Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh lordy, just cooked my first risotto, packed full of Chirzo and Mushrooms. Flavour explosion! It does slightly resemble puke..
    Attached Files
    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
      He was crushing souls this time last season.
      Yeah you're right. Why did I say two years? It's about this time he got injured anyway and the wheels came off the bike.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Sick goal from Wesley tonight

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPbJ4Z5D-n4&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPbJ4Z5D-n4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
          Htc desire HD gets much love on here, and I went into a Three shop the other day and asked them what was the best phone they had and both People agreed it was the Desire HD so take from that what you will
          I think HTC are announcing some new phones for the European market this or next week, including apparently the Desire 2, so if he (or you) wants the best htc phone and can wait, might be best to see what they have coming and when.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
            Screengrab, large image..
            SPOILER

Just enter the feed as above , limit the hoster to whoever you're with, and then set the filters to the show names you want. Still a weird teething problem where its pulling strange links (Da.Change...) but they're offline anyway, so Jdownloader wont DL them.

Its still in development, but working well already. I've left "skip linkgrabber" unticked, as I want to review the downloads before starting them while I was getting set up, but its a step in right direction.

Actually, I might stick the movie filters (IE DVDRIP DVDSCR), under a seperate copy of the feed and just leave that one unticked to skip linkgrabber, that way it would auto the tv shows, and give me the option to DL the movies...
            So does this download the links but doesnt actually download the files until you decide to start it?

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
            If I wanted to make a series a short of interviews and then edit the film using a program, can anyone recommend me a suitable camcorder and editing program? Would need to be a decent enough quality, although I'll only be uploading the clips to youtube.

All help appreciated.
            The guy doing the official videos for the D4 lads at the Deepstack had this little Kodak camera I think it was that had an inbuilt mic port as well on it and recorded in 1080p that is designed specifically for YouTube.

Was pretty nifty and said it was so handy.

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
            Ship the Tetris title back where it belongs !!!!

ty for the extra motivation!
            Wow pretty sick well played Chubbs

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
            Ugh. Phone is dying/dead, touchscreen unresponsive. so, android is it? what should I be looking at?
            HTC all the way I personally love my Desire and it was 72zero + JamieCarra who have the Desire HD I was talking to over the weekend they say its a great phone but took a bit of getting use to because of the battery would only last so long as they were using it but once they got the hang of it its pretty sweet.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              The guy doing the official videos for the D4 lads at the Deepstack had this little Kodak camera I think it was that had an inbuilt mic port as well on it and recorded in 1080p that is designed specifically for YouTube.
              Was pretty nifty and said it was so handy.
              Was it one of these yokes?

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-Zi8-Pocket-Video-Camera/dp/B002J9I3HM/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1297287409&sr=8-33[/ame]

Looks fairly handy alright, though I know I'd never use it if I got one.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Making you feel old: Remember the Bebeto and Romario 'rocking the cradle' goal celebration at World Cup USA? The 'baby' made his debut for Flamengo last week.

Comment

Okay I'll come out and say it, ya shower of cowards.........

my names Smurph and I think the new series of "Shameless USA" is excellent.

there, I said it..... let the slagging begin
                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    Making you feel old: Remember the Bebeto and Romario 'rocking the cradle' goal celebration at World Cup USA? The 'baby' made his debut for Flamengo last week.
                    wow

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post

there, I said it..... let the slagging begin
                      Yep top notch. And only gonna get better once they start branching out with their own story lines, ala The US Office

Comment

Yep top notch. And only gonna get better once they start branching out with their own story lines, ala The US Office
                        see I have a Mod backing up my statement aswell... phew..
                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally Posted by tylerdurden94
                          Programming is for seriously crazy people and or weird dudes
                          Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          I've spent a week running around the wilds of Uganda trying to chase down a problem that has been going on for months where Envelope deposits service was getting fckd up from time to time, to cut a very long story short I fixed it last night and at the bottom of it all it was sorted by making a code change last night that involved adding just two characters
                          else{g_bDepositoryThreadRunning = FALSE;
                          ...}
                          to
                          else{//g_bDepositoryThreadRunning = FALSE
                          ...}

Total cost probably well north of 10K.
                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-02-11, 22:06.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lol Hernanes "assault" on Benzema tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                              http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodi...il%29-8450780/

Lol Hernanes "assault" on Benzema tonight.
                              seriously easy win by France, i don't think Brazil had a decent shot at goal in the seconf half.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                seriously easy win by France, i don't think Brazil had a decent shot at goal in the seconf half.

Was impressed with that guy Menez for France.

Comment

Anybody got an opinion on Buy out Bonds (see example here http://www.standardlife.ie/products/home_synbob.html)

I've been thinking through my retirement options (can't start early enough obv) and the fact that by the time I'm 65/70 I'm not sure whether any of the money will actually go on things I want to do as opposed to things I have to do. The young lad will be more than old enough to sort me out at that point for health problems anyway!

This whole bond thing seems to be a way to get at your pension earlier, from 50 up, which may or may not be appealing to me. I'm guessing it's a bad thing for an individual if the financial companies are pushing it.

Has anybody looked at it, or got an opinion on it? I saw a thread on boards the other day saying that some company had worked a way to get money out of pension funds early, but I'm guessing that's a scam or a misunderstanding on someone's part.
                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Football manager prodigy a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post

I'm only watching the second episode now. William H Macy was such a great choice to play Frank, I've high hopes for the rest of it

Just noticed your new sig Smurph. Sorry to hear that. Wish I could come up with some encouraging words; I've got nothing

Comment

was watching on a brazilian stream whilst playing poker so individual performances might have slipped me by so i'll take your word for it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          I think HTC are announcing some new phones for the European market this or next week, including apparently the Desire 2, so if he (or you) wants the best htc phone and can wait, might be best to see what they have coming and when.
                                          Excellent, thanks for the heads up, as I am indeed looking to buy the HTC Desire HD in the next couple of weeks or so so if something even newer and fancier is on the horizon I will definitely wait. Cheers. Actually is there a forum or website that will have the news on the new phone when it comes out?

Also when did Thiago Motta become Italian? I could have sworn he was, or used to be, Brazilian...Saw he got booked in the Germany Italy match today and seemingly he's playing for Italy!? Was it a case of not capped for Brazil competitively and lived/played in Italy long enough to qualify for them? Or am I entirely making up the being Brazilian thing...?
                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Green Party latest seats price update

1...9/4
                                            2...4/1

Decent drop from 7's and 12's

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the heads up, as I am indeed looking to buy the HTC Desire HD in the next couple of weeks or so so if something even newer and fancier is on the horizon I will definitely wait. Cheers. Actually is there a forum or website that will have the news on the new phone when it comes out?
                                              After a quick search, it is being speculated that they will be announced next week at this http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/e...t_overview.htm

Here is a link to the leaked photo:

Over the weekend, a surreptitious new photo of the new HTC Desire 2 hit the world wide web, and in addition to the image, the new handset has found its way into Vodafone Germany's inventory system (along with several other goodies) -- meaning that the second coming of the Desire is likely imminent. Word on the street is that it has a Super AMOLED screen of unknown resolution and runs Android 2.3.1 (Gingerbread). Examination of the spy shot reveals that HTC swapped out the tactile buttons of the original Desire for the capacitive variety, added a front facing camera, and made it slightly smaller than its predecessor. It seems that HTC has failed on the 'quietly' part of its slogan, but at least it looks like the company didn't botch the 'brilliant' bit as well. Stay tuned to find out -- Mobile World Congress gets going in under a week, you know. [Thanks, William and Robert]

I think it is going to be similar size to the current Desire, so a 3.7" screen as opposed to the 4.3" one on the DHD if size is a factor. I hope there is more internal memory and a faster processor, and expect there will be. I think I might wait for the Desire 3 to upgrade from the first model.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                After a quick search, it is being speculated that they will be announced next week at this http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/e...t_overview.htm

Here is a link to the leaked photo:

Over the weekend, a surreptitious new photo of the new HTC Desire 2 hit the world wide web, and in addition to the image, the new handset has found its way into Vodafone Germany's inventory system (along with several other goodies) -- meaning that the second coming of the Desire is likely imminent. Word on the street is that it has a Super AMOLED screen of unknown resolution and runs Android 2.3.1 (Gingerbread). Examination of the spy shot reveals that HTC swapped out the tactile buttons of the original Desire for the capacitive variety, added a front facing camera, and made it slightly smaller than its predecessor. It seems that HTC has failed on the 'quietly' part of its slogan, but at least it looks like the company didn't botch the 'brilliant' bit as well. Stay tuned to find out -- Mobile World Congress gets going in under a week, you know. [Thanks, William and Robert]

I think it is going to be similar size to the current Desire, so a 3.7" screen as opposed to the 4.3" one on the DHD if size is a factor. I hope there is more internal memory and a faster processor, and expect there will be. I think I might wait for the Desire 3 to upgrade from the first model.
                                                Yeah, all sounds very good. I actually like the idea of the 4.3" screen of the HD tbh, just about the perfect size I think, but I'll definitely wait to see what the new phone is like, thanks again for the heads up
                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Fuck off poker - at least for the rest of the night! Just got knocked out of my favourite nightly Omaha tournie by this dude calling off a big chunk of his stack pre-flop with a bag of spanners, he's not even going to cash in it despite his stack, unless a miracle happens! What a day of suckout after suckout...

Has anyone watched The World According to Garp? I downloaded it recently and have watched the first 30 minutes, not overly fond of what I've seen so far, so wondering if I should stick with it.

Comment

ha one of the worst OPR's ive ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Has anyone watched The World According to Garp? I downloaded it recently and have watched the first 30 minutes, not overly fond of what I've seen so far, so wondering if I should stick with it.
                                                      absolutely awesome film (and book). can't recommend it enough!!although if you don't like the first 30 minutes, then i have no idea whether you'll like the rest

Comment

Also when did Thiago Motta become Italian? I could have sworn he was, or used to be, Brazilian...Saw he got booked in the Germany Italy match today and seemingly he's playing for Italy!? Was it a case of not capped for Brazil competitively and lived/played in Italy long enough to qualify for them? Or am I entirely making up the being Brazilian thing...?
                                                        Google's your friend.

Motta made his debut for Brazil as invitee in the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup, as part of the de facto U-23 team. He went on to collect two international caps in the tournament, and previously represented the nation at the 1999 South American Under-17 Football Championship.

Motta missed the 2004 CONMEBOL Men Pre-Olympic Tournament due to injuries.[14], he also capped for the U23 team in November 2003 against Santos FC.[15] Subsequently, reported claims that he wanted to be called up for Italy and possibly to the 2010 FIFA World Cup, as he possessed dual nationality – his grandfather is Italian.[16] FIFA grants players to have one chance to change their representing nation if they have dual nationality, but not for players who have already played in a competitive "A" match (non-friendly).[17]

On 6 February 2011, Motta received his first call-up from Italy, for a friendly against Germany, but an official statement from the Italian Football Federation declared it subject to FIFA clearance.[18] On February 8 2011, it was announced that such clearance had been granted by FIFA the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                          Was it one of these yokes?

Looks fairly handy alright, though I know I'd never use it if I got one.
                                                          Yeah that looks something like it.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          I've spent a week running around the wilds of Uganda trying to chase down a problem that has been going on for months where Envelope deposits service was getting fckd up from time to time, to cut a very long story short I fixed it last night and at the bottom of it all it was sorted by making a code change last night that involved adding just two characters
                                                          ...}
                                                          to
                                                          ...}

Total nonsense! I really did not not like programming
                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Green Party latest seats price update

1...9/4
                                                            2...4/1

Decent drop from 7's and 12's
                                                            I dont feel the hate for the Greens, why exactly shoulldnt i vote for them?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                I dont feel the hate for the Greens, why exactly shoulldnt i vote for them?
                                                                I don't feel any hate for them myself. I'd prefer if they hadn't gone into government with FF. Anyone who does/did deserves their punishment.

On the other hand, they really are the only party with any raison d'etre other than power. The Labour party hasn't even been remotely socialist/different since the 1970's.

Comment

Pretty sad indicment of the state of international football in Italy at the moment, desparately trying to get international clearance to let a Brazilian reject into their team for the last couple of weeks. Like he'll be well into his 30's come next world cup so it's hardly building towards the future as well as a litttle embarrassing that a great footballing nation can't produce a better midfielder than him. I'd have aqualani in their myself, one of the few bright sparks of Juventus' season this year and has age on his side. Strange one alright.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                    found it quite wearisome tbh even though stuck with it through to the end.
                                                                    was wondering about that actually, as i'm pretty sure i was the one to recommend the film to you. Even rewatching it after a good while, i still absolutely love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                      I don't feel any hate for them myself. I'd prefer if they hadn't gone into government with FF. Anyone who does/did deserves their punishment.

On the other hand, they really are the only party with any raison d'etre other than power. The Labour party hasn't even been remotely socialist/different since the 1970's.
                                                                      In their defence, its better to be fighting inside the tent than outside.

Think they've shown the most integrity by handing their ministerial pension back / to charity

Comment

Not sure if this was already posted but this is totally fucked up and worth the read.

It's about the bet ashman took with dogihead about running 70miles in 24 hours, ashman put up 900k to dogisheads 300k. Both guys are really fucked up in the head

Comment

I was 6 Some great memories of it though!
                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Er, no it really isn't. Not going to get into an argument about it. The Labour party were decimated after their spell with FF. PD's no longer exist. I'd rather have AIDs than have anything to do with them

Comment

Think they've shown the most integrity by handing their ministerial pension back / to charity

Far too little and far too late.

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                  Fuck off poker - at least for the rest of the night! Just got knocked out of my favourite nightly Omaha tournie by this dude calling off a big chunk of his stack pre-flop with a bag of spanners, he's not even going to cash in it despite his stack, unless a miracle happens! What a day of suckout after suckout...
                                                                                  I know the feeling. Just busted from that Deepstack satellite in 19th. 3 packages and €88 for 4-12. Ship over a serial raiser from the button which would have moved me top 10, but i run into the BB holding the Kingers. Standard

Comment

Is the campaign worth playing in Black Ops?

Just got it last week and have been playing online but thinking of giving the story mode a spin...

Comment

Ah fck, really? Wouldn't have said it, if I knew that. Think i was high at the time, so possibly a reason why i didn't fully get it. Have a thing about feeling uncomfortable reading books / watching movies where it goes from birth to death. Even felt incredibly sad after reading Archer's Kane and Abel!
                                                                                      Wait until you have a child. I kid you not,for a long time any movies/tv shows portraying abuse or murder of children will become unpalatable.

Did this happen to anyone else?
                                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Just got it last week and have been playing online but thinking of giving the story mode a spin...
                                                                                        Yeah I really enjoyed it. It's just lots of fun, don't expect anything more.
                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                          Wait until you have a child. I kid you not,for a long time any movies/tv shows portraying abuse or murder of children will become unpalatable.

Extremely difficult concept to explain to non parents.I originally said that nobody has experienced love 'till they have a child, but that is too broad.What I'm trying to say is that whatever a non parent knows as love shall be blown away once they have experienced the love for their offspring.
                                                                                          Last edited by Sirtoyou; 10-02-11, 00:01.

Comment

Ah fck, really? Wouldn't have said it, if I knew that. Think i was high at the time, so possibly a reason why i didn't fully get it. Have a thing about feeling uncomfortable reading books / watching movies where it goes from birth to death. Even felt incredibly sad after reading Archer's Kane and Abel!
                                                                                            ah not to worry, if you don't like it, you don't like it. very strange alright for the birth to death story lines. i'm probably the opposite. most of my favorite books at one time or another, are birth to death. 3 that jump out: Herman Hesse's "narcissus and goldmund", Balzac's "the magic skin" ,or "stone junction" by Jim Dodge to name but 3 which have stayed with me always.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              ...}
                                                                                              to
                                                                                              ...}

that is sick, I hate when shite like that happens.
                                                                                              You do feel like Neo when you fix it though
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                                Extremely difficult concept to explain to non parents.I'd argue that nobody has experienced love 'till they've had a child.
                                                                                                Yeah, was asking the parents of the bbv, obv no offence to the others but you probably don't fully understand what i'm getting at unless you have kids.

You never think it'll happen to you, but there's a certain shift in the way you see/react to certain things. It's unavoidable.

Comment

Have Stars made some change such that everyones location just comes up as a country rather than whatever city or town they entered themselves?

Find this a bit annoying, I like to know whether the Canadian I'm playing is from the French parts, or whether the Russian is from relatively affluent Moscow or some poverty stricken hellhole meaning he's prob a grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    Have Stars made some change such that everyones location just comes up as a country rather than whatever city or town they entered themselves?

Find this a bit annoying, I like to know whether the Canadian I'm playing is from the French parts, or whether the Russian is from relatively affluent Moscow or some poverty stricken hellhole meaning he's prob a grinder.
                                                                                                    Yeah, I noticed this aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

Forever imo,

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Funny Games, the American version....nuff said !

What a coinkadink....son turned 12 quater of an hour ago...
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        Forever imo,

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Funny Games, the American version....nuff said !

What a coinkadink....son turned 12 quater of an hour ago...
                                                                                                        Happy birthday.

Comment

same as any FPS really - worth a spin but int anything special

Comment

It's like a Michael Bay film tbh. So lots of action, but pretty empty.

Try Fallout New Vegas. I finished it and am dreading going back to replay it as it is such a time hole.

Comment

Ye i was thinking that myself. I've just started and i'm getting lit up online so I'll prob give the campaign a bash just for practice more than anything else.

Uncharted 2 > Black ops IMO

Comment

Damo will be glad to know GedasT busted the role

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                  Yeah I really enjoyed it. It's just lots of fun, don't expect anything more.
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                  same as any FPS really - worth a spin but int anything special
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                  It's like a Michael Bay film tbh. So lots of action, but pretty empty.

Try Fallout New Vegas. I finished it and am dreading going back to replay it as it is such a time hole.
                                                                                                                  I've played as far as the bit where you're escaping from the GUlag (i.e. about 0.001%) and it's tilting the fuck out of me.

Don't think I'll bother with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                    Ye i was thinking that myself. I've just started and i'm getting lit up online so I'll prob give the campaign a bash just for practice more than anything else.

Battlefield > Everything imo

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

I was pathetic online my first couple of sessions. Like getting zero kills, being killed before I ever saw anybody coming etc.

After about five sessions I'm on level 12 and starting to become somewhat competent. There's a bit of hard yards to be done as initially you get destroyed and hate your life while you play it, but you definitely do improve quickly if you stick at it.

We should all get online together some night IMO...

Comment

Im average Iv just grinded my way up the levels

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                          Battlefield > Everything imo
                                                                                                                          Half Life series > Everything

Thats sounds cool Keane. Id be up for it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X