This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    The danger in diet language is the word "unlimited". For those with the worst food issues unlimited means "as much, if not more" than you were eating before. For the 100% of people who want to diet, there's a 10% section (numbers pulled out of the air, but you get the idea) who NEED to diet, and telling these people "eat as much as you like" is tantamount to failing them before they even started.

So for Jules and michelle, (jules I've seen, Michelle I've not) they want to lose weight, but they don't necessarily need to. The diet is working for Jules (well done!) and it is a system that would already conform to most of her eating habits (I would guess).

It's a system that can be kept up without having to go to meetings and with the addition of exercise, would be effective in a long term eating plan.

So while I'm not having a pop, I think the bigt issue is the word "unlimited" and is misleading, at best, dangerous at worst in this context.
    A diet place like SW is not for the morbidly obese that will take it literal and eat themselves to death, it is for the person who is trying to lose weight and will eat until they are full and not until they are sick.

They do tell you that you can eat unlimited amounts of foods.

Here is a link to the site that even has that in it http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes...ree-chips.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      how did last night go after?
      4th for 440 which was about as good as I could expect, given mega card-deadedness at the FT

Hopefully Downtown took it down as he was playing extremely well. He did get his AA rivered by Jane's JJ AIPF which knocked him back a fair way.

That Chinese dude had about 60% of the chips three-handed though after calling everything and binking a huge pot with his Q7 sooted vs AA
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
        That was a pretty shite response from you considering you most prob don't know jack shit about the Slimming World diet.

I have done many diets over the years, I am not fat by any means but since I was a size 4-6 until I was about 23 I struggle being a size 10-12 now. I am only 5'2.5" and I look my best just under the 8 stone mark.

About 10 years ago SW was a big thing in Scotland and I went along as I was coming up to my 27th birthday and was heading to Turkey. The concept is you don't mix carbs and proteins in a large scale and you have maybe 100g of meat on a "Green" day and visa versa. You have to have your "A" list food and "B" list foods every day. I remember the SW consultant telling us if we wanted to eat a WHOLE chicken on our red day (meat day) we can! I did not think this was possible.

You get sins to work with which includes treats and alcohol. You can save all your sins up for the weekend and have a normal weekend where you don't need to feel guilty at all.

I won slimmer of the week 3 times and slimmer of the month. By the time I went to Turkey I was a size 6/8 and happy with myself. I did play badminton twice a week though.

I have also done the low carb diets and found they are quick fixes but unless you adopt a low carb lifestyle for the future you WILL put it back on.
        You eat less on the low carb diets, Tony will testify to that. The main draw back is effect it has on your liver. I have had liver function tests many times while I have been doing these diets and they came back not great. They do sort themselves out eventually though.

I also have a friend who went to lighterlife. She was a BIG girl and is now a svelte size 10/12 which is fantastic since she lost 12 stone. Again her diet has a low carb approach with shakes twice a day and one meal and her liver tests came back bad.

At the end of the day, the diet that in my opinion was the healthiest to my body was the slimming world diet. The others have caused problems.

So Mr TOM "I know it all" D. maybe you CAN eat unlimited potato, rice and pasta. I did it and know it works well.
        I was a bit disappointed when I realised this post had nothing to do with Transformers.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Tevez View Post
          I was a bit disappointed when I realised this post had nothing to do with Transformers.
          I love Transformers

Comment

Indo certainly starting the shadow support for FF. There's a puff piece on Mary Fitz also. She thinks she's fighting for the 4th seat, who does she think will get the other three?
            well, she's right - she is fighting for the 4th seat

she's got both hands tied behind her back and her opponent's gloves are lined with lead

Comment

It's mysteriously reappeared
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                It's mysteriously reappeared
                no need to thank me

Comment

I have a Facebook account but dont really use it, i got a mail for a friend request and when i log in it isn't there anymore, this has happened a few times, i dont know the people that requested my friendship btw, is this Facebook just getting me to log in ?
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

David Quinn thinks that abortion would
                    deliberately harm the poor and the sick and the uneducated.
                    needs to read Freakonomics imo

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      jesus

it really is the 1980s all over again
                      sneaking labour knowing that pro choice and anti the church sentiment is high right now. Now there actually is something I like in their policies.

Comment

A diet place like SW is not for the morbidly obese
                        There's plenty more people who would fit into the "need to lose weight" than those classified as "morbidly obese".

The issue is that it's marketed as "unlimited" but in reality adherents who are successfull won't eat "unlimited" they just won't go crazy, which just boils down overall to them taking in less calories than they expend, and at the start of a diet will cause significant weight loss.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

4th for 440 which was about as good as I could expect, given mega card-deadedness at the FT

Hopefully Downtown took it down as he was playing extremely well. He did get his AA rivered by Jane's JJ AIPF which knocked him back a fair way.

That Chinese dude had about 60% of the chips three-handed though after calling everything and binking a huge pot with his Q7 sooted vs AA
                          wp nice score all the same - you did grind the short stack well for an age

Is that the guy who knocked me out? didnt like his call - you may have guessed

Comment

A diet place like SW is not for the morbidly obese that will take it literal and eat themselves to death, it is for the person who is trying to lose weight and will eat until they are full and not until they are sick.

They do tell you that you can eat unlimited amounts of foods.

Here is a link to the site that even has that in it http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes...ree-chips.aspx
                            Then they are FOS basically.

Comment

no need to thank me
                              Deep runs in donkaments get my thanks
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

wp nice score all the same - you did grind the short stack well for an age

Is that the guy who knocked me out? didnt like his call - you may have guessed
                                I actually had a 2.5 * average stack with about 14 left but the dirty feckers kept shipping over my airy LP raises for some reason

Yes, same dude. The one who suddenly started open-shipping 25 bigs when we moved table. Seemed like a nice guy, he was certainly delighted with himself! The JT call he made to knock you out was by no means his worst.

Comment

well, she's right - she is fighting for the 4th seat

she's got both hands tied behind her back and her opponent's gloves are lined with lead
                                  It'll be all about the transfers, and not from FF voters. Brady isn't going to get a second preference from anyone, least of all Fitzpatrick's voters.

Fitzpatrick is better placed amongst the Family Voters and the ex-FF voters who just can't get over the guilt of not voting FF.

Very interesting constituency.

Comment

by the way, all of this weight-loss shite is a new, new low for the BBV

you're supposed to be degenerate poker players ffs. Lose weight via having no loots left for food obv.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                      I have a Facebook account but dont really use it, i got a mail for a friend request and when i log in it isn't there anymore, this has happened a few times, i dont know the people that requested my friendship btw, is this Facebook just getting me to log in ?
                                      that was me but you didnt reply to my request straight away so i removed it!

why not just log in???
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

it's FB deleting spammers.

Comment

by the way, all of this weight-loss shite is a new, new low for the BBV

you're supposed to be degenerate poker players ffs. Lose weight via having no loots left for food obv.
                                          Yes we play alot of poker that is why we are all fatties !!
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                            speak for yourself

Comment

I actually had a 2.5 * average stack with about 14 left but the dirty feckers kept shipping over my airy LP raises for some reason

Yes, same dude. The one who suddenly started open-shipping 25 bigs when we moved table. Seemed like a nice guy, he was certainly delighted with himself! The JT call he made to knock you out was by no means his worst.
                                              ah yeah that's iffy (yiffie??) hes a dealer for JP I think and plays around dublin. nice guy really

Comment

that was me but you didnt reply to my request straight away so i removed it!

why not just log in???
                                                it's FB deleting spammers.
                                                ^^^These two posts are so full of win
                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

speak for yourself

Are you saying that your a fine fit toned hunk of a man!

PM sent
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I'm an adonis, TBH.

Comment

yes

yes I am

Comment

PM sent
                                                        Daylight flirting...wayhayyyyyyyy
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

michelle is on the horn again

Comment

I'm an adonis, TBH.
                                                            A WHAT !!!!
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              Then they are FOS basically.
                                                              It is a very popular diet and has been around a long time. They are not FOS as it works. I enjoyed the diet as well.

Comment

A WHAT !!!!
                                                                He is trying to say he is one of these
                                                                SPOILER

Comment

michelle is on the horn again

such away of putting it! That is the way its reffered to a man not to a woman!
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with the P90x fitness program, i've been going it for a while now and im really enjoying it and the results im getting from it.!!!

Also one thing that really annoys me on diet programs is Weight Watchers!! People who buy into that program are basically just paying someone to tell them how to eat normally and not go over their calories for the day. Just because they convert calories to points and put them on everything it makes it very slightly easier to do.

The main thing that annoys me about it though is all the Weight Watchers brand food. I have known a good few people who done weight watchers and after they start their house is fuckin full or weight watchers products. Crisps, bars, microwave meals, deserts. Just because they can eat 26 points in a day and a weight watchers bar is only 2 points then end up having 3 or 4 of them and starving themselves on proper food. They will lose weight but its very unhealthy. Normally weight watchers brand stuff will have the same calories as another similar brand but be twice as expensive, they can do it though because the brand is pushed so much onto them. /Rant

Comment

A WHAT !!!!
                                                                      he's Greek

you know - Zorba, plate smashing, bad food, silly dancing

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                        Jayus the size of the little willy
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

FFS someone put naked chicks up.Too much Estrogen ITT.
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

It is a very popular diet and has been around a long time. They are not FOS as it works. I enjoyed the diet as well.
                                                                            I'm not disputing that you can lose weight on it. EB's diet she posted last night was fine.

I'm disputing that a diet which says you can eat "Unlimited" Anything should be trusted.

Losing weight is very easy. Calories in < Calories Out = weight loss.

If the diet says you can eat Unlimited anything, than clearly it is full of shit.

I could eat nothing but Brocolli and Spinach for a year and not lose weight, simply because I'm eating 2.5k Cals of it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              Can somebody explain to me how to set up XBMC to scrape my media files?
                                                                              This is assuming you have separate folders for Movies and TV.

go to video.. files.. add source.. choose your movies folder for example and add it. when you add it it will ask you to choose a scraper. choose the appropriate one from the list.

the folders will appear under the videos section of the home page on next reboot

you can set the scrapers to run manually or all the time.

Comment

Crazy show. Who killed laura palmer...lol

was chatting to someone last week when a song came on the radio, soul/motown type, got me thinking of China Beach, must look for that, from what i recall it was pretty good !
                                                                                Used to love that theme song
                                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsufcpanMx4[/ame]
                                                                                as for the show. My last ing memory is the theme song and I think there was soldiers surfing so I've a feeling it hasnt aged well
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                  FFS someone put naked chicks up.Too much Estrogen ITT.
                                                                                  SPOILER

Comment

Much much better.
                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                      I'm not disputing that you can lose weight on it. EB's diet she posted last night was fine.

I'm disputing that a diet which says you can eat "Unlimited" Anything should be trusted.

Losing weight is very easy. Calories in < Calories Out = weight loss.

If the diet says you can eat Unlimited anything, than clearly it is full of shit.

I could eat nothing but Brocolli and Spinach for a year and not lose weight, simply because I'm eating 2.5k Cals of it a day.
                                                                                      it is not saying eat unlimited anything, but on certain days you can eat as much of as you can manage of a certain food group.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                                        Has anyone had any experience with the P90x fitness program, i've been going it for a while now and im really enjoying it and the results im getting from it.!!!

Also one thing that really annoys me on diet programs is Weight Watchers!! People who buy into that program are basically just paying someone to tell them how to eat normally and not go over their calories for the day. Just because they convert calories to points and put them on everything it makes it very slightly easier to do.

The main thing that annoys me about it though is all the Weight Watchers brand food. I have known a good few people who done weight watchers and after they start their house is fuckin full or weight watchers products. Crisps, bars, microwave meals, deserts. Just because they can eat 26 points in a day and a weight watchers bar is only 2 points then end up having 3 or 4 of them and starving themselves on proper food. They will lose weight but its very unhealthy. Normally weight watchers brand stuff will have the same calories as another similar brand but be twice as expensive, they can do it though because the brand is pushed so much onto them. /Rant
                                                                                        I do agree with you here on alot of points, after my 2nd child I joined weight watchers and went to tesco and spent a small fortune on their products from yogurts to beans to wine, yes they do a weight watchers wine.

but i disagree on what you said about losing weight unhealthily as the food i ate on their programme was very healthy and i ate little and often bit like the diet jules is on about.

weight watchers has been around for zillions of years and is probably the most sucsseful slimming club in the world,

i lost 3 stone back then and i kept it off, i think they are brill.

what i did like about it was when you had to get weighed in every week and it was the excitment of wondering how much you lost and it was then recorded in your little book!
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I meant ~anything. If a diet says you can eat unlimited X product/food etc.

They're wrong

Comment

dont have anything to add on the whole diet side of things as I eat reasonable well, dont have a seet tooth run a a few times a week and have a fast metabolism. Just thought I would throw in a brag that I find it tough to keep the pounds on so I will go have a massive steak and chese sandwich and some chips for lunch. Yummy

Comment

I do agree with you here on alot of points, after my 2nd child I joined weight watchers and went to tesco and spent a small fortune on their products from yogurts to beans to wine, yes they do a weight watchers wine.

but i disagree on what you said about losing weight unhealthily as the food i ate on their programme was very healthy and i ate little and often bit like the diet jules is on about.

weight watchers has been around for zillions of years and is probably the most sucsseful slimming club in the world,

i lost 3 stone back then and i kept it off, i think they are brill.

what i did like about it was when you had to get weighed in every week and it was the excitment of wondering how much you lost and it was then recorded in your little book!
                                                                                              Who ever set it up is a genius, the marketing and the way they sell their products to the people doing it is unreal. Id say they make a lot more from the food now than from the meetings. The weigh in every week is genius to, because it keeps people coming back every week even if they are doing shite.

What im saying though is that people who go there because they are over weight, will normally have been eating too much rubbish. Now while weight watchers doesn't advise this, is someone can either
                                                                                              1. Still eat all the rubbish and not eat as much normal healthy food or
                                                                                              2. Have a balanced diet with very little rubbish

They often make the wrong choice and pick the first one. Ive seen it first hand a number of times with different people. Someone has had a few bags of crisps and a few bars during the day and has used up half their points for the day and its dinner time. If they have a proper dinner they will go over their points so they just skip dinner and have a few more bars or some other rubbish so they can stay under the points for the day. WW dont educate people enough on what they should be eating, it just about staying under the points/calories for the day.

Comment

Ugh I thought this whole diet talk would be over by February. If your that way inclined the carbs will find you again one way or the other and you'll prob end up twice the size you were before you decided to go on the diet.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                                                  Actually here's a tough enough q, given the vagueness of it. When i was living in Mexico we used to spend most of our time in the local strip club. They were always playing some French song - a lot of heavy breathing in it - always associate it with strip clubs and Mexico as a result. But can't remember it. Anyone any idea what song it might be? It's quite a famous one.

EDIT: might have mentioned it before but our favourite strip place in Acapulco used to have the novelty that you were served by dwarves on roller skates wearing military uniforms. Never seen anything like it since. Such an excellent idea, never got boring even after months in there.
                                                                                                  this?
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F9DxYhqmKw[/ame]
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                    Ugh I thought this whole diet talk would be over by February. If your that way inclined the carbs will find you again one way or the other and you'll prob end up twice the size you were before you decided to go on the diet.
                                                                                                    I hope I can take this to be the brutal end to the diet debate

Comment

What's the limit for bringing liquids onto a plane? Heading to the Derby tomorrow and want some whiskey.
                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

That was a pretty shite response from you considering you most prob don't know jack shit about the Slimming World diet.

So Mr TOM "I know it all" D. maybe you CAN eat unlimited potato, rice and pasta. I did it and know it works well.
                                                                                                        You seem to have misunderstood me. I wasn’t try to be a 'know-it-all'

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=108366 was a response to http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=108354

For your benefit, the post in question was the most retarded thing I have read in a long long while. For anyone to think they are not using eating less calories than maintenance and losing weight is retarded. For anyone to think they can eat and unlimited amount of carbs in persuit of a weight loss goal is retarded. For anyone to label this as 'food optimisation' is retarded.

Its clear from reading what she is eating here (http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=108387), its clear to see that she is eating a reduced calorie diet and not an unlimited amount of anything. The good thing about the diet (what she ate) is that it looks varied and interesting and when her body cops on to the reduced calories and the weight loss slows down she will be able to improve it further by reducing the carb intake ie half the amount of rice she is eating etc etc.

I have done many diets over the years, I am not fat by any means but since I was a size 4-6 until I was about 23 I struggle being a size 10-12 now. I am only 5'2.5" and I look my best just under the 8 stone mark.

About 10 years ago SW was a big thing in Scotland and I went along as I was coming up to my 27th birthday and was heading to Turkey. The concept is you don't mix carbs and proteins in a large scale and you have maybe 100g of meat on a "Green" day and visa versa. You have to have your "A" list food and "B" list foods every day. I remember the SW consultant telling us if we wanted to eat a WHOLE chicken on our red day (meat day) we can! I did not think this was possible.

You get sins to work with which includes treats and alcohol. You can save all your sins up for the weekend and have a normal weekend where you don't need to feel guilty at all.

I won slimmer of the week 3 times and slimmer of the month. By the time I went to Turkey I was a size 6/8 and happy with myself. I did play badminton twice a week though.

At the end of the day, the diet that in my opinion was the healthiest to my body was the slimming world diet. The others have caused problems.
                                                                                                        Congrats to you on changing your lifestyle enough to succeed.

I have also done the low carb diets and found they are quick fixes but unless you adopt a low carb lifestyle for the future you WILL put it back on.
                                                                                                        You eat less on the low carb diets, Tony will testify to that. The main draw back is effect it has on your liver. I have had liver function tests many times while I have been doing these diets and they came back not great. They do sort themselves out eventually though.

I also have a friend who went to lighterlife. She was a BIG girl and is now a svelte size 10/12 which is fantastic since she lost 12 stone. Again her diet has a low carb approach with shakes twice a day and one meal and her liver tests came back bad.
                                                                                                        I would suggest that anyone who says this doesn’t actually know what a ketogenic diet actually is. Those shake diets and that Aitkins thing are not ketogenic diets. Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks you eat less on a low carb diet is doing it wrong.

There is no quick fix to heroin addiction, alcohol addiction, nictine etc. What makes you or anyone think that there should be a quick fix to abusing your body for years? Cpmpanies like slimfast, slimming world, aitkins, weight watchers, unislim, educo gym, Tony quinn are very successful because men and women are too lazy to actually go about educating themselves about nutrition, calories, fats, proteins and carbs. They prey on the weak who are looking for a quick and easy solution to fix what they have broken through years of abuse.

Anyone that knows me knows I offer advise and help on anything I can help with. They also know that I ask questions (often stupid) on topics I don’t know about. It was late and I couldn’t expand on why the post was stupid.

Comment

forget to mention have lost 2 lbs since wedensday
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                            What's the limit for bringing liquids onto a plane? Heading to the Derby tomorrow and want some whiskey.
                                                                                                            Practically non existant. You can buy minutures in the airport if you dont fancy trying to tackle a full bottle on the plane

Comment

Anyways anyone on Twitter should follow The Big_Sam. I usually hate mock accounts but this guy is very good.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

I think we should give up on the diet debate, the people who are right know they are right already, so just let it go imo.

Comment

SPOILER

This guy imo

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    Anyways anyone on Twitter should follow The Big_Sam. I usually hate mock accounts but this guy is very good.
                                                                                                                    TheRealDenman is good for a lol

Comment

The danger in diet language is the word "unlimited". For those with the worst food issues unlimited means "as much, if not more" than you were eating before. For the 100% of people who want to diet, there's a 10% section (numbers pulled out of the air, but you get the idea) who NEED to diet, and telling these people "eat as much as you like" is tantamount to failing them before they even started.

So for Jules and michelle, (jules I've seen, Michelle I've not) they want to lose weight, but they don't necessarily need to. The diet is working for Jules (well done!) and it is a system that would already conform to most of her eating habits (I would guess).

It's a system that can be kept up without having to go to meetings and with the addition of exercise, would be effective in a long term eating plan.

So while I'm not having a pop, I think the bigt issue is the word "unlimited" and is misleading, at best, dangerous at worst in this context.

That is sweet of you... It's not about getting thin for me, but more about getting to a healthy weight. To get my BMI down to 25 at least.

But the SW mantra - no need to measure, have as much as you want IS true. Look at my diet again... nothing was measured out apart from bread/chocolate/alcohol. I had the whole tin of beans; I fried 2 medium potatoes; I had a whole heaped plate of rice... to me that's unlimited.

Gilly - SW have added a new 'Extra Easy' plan (orange day) which I'm on the whole time. I can eat as much lean meat/fish/chicken; as much potatoes/rice/pasta/beans/pulses; as much fruit/veg BUT one third of my plate must be from the (S)/(SS) list of food. Healthy A options (milk/cheese) and B options (cereal/bread). You would love it!

Can't believe this is still going strong... better than Tetris/Transformers IMO!

Comment

forget to mention have lost 2 lbs since wedensday
                                                                                                                        2lbs of what? I'm serious

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                                          2lbs of what? I'm serious
                                                                                                                          ah come on!!!! im on a diet obviosly !!!
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X