This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
    Can't see any comments there,am I in the right place?
    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Hughes? I think he's widely considered to be an assclown.He posted in the old place a few times IIRC.
      Yeah, he writes in the Bluff magazine every month. Old time stories etc.... Probably knows he's stuff and all that, and I don't dispute that he thinks Slim is innocent. But just because he thinks it, doesn't make him innocent.

Was in during the 2006 or 2007 wsop that the announcer on the mic informed everyone in the room that Slim was playing and basically no one even muttered a word? I remember reading about that in one of the updates.....but then everything I read on the interweb may not be true
      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
        Yeah, he writes in the Bluff magazine every month. Old time stories etc.... Probably knows he's stuff and all that, and I don't dispute that he thinks Slim is innocent. But just because he thinks it, doesn't make him innocent.

Was in during the 2006 or 2007 wsop that the announcer on the mic informed everyone in the room that Slim was playing and basically no one even muttered a word? I remember reading about that in one of the updates.....but then everything I read on the interweb may not be true
        Meh,can't stand his stories personnally,they all end with someone pulling a gun.I'm pretty hungover though so maybe I'm in bad humour.

EDIT:See?

Kelso started to pick up the chips and the money on the floor. Then he picked up Carl's pistol and shot Hershel in the middle of his forehead. They called the laws. Ice House Henry and Kelso both took a Gambler's Oath that these most recent residents of Hell died in a two-way shoot out. The laws bought it. Merry Christmas to all. Silent Night. Silent Fifty Years.
        Johnny Hughes
        Whoop de doo.
        Last edited by Icarus152; 19-02-11, 21:39.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
          Can't see any comments there,am I in the right place?
          7th paragraph down:

"For the record, Amarillo Slim's real name is Thomas Austin Preston Jr.
          I mention it because you'll be hearing more of his given name and less of his colorful nickname in the days to come as his creepy courtroom drama plays out in Texas, where he has been indicted on three charges of indecency with a 12-year-old child."

The 12 year old in question was a family member.
          NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

He then posts this on that same topic:

"I think Nolan's Poker News interview was later. Nolan Dalla gave me the best review for my book of anyone, something like me being poker's best historian and writer."
            NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

where is that row with Hughes going on?
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                You going to bed already

looking for more help, nicolos cage new film anyone know is that available on rapidshare for download? i cant seem to find it!
                Which one?
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExfV_xKaiM[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  where is that row with Hughes going on?
                  wasn't really a row tbh. Just a misunderstanding. All sorted now. Was on facebook.
                  NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Fuck Hughes Slim is a sleazebag end of.

Comment

for all the black swan fans!!
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd7lttA5rVM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd7lttA5rVM[/ame]
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                        this is the one im looking for!
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2-hiHUh4UQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2-hiHUh4UQ[/ame]
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Carlo: You should unfriend him on Facebook. That'll learn him.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

jesus wept

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                              Carlo: You should unfriend him on Facebook. That'll learn him.
                              should that not be " that will teach him" ????
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

its over, its all over

Comment

I hope thats not for my benefit!!!!!!

I only have a couple of glasses drank and u will be pleased to know im having an early night as iv to go to cinema in the morning!

So relax there Tony!
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

this is the one im looking for!
                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2-hiHUh4UQ
                                    So you want to watch what will probably be a heap of crap movie, before it has even been released in the US. Good luck with that.

Stick with the red wine diet imo. I find you're much less likely to eat junk on wine, as opposed to beer or hash or most other drugs( and yes I know beer and wine both alcohol providers, I find them very different in their effects though)
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                      So you want to watch what will probably be a heap of crap movie, before it has even been released in the US. Good luck with that.

Stick with the red wine diet imo. I find you're much less likely to eat junk on wine, as opposed to beer or hash or most other drugs( and yes I know beer and wine both alcohol providers, I find them very different in their effects though)
                                      i like Mr cage! thought the trailer looked good! BTW i hate red wine , prefer white, but ya , you are right on the munchie issue though, beer makes u want junk more so i think!
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

i like Mr cage! thought the trailer looked good! BTW i hate red wine , prefer white, but ya , you are right on the munchie issue though, beer makes u want junk more so i think!
                                        Have you seen 'Kick Ass'? His finest role since 'Wild at Heart' 20 years earlier
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                          Have you seen 'Kick Ass'? His finest role since 'Wild at Heart' 20 years earlier
                                          havent seen kick ass, think i have seen wild at heart loved con Air! class film1
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Ok lads im off to bed goodnight, ye can all come back now
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                              its over, its all over

Who's a bit of a Moaning Michael tonight?

Comment

that jim carrey post reminders me to root out man on the moon dvd

Comment

I went to take a dump earlier and afterwards it felt like I hadn't shit at all and still needed to.
                                                  I thought to myself , there should to be a word for this scenario.

Then all of a sudden it hit me...

Déjà Poo!

I laughed to myself for five minutes+.
                                                  Then I looked on the internet and some cunt had already come up with it, fuck you internet.
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                    I went to take a dump earlier and afterwards it felt like I hadn't shit at all and still needed to.
                                                    I thought to myself , there should to be a word for this scenario.

Then all of a sudden it hit me...

Déjà Poo!

I laughed to myself for five minutes+.
                                                    Then I looked on the internet and some cunt had already come up with it, fuck you internet.
                                                    I had a similar revelation once and was very disappointed to find that the world already knew about the Ghost Wipe

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ83EBh3r7g&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/ame]
                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

ironman 2 or unstoppable?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                          ironman 2 or unstoppable?
                                                          Unstoppable for me
                                                          Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

anyone here playing in the Western open next weekend? thought they'd be a bit more buzz around it tbh

Comment

bed or a ghost wank ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                four months off during the summer! meh, want to be more responsible - way too much flexibility in the lecturing world; haven't even been in to the office all week apart from Monday and was only working for about a day in December. as someone famous once said, 'there's no worse nightmare than a holiday that doesn't end'. thinking maybe three years in the central bank or forfas and then go back to uni as a prof.
                                                                I had a nice long break over Dec/ Jan too, but been completely swamped since getting back this side of the water. Its plain ridiculous at this stage.

That plan is something I must talk to you about at a later stage - its always in the back of my mind to go into practice/ consultancy at some stage, especially given that my area is so new; before that though, I will be spending the next 10 yrs or so in academia.

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                Watched the first 3 episodes of The Wire last night whilst cycling, all i can say is i am going to enjoy it.

I have turned into this waiting for the next opportunity to watch episode 4.

I have now turned into that with Mad Men - it is absolutely amazing. Took me ages to get aroundd to watching the wire (loved that too), then s/o here recommended Mad Men.

Comment

anyone here playing in the Western open next weekend? thought they'd be a bit more buzz around it tbh
                                                                  Whats the structure like?

I cant see it in their thread in the live tournaments section.

edit: found it.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                    Whats the structure like?

I cant see it in their thread in the live tournaments section.
                                                                    15k starting - 1 hour blinds

Comment

15k starting - 1 hour blinds
                                                                      Looks pretty descent for the size of the field.

Comment

I'm playing, say it'll be good craic, long fucking drive from Waterford though.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                          I'm playing, say it'll be good craic, long fucking drive from Waterford though.
                                                                          yeah nightmare to get to alright. should be a decent laugh though

@shano - where did you see the estimate on field size?
                                                                          Last edited by Bubbleking; 20-02-11, 01:48.

Comment

yeah nightmare to get to alright. should be a decent laugh though

@slighboi - where did you see the estimate on field size?
                                                                            I misread the 1k cap as a 1k field!

Comment

Comment

Let's Make a Game! GameMaker is the Ultimate 2D game development environment. Learn how to make games with no experience. Start now, it's free!

OVHcloud accompagne votre évolution grâce au meilleur des infrastructures web : hébergement, nom de domaine, serveur dédié, CDN, Cloud, Big Data, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post

Let's Make a Game! GameMaker is the Ultimate 2D game development environment. Learn how to make games with no experience. Start now, it's free!

http://www.flashgameslab.com/Cool-Beans-World_2628.html
                                                                                  Trust you

Comment

whats the title of bbv about "lidl robbed but did anyone call the cops?"

EDIT found the page ! sorry

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                      whats the title of bbv about "lidl robbed but did anyone call the cops?"
                                                                                      go back to evening, think it was pgodkin in Lidl as it was being robbed and he posted here as it was happening

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                        Just in lidi at the moment in blanch it's just getting robbed could someone call tue cops????
                                                                                        here

Comment

ya got it. its too easy to rob lidls tills, you just punch them hard and they open up! they used be plastic, maybe they changed the till insert to counter to metal. but looking at them before , they used be pure weak plastic and you could see the useless lock when they are getting your change.
                                                                                          Last edited by badugi; 20-02-11, 03:23.

Comment

Almighty BBV

Small moral dilemma:

I went to a table quiz tonight. Now I had no intention of winning(so basically competitive-mode was turned off) because I went for a couple of pints and the banter is always good at one of these. So it turns out there is 4 to a table yet 6 of us, but we were allowed play regardless, probably because it was more 'a bit of craic' than anything else(although t'was official).

Anyway, the six of us manage to get enough seats for a table and the game starts. After Round 1 we have all but 1 question correct and, while we confer over the answer, Round 1 answer sheets are being collected. I can't remember the questions/answer atm, like I said I wasn't there for anything but a bit of craic. While we confer, I make a joke about using google...something like 'pity we haven't got a laptop', we giggled.(ye I make bad jokes)

I go to the bar between rounds and get back to see someone using their iphone(or some sort of snazy phone with the internet). I made anther joke about this, not expecting 'us' to actually be using t'internet, sat down and realised that this guy had decided to use the phone to get the answers.

Fwiw I got there early, everyone else arrived in a group and I was introduced to a couple(literally) of people I didn't know, so this happens to be one of the people I don't know(a friend's cousins' bf).

What's your move? I know I chose the wrong line...
                                                                                            Last edited by Caf; 20-02-11, 03:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                              sent you a pm - really can't have trackbacks to my name on this thread or i'm fcked for future employment
                                                                                              I'd say its a bit late for that now..... ;-)

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Also, in the next 24 hours we will probably surpass the old bbv postcount. Impressive work for less than 13 months.
                                                                                              Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                              FFS, how did you shite talkers manage to post over 650 posts ITT in 24 hours!! Anything worth going back over or is it all still diet and music game stuff? Is it worth going back over it??
                                                                                              I've just scanned through 5 wks of BBV posts since I was last on here, cant believe how much has been posted in that time.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                              i wouldn't bother with res publica. it's just too huge a game for the working man and hardly conceivable as a parent. Twilight struggle looks amazing and is a 2 player game which is brilliant. puerto rico looks hugely strategic. good find!!!
                                                                                              surprised to see junta only in the 300s, but then checked risk and see it in the 5000s
                                                                                              i imagine just too much luck is involved.
                                                                                              I was involved in a game of risk a few yrs back which went on for weeks; my mate decided the whole luck thing wasnt on so adjusted the rules slightly (ie no dice, might is right type rules) and it was just epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                Small moral dilemma:

I went to a table quiz tonight. Now I had no intention of winning(so basically competitive-mode was turned off) because I went for a couple of pints and the banter is always good at one of these. So it turns out there is 4 to a table yet 6 of us, but we were allowed play regardless, probably because it was more 'a bit of craic' than anything else(although t'was official).

Anyway, the six of us manage to get enough seats for a table and the game starts. After Round 1 we have all but 1 question correct and, while we confer over the answer, Round 1 answer sheets are being collected. I can't remember the questions/answer atm, like I said I wasn't there for anything but a bit of craic. While we confer, I make a joke about using google...something like 'pity we haven't got a laptop', we giggled.(ye I make bad jokes)

I go to the bar between rounds and get back to see someone using their iphone(or some sort of snazy phone with the internet). I made anther joke about this, not expecting 'us' to actually be using t'internet, sat down and realised that this guy had decided to use the phone to get the answers.

Fwiw I got there early, everyone else arrived in a group and I was introduced to a couple(literally) of people I didn't know, so this happens to be one of the people I don't know(a friend's cousins' bf).(have a go at me for the random punctuation+spelling)

What's your move? I know I chose the wrong line...

Used to go to loads of these and it used to drive me mad seeing people doing this

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
                                                                                                  Used to go to loads of these and it used to drive me mad seeing people doing this
                                                                                                  What's your move?
                                                                                                  Real question.

Edit: not trying to be ignorant, it's just the 1st chance I've had to ask anyone.This wrecked my head for the evening.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Caf; 20-02-11, 03:42.

Comment

Real question.
                                                                                                    Depends on the circumstances. Played loads of charity ones where any prizes were given back to raffle and such so no one cared (although it never really happened there)

Played when I worked across road from Kitty O'Sheas and we won a few quid. In that instance I used to get a barmaid to catch them on the sneak (was very much a regular ) and get them thrown out of it.

Comment

Depends on the circumstances. Played loads of charity ones where any prizes were given back to raffle and such so no one cared (although it never really happened there)

Played when I worked across road from Kitty O'Sheas and we won a few quid. In that instance I used to get a barmaid to catch them on the sneak (was very much a regular ) and get them thrown out of it.
                                                                                                      I'm not sure what the circumstances allow tbh. I didn't know the guy at all which is a pretty big factor imo. I know everyone at the table bar the two and know my joke about using google was received as intended. Tbh I'm not sure what options I have/had.

Bed is my current favoured option

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                        Absolute tune, in fairness.

Also, Real Ronaldo has announced his retirement here. While he's been out of Europe a while now and a spent force even longer it's still a sad day. What an absolute genius. If he didn't get so many injuries and cheeseburgers he could have easily been the greastest of all time. Even post injuries and over weight he still had it for a long time. Never won a champions league but he does retire a world cup winner and the competitions all time leading scorer, not bad.

A true icon of our generation
                                                                                                        An absolute legend; when he was in full flight he was almost unstoppable. The fact that he (well, technically, PP) helped fund my co-op year in Dublin only adds to his reputationin my eyes!

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                        Also had a goal disallowed for no reason, Pedro incident was a blatant penalty, and even the Arshavin handball at the end was debatable.

Great game of football though, full credit to Arsenal, just makes it sweeter to see their fans so happy and will have three weeks of outrageous claims before getting thumped in the Nou Camp and left crying into their Cappuccinos.
                                                                                                        Thing is you would expect Arsenal to be going there full of confidence, given the games tehy have in the meantime, so not necessarily going to be a thumping. Its a very different team/ mentality than the side that travelled there last year, which were destined to lose. Barca wil lprobably score at least three goals alright, but I wouldnt rule out Arsenal scoring twice.....

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                        Wonder what you're thinking if you're Wenger now, hang on for dear life and hope not to concede a goal or go out and attack and risk giving your advantage away needlessly? Such a tricky lead to protect.

I'd imagine Barca will still be favourites with the bookies but not by much, should be some game, if Arsenal score first they can shut up shop completely. I wouldn't expect such a flat performance from some of their biggest performers again, though. And Guardiola got his substitutions very, very badly wrong.
                                                                                                        Thing is, Arsenal do not have the capability to do this. Last time they (successfully) managed to do so was probably back in 05 beating Man Utd on penalties in the fa cup final, and even then every Utd attack looked like resulting in a goal. Attack has to be the best form of defence for this team, especially with the pace that can unsettle Barca.

I wasout at one with work last week and a team got 19/20 of the most ridiculously difficult questions I've ever heard. The number of iphones being used was plain ridiculous; we just continued with our pints/ ocnversation and had a wild guess at the answers - I just dont understand why people feel the desire to cheat in these things.

Comment

Did this have any actual effect on the game result? I personally would've said something to him but I suppose this is situation dependant.

Comment

Thank god for this tourney break. Every raise is getting snap shoved and it's driving me mad! Lol, I busted the hand before, I suck!

Comment

I'm not sure what the circumstances allow tbh. I didn't know the guy at all which is a pretty big factor imo. I know everyone at the table bar the two and know my joke about using google was received as intended. Tbh I'm not sure what options I have/had.

Bed is my current favoured option
                                                                                                              I suppose you could have made an excuse to leave, saying you wanted to go into the lounge and watch Dublin/Cork, RealMadrid, MOTD whatever was on telly. Or say you were evening up the numbers because your team had 6 and you were being fair.

I wouldn't worry too much, if it was a big prize money event the other teams would have been watching like hawks and got you disqualified - conversely if its for peanut prizes then no-one would have been too bothered anyway.

Comment

Pub quizzes are probably ruined since the internet went viral.
                                                                                                                Yes I said that.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZdggNUvq0[/ame]

Comment

Did this have any actual effect on the game result? I personally would've said something to him but I suppose this is situation dependant.
                                                                                                                  I'm not sure about the answer to this in reality. We finished 2nd. We got a prize and could have won, it went to a tie-break question.

The phone got put out of use when the guy realised he would be caught(at the end of every round they announced the leaders and we were top for the 1st 2 rounds) so we only used it for the Round 1 & 2(7 rounds total).

100% not trying to show off/brag about the night itself.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  I suppose you could have made an excuse to leave, saying you wanted to go into the lounge and watch Dublin/Cork, RealMadrid, MOTD whatever was on telly. Or say you were evening up the numbers because your team had 6 and you were being fair.

I wouldn't worry too much, if it was a big prize money event the other teams would have been watching like hawks and got you disqualified - conversely if its for peanut prizes then no-one would have been too bothered anyway.
                                                                                                                  Ye, my first thought was to leave and just get an early night. Then I decided I fancied a few pints so didn't want to leave. I wasn't sure what etiquette is appropriate for such a situation, if it was a friend of mine I would have simply said GTFO or w/e. Alas it wasn't a friend but we ended up shipping a prize, meaning I have a reminder of this shit where I would have forgotten about it easily had we lost(result-based morals I guess and prob not cool but I would have rather lost and for a few reasons too).

Off to the leaba but would be interested to hear different opinions on the subject.

Comment

Which all reminds me to mention Trivia - RTEs latest stab at a comedy drama. 3 of 6 episodes shown so far, probably up on their player or available in the usual places.

Loosely set in the world of pub quizzes in a backwater country town, it does the trick of avoiding hammering the joke home Kilinaskully or Mrs Brown style and is much more similar to BBC3 comedy dramas like like Early Doors or Smoking Room.

Definitely the best RTE stab at pathos comedy since Bachelors Walk (Barry out of BW is actually one of the leads).

Recommended.

Comment

Really hoping that this Dylan Haskins thing (someone has messed his wiki picture about btw) thing is a really really elaborate rickroll.
                                                                                                                      The rickroll to end all rickrolls.

1. Run for the Dail
                                                                                                                      2. Get Elected.
                                                                                                                      3. Pull an amazing rickroll on the world.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw[/ame]

Comment

jeez, the greeks can't handle their drink, but they're a fair beautiful bunch, Tunisian girl won top 10 tonigh though. Fairly locked, trying to gulp few litres of water down first, plan to be in library by 12.

Comment

hi happy

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X