations in Waterford, Tramore, Dungarvan and Thomastown.

All are being detained under section 50 of the Criminal Justice Act, which allows for them to be held for up to a week.

Those in custody are originally from Morocco and Yemen, but it is understood they all have refugee status and are legally in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                                                                                        Shes an ignorant fuck, i was seconds away from telling her to choke on her soup in manchester, i calmed it down tho. Some old dude at the table called her a pre madonna and she went off on one.
                                                                                                        I like the show and she does a competent job as a presenter, I played with her in the Vic once and she came across as very nice and not at all a Prima donna

SPOILER
                                                                                                        See how I managed to restrain myself from making any quips about her being younger than Madge or the likes.
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

On the reality of war in Iraq, there's an awesome thread at the moment in EDF on active duty in Iraq and the Marines. The OP comes across as a really smart and intelligent guy, and it's a super read.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/79...combat-718255/
                                                                                                          A great read this made me feel much better about my 40+ buy-in downswing last month.

Originally Posted by dotbum
                                                                                                          What about tilt? A 30-buyin downswing has to be child's play next to keeping your cool with bullets flying (or basic training?), even if they are very different kinds of stress.

Maybe you could start smoking mother****ers who have the audacity to bad-beat you at the tables.

Bullets flying is child's play compared to a 30 buy-in downswing and it's not close. The thing is, when said bullets are flying there really isn't any time to think or to doubt yourself or wonder what's happening. You know what to do, there's orders and objectives, there's all your protective gear and prior training, and when it's done it's done. A 30 buy-in downswing can make it feel like your whole world is crumbling around you. It's worse by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            I like the show and she does a competent job as a presenter, I played with her in the Vic once and she came across as very nice and not at all a Prima donna

SPOILER
                                                                                                            See how I managed to restrain myself from making any quips about her being younger than Madge or the likes.
                                                                                                            I like her, have met her a couple of times and she can be on the edge and about to go off on one alright but if you get chatting to here she is really nice.

Everytime I look at her I just keep wondering about that artsy porn movie though.
                                                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              You all googled like little cheaters tbh

I win and am a champ.
                                                                                                              lol no you didn't

I won. The awnser is Cole.

The question was about the premier league. Not all competitions. That's why emmet put up that picture cause i was being picky.

BTW emmet do you still wanna play that tourney on Sunday?

Comment

lol no you didn't

The question was about the premier league. Not all competitions. That's why emmet put up that picture cause i was being picky.

nah, I'll PM you now..

Comment

On the reality of war in Iraq, there's an awesome thread at the moment in EDF on active duty in Iraq and the Marines. The OP comes across as a really smart and intelligent guy, and it's a super read.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/79...combat-718255/
                                                                                                                  One thing - please keep it personal experience-related, stuff that would impact "you" if you were to go in, or what it's like in real life or whatnot... basically please don't ask me whether I believe we should have been there, or anything political. Thanks in advance.
                                                                                                                  The problem with this and the bullshit that is permeating discourse in America now is the same as the huge problem with the Hurt Locker.
                                                                                                                  They seem to have decided to say ' Lets just every pretend as if this wasn't an illegal and utterly immoral war that was run solely for the benefit of a few corporations '.
                                                                                                                  Wel fck that they need to be made account for it and they can stick their gung ho bullshit right up their arses.

Comment

lol no you didn't

You googled dont deny it. I am a champ, nobody can tell me any different.

Comment

Brag: Have lot's of time off ahead of me with the weather turning good

Beat: Got added to the growing heap of unemployed today due to less than two years service

Variance: Kick in the hole I need to get cracking on a new venture

Now to open a cool beer.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Beat: Got added to the growing heap of unemployed today due to less than two years service

Now to open a cool beer.
                                                                                                                        UL

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Now to open a cool beer.
                                                                                                                          See ya on the scrap heap shortly Lazare

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X