This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
    If they had gone along the lines of the Wexford route they might have had a chance

letting kids in for free as they were, with a small wages outlay, in a few years they MIGHT have had a base!?
    It certainly would have given them a fighting chance and the slim opportunity to build up something. If money was going to be thrown in anywhere it should have been in facilities/a stadium/infrastructure or even just bombarding the Fingal area with advertisement and running promotions like you said. I mean Wexford are certainly in a better position than they are right now. The way they went about things of just pumping money into players and hoping to magic up some supporters to pay for it was going to fail close to 100% of the time.

Sad indictment on the current state of play in our league though is we may have two teams unable to even compete in the Setanta Cup.
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

If they had gone along the lines of the Wexford route they might have had a chance

letting kids in for free as they were, with a small wages outlay, in a few years they MIGHT have had a base!?
      Unfortunately, someone will come along sometime soon and try what they did again, reasoning that had Fingal defended a bit better at home last July they'd have beaten the Portuguese lads and been a stone's throw from the EL group stages...

I'd love to believe that this is the end of the idiocy, but it won't be unfortunately.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        Unfortunately, someone will come along sometime soon and try what they did again, reasoning that had Fingal defended a bit better at home last July they'd have beaten the Portuguese lads and been a stone's throw from the EL group stages...

I'd love to believe that this is the end of the idiocy, but it won't be unfortunately.
        No, if Dublin City wasn't not to mention Shels, Bohs, Derry, Cork City etc or even going furter back to the likes of Drums and the various other Corks than this sure as hell wont be the one that broke the camels back. Expect Roddy Collins to be managing Dublin United to league glory by 2015.

What's especially sad is there's probably a bidding war going on for their overpaid now free agent players as we speak.
        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
          was overcomplicating that automatic downloader I was talking about last night. simplified the feed in, and using the filters to only pull the shows I want, seems to be running well now, with the added bonus of setting it to DL ANY dvd screener that surfaces..
          I see one pretty bad fault with this thou, its that from time to time some of the releases are nuked and you have to get a proper release if that could be factored in it would be sweet.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
            What's especially sad is there's probably a bidding war going on for their overpaid now free agent players as we speak.
            Definitely.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              Gis a screencap of how you set it up please and thank you
              Screengrab, large image..
              SPOILER

Just enter the feed as above , limit the hoster to whoever you're with, and then set the filters to the show names you want. Still a weird teething problem where its pulling strange links (Da.Change...) but they're offline anyway, so Jdownloader wont DL them.

Its still in development, but working well already. I've left "skip linkgrabber" unticked, as I want to review the downloads before starting them while I was getting set up, but its a step in right direction.

Actually, I might stick the movie filters (IE DVDRIP DVDSCR), under a seperate copy of the feed and just leave that one unticked to skip linkgrabber, that way it would auto the tv shows, and give me the option to DL the movies...
              http://mobro.co/zuroph
              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                Ireland's 02 WC game against Spain on ESPN classic now. Oh the pain! It's funny when your watching something that's over 9 years but a little part of you still thinks the result can change.
                You might laugh, but we actually had a chance of winning that World Cup if certain things had not happened.

Now that would be some craic

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Programming is for seriously crazy people and or weird dudes
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Definitely.
                    Might sign a few of them BUT wages wise it won't be us!

SPOILER
                    Even though Id guarantee Shams fans are filling the net as we speak with bullshit about us offering the moon on a stick

if you heard how strict our wages negotiations are supposed to be since our run in with the tax man you would lol

*Gary O'Neill is almost a cert for Pats id imagine
                    Turned down Shams already this season and I don't think they need him now
                    He/his burd??? would not leave Dublin, he would have signed for us years ago if he would leave Dublin of course might change now opening up chance of move to Derry?
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-02-11, 17:49. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      You did a bit of looking into standard media players when you were researching building your own I assume?

Any idea what would be a good pick in the 100-150 range?
                      hold off if you can, sigma are porting xbmc to their chipset, so the next gen of media players will be xbmc compatible, CHEAP and user friendly!

that or stream everything to an apple tv2.
                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

If I wanted to make a series a short of interviews and then edit the film using a program, can anyone recommend me a suitable camcorder and editing program? Would need to be a decent enough quality, although I'll only be uploading the clips to youtube.

All help appreciated.

Comment

plus theres a media centre just around the corner for hacked ps3s...

I see what you're saying about nukes Danny, will have to see what comes along with the development. Right now I'm in two minds about whether to keep using TED or switch to this way of doing it. I might use this for movies, and keep the TED running for now, really has been an EXCELLENT program.
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

madness about Fingal really shows the stupidty again of these over ambitious projects. Rovers have seemed to learn from there run in with the tax man however the rest seem to need to wait till they go into ruin for them to pay heed. The percieved reward that these clubs gamble for is nowhere near the risk. Gambling to get into the later part of a european competion and ending up in ruins.

Between that and an empty Aviva cause of overpriced tickets no wonder we all support english giants like Coventry city.

Comment

No, if Dublin City wasn't not to mention Shels, Bohs, Derry, Cork City etc or even going furter back to the likes of Drums and the various other Corks than this sure as hell wont be the one that broke the camels back. Expect Roddy Collins to be managing Dublin United to league glory by 2015.
                              To counter balance all the negativity about Irish clubs going out of business

It happens!!!
                              half the clubs in England are on the breadline and would go out of business if it were not for local business types dipping the hands in the pockets
                              That money goes to Gaa clubs here
                              C'est La Vie!

Comment

To counter balance all the negativity about Irish clubs going out of business

It happens!!!
                                half the clubs in England are on the breadline and would go out of business if it were not for local business types dipping the hands in the pockets
                                That money goes to Gaa clubs here
                                C'est La Vie!
                                Yes but one example of incompetence doesn't justify another. The fact we don't have access to that money is all the more reason to try and run our clubs well. The problem in Ireland is the nuclear arms race mentality to player wages* and budgets, and in that way the demise of Fingal will benefit the league as we'll no longer have an unrealistic target to try and compete with. But the problem is that one club offers a player x amount, so another club tops it, the agent spreads rumours of another club throwing money at the player so the club who signs him ends up getting him for many times his realistic worth and the clubs end up spending more than they earn. Instead of just sticking to a budget and buying the best team we can from within that and the players can like or or leave it, most clubs don't want to be left behind so end up paying way more for players than they should just to keep up with the neighbours (Who're overspending themselves to keep up with you and everyone else) and have absolutely no realistic way to pay for it other than some farcical pipe dream of European glory that we've literally 0 precedent for.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy and I don't see it ending any time soon, if the FAI actually enforced their own licensing and budget rules it might but ofc it's the FAI so what chance is there of that? I can only hope that clubs like Sligo are as well run as you say and can provide an example of how to do things. But sooner or later another inexplicably funded team will come around and snap up all the players and teams will overextend themselves just to compete and it'll all happen again.

*Actually this very much is a problem Europe-wide, but that doesn't mean we have to be as bad here. I

Comment

Ship the Tetris title back where it belongs !!!!

Smoothcall is done. That score won't be beaten.
                                  ty for the extra motivation!

Comment

Yes but one example of incompetence doesn't justify another.
                                    ooh id agree

The point is for all those who slag it off by comparing it to English/other football, English football would/should/almost is in similar position

lads stop putting their hand in their pockets tomorrow x amount of clubs in England would go part time/bust at the end of the season

Stupid wages thing is the same almost everywhere
                                    LOI trying to fix it with 60% stuff (too many loopholes, but a start), UEFA thing should fix it!?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      come in for the 100 DC tomorrow BK, usually a decent game
                                      I will do actually I really like that game. I think you knocked me out after my last spin there - I tank called your 4bet with JJ but you binked with AK. fun game would there be any interest in a couple of pints beforehand?

For anyone interested, Sporting Fingal have pulled out of the Setanta Cup and there's currently crisis meetings going on where apparently Buckley told the players the situation is grim. So further to what was discussed earlier it really looks like the end is very very near for Fingal, could be news in the next day or two.

Actually it just broke on twitter via Tony O'Donoghue the players contracts have all been terminated, so it looks like either turn amateur and get hammered every week or wind up, and given their lack of support if they went the first way there'd really be no recovery so I'd expect this so be official very soon. Always sad to see an LOI club in this kind of shape, but the stupidity of the project and sheer inevitability of this makes me feel far less sympathy than usual.
                                      This news broke at the end of last Season but was kept on the QT because if they went into administration before the end of the season they would have been relegated and drogs would have stayed up - or at least got to a playoff. I remember it well because I punted hard on Galway avoiding the drop before this news got to the Bookies. When it didnt come through it was a loooooooong fooking sweat I tell ya

Comment

You know, there really are some special people in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post

Sick.

You decimated it too. Well, this one will definitely not be trumped. Congrats on setting an unbeatable record.
                                          Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 09-02-11, 18:35.

Comment

even more sick, had a look back through your scores today smooth, what did you smash when you lost at ~205,000 mark?!?!
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Kayroo scored 45,894 playing Tetris

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                France -2 is 10/11. Am I missing something here, or is this a lump job?
                                                i'll be lumping on big time personally.

Comment

Hate lumping against Ireland, but that's a sick valuebet.

I would've had the margin at 8 in France's favour.

Comment

I think I'll back Ireland

Comment

hold off if you can, sigma are porting xbmc to their chipset, so the next gen of media players will be xbmc compatible, CHEAP and user friendly!

that or stream everything to an apple tv2.
                                                      It's not for me, someone is trying to get a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                        I think I'll back Ireland
                                                        Level surely give me three good reasons too.
                                                        I can give you 5 or 6 good reasons too back France
                                                        Tomas O leary
                                                        David Wallace are just 2

Comment

Screengrab, large image..
                                                          SPOILER

Just enter the feed as above , limit the hoster to whoever you're with, and then set the filters to the show names you want. Still a weird teething problem where its pulling strange links (Da.Change...) but they're offline anyway, so Jdownloader wont DL them.

Its still in development, but working well already. I've left "skip linkgrabber" unticked, as I want to review the downloads before starting them while I was getting set up, but its a step in right direction.

Actually, I might stick the movie filters (IE DVDRIP DVDSCR), under a seperate copy of the feed and just leave that one unticked to skip linkgrabber, that way it would auto the tv shows, and give me the option to DL the movies...
                                                          The problem I had when I finally got it going was the posts would have a 720p and SD version for the same hoster, so obv it'd dl twice. Someone (TylerD/Deadparrot) should set up an ipb stream.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post

Its poor Ballymorechris I feel sorry for.

He just found out where the pause button is and now the high score is gone even higher

Comment

Just saw this on the big babies Solksjaers facebook page...I said i'd post it here

He's shaving that mop of hair for charity and wants sponsors
                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                The problem I had when I finally got it going was the posts would have a 720p and SD version for the same hoster, so obv it'd dl twice. Someone (TylerD/Deadparrot) should set up an ipb stream.
                                                                i thought this, but then its not pulling them twice for me on anything so far.. not sure why..
                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Bendtner for hat-trick tonight obv. Really like that England strip.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    I see one pretty bad fault with this thou, its that from time to time some of the releases are nuked and you have to get a proper release if that could be factored in it would be sweet.
                                                                    +1 also you get several 'releases' of screeners by different ripping houses.
                                                                    also, today for example, there was 3 different releases of Meet the Fockers
                                                                    One with Spanish subs hardcoded
                                                                    one cropped out the spanish subs
                                                                    and one without the subs proper screen.

Another example would be the Harry potter movie
                                                                    I've counted 4 releases so far
                                                                    45 min one
                                                                    PPV one missing scenes
                                                                    Nuked of the above
                                                                    and a mislabled cam version

It's a fantastic idea in principle but it would need a dedicated rss release feed to determine the best release.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      It's a fantastic idea in principle but it would need a dedicated rss release feed to determine the best release.
                                                                      Hey DeadParrot.

Sounds like you have an idea here?

Maybe you should eh, have a shot at it.

Serve the community and all.

Kind regards,

IPB

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                        what the fuck do you think I do every day

Comment

any way of just rss feeding the place....

wow the nordies travelled.
                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Anyone got a good stream for Argentina Portugal? I can't seem to find anything good

Comment

It's mad that Rooney hasn't played well for two years but is still England's first choice striker.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                Hey DeadParrot.

Sounds like you have an idea here?

Maybe you should eh, have a shot at it.

Serve the community and all.

Kind regards,

IPB
                                                                                sigh.....
                                                                                I probably could do something pulling the links from posts I make.....
                                                                                but that kinda negates the point of them

Comment

Anyone got a good stream for Argentina Portugal? I can't seem to find anything good

Comment

Where can I get the IPB patches ?

Comment

Anyone got any questions?

Trolling Jesus Freaks ftw.

Comment

Sick.

You decimated it too. Well, this one will definitely not be trumped. Congrats on setting an unbeatable record.
                                                                                        that's what Billy Mitchell thought back in the 80s...

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post
                                                                                          Where can I get the IPB patches ?
                                                                                          We may look into getting another batch made for the IO

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

link for england match?

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                                link for england match?
                                                                                                take your pick

http://88.80.11.29/
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

it's on itv and setanta
                                                                                                  have a look here

handy not just for todays match

Comment

an automatic RSS feed would give people the option to use it at least. I know i watch most of the films recommended or posted, thats much higher than the percentage of ones that turn up on public feeds. I'm still gonna use TED for tv until i see a better option, but for movies, an RSS from the place could be awesome.

since we have the autoblog poster section, could a similar thread be added to the place, to save the work?
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                                                      so keep on wishing i could watch that for the first time again. just spectacular. another great one, but clearly nowhere near as good was Wordplay (2006)
                                                                                                      difficult to invent such a perfect scenario in a documentary. absolutely brilliant!! haven't seen wordplay so downloading as we speak. Thanks! i've been watching a lot of documentaries lately and one which i really enjoyed was "rise" which i hadn't heard of. it dates back to 2005 but is well worth it. (Very different to the ones we've mentioned though so read the bio to see if it's of interest to you).

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        difficult to invent such a perfect scenario in a documentary. absolutely brilliant!! haven't seen wordplay so downloading as we speak. Thanks! i've been watching a lot of documentaries lately and one which i really enjoyed was "rise" which i hadn't heard of. it dates back to 2005 but is well worth it. (Very different to the ones we've mentioned though so read the bio to see if it's of interest to you).
                                                                                                        As a film student just seen your post and wondered have you seen "Capturing The Friedmans"? The greatest documentary ever made IMO.

Comment

Ugh. Phone is dying/dead, touchscreen unresponsive. so, android is it? what should I be looking at?
                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                              It's mad that Rooney hasn't played well for two years but is still England's first choice striker.
                                                                                                              He was crushing souls this time last season.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I would say Kayroo is too much of a coward to try break the latest tetris score.

WP chubs

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post
                                                                                                                  As a film student just seen your post and wondered have you seen "Capturing The Friedmans"? The greatest documentary ever made IMO.
                                                                                                                  wow, just read the bio and once again dowloading as we speak.

good luck with the studies!! i've always been passionate about cinema, and after coming to Ireland, it was a good opportunity for a career change, and the film industry was quite high up on the list. anyway got a job on a big budget film as an assistant producer for 3 months, which i snapped up. ended up being a pigmy minder whilst trapsing across the UK. was surreal, but i was also asked to defuse his agent who was also present, who was a black witch, casting constant spells on me and the team, and who eventually legged it when we reached London, never to be seen again.
                                                                                                                  FWIW, the pygmy story in the UK was a documentary in its own right and i spent most of my 3 months being followed by a camera crew.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by shrapnel; 09-02-11, 20:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Do you have an imdb link to that. Could see one called rise on the making of carlito's way, but not sure. Currently watching 'A Crude Awakening' about peak oil which is quite good, but would happily swap it for something more interesting!
                                                                                                                    sorry spelt it wrong.

Comment

Ugh. Phone is dying/dead, touchscreen unresponsive. so, android is it? what should I be looking at?
                                                                                                                      Seems like you can't go too far wrong with the Desire or the GalaxyS.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                                        He was crushing souls this time last season.
                                                                                                                        This tbf. Was unreal last season up until around March when he picked up the ankle injury (vs Bayern iirc)
                                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Htc desire HD gets much love on here, and I went into a Three shop the other day and asked them what was the best phone they had and both People agreed it was the Desire HD so take from that what you will

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X