This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
    been together over 5 years. had planned to propose last month in france, had picked a ring, but when I got cut hours at work I couldnt afford it. Im too old to be starting this shit all over again. not that I even want to.
    I'm so sorry, I can see you are hurting. {{{hugs}}} Mrs F is right - better face to face and not via text/email etc.

I'd make a heartfelt appeal to her to reconsider - she is obv feeling very insecure, as boyfriend/girlfriend and one party flirting (no matter how little) it will make her worse... you don't need an expensive engagement ring to get married. Did she know about the proposal plan? Maybe that's what she was hoping for?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
      typical girl response. Our boy is hurting here, save it for your sewing group
      Just you STFU

I am being honest. I would hate to have it thrown on me unexpectedly, although if it happens I will surely read about it on the BBV anyway when Tony asks for advice on how to do it.

I feel the guys pain, 5 years is a long time. I would say the girl does love him and is just hurting right now as she full of jealousy. How he reacts is the key, trust me I know how woman work. If she truly meant it she wouldn't say and would spring it on him. I say this might not be the end yet and just a blip (hopefully for our Zuroph)

Comment

If she's definitely going to finish it, just text her first saying it's over and you'll talk to her in person tomorrow because you can't tonight as you had already planned to meet some mates in the pub.

Comment

been together over 5 years. had planned to propose last month in france, had picked a ring, but when I got cut hours at work I couldnt afford it. Im too old to be starting this shit all over again. not that I even want to.
          Can I ask what age you are Zuroph?

Comment

if she doesnt trust me she doesnt trust me, theres nothing I can do about that. I've been trying to calm her nerves for years. I'm done for.
            http://mobro.co/zuroph
            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                If she's definitely going to finish it, just text her first saying it's over and you'll talk to her in person tomorrow because you can't tonight as you had already planned to meet some mates in the pub.
                Ignore that totally or you will piss her off to no end!

Comment

if she doesnt trust me she doesnt trust me, theres nothing I can do about that. I've been trying to calm her nerves for years. I'm done for.
                  stop letting her read your messages ffs.

Comment

That's just bad boards.ie PI advice there. Trust can be built up, it would involve you not texting girls stuff like that, or at least having the wherewithall to delete them if you know she checks your phone. You're smarter than that in fairness.

If you want to go for a pint or anything anyway you have my number, I'm around all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Somebody has to get this into the Music King thread

DJ Pauly D - Beat That Beat - Feat Jaylyn DucatiNow Avail on ItunesS.K.A.M. Booking - http://www.skamartist.com/Twitter.com/PaulyDTwitter.com/djskribbleTwitt...
                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKmUf1Cyp4[/ame]

Comment

same one from last time, she thinks I flirt with girls too much. I dont mean to, I dont mean anything by it, and its very rare. She saw a message between me and a female mate where we were talking about our relationships, and when the girl said she had started going out with someone I said "I know, I saw, I was shocked! (and slightly gutted :P)" which she says is too much. I honestly meant it as a joke, and have no interest in that girl, but apparently its a deal breaker. Im sick to my stomach, I've been in bits all day, and dont want to lose her, but I know Im fighting a losing battle here. my head hurts so bad.
                        Sorry I could be getting this wrong, is this the girl that was reading your email/texts or was that someone else? Also, if the same girl 'she saw a message', how does that happen?

Anyway, best of luck with the chat, its pretty shitty but you'll get thru

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                          I feel the guys pain, 5 years is a long time. I would say the girl does love him and is just hurting right now as she full of jealousy. How he reacts is the key, trust me I know how woman work. If she truly meant it she wouldn't say and would spring it on him. I say this might not be the end yet and just a blip (hopefully for our Zuroph)
                          That what I thought, that's how I'd do it too... Sounds like she's putting him on a noose but not going to drop the hatch just yet; maybe looking for an apology/promises to de-friend said girl/commit to an engagement etc.

"How he reacts..." is right - hence my suggestion to make a heartfelt effort to savage it.

But this won't be enough - couple counselling is required to make a good go of it here, she can't keep bringing this up. Not fair on Zuroph.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            That's just bad boards.ie PI advice there. Trust can be built up, it would involve you not texting girls stuff like that, or at least having the wherewithall to delete them if you know she checks your phone. You're smarter than that in fairness.

If you want to go for a pint or anything anyway you have my number, I'm around all weekend.
                            After 5 years the trust should be there imo.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2UCJVW-1Dk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2UCJVW-1Dk[/ame]

Comment

I

What have I done now? have never abused anyone IPB unless Tony has been using my comp again

You've been pretty feisty the last couple of days, calling poor Andy a sick fuck for sympathising with an injured old lady is one that comes to mind
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

that was it, the only message, in a full facebook PM box, two badly placed words, with no intention or contemplation behind them. just something stupid I said, and now cant take back.
                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

BEAT: girlfriend is coming in to break up with me. I feel sick.
                                    Hope ye work it out dude !!

If ye dont, i will buy the valentines card and whatever present you got her for say...60c in the € ?
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                      After 5 years the trust should be there imo.
                                      In fairness to the girl, it's not her fault there's been dodgy sounding stuff for her to find in his PM box.

Anyway, Zuroph, if you think this is really the issue then you ought to tell her how you'd planned to propose and all that IMO. If you feel that strongly about the girl you need to put all the cards on the table.

Comment

I can't believe you are saying you are too old to be starting again at the age of 28. Let me tell you a story.. one that I may or may not have said before.

I was 17 when I met my ex, we got married when I was 26. I had two children with him and moved to Ireland because he had developed a bit of a drink problem and thought things would be different here.

It got worse and worse to the extent he resorted to violence etc. I was 32 and had two young children to think of. I left, even at that age I knew I was not done for. I had been with him over 15 years.

I met FD in 2008 and never been happier. I am 38 now and had a baby last Christmas. So please don't say you are too old as I you are nowhere near over the hill.

Sorry for the personal story, but proving a point really.

Comment

same one from last time, she thinks I flirt with girls too much. I dont mean to, I dont mean anything by it, and its very rare. She saw a message between me and a female mate where we were talking about our relationships, and when the girl said she had started going out with someone I said "I know, I saw, I was shocked! (and slightly gutted :P)" which she says is too much. I honestly meant it as a joke, and have no interest in that girl, but apparently its a deal breaker. Im sick to my stomach, I've been in bits all day, and dont want to lose her, but I know Im fighting a losing battle here. my head hurts so bad.
                                          Awful man. Chin up.
                                          I'm sure you will hear(and think of) countless defenses and 'for the best' type responses to this before she arrives. All I can say is this;
                                          Talk honestly to her, make no excuses for your personality as more than likely it is what she was attracted to in the 1st place. If she cannot see how you truly feel then accept it. Dont make a comprimise that will fundementally change who you are. Neither of you will be happy in the long run.

Sorry to hear it man.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I cant bring myself to watch it as that little dude creeps me the fuck out

Pauly D is a legend!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rx3tPeE3ug[/ame]
                                            Last edited by tylerdurden94; 11-02-11, 17:02.
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Zuutroph - A woman you actually want to be with wouldn't freak out over something so innocuous. You're better off without her IMO. Even if you manage to get her back she'll just keep hunting for reasons to be pissed off with you. Fuck that noise, better off single.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                You've been pretty feisty the last couple of days, calling poor Andy a sick fuck for sympathising with an injured old lady is one that comes to mind
                                                Oh very funny

I was saying him thanking a post about someone getting knocked down was sick lol. Was tongue n cheek

Comment

The 'slightly gutted' piece, I'm assuming that's for our benefit?

Either way man, it shows you do have some kind of feeling for that other girl, maybe your girlfriend has noticed it in other ways.

Breaking up with you for that comment alone is a little overkill tbh*

*ie, without the slightly gutted bit

Comment

Pauly D is a legend!
                                                    Seems like an actual decent chap. Surprised tbh! Himself and Vinny are the only semi normal people on the show!

Comment

moved to Ireland because he had developed a bit of a drink problem and thought things would be different here.
                                                      The equivalent here would be if she offered to move me into a whore house. Had you not heard of Ireland?!
                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Hosni Mubarak steps down as Egyptian President
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

100% agree. Either there is something else going on. Or she has other underlying issues with trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            Anyway, Zuroph, if you think this is really the issue then you ought to tell her how you'd planned to propose and all that IMO. If you feel that strongly about the girl you need to put all the cards on the table.
                                                            I agree.

Time to man up and just go for it imo. Fuck it, worst that happens is that she leaves which is what you think is gonna happen anyway and best case you come on later and tell us you're engaged.

Absolutely cannot lose here if you ask me. There is zero downside. Might make the whole thing a touch more awkward but fuck it, at this stage who cares?
                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

How much would it cost to ship some tea across to Scotland?
                                                              I've 12 bags left, and I'm starting to panic.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                Seems like an actual decent chap. Surprised tbh! Himself and Vinny are the only semi normal people on the show!
                                                                Aye very true when he first popped up back in Season 1 I was like "wtf with this weirdo" but he does seem like a normalish dude.

You see the latest episode?

SPOILER
                                                                when Ronnie + Sam are having their fight and he is giving out saying he cant clean his sneakers over all of this
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

The 'slightly gutted' piece, I'm assuming that's for our benefit?

Either way man, it shows you do have some kind of feeling for that other girl, maybe your girlfriend has noticed it in other ways.

*ie, without the slightly gutted bit
                                                                  think you took this up wrong man.

message to zuroph: hey ddi ya hear I was in a relationship
                                                                  message to bird: I know, I was shocked, and slightly gutted!!
                                                                  mtz: oh haha very funny
                                                                  mtb: LOL
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

How much are you thinking of sending?

Comment

moved to Ireland because he had developed a bit of a drink problem and thought things would be different here.
                                                                      That's a nice story and I totally agree with the sentiment but I can't help but question the logic behind this move

Zuroph, sounds like if you really wanted too you could get her back tbh, it's not like she's breaking up with you because she wants too. Make some grand promises and keep in contact with her, ez game
                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Tevez View Post
                                                                        How much are you thinking of sending?
                                                                        I'm here for another 6 months, so probably 500?

Comment

I've just read back and the 'slightly gutted' thing wasn't for our benefit, that's what your girlfriend read.

Jesus man, that's a tough one to wriggle out of.

However, I'm with my wife almost 18 years in total, and we've been through shit that makes that look like a romantic dinner, so short term, yeah, it's a fuck, but long term it'll be a blip.

Let her rant, (as she should in fairness) and things will be fine in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            I agree.

Time to man up and just go for it imo. Fuck it, worst that happens is that she leaves which is what you think is gonna happen anyway and best case you come on later and tell us you're engaged.

Absolutely cannot lose here if you ask me. There is zero downside. Might make the whole thing a touch more awkward but fuck it, at this stage who cares?
                                                                            from experience, this is a bad idea.
                                                                            not to belittle the fairer sex but the idea of marriage and wedding bells can
                                                                            a)leave her running for the hills at the suddenness
                                                                            b)provide a distraction why she is pissed off and be all sweetness and light but the underlying problem is still there
                                                                            c) think it's a ploy and you are just trying to placate her
                                                                            or
                                                                            d)and I hope this one doesnt happen, give her a shitty sense of empowerment while she breaks up.

just my honest opinion but such a major realtionship move shouldnt come on the back of a breakup situation

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              b)provide a distraction why she is pissed off and be all sweetness and light but the underlying problem is still there
                                                                              or
                                                                              d)and I hope this one doesnt happen, give her a shitty sense of empowerment while she breaks up.

just my honest opinion but such a major realtionship move shouldnt come on the back of a breakup situation
                                                                              Haven't been in this spot but I see your logic. I'll happily defer to experience.
                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                or

This is the most sensible advice so far. I suck at relationship advice so cant offer any words of advice without knowing a whole lot more but good luck.

Comment

diets, relationships and now Emmets tea dilemas. Strange day for he BBV you would swear that there was no sports this weekend, poker had been baned and a mass istrogen drop into the Irish water table

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                    diets, relationships and now Emmets tea dilemas. Strange day for he BBV you would swear that there was no sports this weekend, poker had been baned and a mass istrogen drop into the Irish water table
                                                                                    shit is real yo

Comment

The equivalent here would be if she offered to move me into a whore house. Had you not heard of Ireland?!
                                                                                      The West of Scotland has one of the worst reputations for drinking anywhere!

Comment

It's all in the game yo

Edit:
                                                                                        FU Keane

Comment

Bet you Ace is furiously checking Facebook for Zuroph's bird.

Comment

They do sell tea in Scotland Emmet.. try ASDA

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                            That's a nice story and I totally agree with the sentiment but I can't help but question the logic behind this move

Zuroph, sounds like if you really wanted too you could get her back tbh, it's not like she's breaking up with you because she wants too. Make some grand promises and keep in contact with her, ez game

I had no idea what it was like here tbh. My family came from Donegal and I visited and loved it. It is far more expensive to drink over here and thought it would curtail the habit a bit. I was proved wrong obv

Comment

And at Zuroph, if you want to test her real motive. When she says something just say:-

"What a tit I would be looking now if I did have the money to get that ring I had my eye on for a proposal in Paris..." us wimmin are romantic and if she bullshitting about a breakup you will know by her eyes instantly!

Comment

The West of Scotland has one of the worst reputations for drinking anywhere!
                                                                                                I think the north of scotland is worse

Comment

I'm here for another 6 months, so probably 500?
                                                                                                  3 cups a day!! WUSSY!!

Comment

They do sell tea in Scotland Emmet.. try ASDA
                                                                                                    :
                                                                                                    Fuck me if I'm drinking Tetleys or Twinnings or anything else with a silly name.

My Granddad would turn in his grave.

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                    3 cups a day!! WUSSY!!
                                                                                                    I'll probably bump home at some stage, bring an empty bag with me going over, fill her up going home.

Old school smuggling style.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                      I think the north of scotland is worse
                                                                                                      where?

Comment

Fuck me if I'm drinking Tetleys or Twinnings or anything else with a silly name.

There is naff all wrong with the teabags there. typhoo, nambarie etc. man up FFS

Comment

Ugh somebody just ruined Jersey Shore for me this morning jumps in with "omg blah blah blah blah, did you see it?" normally you would ask somebody had they seen it before you go on and tell them the story

New episode http://tvdex.org/shows/jersey-shore/.../cabs-are-here
                                                                                                          Only 18 mins into this episode, and it could well be the best Jersey Shore of all time
                                                                                                          eoghanlyons.com

Comment

scots blend is alright. I would try heading down around parkhead in glasgow and ask about. (That is the barrowlands for a non soccer fan) I imagine that a lot of people wil think you are trying to buy drugs, sell you drugs or give you drugs but that is quite standard anyway.

Comment

where?
                                                                                                              wick and the shetlands, mental fuckers up that end. I think the lack of light in the winter and the never ending light in the summer combined with nothing but rocks for scenery and no people turn them mad

Comment

Seriously Emmett you should be able to find a cuppa that you like. Go down to Tescos and buy a selection, one of them will be drinkable.

Comment

Hooray its the weekend time to go.

Comment

Was expecting more from that episode after it was hyped up!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                      Seriously Emmet you should be able to find a cuppa that you like. Go down to Tescos and buy a selection, one of them will be drinkable.
                                                                                                                      change is bad.

Importing your herb of choice is good

Comment

change is bad.

what's your tea of choice
                                                                                                                        barry's or lyons?

Comment

change is bad.

You poor students are getting way to fussy imo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X