This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aodea View Post
    When you going to the Homeland? sure you may aswell apply for citeznship while there and become mr. America. Like Big Dev keep your nose out of Irish Politics. Also Check your mail.
    I'm off on the 19th.

Did you read any of those books?
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      Also going to miss the fun of this election result - likely to be the most dramatic in some time.
      in what terms?

next government's makeup is already known and they'll have a huge majority. FF's collapse is not exactly going to be 'dramatic' in terms of being a surprise. No new political force is going to emerge as a power in the land.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
        But all the candidates are the same, vote for someone not in one of the clone parties and they're not going to be able to do anything anyway, as RD said yesterday whats the point in voting for an independant.
        If they are the strongest candidate in your area or in other words Shane Ross than a vote for an independant is worth while. in most cases independants are terrible ie. the Heally Rae debacle or best kept for Euro elections. Not a good stance to take but I think having your local TD's as members of the party in power rather than opposition should allow them to actually get stuff done for your area. Jackie as much as I dislike him was able to swing a lot for his area as he had a powerfull vote in the Dail since he held the balance of power to a certain extent.
        On the whole dont use your vote idea personally I have always voted here and in Scotland before hand but my feelings on it are that you have the right to vote and not the obligation. Non voters should not whinge nearly as much as they do and I have found amongst my friends that the one who gripe most generally dont vote or have any idea whats going on.

Comment

Woops

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            what happens to a balloon when you stab it with a knife?

The answer depends on if it's inflated or not.

I get Hotspurs point on the voting
            however as Spock said, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. SO in order to get the right mix into power
            you need to vote. If you have no favour well then for you your vote doesn't matter. I see nothing to vote for out there so will exercise my vote by punching each canvasser on the jaw as they come calling. The strongest Jaw will receive my vote. If it's a female it will be a kick in the Gee.

Comment

on a side note I also like to intense voter appathy as it gives my vote a disproptionate weight. I think turns out will be much higher this time round as people turn out to stick it to the man and vote SF, Labour and other semi communist parties. Delighted about how many people are so short sighted on this idea but I think that most people will bottle it once they hit the station and vote FG and to a lesser extent FF

Comment

just on the voting thing, they have compulsory voting in Belgium and it's a fucking mess politically

the poor old king is basically running the place at the moment

Comment

just on the voting thing, they have compulsory voting in Belgium and it's a fucking mess politically

the poor old king is basically running the place at the moment
                  perhaps we should look into the old hill of tara bloodlines and see who is in line. We also seem to be in a mess politically.

Comment

I'm off on the 19th.

Did you read any of those books?
                    half way through the Big Short. Its very enjoyable, easy old read as per with him. You figure out Superbowl plans yet?

Comment

Bed time. Exam went shit. At least they're over now and I'm just over a month from finishing college for goot (provided I managed to scrape a pass ) Might drink later. Might noy. Getting old ldo.

G'nite
                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

bleh, just saw on RTRS that S&P have downgraded us again

Brian Lenihan's 'plan' working out brilliantly. Remember to ask FF canvassers about this tonight and also the 50bn ELA program at the Central Bank. The answers should be, eh, revealing.

Comment

What a man!

Cliffs 1 man fights off 40 robbers and saves a girl from attack.

POD over there

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kxOBrJQxS4&feature=email[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                              What a man!

Cliffs 1 man fights off 40 robbers and saves a girl from attack.

POD over there
                              This comment made me lol though:

I am an EMS trainer and would like to send this man a trauma bag or some other first aid equipment to thank him for his heroism. Please let me know how I can track him down to ship this to him from Canada. YT, Jesse Beckow, A-EMCA
                              Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

in what terms?

next government's makeup is already known and they'll have a huge majority. FF's collapse is not exactly going to be 'dramatic' in terms of being a surprise. No new political force is going to emerge as a power in the land.
                                - fallout from a total collapse of the most powerful political party in the history of the state;
                                - a change of government is interesting in of itself in that it happens less often than not;
                                - possibility of seats won by some of the smaller leftist party;
                                - Sinn Feinn to either scare the middle class or draw derision from usual media outlets;
                                - a number of well known faces likely to be in battles of their lives to hold onto seats;

Do I need more than that?
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

half way through the Big Short. Its very enjoyable, easy old read as per with him. You figure out Superbowl plans yet?
                                  Come over to mine and we'll laugh at the superbowl commercials!

Comment

The Carling Nations Trophy

Comment

Are we ever going to get the finger out and organise the next IPB session?

Comment

Come over to mine and we'll laugh at the superbowl commercials!
                                        Sounds like a plan will be up in Warrenpoint for the weekend but back early sunday for some super bowlage. Think ill be Greenbay. Beers will also be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          Hold it in Wexford imo

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                            Hold it in Wexford imo
                                            in the stores for extra sweat-boxiness

Comment

[QUOTE=CHD;246601]The Carling Nations Trophy

Love it. hopefully Ireland can win this with home advantage and all that. Will this be yearly? if it is will next year be held in Wales or Scotland or even god forbid belfast? Rumours of England maybe partaking but cant see it as there a big draw for Friendlies.

Comment

Being an 'Irish Citizen' has many many benefits that we now consider automatic rights. e.g. rights under the constitution,freedom of expression,the right to protest,religious freedom,trade union membership,the right to strike,the right to a fair trial and the right to select the the individuals we want to govern.

Some people would say that because you pay taxes,you're entitled to all these things anyway but in a civilised society,whether you choose to contribute or not,you still have the benefit of all these protections.

All the things listed above do not come automatically ( see SP's countries where the citizens can't vote freely),they come as part of a (imperfect) democratic package.If you think these freedoms are worth holding onto,you have an obligation to maintain the system by voting.It's the cost of having those freedoms.
                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  Good jesus, im going to have to download a subtitles track for this !

Only Gill I think can understand that deep Glasgow accent, being Scottish, not inferring she is from the rough part....lol.....I thought Snoop was hard to understand !!
                                                  I struggle with it myself sometimes and hate the rough Glasgow accents.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                  She's from the rough part alright
                                                  Cheeky fcucker! I am no Mary Doll lol

Comment

Sounds like a plan will be up in Warrenpoint for the weekend but back early sunday for some super bowlage. Think ill be Greenbay. Beers will also be needed.
                                                    I'll pick you up a couple of these if you like:

That's what I'll be drinking.

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Love it. hopefully Ireland can win this with home advantage and all that. Will this be yearly? if it is will next year be held in Wales or Scotland or even god forbid belfast? Rumours of England maybe partaking but cant see it as there a big draw for Friendlies.
                                                        Every 2 I think so they can accommodate qualifying fixtures. It will be hosted by each country in their stadium, not sure who is next but as its in 2013 England will muscle in to do something for their 150th anniversary.

Comment

I tried!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                            I tried!
                                                            Not hard enough. Build it and they will come.

Comment

man hanging out of a fourth floor window let off fireworks while full of beer shouldn't be allowed due to havin to much fun!

Comment

Final final call for the IPB Heads Up League. We'll be kicking off soon. Frr money and lots of fish. What more can you want!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                  I struggle with it myself sometimes and hate the rough Glasgow accents.

Cheeky fcucker! I am no Mary Doll lol
                                                                  Over 3 years and i've never heard of a Mary Doll let alone know what one is! I didn't mean you from a rough area, just taking the piss with Ole

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                    Final final call for the IPB Heads Up League. We'll be kicking off soon. Frr money and lots of fish. What more can you want!

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...650#post246650

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      Not hard enough. Build it and they will come.
                                                                      We should have it in your home town of Bray imo.

Comment

Bad news Lloyd, postal voting is very restricted. If you are out of the country by choice, you basically can't vote
                                                                        There was a big rant thread on boards recently about people who left Ireland to get work not getting a vote. Here in Oz only those who work in the embassy get a vote (unless they've changed it in the last few weeks)

So anyone not bothered to vote, at least you get an option

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjl8OIZijjY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjl8OIZijjY[/ame]

Comment

Any Xbox360 users here, where do ye buy Xbox live subscriptions from?

I hear you can get them cheaper from sources other than microsoft?

Comment

- fallout from a total collapse of the most powerful political party in the history of the state;
                                                                              - a change of government is interesting in of itself in that it happens less often than not;
                                                                              - possibility of seats won by some of the smaller leftist party;
                                                                              - Sinn Feinn to either scare the middle class or draw derision from usual media outlets;
                                                                              - a number of well known faces likely to be in battles of their lives to hold onto seats;

Do I need more than that?
                                                                              yes

this stuff in itself is 'interesting'. It's not that 'dramatic'.

Comment

Re: Chad Brown Series Jan 21-31 Jax FL

1st Corey Burbick $101,070 + $7,500 NAPT Package
                                                                                2nd Chad Brown $64,820
                                                                                3rd James Slattery $42,135
                                                                                4th Dermot Blain $29,170
                                                                                5th Shaun Deeb $22,690
                                                                                6th John O'Shea $17,830
                                                                                7th Dennis Bergeron $14,585
                                                                                8th Sean Winter $12,960
                                                                                9th Robbin Ulrey $11,340

2 lads are going very well.
                                                                                Dave O Callaghan is with them and he has already had a couple of FT including 1 win.
                                                                                twitter
                                                                                moneybookers

Comment

Megasin linked to Amazon for a 36 buck subscription.

Comment

Question: Is not voting at all a better option than voting when you are making an uninformed decision?

I ask because some people are as deep as the Mariana Trench and just vote the same way over and over again, generation after generation for selfish reasons. I know a few of these families from Donegal that would always say to me if you want to have a protest vote then don't vote at all. They are most likely saying this cause they are dragging every member of their extended family to the polling station and telling them what to put on the card. Sure how can you compete against that?

Comment

We should have it in your home town of Bray imo.
                                                                                      I do not live in Bray.

Comment

I'll pick you up a couple of these if you like:

That's what I'll be drinking.
                                                                                        Any nice? they have it in a local offy buy its redic expensive.

Comment

They are €50 in Tesco afaik and €60 from xbox.

Comment

Wandering round DLR at lunch and see all the Ivana Bacik posters up, she reminds me a lot of the actress in extras that has cerebal palsy, Francesa Martinez!! Can't find the clip from Extras

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              I do not live in Bray.
                                                                                              We would still like you *if* (wink wink) you lived in Bray.I understand.

Comment

Megasin linked to Amazon for a 36 buck subscription.
                                                                                                Link to link?

Comment

We would still like you *if* (wink wink) you lived in Bray.I understand.
                                                                                                  I would not like me if I lived there.

Comment

OK nerds (maybe not the best way to start asking for help but hey),

I eventually set up my new Acer 3610 and hooked it up to my Sony Bravia tv via HDMI cable. I've removed most of the bloatware crap and got it hooked up to my wireless network too for net access. This stretches the limits of my technical expertise.

I haven't installed anything HTPC-related yet like XMBC or indeed anything at all.

I have been experimenting with playing video files on it. It has an NVidia graphics thingy which is supposed to be the nuts.
                                                                                                    However, when I try and play an .xvid (i.e. downloaded) episode of Mad Men on it, the picture simply isn't great. It's not the .xvid file because it plays on my laptop perfectly. My TV seems fine too for normal programming.

So it's either the settings on my Acer on else on my TV. Any ideas what I should do to fix this? Best suggestion gets half my action on the Labour seats bet with Armani Jeans

Comment

I eventually set up my new Acer 3610 and hooked it up to my Sony Bravia tv via HDMI cable. I've removed most of the bloatware crap and got it hooked up to my wireless network too for net access. This stretches the limits of my technical expertise.

I haven't installed anything HTPC-related yet like XMBC or indeed anything at all.

I have been experimenting with playing video files on it. It has an NVidia graphics thingy which is supposed to be the nuts.
                                                                                                      However, when I try and play an .xvid (i.e. downloaded) episode of Mad Men on it, the picture simply isn't great. It's not the .xvid file because it plays on my laptop perfectly. My TV seems fine too for normal programming.

So it's either the settings on my Acer on else on my TV. Any ideas what I should do to fix this? Best suggestion gets half my action on the Labour seats bet with Armani Jeans
                                                                                                      The file probably is the problem.

Just because the quality looks good on a laptop screen doesn't mean it's HD enough to blow up to a much larger screen.

What size is the file?

Comment

The file probably is the problem.

Just because the quality looks good on a laptop screen doesn't mean it's HD enough to blow up to a much larger screen.

What size is the file?
                                                                                                        I'm not at home but I think it's about 500MB

edit to say I tried a few different video files and same effect on all of them. Some older than others.

Comment

I'm not at home but I think it's about 500MB

edit to say I tried a few different video files and same effect on all of them. Some older than others.
                                                                                                          I'd suggest trying to download a file that you know for sure is full 1080p and see how that looks.

Try hd-bb.org

Comment

No, I do believe "Nerds" is the correct nomenclature

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                              !

Comment

I'd suggest trying to download a file that you know for sure is full 1080p and see how that looks.

Try hd-bb.org
                                                                                                                what's the difference between 1080p and 720p? my tv was saying something about 720p in the top corner when I turn on the Acer.

noob question I know

Comment

what's the difference between 1080p and 720p? my tv was saying something about 720p in the top corner when I turn on the Acer.

noob question I know
                                                                                                                  They're just different levels of picture clarity, 1080 is better than 720, but if your TV can only display 720 then there's no real point giving it a 1080 video afaik.

Did your TV say HD-Ready of Full-HD when you bought it? HD-Ready = 720p, Full-HD=1080p.

Comment

They're just different levels of picture clarity, 1080 is better than 720, but if your TV can only display 720 then there's no real point giving it a 1080 video afaik.

Did your TV say HD-Ready of Full-HD when you bought it? HD-Ready = 720p, Full-HD=1080p.
                                                                                                                    HD Ready I think

would it be as simple as that? I'm trying to play 1080 files on a 720 TV?

Comment

Any nice? they have it in a local offy buy its redic expensive.
                                                                                                                      Very, very nice imo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                        No, I do believe "Nerds" is the correct nomenclature
                                                                                                                        we prefer "internet shut-ins" or "basement virgins", tyvm.

I'd say the rip isn't of high enough quality for full 1080p
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Switch if off and back on again. That should do it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X