This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
    Anyone got a structure they could suggest? It's a charity poker tournament for 40 people - thinking of going €30 buy-in plus one €20 topup plus one €20 add-on.

Hoping somebody could help me out with starting stack and structure ideas? I'm sure some people on here would be able to help / have done this before?

Thanks.

3k/4k rebuy/ 5k add-on, 20 min blinds

25/50
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    (chiprace 25's) break
    200/400
    400/800
    800/1600
    1000/2000
    2000/4000 etc
    Last edited by Zod; 09-02-11, 14:12.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      LOL obv lies have you ever set foot in the JP? I might make an overdue return to the SE though

edit - sigh SE isnt open on wednesdays
      €35 + 5 scalps tournament starting in the voodoo tonight.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

LOL obv lies have you ever set foot in the JP? I might make an overdue return to the SE though

come in for the 100 DC tomorrow BK, usually a decent game
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          TOL keeps his place
          Unchanged other than Heaslip in for Leamy.

France by 12, Deccie's old boys club continues.

France for grand slam
          puke, TOL should be gonzo and replaced by Stringer.

Should have given D'Arcy a kick up the hole too (eh, if we had a replacement that is ). No way should an international 12 of his calibre have 4 knock-ons in one game. O'Driscoll is allowed a bad game I suppose.

in fairness, I wouldn't have messed around with the pack much. Healy is the future, Best did OK, Ross is our best in the position at scrumtime, O'Callaghan was OK, O'Connell needs games, O'Brien needs a run in the team.

Wallace will be closely watched this weekend.

get well soon notes to Messrs Bowe and Ferris. And maybe Kearney although I've suspected that the way the game is going doesn't suit him.

Comment

@ rugby experts, just looking at the wooden spoon market. What do we make of Wales 4/1 or 5's with b365 to finish bottom. Two away fixtures against their closest rivals Scotland and Italy for the honour of getting the spoon. From my limited knowledge they looked like a shambles at the weekend.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              Sounds pretty doable, if you can make any sort of stab at it I'm sure there are a good few people on here who can help you along.
              ooh believe me from my point of view its not doable, im so bad at it!! just gonna copy off someones usb and change it around a bit.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

TOL keeps his place

France for grand slam
                FFS

Is trimble fit?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                  FFS

Is trimble fit?
                  yes

wouldn't play him though

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

TOL keeps his place
                      This is a big mistake IMO and I cant see the thought behind it. quick clean ball will be incredible important on sat. French back row will absolutly destroy TOL when he picks the ball up and has a think and wander around while trying to decide what he wants to do next.

Comment

Mistakes kidney made

TOL at 9- stringer/redden to play 60/20 split either way
                        Wallace at 7 - Leamy at 6 and SOB at 7 insanely preferable!
                        P.Wallace on the bench - Trimble covers more positions, playing much better too.

Ffs

Also, Italy wooden spoon for sure, although punting Wales for Wooden spoon then punting Wales vs Italy in the h2h could be interesting.

Comment

TOL keeps his place

France for grand slam
                          Oh for fucks sake, it's getting like O'Sullivan all over again.

I wonder if Heaslip will play 6 or 8.

Comment

TOL keeps his place

France for grand slam
                            and due to the Mermoz injury, we're reverting to IMO a better balanced team with Traille in the center and Poitrenaud at FB

Comment

I'd have played Jennings at seven, and SOB at six, don't think you need three abrasive runners in a backrow like you would have with Leamy playing instead of Wallace.

Wallace would be about my sixth choice back-rower at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                Danny Diamond
                                Bp-me
                                any other people around the Waterford area..jesus even lol Wexford people

Few pints before Mullanes pub game(25 snots in), crush some souls, then more pints and burger king for Icarus.

Tonight..the game is at half 8 so if we meet at 7 for a couple of pints. Anyone interested..pm Icarus or post here
                                I shall have to abstain, you girls have fun though.
                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Also, Italy wooden spoon for sure, although punting Wales for Wooden spoon then punting Wales vs Italy in the h2h could be interesting.
                                  I dont know about that. I think that these are the 2 bottom teams by quite a distance. In the current setup with Hook stuck at full back and the Italians killing them up front and in rome I could see the Azuri coming out on top. Not to sure how much I fancy sticking on but it is a bet I will be looking at it

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    yes

wouldn't play him though
                                    Model for the bench though......

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                      I'd have played Jennings at seven, and SOB at six, don't think you need three abrasive runners in a backrow like you would have with Leamy playing instead of Wallace.

Wallace would be about my sixth choice back-rower at the moment.
                                      Agreed, but kidney would never pick that backrow, I was trying to appease his blindfold for Jennings

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                        I dont know about that. I think that these are the 2 bottom teams by quite a distance. In the current setup with Hook stuck at full back and the Italians killing them up front and in rome I could see the Azuri coming out on top. Not to sure how much I fancy sticking on but it is a bet I will be looking at it
                                        Hook playing 10
                                        Byrne at 15
                                        R. Jones at 8

Gatland made the right swaps

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                          ooh believe me from my point of view its not doable, im so bad at it!! just gonna copy off someones usb and change it around a bit.
                                          What course are you doing and more importantly why are you doing it?
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                            I shall have to abstain, you girls have fun though.
                                            dryshite
                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Hook playing 10
                                              Byrne at 15
                                              R. Jones at 8

Gatland made the right swaps
                                              In that case not a good bet and I have saved myself some money.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                'Richie Lawlor' is the fakest name I ever heard,go back to your real name.
                                                Old finkel never even got a proper funeral/send off

Comment

Im a pretty hardcore gamer
                                                  Guarantee I have you crushed in that field.

Oblivion is horribly dull too imo. Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas are better options.
                                                  Last edited by Moneymaker; 09-02-11, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                    I wouldn't recommend doing this tbh. I done it for 2 years before it caught up with me and they have programs to check for this. But I met the TA in town one night and he said they never used bother.
                                                    We had to do a Java project in groups of two, a sodoku editor and error checker. So we got the code from someone else and took out some features. Then we had to a presentation and explain what parts of the code did. The other guy didn't show up, so I said I didn't have a copy of the project. Still passed though

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                      Old finkel never even got a proper funeral/send off
                                                      Good riddance

Comment

Lol at CHD getting fraped at the moment
                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Not playing Stringer is a disgrace actually.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I have on many an occasion.
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              Good riddance
                                                              I can just hear what he would say to you now, and it wouldn't be pretty

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                Not playing Stringer is a disgrace actually.
                                                                Wasn't even in contention. Not included in training squad.

Kidney leavin a sour taste in my mouth.

Comment

Wasn't even in contention. Not included in training squad.

Kidney leavin a sour taste in my mouth.
                                                                  Call me crazy, but I reckon the fact he isn't on an IRFU contract at present puts him at a disadvantage. If Kidney was starting Stringer (which he should be on current form and fit) regularly he might be getting significant administrative pressure...
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                    Mostly I'm in it for the relieving the work stress, therefore more caves/ruins/forts = more enemies = more killing = reduction in stress levels

It's on my list as is Fallout:LV but I'm delaying both because I'm swamped in work at the moment and sitting up until 2/3am playing games isn't going to help much.
                                                                    I've over 50 hours of Fallout: New Vegas logged at present, but have decided it is time to finish up with the game as I've loads of others bought in the last Steam sale that I need to get stuck into. I will probably be done with about 60 hours logged; have already finished the game using 1 of the many endings, want to try out two more (each ending involves different quests) then try to forget how awesome the game is for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                      Call me crazy, but I reckon the fact he isn't on an IRFU contract at present puts him at a disadvantage. If Kidney was starting Stringer (which he should be on current form and fit) regularly he might be getting significant administrative pressure...
                                                                      It not crazy, that's the simple truth.

Central contracting can be a disaster! Hayes still has one, has to be the only reason he's even holding tackle bags at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                        Lol at CHD getting fraped at the moment
                                                                        I will win the war.

Comment

Ireland's 02 WC game against Spain on ESPN classic now. Oh the pain! It's funny when your watching something that's over 9 years but a little part of you still thinks the result can change.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Sigh, having a very tough week online, just not staying ahead in 50/50, 60/40, 70/30 and 80/20s it seems like! Have hit so many crossbars I'd be a fcuking legend on Soccer AM...then this, why does it always happen against someone with a 5% rating on OPR?!!! I see BigMickG in the same tournie, hopefully he gets some run good.

PokerStars Game #57375872737: Tournament #361182317, $20+$5+$2 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2011/02/09 16:10:24 WET [2011/02/09 11:10:24 ET]
                                                                            Table '361182317 20' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
                                                                            Seat 1: alexkjell (1500 in chips)
                                                                            Seat 2: ionapaul (1490 in chips)
                                                                            Seat 3: FBorges (1290 in chips)
                                                                            Seat 4: linling007 (3210 in chips)
                                                                            Seat 5: TOMSAMBY (2790 in chips)
                                                                            Seat 6: GER_Timmey (1430 in chips)
                                                                            Seat 7: lapinrore37 (1855 in chips)
                                                                            Seat 8: tigerbalm (1435 in chips)
                                                                            Seat 9: kisgali (1500 in chips)
                                                                            tigerbalm: posts small blind 25
                                                                            kisgali: posts big blind 50
                                                                            *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                            Dealt to ionapaul [Qc Qh]
                                                                            alexkjell: raises 50 to 100
                                                                            ionapaul: raises 250 to 350
                                                                            FBorges: folds
                                                                            linling007: folds
                                                                            TOMSAMBY: folds
                                                                            GER_Timmey: folds
                                                                            lapinrore37: raises 1505 to 1855 and is all-in
                                                                            tigerbalm: folds
                                                                            kisgali: folds
                                                                            alexkjell: calls 1400 and is all-in
                                                                            ionapaul: calls 1140 and is all-in
                                                                            Uncalled bet (355) returned to lapinrore37
                                                                            *** FLOP *** [Ks 4h 3d]
                                                                            *** TURN *** [Ks 4h 3d] [Ts]
                                                                            *** RIVER *** [Ks 4h 3d Ts] [Th]
                                                                            *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                            alexkjell: shows [Qs Td] (three of a kind, Tens)
                                                                            lapinrore37: shows [7s 7h] (two pair, Tens and Sevens)
                                                                            alexkjell collected 20 from side pot
                                                                            ionapaul: shows [Qc Qh] (two pair, Queens and Tens)
                                                                            alexkjell collected 4545 from main pot
                                                                            alexkjell wins the $5 bounty for eliminating ionapaul
                                                                            ionapaul finished the tournament in 304th place
                                                                            *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                            Total pot 4565 Main pot 4545. Side pot 20. | Rake 0
                                                                            Board [Ks 4h 3d Ts Th]
                                                                            Seat 1: alexkjell showed [Qs Td] and won (4565) with three of a kind, Tens
                                                                            Seat 2: ionapaul showed [Qc Qh] and lost with two pair, Queens and Tens
                                                                            Seat 3: FBorges folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                            Seat 4: linling007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                            Seat 5: TOMSAMBY folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                            Seat 6: GER_Timmey folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                            Seat 7: lapinrore37 (button) showed [7s 7h] and lost with two pair, Tens and Sevens
                                                                            Seat 8: tigerbalm (small blind) folded before Flop
                                                                            Seat 9: kisgali (big blind) folded before Flop

Feck me, the lad is almost out already, the blinds are only 50/100 now!

Comment

Damn, I thought the Super 14s(actually 15s now) was back this week. Depressing to have to wait another week for it.
                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Jesus Iona, u were virtually drawing dead after the flop

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Ireland's 02 WC game against Spain on ESPN classic now. Oh the pain! It's funny when your watching something that's over 9 years but a little part of you still thinks the result can change.
                                                                                  Given HAS to save that Mendieta penalty eventually surely...How does it go in!?
                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I fucking despise Shane O Donoghue. His agent should be awarded a medal.

Comment

France -2 is 10/11. Am I missing something here, or is this a lump job?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                        Given HAS to save that Mendieta penalty eventually surely...How does it go in!?
                                                                                        Almost all of our missed penalties were ridic far from the corner IIRC. Sick thing is Casillas doesn't really get anywhere near the ones that go close to the corner, he barely moves for any and steal saves a couple.

Comment

Sigh we're out.

Forgot how good Duffer was in his pomp!
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Almost all of our missed penalties were ridic far from the corner IIRC. Sick thing is Casillas doesn't really get anywhere near the ones that go close to the corner, he barely moves for any and steal saves a couple.
                                                                                            Yeah, and in fairness, when you look at David Connolly and Kevin Kilbane stepping up it's perhaps not that shocking it ended up like this...

Frisk was a quality ref too, that last minute penalty decision was incredibly brave and very few refs would have given it. Shame it ended up the way it did for him.
                                                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Funniest headline ever

Sinn Fein Calls for more Gardai

Comment

I'd rather see Reddan get a go.

Comment

I'd rather give it a shot myself than TOL, I played 9 in school, captained the junior thirds.

Probably give it a good go compare to that waster anyway.

Reddan/stringer both way preferrable to him!

Comment

I'd rather give it a shot myself than TOL, I played 9 in school, captained the junior thirds.

Probably give it a good go compare to that waster anyway.

Reddan/stringer both way preferrable to him!
                                                                                                    Dont forget Issac Boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                      How depressing is it that in my constituency voting on boards.ie 49% of the first choice preference votes have gone to Roisin Shortall & Dessie Ellis.

Labour and SF it is then!!

Overall FGT have 32% of the first preference vote with Labour second on 25%
                                                                                                      FG wont get a seat, it's one lab one sf and a flip between pat and the second lab for the third seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                        Dont forget Issac Boss.
                                                                                                        Not the right game for him IMO, Italian game would've suited him, but French too good to get sucked in by his fringe play.

He's just a cloned TOL with a better pass and even worse kicking, but has been playing better than him alright!

Comment

was overcomplicating that automatic downloader I was talking about last night. simplified the feed in, and using the filters to only pull the shows I want, seems to be running well now, with the added bonus of setting it to DL ANY dvd screener that surfaces..
                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Maybe this was who Eagle Eye was thinking of?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okHGCz6xxiw[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                              was overcomplicating that automatic downloader I was talking about last night. simplified the feed in, and using the filters to only pull the shows I want, seems to be running well now, with the added bonus of setting it to DL ANY dvd screener that surfaces..
                                                                                                              Gis a screencap of how you set it up please and thank you

Comment

Not the right game for him IMO, Italian game would've suited him, but French too good to get sucked in by his fringe play.

He's just a cloned TOL with a better pass and even worse kicking, but has been playing better than him alright!
                                                                                                                Sorry I stuck in the wink face to try and show I was messing, he would get crucified by the french indeed. Has had a good season tho. I would have had a preference for Reddan as we should be playing injuries aside our first choice 15 for the WC. Kidney is smart enough to know this so maybe he is planning on using TOL all the way through. reason I would go with Reddan is he is playing with sexton and our best back row setup every week so should have better communication setup I know you cant just run with this and a fully fit Ferris will feature for us during the summer. Stringer as the professional he is obv can play off them no probs also but TOL im not a fan of at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                  You did a bit of looking into standard media players when you were researching building your own I assume?

Any idea what would be a good pick in the 100-150 range?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    Maybe this was who Eagle Eye was thinking of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okHGCz6xxiw
                                                                                                                    I fucking hated that bitch
                                                                                                                    but she was a machine at PM's questions *and the likes
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 09-02-11, 17:11. Reason: *I know that is her final speech :)

Comment

For anyone interested, Sporting Fingal have pulled out of the Setanta Cup and there's currently crisis meetings going on where apparently Buckley told the players the situation is grim. So further to what was discussed earlier it really looks like the end is very very near for Fingal, could be news in the next day or two.

Actually it just broke on twitter via Tony O'Donoghue the players contracts have all been terminated, so it looks like either turn amateur and get hammered every week or wind up, and given their lack of support if they went the first way there'd really be no recovery so I'd expect this so be official very soon. Always sad to see an LOI club in this kind of shape, but the stupidity of the project and sheer inevitability of this makes me feel far less sympathy than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                        For anyone interested, Sporting Fingal have pulled out of the Setanta Cup and there's currently crisis meetings going on where apparently Buckley told the players the situation is grim. So further to what was discussed earlier it really looks like the end is very very near for Fingal, could be news in the next day or two.

Actually it just broke on twitter via Tony O'Donoghue the players contracts have all been terminated, so it looks like either turn amateur and get hammered every week or wind up, and given their lack of support if they went the first way there'd really be no recovery so I'd expect this so be official very soon. Always sad to see an LOI club in this kind of shape, but the stupidity of the project and sheer inevitability of this makes me feel far less sympathy than usual.
                                                                                                                        If they had gone along the lines of the Wexford route they might have had a chance

letting kids in for free as they were, with a small wages outlay, in a few years they MIGHT have had a base!?

Comment

You did a bit of looking into standard media players when you were researching building your own I assume?

Any idea what would be a good pick in the 100-150 range?
                                                                                                                          This question is open to everyone obv...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X