This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
    FML. Regged for a PLH HU instead of a PLO HU.

limit holdem is not for me
    Pot limit isnt that much different in fairness.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

FML. Regged for a PLH HU instead of a PLO HU.

limit holdem is not for me
      embrace yer inner nit ,

According to a TV advert, Rooney without shirt can kick Rooney with shirt's ass.. I thought the with shirt Rooney would be better. both great players though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        that will do nicely.

will they serve cheese also or whould I bring my own?
        they'll serve
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          So Cullen is gone from the cabinet and Dail. By-Election time down here.

Anyone want to vote for the BBV party candidate?
          In keeping with todays theme on here, this guy can represent the BBV.

Fuk you DBC (only joking now)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugailEn8U5o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugailEn8U5o[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            they'll serve
            might go in to the Se myself on Thurs, if so I'll go halvos on the wine. Not a bad week myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
              I'd make it about City 11/8, Liverpool 11/4, Villa 10/3, Spurs 4/1
              Will you lay €600/€150 Spurs? I can escrow the 150 if you want or can just settle at end of season.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                In keeping with todays theme on here, this guy can represent the BBV.

Fuk you DBC (only joking now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugailEn8U5o
                The absolute state of him, sounds like a little boy having a tempertantrum.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                  Will you lay €600/€150 Spurs? I can escrow the 150 if you want or can just settle at end of season.
                  God no, just did that rough in my head and realised now it's a bit long in comparison to all sites. I wouldn't be backing at those stakes anyway
                  Profit before people.

Comment

might go in to the Se myself on Thurs, if so I'll go halvos on the wine. Not a bad week myself
                    jesus, do I need to take Friday off?

Comment

I'd make it about City 11/8, Liverpool 11/4, Villa 10/3, Spurs 4/1
                      I filled in the fixture list for all 4 clubs and ended up with City & Villa on 71 points with Spurs and Pool on 66 points. Given that Villa are available at 9/2 with VC I think there's value to betting them. Snap up C Kid's €150 on Spurs imo, playing Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man Utd in a row with no Lennon or Huddlestone = 0 points imo. And when they rearrange the match away to Man City it could be that 4 in a row
                      Last edited by hotspur; 09-03-10, 00:54.

Comment

Brag: Just booked Vegas
                        Brag: 2 weeks in the Wynn

Beat: Food poisoning in the post.

Variance: Should be feeling better before I go!

200th post too!

Comment

God no, just did that rough in my head and realised now it's a bit long in comparison to all sites. I wouldn't be backing at those stakes anyway
                          Ah no worries, 4s is probably a fair price given our run in. I don't really fancy us that much, but might have an interest anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                            I filled in the fixture list for all 4 clubs and ended up with City & Villa on 71 points with Spurs and Pool on 66 points. Given that Villa are available at 9/2 with VC I think there's value to betting them. Snap up C Kid's €150 on Spurs imo, playing Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man Utd in a row with no Lennon or Huddlestone = 0 points imo. And when they rearrange the match away to Man City it could be that 4 in a row http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...milies/eek.gif
                            You are the most pessimistic Spurs fan ever.

Comment

You are the most pessimistic Spurs fan ever.
                              I'm surprised ye haven't mentioned the distraction of the CUP for Villa and Spurs. Methinks it gives City an advantage.

Comment

I'm surprised ye haven't mentioned the distraction of the CUP for Villa and Spurs. Methinks it gives City an advantage.
                                No distraction, we're already in the final.

Comment

City are well deserved favourites to be 4th, but I think available prices are a little skimpy. I'd make spurs second favs but by very little over villa, or maybe even the other way around at 15/4 or so, and pool I'd be happy with being longer than 4s anyway. Wouldn't be a fan of getting stuck into villa too much at the moment cos they have a very hefty schedule between cup ties and a few games to catch up in the league. Hefty schedules = dropping points.

I think spurs are the only ones that are OK value atm, but Id be looking to back to lay after the Sunderland game at the start of April. Liverpool might actually still have some value about them too.

I'm not taking money on this one though, unless I get an offer I can't refuse!
                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Down to the last 5 in 2euro 1k gtd 6seat on stars. first final table since joining stars. Gona need some cards but doing ok(4th place)!

scratch that...double up...into 3rd

Comment

Raoul or anyone want to take part in this?

Comment

Originally posted by Flishie View Post
                                        Down to the last 5 in 2euro 1k gtd 6seat on stars. first final table since joining stars. Gona need some cards but doing ok(4th place)!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Flishie View Post

you've hidden yourself from search? Can't rail!

Comment

how many 2euro 1k gtd 6seat are there going to be on stars atm that are on the final table?

Comment

I've hidden myelf from what search? how do i undo this?
                                              looking bad anyway. v short and shoving now

Comment

finished 5th. shoved button and got 2 callers. wasnt a good flop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                  how many 2euro 1k gtd 6seat are there going to be on stars atm that are on the final table?
                                                  very true. I'm just lazy is all..

Comment

doubt I'm gonna get a reply anytime soon seeing as this place is horribly dead

but if anyone wants pokerstars $ I'd be delighted to trade for boyles/neteller/moneyb

ty
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                      Pretty much this. Plus, the scenes where he returns home are distinctly powerful and capture perfectly how difficult it is for soldiers to function in the real world after lengthy tours of combat. Moreover, I love how people saw Generation Kill and now assume that it is "real", and any other artistic depiction of modern US conflicts that fail to jive with it 100% as "fake". Would it be the other way round if they had watched Generation Kill last I wonder?
                                                      The hurt locker had crazy stuff it in that couldn't possibly be true. It was in no way realistic or representive of what doing that job is actually like. Its the ridiculous hollywood version of it. Don't just take my word for it, here is an actual bomb disposal expert:

The Hurt Locker's portrayal of bomb defusers in Iraq is not only silly but staggeringly offensive, says expert Guy Marot

If generation kill had a fault, its that it was too realistic. Nothing happened!

I enjoyed the hurt locker, but it wasn't even close to a great film. IMO it goes to show what a useless pile of crap the oscars are.

Btw if you want to watch a truly terrible Iraq film, check out redacted.

Comment

does anybody have a Blizzard CD key I can steal? I want to sign up for SC 2 beta but you need to have a game registered

+1 for the Hurt Lucker sucked, I actually didnt even finish it, I got bored.

Comment

Anyone know what the Eglington is like on a normal Sat night? In Galway this Sat and might venture in for a cash game. do they get many tables? Can you just turn up and play or need id ?

Comment

Came 3rd in a local donkament last night and got to final table with 35% of the chips in play with 9 being payed. It was suggested to pay the bubble to which i refused and got dogs abuse off 2 players. What do you do in this situation? Just take the abuse/throw a chair/call for a ruling/pay the bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                              Came 3rd in a local donkament last night and got to final table with 35% of the chips in play with 9 being payed. It was suggested to pay the bubble to which i refused and got dogs abuse off 2 players. What do you do in this situation? Just take the abuse/throw a chair/call for a ruling/pay the bubble?
                                                              YULETIRED had a great idea about this. Instead of paying the bubble, give the money to the guy who knocks out the bubble, he can then decide whether or not to give it to the bubble. Keeps the bubble play going longer and avoids you looking like a prick

Comment

Pay the absolute minimum. ie Money back. No value in trying to exploite the bubble when it's push/fold anyway. Half of the players won't care about the bubble and if you try to bully by opening light etc you will just end up racing from behind and maybe end up being the bubble. You want players to be push/folding as soon as possible in that situation. When the bubble is burst you usually get players going out almost every hand until it gets to 4/5 players left. Then start to bully.

Comment

I'll lay you €400/€100 if you want. No need for escrowing or any of that racket(I`m good for it,honest ) I`m a firm believer in punishment beatings if one of us doesnt pay any way
                                                                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                    Just got back from an interview. Guy told me I was the best candidate he'd got and don't book any holidays. Ship it!
                                                                    Got the job offer this morning.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Great stuff, get stuck in and enjoy it.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Congratulations! Good on you. You going to take it, yeah?

Comment

ha, just remembered a poker story

strewelpeter bluffed me off quads last night. There ya go.

Comment

YULETIRED had a great idea about this. Instead of paying the bubble, give the money to the guy who knocks out the bubble, he can then decide whether or not to give it to the bubble. Keeps the bubble play going longer and avoids you looking like a prick
                                                                            I like this idea a lot I really don't get the whole people thinking your a prick thing for doing this though. Doesn't bother me in the slightest if someone objects.

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                            Pay the absolute minimum. ie Money back. No value in trying to exploite the bubble when it's push/fold anyway. Half of the players won't care about the bubble and if you try to bully by opening light etc you will just end up racing from behind and maybe end up being the bubble. You want players to be push/folding as soon as possible in that situation. When the bubble is burst you usually get players going out almost every hand until it gets to 4/5 players left. Then start to bully.
                                                                            Decided to pay bubble in the end Gordan, made absolutely no difference as play was ridiculously slow anyway and was easy to pick up blinds with my stack. I should have remembered where i was playing

Comment

Trip Report.

A long one too not just about one hand, im bored and as king of the BBV you owe it to us.

Comment

If the structure is such that you can abuse the bubble then i refuse politely but assertively saying something like.
                                                                                "you know this is nothing to do with the money, it's just a crucial part of the game" or something like that.

What i think this achieves is that opposed to you looking like a prick, they'll look like an idiot for not understanding bubble play if they carry on moaning.

If i'm short I say nothing and let the chip leader/s decide.

Comment

by min betting with 27o
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I rate films greatness in terms of how much I enjoy them, films I don't think were 100% accurate but really liked

Platoon
                                                                                    Bridge over the river Kwai
                                                                                    Battle of the Bulge (still fighting this one)
                                                                                    Full metal jacket

Hollywood is not about incisive realism (in general) it's about a fecking good night out at the flicks, for me Hurt Locker was just that . There are many movie buffs who will watch superbly acted/scripted realistic cutting edge films that never make it to the mainstream cinemas due to the lack of discernment of the general movie going populace. So the Hollywood boffins have to make a film that appeals to these guys (for monetary reasons), the Oscars are really a celebration of the best of the mainstream movies. They don't actually make a secret of this fact. SO is Hurt Locker great? For what it is, I think it's a great movie, tension filled and somewhat provocative. Were there better movies out last year. Most definitely but you won't see them in Movies At Dundrum .

IMO.

Comment

WP, from what I read, sounds like a good hire for them.

Comment

Is JPR Williams a loonie or can this possibly be true?

Comment

Is JPR Williams a loonie or can this possibly be true?
                                                                                          I know (of)a girl who got out of a breathliser test by sucking on something.

Comment

Avatar isn't 100% accurate and its a good movie.

I know a fellow who did actually become his own avatar and he said there is no way you would just start running after becoming your avatar for the first time. Takes weeks of training.

I just turned a blind eye to it and enjoyed the movie.

Comment

Morning all

Anyone recommend a decent hotel (preferably within stumbling distance to the Burlo) for staying over Irish Open weekend.

Obviously I'm going to win a package soon enough ()but I need to book some rooms for others as a contingency.

Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                                                Morning all

Anyone recommend a decent hotel (preferably within stumbling distance to the Burlo) for staying over Irish Open weekend.

Obviously I'm going to win a package soon enough ()but I need to book some rooms for others as a contingency.

Suggestions?
                                                                                                I'd like to know this too please

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                                                  I'll lay you €400/€100 if you want. No need for escrowing or any of that racket(I`m good for it,honest ) I`m a firm believer in punishment beatings if one of us doesnt pay any way
                                                                                                  Booked. If we don't pick up 7 points from our next three games, I can ship by the end of the month.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                    Trip Report.

A long one too not just about one hand, im bored and as king of the BBV you owe it to us.
                                                                                                    how can I give a trip report about a completely uninteresting game of online poker? That would test even the writing skills of Alain de Botton.

Comment

Poo a day (as promised last night)

Monday 8th March

Did you know : Foods that cause gas

- Beans
                                                                                                      - Vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, brussles sprouts, onions, artichokes, eggplant and asparagus
                                                                                                      - Fruits such as pears, apples, apricots, prunes and peaches
                                                                                                      - Whole grains
                                                                                                      - Soft drinks, dark beer, instant coffee and red wine
                                                                                                      - Milk
                                                                                                      - Sorbitol
                                                                                                      - Molasses

Tuesday 9th March

F.O.S.

Fructooligosaccharide, a more scientific explanation for the acronym F.O.S., is a food supplement that helps to nourish the healthy bacteria residing in your colon. F.O.S. has been used as an articifial sweetener for several decades but recently has been touted to have many health benefits, including promotion of gastrointestinal health

Comment

I'd like to know this too please
                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I'm sorry I asked

Comment

I'm sorry I asked
                                                                                                            Well, its happening daily now thanks to you Raoul.

To give everyone an exiting glimpse of tomorrows....the title is 'Neonatal Poo'

Comment

Well, its happening daily now thanks to you Raoul.

To give everyone an exiting glimpse of tomorrows....the title is 'Neonatal Poo'
                                                                                                              I have direct experience of this

you really do not want to share it, trust me on this one

Comment

Congrats man thats excellent news
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Poo a day (as promised last night)

Monday 8th March

Did you know : Foods that cause gas

- Beans
                                                                                                                  - Vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, brussles sprouts, onions, artichokes, eggplant and asparagus
                                                                                                                  - Fruits such as pears, apples, apricots, prunes and peaches
                                                                                                                  - Whole grains
                                                                                                                  - Soft drinks, dark beer, instant coffee and red wine
                                                                                                                  - Milk
                                                                                                                  - Sorbitol
                                                                                                                  - Molasses

Tuesday 9th March

F.O.S.

Fructooligosaccharide, a more scientific explanation for the acronym F.O.S., is a food supplement that helps to nourish the healthy bacteria residing in your colon. F.O.S. has been used as an articifial sweetener for several decades but recently has been touted to have many health benefits, including promotion of gastrointestinal health
                                                                                                                  So FOS does really mean full of sht. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                                                                    Morning all

Suggestions?
                                                                                                                    never stayed there but was recently refurbished and is a 5 minute walk from the burlington

www.hamptonhotel.ie

Comment

Speaking of shit. Gerrard is in the shit for this from last nights game

Comment

I noticed that last night at the time. He has been playing like an idiot anyhow. Sulking and criticising, but not doing much of use himself.

Comment

On the reality of war in Iraq, there's an awesome thread at the moment in EDF on active duty in Iraq and the Marines. The OP comes across as a really smart and intelligent guy, and it's a super read.

Originally Posted by NoahSD You think the food was actually ridiculously good on the bases or it just seemed really good because you were used to eatin
                                                                                                                          Last edited by The C Kid; 09-03-10, 11:52.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X