This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    If anyones got a few spare $$$ knocking around you coul do a lot worse then donating to Mayor Luke Ming Flangans campaign. http://www.lukemingflanagan.ie/help-out
    He is very close to being elected in Roscommon/south leitrim and a major dirty tricks campign has been launched against him by FF.

If guys like him, somerville and Ross get in there might be some slim hope.

BTW Try not to go into shock when you see that he has an actual policies section on his website

By way of comparison here is Brian lenihans "National issues"" page on his website. Sums up the sociopathic traitor. Pathetic. http://www.brianlenihan.ie/national-issues.html
    Can't believe he's still going strong! I was in school with him(!) He was as opinionated and argumentative then as he is now...

Comment

Big poo obv

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
        2lbs of what? I'm serious
        Whatever Tom, its a start innit?

Damn coffee break is over... I was enjoying this! TTYL

Comment

Tom they are just trolling and trying to wind you up. Pay no heed.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            Big poo obv
            lol you would have a quare sore hole after!!!
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

I'm not disputing that you can lose weight on it. EB's diet she posted last night was fine.

I'm disputing that a diet which says you can eat "Unlimited" Anything should be trusted.

Losing weight is very easy. Calories in < Calories Out = weight loss.

If the diet says you can eat Unlimited anything, than clearly it is full of shit.

I could eat nothing but Brocolli and Spinach for a year and not lose weight, simply because I'm eating 2.5k Cals of it a day.
              I get where you are coming from here but you are being pedantic to a Kayroo level.
              The diet plan is not just eat unlimited x
              Human beings will not eat 3kg of potatoes as they will not be hungry enough.
              It's really as simple as that imo.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Finkel would have put these women in there place and thwarted there attempt at taking over the BBV

I'm scared to.

Comment

Is there some student tourny on this weekend? Be nice to use my student card for some pokeage related banter.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                    ah come on!!!! im on a diet obviosly !!!

Yes but you dont know what you've lost two lbs of.... Fat, muscle, water!!!

Actuully nevermind. Carry on

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      I get where you are coming from here but you are being pedantic to a Kayroo level.
                      he really isn't...

The amount of food you eat is the one vital element of any diet, to call ctriscism of a wild mis-advertisement this crucial factor "pedantic" is very wrong.

Comment

People complain about being capped on Unlimited broadband allowances dont they?

The word unlimited means without limit. I find it terrifying that a "diet marketer" would use the word anywhere in any of it's literature, when most people will lose weight sinply by portion control and imposing limits.

Comment

Jesus.

Comment

Big poo obv
                            Funny one was one of my friends doing a half stone dump when he was like 16. He was a big guy, 17 stone and already doing weights because he started underage for Munster.

Well, he had a steak dinner at home. Then came to mine and had a mountain of chicken, and the farts outta him were just horrendous . He knew it was gonna be a big one so took a photo of the scales before and after and lo and behold he was a half stone lighter
                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

obviously after 8 pints all bets are off here
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                Is there some student tourny on this weekend? Be nice to use my student card for some pokeage related banter.
                                Na its a bit away yet. Middle of March methinks. €110 in and PP are adding an Irish open ticket to the winner. Being played in the Jackpot

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  Mods, I still can't offer gratuity, did you remove my gratitude function?
                                  Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  It's mysteriously reappeared
                                  You only have a limited amount of thanks per day to give out. If you exceed that, you can't thank anyone for a while.
                                  Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                  Funny one was one of my friends doing a half stone dump when he was like 16. He was a big guy, 17 stone and already doing weights because he started underage for Munster.

Well, he had a steak dinner at home. Then came to mine and had a mountain of chicken, and the farts outta him were just horrendous . He knew it was gonna be a big one so took a photo of the scales before and after and lo and behold he was a half stone lighter
                                  How many courics is that?
                                  Last edited by 6starpool; 11-02-11, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Jesus.
                                    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      How many courics is that?
                                      Nobody got within 10 yards of the bathroom for a week. Less gas came outta Chernobyl

Comment

Dom how long am I going to have to keep this name for?

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Tevez View Post
                                          Until you get a facelift

forever*

Comment

Until he get gets a facelift

forever*
                                            Dom or Tevez?

Comment

Nobody got within 10 yards of the bathroom for a week. Less gas came outta Chernobyl
                                              I saw an interesting documentary about how the Russians seeded the cloud before it got to Moscow. That must ave some application in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                Dom or Tevez?
                                                I FMP*

Comment

Depends if Tevez does any good tomorrow or not. Probably Monday or maybe Sunday though. It'll teach you for having the temerity to try and wind up us poor Liverpool fans.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWi8sMA8_8[/ame]

One of the funniest Wrestling scenes ever imo

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      Depends if Tevez does any good tomorrow or not. Probably Monday or maybe Sunday though. It'll teach you for having the temerity to try and wind up us poor Liverpool fans.
                                                      Sort of fair enough I suppose.

Will it be changed back to Torres then?

Comment

I saw an interesting documentary about how the Russians seeded the cloud before it got to Moscow. That must ave some application in this case.
                                                        We learned our lesson though. He's not allowed near our jacks. Plenty of fields around my gaf that he can soil

Comment

We learned our lesson though. He's not allowed near our jacks. Plenty of fields around my gaf that he can soil
                                                          note to self; when buying organic produce, ensure it's not from the Deise
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm not disputing that you can lose weight on it. EB's diet she posted last night was fine.

I'm disputing that a diet which says you can eat "Unlimited" Anything should be trusted.

Losing weight is very easy. Calories in < Calories Out = weight loss.

If the diet says you can eat Unlimited anything, than clearly it is full of shit.

I could eat nothing but Brocolli and Spinach for a year and not lose weight, simply because I'm eating 2.5k Cals of it a day.
                                                            Literally having a good lol at the suggestion of these all you can eat/unlimited diets which you can loose weight on. It is bull plain and simple, it is straightforward maths as highlighted above in Emmets post.
                                                            Obviously the more calories you burn through exercise this allows you to increase your daily intake but you should still have a deficit.

Unless all you girls have worms, they have tablets for that you know

Comment

Yes but you dont know what you've lost two lbs of.... Fat, muscle, water!!!

Actuully nevermind. Carry on
                                                              aaahhh Tom, you know well what she has lost
                                                              & you know well what it will eventually be replaced with thru no fault of her own (2nd bit not first bit)

If the diets actually worked the diet business would go bust

just like light bulbs et all, they are built to fail

less in, more out, light weight lifting (for the ladies )
                                                              Hard game!

*what JackBack said, never click quote and then leave the room
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 11-02-11, 12:16. Reason: *

Comment

all this diet talk is bullshit

its simples

smoke 5 portions of green a day this allows you to eat unlimited chocolate and crisps YES UNLIMITED , washed down by full fat (enter soft drink of choice) or beer if your man enough.

*this diet may result in some exsessive weight gains but you don't care.

* results may vary depending on the phat level of the green being smoked

Comment

People complain about being capped on Unlimited broadband allowances dont they?

The word unlimited means without limit. I find it terrifying that a "diet marketer" would use the word anywhere in any of it's literature, when most people will lose weight sinply by portion control and imposing limits.
                                                                  I do get it, and I agrees Calories in/Calories out is the pure maths of it.

To use your BroadBand analogy, unlimited within reason is pretty much how that rule is applied and understood.
                                                                  Tbh, I dont care enough about this subject to make a case for it. I 'get' what the diet is trying to do and fair play to the folks that lose weight (mrs dp is a fan as well), I simply refuse to believe that ANYONE uses the slimming world 'unlimited' definition in it's literary sense, it is a physical impossibility.
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

threaten to withdraw the 5k from the HU league

i reckon it'll be changed back quick enough

Comment

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post

Dom ain't in it he won't give a fuck

Comment

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post

Doms not playing it so he wont mind.

I thought Torres flopping last week would have been punishment enough. Obviously not for petty Loliverpool fans!

Comment

I had the whole tin of beans; I fried 2 medium potatoes; I had a whole heaped plate of rice... to me that's unlimited.
                                                                          this is kinda what I was getting at.

Anyway.........
                                                                          those with an andriod phone should get this

Comment

Electra Blue's dinner

SPOILER

Comment

I do get it, and I agrees Calories in/Calories out is the pure maths of it.

To use your BroadBand analogy, unlimited within reason is pretty much how that rule is applied and understood.
                                                                              Tbh, I dont care enough about this subject to make a case for it. I 'get' what the diet is trying to do and fair play to the folks that lose weight (mrs dp is a fan as well), I simply refuse to believe that ANYONE uses the slimming world 'unlimited' definition in it's literary sense, it is a physical impossibility.

Check ou how easy it is to go over 2500cals with a normal Irish diet. Tea and toast breakfast with bowl of cereal(nobody has less than double the serving size recommended on the box), chicken fillet baguette lunch, chicken curry dinner with heap of rice. Toast/sandwich/mars bar whatever snacks.

You don't even need to eat a shedload of food to go over the "cap". Using unlimited there is akin to having a 0.5gb daily cap. Most people won't go over it, but there's plenty who can go miles over the top.

Comment

Jayus the size of the little willy
                                                                                Hey, I'm a grow-er, not a show-er!

And was going to make an Adrian Adonis related joke, but then thought noone would get it.
                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post

* results may vary depending on the phat level of the green being smoked
                                                                                  420 stickiest of the icky being top of the scale.

Comment

Been using this since you mentioned it in mellors thread a while back. Nice little site. The weight graph on it I find very useful and keeps you focused, all going in the right direction at the moment anyway

Comment

You seem to have misunderstood me. I wasn’t try to be a 'know-it-all'

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=108366 was a response to http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=108354

For your benefit, the post in question was the most retarded thing I have read in a long long while. For anyone to think they are not using eating less calories than maintenance and losing weight is retarded. For anyone to think they can eat and unlimited amount of carbs in persuit of a weight loss goal is retarded. For anyone to label this as 'food optimisation' is retarded.

Its clear from reading what she is eating here (http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=108387), its clear to see that she is eating a reduced calorie diet and not an unlimited amount of anything. The good thing about the diet (what she ate) is that it looks varied and interesting and when her body cops on to the reduced calories and the weight loss slows down she will be able to improve it further by reducing the carb intake ie half the amount of rice she is eating etc etc.

Congrats to you on changing your lifestyle enough to succeed.

I would suggest that anyone who says this doesn’t actually know what a ketogenic diet actually is. Those shake diets and that Aitkins thing are not ketogenic diets. Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks you eat less on a low carb diet is doing it wrong.

There is no quick fix to heroin addiction, alcohol addiction, nictine etc. What makes you or anyone think that there should be a quick fix to abusing your body for years? Cpmpanies like slimfast, slimming world, aitkins, weight watchers, unislim, educo gym, Tony quinn are very successful because men and women are too lazy to actually go about educating themselves about nutrition, calories, fats, proteins and carbs. They prey on the weak who are looking for a quick and easy solution to fix what they have broken through years of abuse.

Anyone that knows me knows I offer advise and help on anything I can help with. They also know that I ask questions (often stupid) on topics I don’t know about. It was late and I couldn’t expand on why the post was stupid.
                                                                                      The Atkins diet is stated as a ketogenic diet as you have to put your body into Ketosis at the start to get your body to burn body fat for energy instead of Carbs.

Ketogenic diet

Main article: Ketogenic diet
                                                                                      The induction phase of the Atkins diet is a ketogenic diet. In ketogenic diets there is production of ketones that contribute to the energy production in the Krebs cycle.[10] Ketogenic diets rely on the insulin response to blood glucose. Because ketogenic dieters eat few carbohydrates, there is no glucose that can trigger the insulin response. When there is no glucose-insulin response there are some hormonal changes that cause the stored fat to be used for energy. Blood glucose levels have to decrease to less than 3.58 mmol/L for growth hormone, epinephrine, and glucagon to be released to maintain energy metabolism.[10] In the adipose cells, growth hormone and epinephrine initiate the triacylglycerol to be broken down to fatty acids. These fatty acids go to the liver and muscle where they should be oxidized and give acetyl-CoA that enters the Krebs cycle directly.[10] However, the excess acetyl-CoA in the liver is converted to ketones (ketone bodies), that are transported to other tissues. In these tissues they are converted back into acetyl-CoA in order to enter the Krebs cycle. Glucagon is produced when blood glucose is too low, and it causes the liver to start breaking glycogen into glucose. Since the dieter does not eat any more carbohydrates, there is no glycogen in the liver to be broken down, so the liver converts fats into free fatty acids and ketone bodies, and this process is called ketosis. Because of this, the body is forced to use fats as a primary fuel source.[10]

Comment

And TomD, I was more meaning the way you worded your post to say that EB's was the most retarded. Unless I was reading that wrong...

Comment

www.fitday.com

Check ou how easy it is to go over 2500cals with a normal Irish diet. Tea and toast breakfast with bowl of cereal(nobody has less than double the serving size recommended on the box), chicken fillet baguette lunch, chicken curry dinner with heap of rice. Toast/sandwich/mars bar whatever snacks.

You don't even need to eat a shedload of food to go over the "cap". Using unlimited there is akin to having a 0.5gb daily cap. Most people won't go over it, but there's plenty who can go miles over the top.
                                                                                          normal Irish diet. Tea and toast breakfast with bowl of cereal(nobody has less than double the serving size recommended on the box)
                                                                                          That's a normal breakfast? Really?
                                                                                          anyway...I did my usual daily eating and came in @1,520 cals
                                                                                          Look, I agree crash diets are bad but I also think you are getting hung up on the unlimited thing when it clearly doesnt mean sign up, eat a sack of potatoes,???,lose weight

Comment

hey, you could just do what I did and have a depressive period coupled with work stress and lose a stone. Worked out great!

Comment

sign up, eat a sack of potatoes
                                                                                              new signature IMO

Comment

obviously normal eating does not include weekend drinking and take away

Comment

Look, I agree crash diets are bad but I also think you are getting hung up on the unlimited thing when it clearly doesnt mean sign up, eat a sack of potatoes,???,lose weight
                                                                                                  If they don't mean unlimited, why do they say unlimited. They could easily just say 'a reasonable amount' or something and then there would be no chance of simpletons taking "unlimited" literally.

Comment

Jesus all this diet stuff is tilting. I'd say ye would actually laugh at my diet. Basically cornflakes, potatoes, white toast(and loads of it Mmmmm), fuckin sackful of meat and all washed down with beer and tesco vodka.

So suck on that BBV. I think I might just go and make myself a fry

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      Think i played them last week.

Comment

Using hyperbole to counteract a hyperbolic statement was not what I did. I'm not getting hung up on anything. I'm simply stating that having no limits on any one item in your diet means that you will only lose weight if you sel impose a limit on it.

If you started a "diet marketer" a la weightwatchers, and explained that using a weighing scales with everything you eat, using fitday to check the cal content, and limiting yourself below your maintenance caps, that you would lose weight; then you would be providing good solid advice, however, you need a reason to keep people coming back, or how else do you make any money off of it?

Most people would try any of these magic diets with mad boundaries as opposed to just doing the hard work themselves and imposing self restrictions.

Discipline is the hardest part of every diet.

Comment

All this talk of diets has resulted in me deciding to have Chicken wings and homemade chips for my lunch. Yummy yummy i got grub in my tummy.

Comment

Michelle Satnav, more like Michelle Fatnav, amiright
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Ugh somebody just ruined Jersey Shore for me this morning jumps in with "omg blah blah blah blah, did you see it?" normally you would ask somebody had they seen it before you go on and tell them the story

New episode http://tvdex.org/shows/jersey-shore/.../cabs-are-here
                                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I eat whatever I want and never put on a pound.

Had a particularly solid days eating yest.

8am: Cheese on 2 slices mccambridge, coffee, OJ

11am: Toasted Sausage sandwich, coffee

1pm: Cajun chicken breast, carrots, 3 potatoes, bottle of Coke

5pm: Tuna and Sweetcorn with mayo on white bread, coffee

7pm: Chicken curry with white rice, can of 7 up, tea

10pm: Double Cheeseburger meal

1am: 2 slices of mccambridge with tea

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                                  All this talk of diets has resulted in me deciding to have Chicken wings and homemade chips for my lunch. Yummy yummy i got grub in my tummy.
                                                                                                                  Marinade the chicken wings in jerk seasoning. yummy!!!

Comment

what i did like about it was when you had to get weighed in every week
                                                                                                                    Reminds me of this oldie

John took his blind date to a carnival.

"What would you like to do first, Kim?" asked the man. "I want to get weighed," said the girl. They ambled over to the weight guesser. He guessed 120 pounds. She got on the scale and it read 117 and she won a prize.

Next the couple went on the Ferris wheel. When the ride was over, John again asked Kim what she would like to do. "I want to get weighed." she said. Back to the weight guesser they went. Since they had been there before, he guessed her correct weight, and John lost his dollar.

The couple walked around the carnival and again he asked where to next.

"I want to get weighed," she responded. By this time, John figured she was really weird and took her home early, dropping her off with a handshake. Her roommate Laura, asked her about her blind date, "How'd it go?"

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Kim responded, "Oh Waura, it was wousy."

This is a beautifully moving story,I cried a little.

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                    420 stickiest of the icky being top of the scale.
                                                                                                                    What now?
                                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

BBV Q

Did an excel spreadsheet thing the other day, was handy enough. Basically putting a load of clients adresses and stuff in one area, bout 60 names. However when i went to go into it today a load of info is missing. Like it has number 1-10, then 12-35 and everything else is gon

help the computer retard

Comment

BBV Q

Did an excel spreadsheet thing the other day, was handy enough. Basically putting a load of clients adresses and stuff in one area, bout 60 names. However when i went to go into it today a load of info is missing. Like it has number 1-10, then 12-35 and everything else is gon

help the computer retard
                                                                                                                        [ x ] rentboy.
                                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Stolen from Dub13 in the other place.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BlOrIGidWw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X