This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
    It does work Emmet... Michelle can testify as to how much I've lost!
    yep jules is looking HOT!!!!
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      People are crap at losing weight. Its insane. It's really not tough!

Calorie Deficit - simple
      Exercise correctly - not hard!
      Keep carbs low - not really that hard, but people make it much harder than it needs to be.

Discipline is hardest part.
      you dont even have to exercise much IMO - it's 90% diet in my experience, like literally.

Eggs for breakfast, tuna/chicken salad for lunch, meat + whatever vegetables take your fancy for dinner. EZ game.

Comment

FNL will have to wait its an extended version. Lakers & Celtics

2am start time for the BB ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
          potatoes nah im gonna give the cardiac unit one a go as himself is home in 4 weeks an i want to be kinda anorexic ya know lol

i dont want to lose it slowly, i want to do it fast and then i will eat healthly after!!
          I have a friend who does hypnoband therapy. Weight loss therapy which involves a hypnosis experience of having a gastric band fitted. Although the real benefits are the CBT stuff for weight loss that is done with it. Lives in same county as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
            check the local place, just added.
            Link/PM please! Its a bone of contention whenever people talk at the table about series I can't watch...

Comment

Link/PM please! Its a bone of contention whenever people talk at the table about series I can't watch...
              just click on "new posts" at the top of the page

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                FNL will have to wait its an extended version. Lakers & Celtics

2am start time for the BB ?

Opr
                Starting now.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  I have a friend who does hypnoband therapy. Weight loss therapy which involves a hypnosis experience of having a gastric band fitted. Although the real benefits are the CBT stuff for weight loss that is done with it. Lives in same county as you.
                  oh i heard about that somewhere lately, cant think where, heard its meant to be brill!!
                  that will bug me now face book maybe ?

jayus half of IPB will think im huge lol which i might add im not !!!
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

oh i heard about that somewhere lately, cant think where, heard its meant to be brill!!
                    that will bug me now face book maybe ?

jayus half of IPB will think im huge lol which i might add im not !!!
                    You're srsly making this weight loss insanely torturous and overcomplicated. If you're not interested in taking the advice of people who know a fair bit about it you should expect it to start to annoy them after a while.

Just sayin...

Comment

You need access to the place with links in here Jules?

Comment

zuroph posted links there for her - i didnt realise someone had to grant access.

Comment

course you can complain!!! fuckin shit hole of a country grrr dont start me, my poor hubby in fuckin poland!
                          Oh I can start... I just got turned down for a car loan today - why? Cos last year I missed ONE credit card payment and they reported me to CB(!) Just ONE missed payment?! Grrrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            Can I get access as well please actually?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              You're srsly making this weight loss insanely torturous and overcomplicated. If you're not interested in taking the advice of people who know a fair bit about it you should expect it to start to annoy them after a while.

Just sayin...
                              i didnt look for advice, i was just chatting in general about this fad diet im going to start!!!!

obviously when people start talking about certain things they are going to do, advice just appears! but i didnt come and say " hey lads do a diet plan for me there will ye"
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

I'm going to be the devil on your shoulder here Michelle. Go on, crack open a packet of chocolate biscuits or two. You deserve it after a hard day.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

zuroph posted links there for her - i didnt realise someone had to grant access.

Was going to say I don't see it... but yes please, I'd like access Dom.

Comment

i didnt look for advice, i was just chatting in general about this fad diet im going to start!!!!

obviously when people start talking about certain things they are going to do, advice just appears! but i didnt come and say " hey lads do a diet plan for me there will ye"
                                    I know, im just telling you why youre winding people up.

Comment

Just sayin...
                                      You're making the rather enormous mistake of believing that weight loss is primarily about knowledge of techniques to eat well and exercise. It isn't. They are usually a sine qua non of effectively losing weight, but that's the easy bit. The hard bit is the psychological difficulty.
                                      Ask Fun Bobby if he knows how to not light a cigarette and take drags from it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Fuck that, you can't even see the pitch from there!
                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          I'm going to be the devil on your shoulder here Michelle. Go on, crack open a packet of chocolate biscuits or two. You deserve it after a hard day.
                                          have none all thats in the goody press are a 6 pack, sorry 5 pack now of pickled onion snaps mmmm but no not going near them, im heading to bed shortly with my pint of water!
                                          (no wine) but i tell ya one thing ye better watch out tomorrow night as i have a lovely big duty free bottle of blue lable vodka!!!
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

You're making the rather enormous mistake of believing that weight loss is primarily about knowledge of techniques to eat well and exercise. It isn't. They are usually a sine qua non of effectively losing weight, but that's the easy bit. The hard bit is the psychological difficulty.
                                            use real words please

Comment

I know, im just telling you why youre winding people up.
                                              winding people up? wtf!!!!
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

that gastric band hypno thing had really taken off this year, everyone is talking about it lately, everywhere I turn.
                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

LOL!

FFS... You are already skinny Missus! Well damn skinny compared to ME!

Comment

Was going to say I don't see it... but yes please, I'd like access Dom.
                                                    Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                    Can I get access as well please actually?
                                                    Done and done.

Check the forum front page for new things.

Comment

winding people up? wtf!!!!
                                                      youve taken me too seriously...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Done and done.

+1 please and thank you.

Comment

Done and done.

Cheers!

Comment

have none all thats in the goody press are a 6 pack, sorry 5 pack now of pickled onion snaps mmmm but no not going near them, im heading to bed shortly with my pint of water!
                                                              (no wine) but i tell ya one thing ye better watch out tomorrow night as i have a lovely big duty free bottle of blue lable vodka!!!
                                                              Good stuff, knock that voddy back like there's no tomorrow! Seems to me your doing this for the 'hubby' and not yourself?
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Hey, can we get some drunken man posts in the BBV please.

We're veering dangerously close to Coronation Street chat imo.

Here's a good dietary video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB_vHVFM_8[/ame]

Comment

I'd agree with you if people displayed they had the knowledge equivalent to "how not to light a cigarette and take a drag from it".

In this case, people actually don't know the necessary techniques and imagine that some sort of voodoo potion (eg cabbage soup) is required, when in reality it's close to being as simple as stop eating spuds.

Comment

Would've been sick if Allen had've nailed that

Btw, if anyone's interested [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/FreeDarko-Presents-Undisputed-Basketball-History/dp/1608190838/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1297388199&sr=8-1"]this[/ame] is a really nice coffee table book about the history of basketball. Got it at Christmas and I nibbled away at it for ages. It's a really good mix of bios, discussion of rivalries, tactics etc.
                                                                    Last edited by daire; 11-02-11, 01:38.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                                                                      is there any architects posting here?

if so what would be a reasonable charge for a 30k project?

edit

for this work?

1. Dimensional survey of your existing house and site (ground floor and gardens);

2. Development of a detailed brief and preparation of sketch schemes, for discussion;

3. Preparation of detailed scheme drawings, for “client sign-off”;

4. Preparation, submission and monitoring of a planning application;

5. Preparation of a schedule of works, a general specification, working drawings and details
                                                                      for tender; obtaining tenders or negotiating the contracts with suitable contractors;

6. Preparation of drawings and information for the sub-contract packages: eg thermal
                                                                      insulation, windows, heating, electrical, lay-out of kitchen, etc.;

7. Attending site meetings during the progress of the works, as reasonably required, and
                                                                      dealing with any contractor queries;

8. At the end of the defects liability period (usually 3 months for work to existing buildings of this
                                                                      scale), a detailed inspection and preparation of a schedule of any latent defects which
                                                                      may come to notice after completion, for contractor’s action; and supply of RIAI Opinions
                                                                      on Compliance with Planning Permission and with Building Regulations.
                                                                      PM Sent

Not an architect, but neighbour just got a 55k extention/revamp of the downstairs layout and paid €5k of that to her Architect... I know cos I want the same thing and was dismayed at the cost!
                                                                      5k is about right for that. Depend on a hige amount of factors

Lay people are retarded when it comes to professional fees (no offense intended). And generally have no idea of the work involved. They are also very short sighted, and I've often seen people going for the professional who is proposing 2k cheaper fees, great deal right? But the less detailed work, ends up costing 10k more on site.

Your house is your biggest investment, its silly to try and save a few thousand on something 100 tiems that. Good design adds value to the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                        Let's just add a chocolately delicious picture

can't you just feel the crunchy goodness?
                                                                        SPOILER

and what about my poor hubby if i carry on eating like that!
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                          that gastric band hypno thing had really taken off this year, everyone is talking about it lately, everywhere I turn.
                                                                          Yeah it's cool because it's a great marketing gimmick, and at the same time the therapy actually works due to the fact that the "real" therapeutic aspect of the process is tried and tested cognitive behavioural therapy techniques.

I would recommend to anyone wanting to lose weight who isn't going to get professional help to read Judith Beck's (daughter of the founder of cognitive therapy Aaron Beck) book The Beck Diet Solution. It's an excellent CBT self-help book:
                                                                          [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beck-Diet-Solution-Train-person/dp/1845298268[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                            +1 please and thank you.
                                                                            In

Comment

Ah c,mon! Potatoes are not evil... FAT is.

Comment

Ah c,mon! Potatoes are not evil... FAT is.
                                                                                COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG

Comment

...

Comment

nite all
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

and what about my poor hubby if i carry on eating like that!
                                                                                      He'll be coming home from Poland. Every Irish woman will be a massive disapointment in comparison.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

BOOM!

Nice touch going over to the table to shake hands with Miller.

Comment

He'll be coming home from Poland. Every Irish woman will be a massive disapointment in comparison.
                                                                                          .

Comment

Hey, can we get some drunken man posts in the BBV please.

We're veering dangerously close to Coronation Street chat imo.

Here's a good dietary video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB_vHVFM_8
                                                                                            in honour of superbowl...
                                                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCxFn3sAw68[/ame]
                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

In this case, people actually don't know the necessary techniques and imagine that some sort of voodoo potion (eg cabbage soup) is required, when in reality it's close to being as simple as stop eating spuds.
                                                                                              Oh they "know". We all see women (tbh) who spend half their lives on sporadic fad diets. They're not stupid, they just choose to dissociate the part of them which knows they are not going to keep up a weight loss / maintenance programme long term.

They invest in strategies which aren't going to work with the full complicity of the part of themselves which fundamentally don't want to pay the cost of giving up what they like to eat and exercise when they don't wish to.

It's just that this part of themselves is usually not well integrated with the part of themselves which consciously wants to lose weight. Resolving ambivalence is huge in any difficult behavioural change which involves giving something up which gives a lot of pleasure or doing things which involves a cost.

Anyway, Michelle I highly recommend splashing out a tenner on that book.

Comment

Aint gonna work I'm drinking water remember
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-02-11, 01:55.

Comment

Aint gonna work I'm drinking water remember
                                                                                                    You might as well have coke. After all it's mainly water...

Comment

COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG
                                                                                                      So explain how I've lost almost 2 stone since October 2010 then? I don't exercise any more than walking my children to school before work each morning! I didn't give up rice, potatoes or pasta, but I rarely eat bread - its made with fat... I eat all the fruit/veg I want (must be at least one third of my plate) lean meats/poultry and fish, beans, eggs and quark(!)

Comment

I disagree that people are aware of the correct way to build a diet for sustainable healthy weight loss.

They don't.

Their ambivalence is based on the misconception that the process is more difficult than it actually is - the misinformation about the necessary "tachniques". The smoking analogy doesn't stand up, and the rest of what you say struggles with that misconception as well.

Comment

So explain how I've lost almost 2 stone since October 2010 then? I don't exercise any more than walking my children to school before work each morning! I didn't give up rice, potatoes or pasta, but I rarely eat bread - its made with fat... I eat all the fruit/veg I want (must be at least one third of my plate) lean meats/poultry and fish, beans, eggs and quark(!)

from having a calorie deficit.

Its surprisingly easy to lose weight if you just take in less calories than you put out.

Comment

Actually here's a tough enough q, given the vagueness of it. When i was living in Mexico we used to spend most of our time in the local strip club. They were always playing some French song - a lot of heavy breathing in it - always associate it with strip clubs and Mexico as a result. But can't remember it. Anyone any idea what song it might be? It's quite a famous one.
                                                                                                            Je t'aime is what it's called I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Actually here's a tough enough q, given the vagueness of it. When i was living in Mexico we used to spend most of our time in the local strip club. They were always playing some French song - a lot of heavy breathing in it - always associate it with strip clubs and Mexico as a result. But can't remember it. Anyone any idea what song it might be? It's quite a famous one.
                                                                                                              Je T'amie

Comment

je t'aime?
                                                                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RrlkXQshd8[/ame]
                                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

3 confirmed perverts to add to Fun Bobby's group.

Comment

...

Comment

lol. Bardot was some fox though lookin at that video!
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Do you mean quorn instead of quark? I didn't take you for a fan of particle physics

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X