Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Lyons man. But they're both infinitely better than the muck that's the norm here.

I'm rationing tea bags until my friend arrives over on the 26th for the Ireland Scotland game...

He's gonna bring the re-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      I'm a Lyons man. But they're both infinitely better than the muck that's the norm here.

I'm rationing tea bags until my friend arrives over on the 26th for the Ireland Scotland game...

He's gonna bring the re-up.
      Lyons is good stuff alright, have always drank it. Bought a box of Twinings lately though cos I thought the box looked fancy and I must say it's excellent, doubt I'll be switching back.

Had a week where I kept forgetting to buy milk and was drinking it black no bother, whereas I'd always find Lyons - even the GBR bags - too bitter.

Comment

Black tea is the only way to drink it.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
          been together over 5 years. had planned to propose last month in france, had picked a ring, but when I got cut hours at work I couldnt afford it. Im too old to be starting this shit all over again. not that I even want to.
          my heart goes out to you as iv been there as probably alot here have!
          but hey come 28 jesus you are so young yet, I went out with a fella for 5 years , the father of my eldest and i was madly in love with him, (i was 25)
          his brother committed suicide when i was 7 months pregnant and with the shock of that i went into labour. while our child was being born , his 18yr old brother was being buried.

his parents were farmers and were disgusted by the fact that i was pregnant and didnt want to have anything to do with their grandaughter. so anyway when my daughter was 6 months old he left me.

words will never describe how i felt, never! i was in bits like you now, couldnt eat, pains in stomach, i was actually phisically sick and lost so much weight my hair fell out, i had contemplated suicide as i really thought i couldnt live without him , i rang every day for weeks on end like a fool and every time i went to bed i wondered where he was , who he was with etc

As time passed i slowly started to enjoy myself and eventually at the age of 30 i met the kindest man iv ever known, i actually didnt know looking back how a relationship could be so right. i was so used to fighting and arguing. im now married to him and thank god that prick left me because if he didnt i would have found what i have now.!

i remember lying on my bed when asshole left me and i had a knife in my hand and my mother came into the room and the words she said to me were " michelle there is a sock for every shoe in this world and you just havent met your shoe yet" that simple sentence really rang true!

i know you think this might have been the woman for you but quite possibly she may not!
          and insecurety and jelousy will never leave her if she is that type.

you have been with her since you were 23 which is very young, go out with the lads and have some fun if you can, which i might add will drive her mad and if she truly loves you , she will come back. good luck and chin up!
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            I like my tea like I like my women.

SPOILER

Strong, hot and brown

Comment

BBV becoming a victim of its own success imo. Finding it very hard to keep up and have little motivation to either.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Zuroph I'm 31, I broke up with GF of 7.5 years a year ago. Met another girl 2 months later and was never as happy as I am now. Don't get too fatalist about it. There's hope for us all!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    This is incorrect.

The addition of milk to tea in Europe was first mentioned in 1680 by the epistolist Madame de Sévigné.[39] Many teas are traditionally drunk with milk in cultures where dairy products are consumed. These include Indian masala chai, and British tea blends. These teas tend to be very hearty varieties of black tea which can be tasted through the milk, such as Assams, or the East Friesian blend. Milk is thought to neutralize remaining tannins and reduce acidity.[40][41] The Chinese (Hans) do not usually drink milk with tea (or indeed use milk at all) but the Manchurians do, and the elite of the Qing Dynasty of the Chinese Empire continued to do so. Hong Kong-style milk tea is based on British colonial habits. Tibetans and other Himalayan peoples traditionally drink tea with milk or yak butter and salt.

Comment

Comment

I was addicted to this in India, look at the skill needed to make the cuppa.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYoQoE64-dc[/ame]
                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                          Well played truly well played

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Was expecting more from that episode after it was hyped up!
                          What are you mad it was awesome!
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              change is bad.

Importing your herb of choice is good
                              "Importing herbs" eh?

@Zuroph not much I can say man. Just take it as it comes. See what happens with the chat and go from there. No point beating yourself over it before you know the full story. If she does intend to break up with her just make sure everything is out in the open before ye part ways as losing her will haunt you for longer if you haven't told her everything. I'm not saying propose, in face I think that's the last thing you should do but at least let her know that's where you would like to go in the future. If that's not enough just let her go and get through the storm. GL man
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Comment

Hey guys put up this post earlier:

Ok so a little help here would be great guys. Just back from the doctor (first time in like 10 years, no exaggeration) and she reckons I have to lose 3 stone. I know I'm overweight and I know this will give me the kick up the arse to do something about it like. Any weight loss tips? Beyond the usual more exercise less junk food if at all possible. I have to go back for a blood test on Monday which I'm really nervous about to be honest. Any help is massively appreciated bbv.

Thanks.
                                  Well just back from the gym, I honestly really enjoyed it. Today was a test run but I'll be getting a 6 month membership tomorrow. I did 20 minutes steady walk on treadmill at 7 km/h at 3.5 gradient and 10 minute jog at 8.5 km/h and then repeated the 7 km/h for another 30 minutes. Like it's not much but it's a start. Big thanks to all the helpful posters, particularly Emmet who sorted me out with a bunch of helpful links. I'm super determined to get this done. 3-4 stone is a lot and I know it won't be easy or happen quickly but once I make steady progress I'll be happy. I'll start a log next week to monitor progress and get any advice from anyone who fancies helping.

Cheers again guys
                                  http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                  http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

I was caught stealing full stops there earlier in the week.....

SPOILER
                                    I'm facing a long sentence

Comment

Posted in Person to Person transfers but thought I'd stick it here too as kinda urgent:

Anyone online at the mo able to swap me $143 of your Pokerstars for $150 or €105 from my Boylepoker? Can round up tha amounts if it's easier and will t/f first obv. Only looking for it for the next hour or so. PM to arrange. Cheers.

Comment

Wow its getting emotional in here today.

Im going out to drink my body weight in vodka and go creepin for dtf bitches, thats how i roll.
                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Some random tunes in no particular order...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX5cAzP8wzY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAydj4OJnwQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEbjvvlknEk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HNtsdtnBfk[/ame]

Who needs lyrics
                                          It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

Im going out to drink my body weight in vodka and go creepin for dtf bitches, thats how i roll.
                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                              What are you mad it was awesome!
                                              I would have loved to see some random chick punch Sammi in the mouth for dancing with her man. Would also have been sweet if The Situation brought a grenade home before spending half the night trying to get her out of the house

What was priceless tho, was the look on Nicole's face when Jenny walked in wearing that sexy bondage number. You could see her thinking "I want to fuck you right now"

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

Fist pump like a champ!

Comment

Zuroph didn't you cheat on your current gf before, which is why she isn't so trusting? I can't see how things could ever be perfect with that hanging over the relationship. You are prob better off starting afresh, as painful as it may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    I would have loved to see some random chick punch Sammi in the mouth for dancing with her man. Would also have been sweet if The Situation brought a grenade home before spending half the night trying to get her out of the house

What was priceless tho, was the look on Nicole's face when Jenny walked in wearing that sexy bondage number. You could see her thinking "I want to fuck you right now"
                                                    Jesus she didnt look half bad either!

I think the thing that made the episode for me was
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    was when Pauly was cleaning his sneakers and the two of them were fighting and he says he cant do it

Comment

Comment

I'm much more of a coffee man but when I drink tea, I like just a tiny splash of milk, and absolutely no sugar, and I'm never too bothered about the brand.

Sweet tea is the most offensive thing known to man.

I also despise people beside me at the coffee machine in Spar making tea, and putting half a gallon of milk into it, so the drink ends up an almost white colour, and is mostly milk.

I always consider those people simpletons with no class, they usually have a copy of the Sun in their other hand.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                          Stewart Lee talking about Top Gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0i0RXMvzMs
                                                          Mild racism

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIQ9iv3ZkaM[/ame]

And beatboxing Clarkson.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9u0LxIWJk[/ame]

Comment

I fucking hate Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson is a twat.

Comment

LOL @ the Shinners Election broadcast. You can be certain that there are bodies and or guns buried on the farm of that Wickla Mucksavage with the cute cottage and the no front teeth who is not getting a 'Fair Price ' for his cattle.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

watch this
                                                                This is "DAA - Pride" by Ciaran McCarthy on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

then this
                                                                This is "DAA Pride Barry Murphy Parody" by Ciaran McCarthy on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ldAfo5jUSM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

still no sign of her, i'm going crazy.

Also, in totally weird trivia which I just learned, apparently all crisps best before dates fall on a saturday.
                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Also, in totally weird trivia which I just learned, apparently all crisps best before dates fall on a saturday.
                                                                      Phone her and see where she is, we are all waiting patiently on her.

gl gl gl

Comment

Do ya hear that Michelle, the rest of your crisps will be gone off in 4 hours time so you'd better finish the rest of them tonight instead of letting them go to waste. Nom Nom Nom
                                                                        Last edited by Teddie; 11-02-11, 19:38.

Comment

Comment

Makes perfect sense if true
                                                                            Only have to changes the machines BBF dates once a week

done automatically at same time every week id assume

*id assumed it was a hangover practice from olden times of tools setters and the likes
                                                                            Bobby answer makes a bit'o sense as well
                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 11-02-11, 19:52. Reason: *

Comment

+1 give her a ring and just ask is she calling as you want to know what the story is!
                                                                              if she ignores your call , go and have a few pints, from a womans point of view when the man chased me, i didnt give a fuck but the minute he stopped and i didnt know his whereabouts it drove me mental and the roles were soon reversed!

and when she finds out your not hanging around waiting and contacts you, just say " you made it clear you dont trust me and want to end it , so what can i do, im not going to hang around moping"

trust me on this one!!
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                Do ya hear that Michelle, the rest of your crisps will be gone off in 4 hours time so you'd better finish the rest of them tonight instead of letting them go to waste. Nom Nom Nom
                                                                                if food in my house was out of date in say 3 days, i wont eat it, im weird like that and especially stuff like yogurts, sausages, milk! i have to stick my nose into everything to smell it first, im so funny about food lol

re: crisps, i bought 3 six packs today for the kids and i have not touched one bag!
                                                                                i ate hake for the first time in my life today, not mad about it TBH!

my treat was a bottle of wine
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                  watch this
                                                                                  This is "DAA - Pride" by Ciaran McCarthy on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

then this
                                                                                  http://vimeo.com/19798785
                                                                                  I love the bit where he takes the piss out of the other ponce..

'We're all actors who've spent a bit of time in America'

Brilliant
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

if she doesnt trust me she doesnt trust me, theres nothing I can do about that. I've been trying to calm her nerves for years. I'm done for.
                                                                                    28.
                                                                                    yeah your well past it

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                    After 5 years the trust should be there imo.
                                                                                    yep you either fucked her over early doors or she has serious issues

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                    Zuutroph - A woman you actually want to be with wouldn't freak out over something so innocuous. You're better off without her IMO. Even if you manage to get her back she'll just keep hunting for reasons to be pissed off with you. Fuck that noise, better off single.
                                                                                    don't know about single but she sounds like alot of hard work i hope she is worth it if it works out

@ emmet

how to make proper tea even if you have to use that engerlish stuff

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVmeIxibM8o&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVmeIxibM8o&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                    48

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                          if food in my house was out of date in say 3 days, i wont eat it, im weird like that and especially stuff like yogurts, sausages, milk! i have to stick my nose into everything to smell it first, im so funny about food lol

re: crisps, i bought 3 six packs today for the kids and i have not touched one bag!
                                                                                          i ate hake for the first time in my life today, not mad about it TBH!

my treat was a bottle of wine
                                                                                          Stuff is still good 3 days out and you wont go near it??? To me thats is absolute stupid!

Its not like you have something like this some crazy compulsion

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxIwcMIvRzk[/ame]

Comment

...

Comment

okay a tough one here. gf trying to track down a disney cartoon where goofy plays jazz. know i've seen it somewhere before, but no idea and google isn't helping.
                                                                                              Is it one of the black and white ones?

Comment

...

Comment

Just reading in Marching Powder earlier that the drugs enforcement agencies in South America get their drug sniffer dogs hooked on coke so that when they go sniffing for cocaine in passenger's luggage in the airports they really really want to find it. Kudos to their HR department for coming up with that one tbh, not too many ways to successfully motivate a dog to align his desires with the corporate strategy.
                                                                                                  omg thats the book by rusty young! thats the best book iv ever read!!! me and you have very similar tastes lol
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

silvio berlusconi must be one of the coolest men alive

Comment

okay a tough one here. gf trying to track down a disney cartoon where goofy plays jazz. know i've seen it somewhere before, but no idea and google isn't helping.
                                                                                                      This it ?

Goofy made a cameo in 1952's "Pluto's Christmas Tree", playing the double bass (or bass fiddle as he might call it) and singing "Deck The Halls" with Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck outside of Mickey's house for Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Sigh. its fuckin impossible to find the bob dylan stuff you want on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                          Sigh. its fuckin impossible to find the bob dylan stuff you want on youtube
                                                                                                          Upload it yourself, code it so as not to draw attention, ipb1, ipb2 etc ?
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-More-Tomorrows-Compelling-Sentenced/dp/1845963865/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297458964&sr=1-1"][/ame]
                                                                                                            Just reading in Marching Powder earlier that the drugs enforcement agencies in South America get their drug sniffer dogs hooked on coke so that when they go sniffing for cocaine in passenger's luggage in the airports they really really want to find it. Kudos to their HR department for coming up with that one tbh, not too many ways to successfully motivate a dog to align his desires with the corporate strategy.
                                                                                                            Iv just bought this book, i have loads of them prison books read! love them!
                                                                                                            postage is fuckin very expensive though, that pisses me off!
                                                                                                            [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-More-Tomorrows-Compelling-Sentenced/dp/1845963865/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297458964&sr=1-1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-More-Tomorrows-Compelling-Sentenced/dp/1845963865/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297458964&sr=1-1[/ame]
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              silvio berlusconi must be one of the coolest men alive
                                                                                                              Boom headshot!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4qNHJpccZc[/ame]

Comment

Cracking movie on BBC2 at 11:50 for any of you interested

Comment

Couldn't find it, though found this bit of wierdness in the search

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2tnm6OGWRs&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

she's just gone again. we had a full and frank talk since 8, I told her my feelings, and how I mised her when she was away, and how much i talked about her. we got some places, it all fell back to the wording of that message again. she insisted on pulling it up to show me, I tried to explain the thing, she said I was minimising it, I said that maybe she was maximising it, and she flipped again. i got her to concede to thinking about it for the week. I doubt it'll take her a week to make her mind up.

bottle of powers on the table. bye bye powers.
                                                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                      Cracking movie on BBC2 at 11:50 for any of you interested

Yo Danny hop onto xbox live there if you are free for a game of fifa 11. I'll extend that challenge to anyone here actually. Gamertag = coillcam.

Comment

she's just gone again. we had a full and frank talk since 8, I told her my feelings, and how I mised her when she was away, and how much i talked about her. we got some places, it all fell back to the wording of that message again. she insisted on pulling it up to show me, I tried to explain the thing, she said I was minimising it, I said that maybe she was maximising it, and she flipped again. i got her to concede to thinking about it for the week. I doubt it'll take her a week to make her mind up.

bottle of powers on the table. bye bye powers.
                                                                                                                        Where was she away and for how long ?

powers aint the answer either bro.....nasty shit, cut the gut out of you...hit the offie quick for some vodka !!
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Keane2097 if anyones on black ops on xbox...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X