Originally posted by oleras View Post
    Falling on deaf ears...

a step too far....nah....
    You've put your foot in it now.
    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      You've put your foot in it now.
      NO kneed for that....oh that was terribad....the one time i need a cruciate comeback...
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ItFellOnDeafEars View Post
        Yeah that's who I play for, St Vincent's Deaf Football Club. Why did you find it surreal???
        Just the lack of general shouting and verbal needling back and forth that goes on in a standard game. It would usually take my team about 15 minutes to work out that you can call their centre forward a ginger cunt as often as you want but he can't hear you.

I also think a couple of the teams I played for switched off when they were playing a deaf team, thinking it was going to be an easy game. Even though theres next to nothing in football that makes deafness a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          how quickly did it swell up?
          Pretty soon after I came off... What's my best course of action? My physio appointment is at 5.30pm tmw. Cancel that and go to the GP in the morning instead?? What's going to happen if its the cruicate? I know I'm going to need surgery if so, but like how soon does it usually get performed after its diagnosed? (just mentally preparing myself for the worse)

Comment

How have I never seen this???

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMPFGBtE7Q[/ame]
            Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

You have done your cruciate and likely medial ligament too. you may run well and it will "only" be a meniscle tear but thats less than 10% id imagine
              Just remembered I was sitting in the pub in the other day, and out of nowhere got a really sharp pain under my ribcage for a good few mins and could barely breathe. Google the symptoms, reading someone describing in a full paragraph exactly what was happening to me, and the first reply was "yeah you've got a collapsed lung" wtf. Went away after a while so I presume I'm good.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Just remembered I was sitting in the pub in the other day, and out of nowhere got a really sharp pain under my ribcage for a good few mins and could barely breathe. Google the symptoms, reading someone describing in a full paragraph exactly what was happening to me, and the first reply was "yeah you've got a collapsed lung" wtf. Went away after a while so I presume I'm good.
                  You're going to remember that for a lung time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    Nope. Generic "Hey [name], what you doing later etc" msg
                    If you were proper balla you would have literally sent that exact text.

Comment

Pretty soon after I came off... What's my best course of action? My physio appointment is at 5.30pm tmw. Cancel that and go to the GP in the morning instead?? What's going to happen if its the cruicate? I know I'm going to need surgery if so, but like how soon does it usually get performed after its diagnosed? (just mentally preparing myself for the worse)
                      the quick swelling is a bad sign to be honest mate.

what I would do if I was you is in the morning see your GP. you will need to get referred for an MRI so the full extent of the problem can be assessed.

Worst case scenario its your cruciate. If you want to play rugby again you'll need the op but I dont see why you would need to get this done before traveling. your knee might feel unstable at times but unless you are running around you shouldnt notice it too much. In saying that it takes 8 months post op for you to return to sport so getting it done now will mean you mis less of next season

Comment

Yeah you can breathe easy I'd say.

Comment

I meant to go to bed two hours ago so fuck you all for being such witty and engaging company.

Goodnight lads.

Comment

I used to get that !!

It was always after a lot of coke, the drink...may be stress related, i hope.

Had an incident a few years ago, driving to work, pain down the left arm, excessive saliva, felt like shite. following day went to a heart guy, 550 down the tubes, had me run, the baby scanner thing on my hearth, that was cool seeing all the valves and stuff, but it was prob indigestion....cheers !!

reason i had to pay, it was his house/surgery/operating room and not covered by VHI.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

High quality academic journal:

Comment

Fucking microsoft are a bunch of drooling retards.
                                For the first time in my life I have a genuine product key for one of their programs that wasn't preinstalled, yet it doesn't give me the option to enter it where I should (only to uninstall, nh sirs). Also the stupid fucking cunts don't allow you to install it where you want. Also the stupid cunts install about 5 different version in 5 different places.
                                Also crome are cunts too because they won't allow you to choose where you want to install either.

Fuck you microsoft, google and world.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                  For the first time in my life I have a genuine product key for one of their programs that wasn't preinstalled, yet it doesn't give me the option to enter it where I should (only to uninstall, nh sirs). Also the stupid fucking cunts don't allow you to install it where you want. Also the stupid cunts install about 5 different version in 5 different places.
                                  Also crome are cunts too because they won't allow you to choose where you want to install either.

Have a lollypop !
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    If you were proper balla you would have literally sent that exact text.
                                    So ridic bad with names, was watching the episode boardwalk episode when nucky was at the convention, and had no idea who was screwing who.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Just the lack of general shouting and verbal needling back and forth that goes on in a standard game. It would usually take my team about 15 minutes to work out that you can call their centre forward a ginger cunt as often as you want but he can't hear you.

I also think a couple of the teams I played for switched off when they were playing a deaf team, thinking it was going to be an easy game. Even though theres next to nothing in football that makes deafness a problem.
                                      Yeah I figured it's probably weird for teams to come and play us and play in relative silence in comparison to playing other teams. Most of us don't wear hearing aids during matches cos they aren't cheap to replace or fix should they be damaged in the rain or in a challenge etc so yeah I suppose I have been called a prick countless of times without realising.

One of the lads on our team is a hearing brother of one of our lads so the football club isn't exclusive to deaf people only.

Our manager does talk to refs before games because it can be surreal for them communciation wise so he gives them tips (use hand signals and guestures as much as possible) but it can be frustrating to have ignorant referees who book our players for continuing play after the whistle has been blown, that's probably the biggest things that rile our players and lead to ill-discipline through frustration.

Comment

Also, didn't notice myself skipping merrily passed the 3000 post mark today. Jolly good.

Here are some sexy pirates for your enjoyment, in honour of my recent trans-atlantic trip to a pirate festival which included a lot of strippers:

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          I meant to go to bed two hours ago so fuck you all for being such witty and engaging company.

Goodnight lads.
                                          Yep,this.

It's a goodnight from me too.Goodnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            Also, didn't notice myself skipping merrily passed the 3000 post mark today. Jolly good.

Here are some sexy pirates for your enjoyment, in honour of my recent trans-atlantic trip to a pirate festival which included a lot of strippers:

SPOILER

Pirates arrrrrrrrrrr sexy.

Last one.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                              Have a lollypop !
                                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAZ8xwXE5UY[/ame]

Comment

the quick swelling is a bad sign to be honest mate.

what I would do if I was you is in the morning see your GP. you will need to get referred for an MRI so the full extent of the problem can be assessed.

Worst case scenario its your cruciate. If you want to play rugby again you'll need the op but I dont see why you would need to get this done before traveling. your knee might feel unstable at times but unless you are running around you shouldnt notice it too much. In saying that it takes 8 months post op for you to return to sport so getting it done now will mean you mis less of next season
                                                (Takes deep breath)... Shit... I was already stressed out it was my MCL. Shitty fuckedity shit! Going to stick me head in the sand now, not gonna let myself get even more stressed out until I get it seen to.. Probably the best course of action I think! Not that I don't appreciate your feedback, it's more like I'm subconsciously rejecting what you're saying out of desperate hope it's nothing more than a badly twisted knee.

Will let you know what happens. Cheers anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post

Tell us how you really feel.

Comment

I'm none too pleased tbh.

Comment

Yeah I figured it's probably weird for teams to come and play us and play in relative silence in comparison to playing other teams. Most of us don't wear hearing aids during matches cos they aren't cheap to replace or fix should they be damaged in the rain or in a challenge etc so yeah I suppose I have been called a prick countless of times without realising.

One of the lads on our team is a hearing brother of one of our lads so the football club isn't exclusive to deaf people only.

Our manager does talk to refs before games because it can be surreal for them communciation wise so he gives them tips (use hand signals and guestures as much as possible) but it can be frustrating to have ignorant referees who book our players for continuing play after the whistle has been blown, that's probably the biggest things that rile our players and lead to ill-discipline through frustration.
                                                      I played a deaf school pretty sure it was St Vincents U16 with my school Belcamp College(gone now) many years ago. Ive played football for 20 plus years for different teams and to this day I have not been kicked so much in a match as that day and I would be a fairly combative player. I was brought down for 2 penalties and generally kicked apart! . The ref didnt know what to do a bit inexperienced in dealing with that type of situation. Most of the fouls were as you said after the whistle had been blown. We won very very comfortably and we actually won the schools cup that year we had a really strong side. I was left thinking how frustrating it could be at times to play football under them conditions.

I think your team may have beaten a friends team in a cup final in the AUL at the end of last season. Trinity/Donaghmede? I believe you are quite a decent side.

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                                                        I played a deaf school pretty sure it was St Vincents U16 with my school Belcamp College(gone now) many years ago. Ive played football for 20 plus years for different teams and to this day I have not been kicked so much in a match as that day and I would be a fairly combative player. I was brought down for 2 penalties and generally kicked apart! . The ref didnt know what to do a bit inexperienced in dealing with that type of situation. Most of the fouls were as you said after the whistle had been blown. We won very very comfortably and we actually won the schools cup that year we had a really strong side. I was left thinking how frustrating it could be at times to play football under them conditions.

I think your team may have beaten a friends team in a cup final in the AUL at the end of last season. Trinity/Donaghmede? I believe you are quite a decent side.
                                                        That was the school team you played, St Joseph's School. What age are you now out of curiosity?

Yeah we won the cup last year, I was in Australia at the time so plenty of beers were had that night in their honour!

Comment

That was the school team you played, St Joseph's School. What age are you now out of curiosity?

Yeah we won the cup last year, I was in Australia at the time so plenty of beers were had that night in their honour!
                                                          Early 30's unfortunately! Im still playing a decent standard and I play centre mid so not in too bad shape. Regarding the cup win I actually went up to watch that evening and the queue of cars to get into the AUl was halfway backed up from the AUL gates to the N32 and I would say it was backed up a good bit in the other direction. I lost my patience and drove home.

Comment

For the day that is in it BBV:

SPOILER

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It's from SNL I'm guessing

Comment

Morning. Going for my bacon sandwich now.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I always get a laugh out of reading BK's medical advice when I see his avatar of Dr Nick Riviera.

WP.

Comment

that's quite funny

I umpired a match (hockey) on Saturday for the first time in about 5 years. Was hoping for nice quiet afternoon without any controversial shit but my friend neglected to mention that it was a top of the table clash with both teams wound up to 90. Had to officiate on 6 out of the 7 goals (couple were possibly debatable, lol) and send off two players, including one of my best friends. And the rules appear to have changed quite a lot too.

Anyway, in the pub after the game, I buy him a drink and say no hard feelings and he says 'Jesus, no - you had to send me off, I would have done the same'. So I enquire as to why, when he was taking a swing at the opposition (he'd been thumped and was retaliating) and roaring threats at them, that he thought to refer to his opponent as 'a red-headed cunt'?

He thought about and replied that they were all cunts, they knew it and he wanted them to know which one he was referring to specifically.

back to retirement I think
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mixing two of the "Music King" picks together...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ywiPKmheec[/ame]

Comment

Quick Ipod/Iphone query if any can help. someone in the office has bought stuf on itunes/or has stuff on iphone that they want to transfer to the computer. They are saying tho that is they sync the iphone to comp that they will lose the stuff on the phone.... Is there an application to allow you to copy stuff from your iphone onto your computer??

I am not sure if the above even makes sense, reason I have stayed away from Apple products for so long!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                            Quick Ipod/Iphone query if any can help. someone in the office has bought stuf on itunes/or has stuff on iphone that they want to transfer to the computer. They are saying tho that is they sync the iphone to comp that they will lose the stuff on the phone.... Is there an application to allow you to copy stuff from your iphone onto your computer??

I am not sure if the above even makes sense, reason I have stayed away from Apple products for so long!!
                                                                            Open up itunes on the pc you want to use it on. Go to Store>Authorise This Computer. Should work after that. Had to find out the same thing when i got a new laptop and needed everything transferred over.

Comment

Good interview with Xavi in the Grauniad here:

Xavi, who visits Arsenal with Barcelona in the Champions League next week, tells Sid Lowe about his football education, Cesc Fábregas and the greatness of Paul Scholes
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Was in bed sick yesterday and catching up properly on the BBV now. FD in bed so can't ask him... wtf is the BK post that was deleted about.

PM please asap

Comment

Just back from the doctor. I had a scheduled blood test for 9 o clock. Just went through over 30 minutes of the doctor prodding around inside my arm looking for a vein, without success. Gotta go back now on Wednesday, so they can try again. Really annoying
                                                                                  http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                  http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                                                                    Just back from the doctor. I had a scheduled blood test for 9 o clock. Just went through over 30 minutes of the doctor prodding around inside my arm looking for a vein, without success. Gotta go back now on Wednesday, so they can try again. Really annoying
                                                                                    if you drink lots of water the veins will show up easier - they are harder to spot when your dehydrated

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Was in bed sick yesterday and catching up properly on the BBV now. FD in bed so can't ask him... wtf is the BK post that was deleted about.

PM please asap
                                                                                      He posted a really fucking long shaggy dog story with a terrible pun at the end. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                        He posted a really fucking long shaggy dog story with a terrible pun at the end. That's all.
                                                                                        That post reeks of BS! PM me the truth

Comment

That post reeks of BS! PM me the truth
                                                                                          YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Comment

Try me...

Comment

Pipe down and quit shit stirring. You're gonna get BK in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                Pipe down and quit shit stirring. You're gonna get BK in trouble.
                                                                                                Hurry up and PM me, don't want to have to wake MrFD

if it was something lame it would be reposted, so I wont be fooled with any old shite. Just remember I am not a retard and will guess when you are making it up!

Comment

ask mr fd to show you when he wakes up
                                                                                                  48

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                                                                                                    ask mr fd to show you when he wakes up
                                                                                                    Just woke him... this better be good lol

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                      books
                                                                                                      cars
                                                                                                      The upcoming Election
                                                                                                      Coventry City Football club
                                                                                                      Pokemon
                                                                                                      movies
                                                                                                      why Canada is better than Israel
                                                                                                      lisa lefteye lopez
                                                                                                      Danny Dyer still finding work
                                                                                                      poker
                                                                                                      the kray brothers
                                                                                                      Is london cleaner than moscow
                                                                                                      why does the isle of man have so many golf courses?

etc... Or anything on your mind?
                                                                                                      I didnt realise the Isle of man had lots of golf courses but I imagine it would be because of all the rich people. But this would be my choice if its a pole. I have now remebered how much confusion Danny Dyers ability to get work has caused me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        Genuine question:

Want to do a decent 1k post. On Boards it was my Decon thread.

Any suggestions for this time round? I know gifs of sexy wimmins is the norm but anything else?
                                                                                                        Explain how you are so good at tetris.

Comment

Just woke him... this better be good lol

ffs where did i say to wake him up
                                                                                                          48

Comment

New Radiohead album this Saturday - The Kings of Limbs

Band make surprise announcement that eighth album, The Kings of Limbs, will be available to download in five days' time

An official online resource containing everything we, Radiohead, have ever done, more or less. Videos, music, artwork, websites, merchandise, and assorted ephemeral materials.

Opr

Comment

I might be on my own here, but Radiohead went crap after OK computer.
                                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                I might be on my own here, but Radiohead went crap after OK computer.
                                                                                                                Hope you are. In Rainbows is immense

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                  I might be on my own here, but Radiohead went crap after Kid A
                                                                                                                  Fuck you, pal.

Comment

Could someone pm me the contents of Wayne Rooneys missing post, I feel left out

Comment

LOL

Special double today (both G Moore horses at Plum) Boyles pay 13/2

If you take the current prices it works out just under 8/1.

WP Boyles

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                                                                                        Could someone pm me the contents of Wayne Rooneys missing post, I feel left out
                                                                                                                        + 1. I initially didn't care but this topic is still being discussed so it must be seen.

Comment

Well.. that wasn't worth waiting for. Stick it up your shit pipe

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X