Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Idiot Abroad : Season 2 looks like its going to happen.

Karl Pilkington appeared on The Richard Bacon show on BBC 5live this afternoon to exclusively announce that a second series of An Idiot Abroad would be filmed and broadcast this year. The new series will feature Karl travelling the globe to take part in activities that are considered 'things you should do before you die' otherwise known as A Bucket List. There are few other details available at present, but you can listen to all of them [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCDQDp7bpHs"]here[/ame] and remember to check out the Pilkipedia website and forum for further developments as they happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
      Suppose if there's no other option. But €29.99 + landline is ridiculous to pay for 30gb. 30gb on the Meteor dongle billpay is just €25 and probably has better speeds, plus you can bring it about with you.
      last post before bed!

Meteor are the same company, just a dog with different fleas as they say.

You won't be getting comparable speeds on mobile for the most part although that is changing (they've proven speeds of 43Mb in tests in Sweden) but you couldn't use mobile broadband for online gaming for example. Even if the speeds were as good and consistent the latency is terrible.

I also think you can get mobile broadband with 3 for €9.99 a month if you're really looking for a value proposition, no idea what the quality is like mind you.
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

solid choice of headphones imo

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
          IonaPaul is from Tuam i think tis a desolate kip but probably has 5 or 6 supermacs with 5 euro snackboxes on offer.
          Its 18 19 miles from Tuam to galway city by way of the N 17 also a catchy song about emmigration by the ;saw doctors.
          Lol

Also, on episode 6 of community and it's finally delivered

Gnight everybody

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            NEDS time !!
            Good jesus, im going to have to download a subtitles track for this !

Only Gill I think can understand that deep Glasgow accent, being Scottish, not inferring she is from the rough part....lol.....I thought Snoop was hard to understand !!
            This too shall pass.

Comment

This one goes out to CHD.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehOI3R5OdmI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                There's no charging mechanism in place on the legacy products. I could explain why but I'd most likely bore you, and most definitely bore myself
                Is this why i cant get usage stats on my 3Mb package ?

For you, not me, if you can give a brief explanation why i would appreciate it, no rush by the way, at your ease !
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Last four months on Eircom have downloaded 300gb, 191gb, 200gb and 156gb.

Dont think i got hit for any extra money so far anyway.
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Good jesus, im going to have to download a subtitles track for this !

Only Gill I think can understand that deep Glasgow accent, being Scottish, not inferring she is from the rough part....lol.....I thought Snoop was hard to understand !!
                    She's from the rough part alright

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                      IonaPaul is from Tuam i think tis a desolate kip but probably has 5 or 6 supermacs with 5 euro snackboxes on offer.
                      Its 18 19 miles from Tuam to galway city by way of the N 17 also a catchy song about emmigration by the ;saw doctors.
                      Accusing a Galwegian of being from Tuam is one of the worst insults possible I'm from Knocknacarra in Galway city, not a god-forsaken place like Tuam. I felt I needed to clear that up!

Comment

Ugh, just called off half my stack with QQ v KK for CL in 8k GTD
                        Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

LOL at the hero fold with 1.5bbs left behind

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($13.23)
                          BB ($14.05)
                          Hero (UTG) ($33.19)
                          MP ($16.48)
                          CO ($10)
                          Button ($10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, J
                          Hero bets $0.35, 1 fold, CO calls $0.35, 1 fold, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.40) A, J, 5 (4 players)
                          SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.05, 2 folds, BB calls $1.05

Turn: ($3.50) 7 (2 players)
                          BB checks, Hero bets $2.70, BB calls $2.70

River: ($8.90) Q (2 players)
                          BB bets $9.80, Hero raises $19.60, 1 fold

Total pot: $28.50

Results:
                          Hero had K, J (flush, Ace high).
                          Outcome: Hero won $36.40

good for the redline

Comment

Serious amount of BBV posts today. Has to be close to the record amount??
                            Profit before people.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgyqM3SBAvE[/ame]

LOL, So bitter.

Comment

Isildur won $250k playing 25/50 PLO last night. How is that even possible!
                                The latest news articles and updates from the poker world. Find breakthrough features, opinion pieces and in-depth interviews from around the globe.
                                http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Loving the quirkiness of this Beatles track, very Dylanesque imo.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also, why you wear my badge icky ?
                                  Going to interrupt my movie to repost this, cant get it out of my head !!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRH7_Kd5Yc[/ame]

Fuck it, movie getting good also.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JizRCGiwxVs&feature=fvsr[/ame]

For fans of the smaller breasted women that didnt wear bras back in the day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZcK48cTiU[/ame]

Why not indulge myself, also for Rob.
                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqiPy99yTCo[/ame]
                                  Last edited by oleras; 02-02-11, 01:57.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Feels so good to have a winning session after moving up in stakes. Everything seemed to work.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($50.75)
                                    UTG ($67.15)
                                    MP ($50)
                                    Hero (Button) ($54.80)
                                    SB ($76.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 4
                                    2 folds, Hero bets $1.25, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75) A, 3, 8 (2 players)
                                    BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.75) 6 (2 players)
                                    BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB calls $4

River: ($13.75) 6 (2 players)
                                    BB checks, Hero bets $15.50, 1 fold

Total pot: $13.75 | Rake: $0.65

Results:
                                    Hero didn't show 7, 4 (nothing).
                                    Outcome: Hero won $13.10

Comment

Blom’s main opponent was CardRunners instructor Mike "gordo16" Gorodinsky. In just over 2,000 hands of PLO Blom was able to extract $159k from the online pro
                                      ouch, dropping 32 buy-ins in one session is sick, 2000 isn't really a huge session multi-tabling heads-up

gordo16 had the dubious honor of being the night’s biggest donator dropping $161k. Also in the red were OnTheRize (-$90k), Sphinx87 (-$69k) and Harrington10 (-$61k).
                                      I just checked the rankigns as of now, harringtion10 is on top with isildur with 250k in the last 24h (obv the article gets dated quickly)

Who is Harrington10?
                                      Last edited by Mellor; 02-02-11, 01:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                        ouch, dropping 32 buy-ins in one session is sick, 2000 isn't really a huge session multi-tabling heads-up

I just checked the rankigns as of now, harringtion10 is on top with isildur with 250k in the last 24h (obv the article gets dated quickly)

Who is Harrington10?
                                        Isi must have ran like God. 32 bi over 2k hands is a shocker.
                                        Harrington10 is Jared Blesnick. Plays cap 500-1000 PLO a lot. Nerd with no friends (he admits this himself). All around douche but solid PLO player and regular winner.

Comment

Just watching the Million Dollar Cash Game on SS

Ziigmund decided to go home after ending up down $475 for the game, one lucky fish still in the game

Benyamine straddles to $1200 with K9s, Elezra calls $1200 in MP, Smith makes it $7600 from BB with AA. Benyamine and Elezra both call

Flop is J106r and Smith leads out $16,200. Benyamine folds and Elezra snapcalls.
                                          Turn is another 10r and Smith ships for $62k and Elezra snaps with the mighty 104s. He really must be a dream to have in the game

Comment

Yeah, google threw up that name, any links to anything of note on him?
                                            all i found was a link from 2 or 3 years ago when he had a bit of a tiff with Negreanu and HU4Rz was mentioned, but he was self-banned from 100/200PLO and above, obviously moved up since then.

32 BIs dropped in a single sessinop makes me feel better about havng a bad week and wiping out jans profit

Comment

What episode is it on on Sky sports atm?

Havent seen ep3 or 4 but watching ep 5 on pokertube atm.

Comment

Rocky Racoon is a tune, used to love it when I was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  Lol

Also, on episode 6 of community and it's finally delivered

Gnight everybody
                                                  I was ready to dump Community after the 1st few episodes as I thought it was quite poor - lazy hack writing and unoriginal and repetitive "guy hitting on girl who doesn't like him" story taking up a large part of each episode.

But because people here like it so much I investigated further and consensus seems to be that it hits its stride and gets good in the 2nd half of the 1st season (which is 25 episodes long). So I'm sticking with it for now.

I will say however that the number of episodes lead written by a female writer is quite high. This is usually a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                    What episode is it on on Sky sports atm?

Havent seen ep3 or 4 but watching ep 5 on pokertube atm.
                                                    Haven't watched pokertube in a while. Gus Hansen replaced Ziigmund so you're watching a later one if Gus is in it

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                      Haven't watched pokertube in a while. Gus Hansen replaced Ziigmund so you're watching a later one if Gus is in it
                                                      Nope Zig is still there.

Comment

Just noticed that Sky have swapped a lot of their normal channels with their HD versions in the TV guide which is all good because most of them get lost way down the list and i can't be arsed looking for them

Comment

Nope Zig is still there.
                                                          Probably this episode so. He plays a 99 hand v Benyamine AA and then 33 v Benyamines A9

Comment

Yeah, google threw up that name, any links to anything of note on him?
                                                            all i found was a link from 2 or 3 years ago when he had a bit of a tiff with Negreanu and HU4Rz was mentioned, but he was self-banned from 100/200PLO and above, obviously moved up since then.

32 BIs dropped in a single sessinop makes me feel better about havng a bad week and wiping out jans profit
                                                            Yeah I've had a pretty shitty 2011 tbh but lol at whoever that dude is.

Lol HU4Rz. Fucking children. Yeah none of the online guys respect him cos he doesnt post on 2 2 and the live/online guys (Ivey,Gus,PA,Durrr etc) think hes a social retard which he seems to be. Has no live cashes above 4 figures but routinely plays PA heads up PLO $500-$1000 and showed a pretty massive profit last year afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              Probably this episode so. He plays a 99 hand v Benyamine AA and then 33 v Benyamines A9
                                                              thats the one. up on pokertube very quick.

Comment

thats the one. up on pokertube very quick.
                                                                I think it was OPR who posted a link a while ago of future episodes so they're knocking around somewhere. Just gonna wait and catch them on SS myself

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                                                  Yeah I've had a pretty shitty 2011 tbh but lol at whoever that dude is.

Lol HU4Rz. Fucking children. Yeah none of the online guys respect him cos he doesnt post on 2 2 and the live/online guys (Ivey,Gus,PA,Durrr etc) think hes a social retard which he seems to be. Has no live cashes above 4 figures but routinely plays PA heads up PLO $500-$1000 and showed a pretty massive profit last year afaik.
                                                                  i played wiht him, seemed like a wanker, but certainly knows how to play poker.

Comment

The fact that he's socially retarded is irrelevant imo. So what really?
                                                                    As is the live cashes, cleary isn't a tourney player by OPR stats.

Career valley june 2010, in a little over 6 months he has won over $1million. Good stats by any standard imo

pokertableratings.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, pokertableratings.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

The fact that he's socially retarded is irrelevant imo.So what really?
                                                                      As is the live cashes, cleary isn't a tourney player by OPR stats.

Career valley june 2010, in a little over 6 months he has won over $1million. Good stats by any standard imo

http://www.pokertableratings.com/sta...h/harrington10
                                                                      I don't care about the dudes social skills just giving you some info that I knew on the dude. Yeah he's been raping them cap games but hes has a reputation for hit and runs.

From Phil Galfonds Twitter:
                                                                      Running bad v Harrington25. Worst part is if I make half of it back, he'll quit. Can't get even.
                                                                      But sure I wouldn't care too much what my peers think if I made over $1m.

Comment

comes across quite well tbh

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                          Yeah I remember seeing that and thinking the same. He just constantly gets called a retard etc by people he plays with online. There's tonnes of scripts of chat from the FTP chat box that HSDB post where he's literally just getting an awful time.

Seems unjustified imo.

Comment

I don't care about the dudes social skills just giving you some info that I knew on the dude. Yeah he's been raping them cap games but hes has a reputation for hit and runs.
                                                                            Ah, wasn't talking about you. Imeant the 2+2 clique, sort of a pot/kettle/black situation.

But sure I wouldn't care too much what my peers think if I made over $1m.
                                                                            i wouldn't care what anyone thought, family included. If i was clearing those figures.

Hit and runs do annoy me, mostly because if i drop 2 BIs to a guy heads up, and get one back. I'm happier playing 200BB deep as they might not adjust properly.
                                                                            Rather than "I want my chips back", there's always a table to sit at.

Comment

Comment

Hit and runs do annoy me, mostly because if i drop 2 BIs to a guy heads up, and get one back. I'm happier playing 200BB deep as they might not adjust properly.Rather than "I want my chips back", there's always a table to sit at.
                                                                                Thats probably why he plays Cap PLO. If he's winning a couple bi's and loses some capped pots he can bail no matter how deep he is.

Hit and runs do annoy me though. Some dude gave me the "I've gotta catch a fight" speech after spiking a gutshot with 53 v my AK in Vegas for a $700 pot. The only thing that was kinda cool was this real old-timey Vegas grinder said to the guy, "If you have any respect you'll give that kid his money back."

Obviously he didn't.

Comment

Eircom are so so bad. Despite living in the "information age town" (an initiative 10 years ago or so to make Ennis the leaders in IT @ home), the best speed we can get is 1MB through Eircom.

They rang up the other day saying that so we cant to upgrade our package to a faster speed, so that we wouldn't go over our download limit. The previous month, we had been charged for downloading 12gb, just above the 10gb limit.

I asked why is the limit so low, all she said is if we get a faster speed we can have a higher limit, despite the line not being capable of receiving more than 1MB. So frustrating. Plus UPC have said it will be a long time before they will have a service in Ennis.

Is we go back to the old generation bb, will it be uncapped? I do not notice a difference between OGB and NGB tbh, they're all crap.

Comment

Had a busy day, woke up early but by 5 could barley keep my eyes open. Fought through it and asleep by about midnight, woke at 1 and still fresh as a daisy.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                      Comes across very humble about the whole thing, said he was lucky when it mattered, very down to earth about his ability (vrs top guys) and reasons for playing short games.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        There are people around the world who are denied the right of gay civil partnerships. Doesn't mean I should hook up with a gay dude and get one.
                                                                                        I don't see how that analogy stands up at all.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comes across very humble about the whole thing, said he was lucky when it mattered, very down to earth about his ability (vrs top guys) and reasons for playing short games.
                                                                                          Just watched it myself. You're spot on tbf. He speaks well and knows his limitations which is rare for the top players. Realises he's a dog when it's deep stacked and makes the most of his skill set.
                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Quick question, is there and thread on here, maybe the technology forum, that details poker software set-ups?

I haven't been playing much online since travelling, basic didn't bring my laptop. So anytime i get an online game its just a quick spin in a internet cafe or whatever.
                                                                                            i'm prob gonna get a more long term place soon, so i'll prob get laptop sort, plus decent internet connection. What sort of stuff should i be looking at, as its not an area of the game I've considered in a long time.

I'm thinking HEM and pokerstove. Is there a need for much else.
                                                                                            I seen various apps for HEM, but they just look like commmercial versions of AHK. Is AHK still useful, haven't seen it mentioned in a long time.

Comment

Table ninja is a must for stars or tilt mass multi tabling.

Also Id get the table scanner for HM.

The HM forum has a few decent HUD setups too.

Comment

What exactly is table ninja, had a quick look just looked it was a paid AHK set u for stars, must go back and check properly. It's not exactly cheap, but my cousins might have a copy

The scanner looks good, if it does what it says on the tin

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  btw folks anyone who is on Eircom should be aware they have started to charge for anything over the allocated amount in your package at some ridiculous rate.

The have always "reserve the right to charge" but this is the first month ever they seem to be enforcing it on people. Bit sly of them not to inform people!

Opr
                                                                                                  Yikes - If that includes the holidays when everyone was home I'm going to be having a major row with them.
                                                                                                  Are you sure that that is for everyone and not just for people who were switched to the 'next gen' thing they are advertising?

Edit: I think Iago answered this and thts the way it is.

As I don't tend to stream live but I always exceed whatever limit I'm given I'm probably better off sticking with Eircon's 3Mb as I can do just about everything I want at these speeds.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 02-02-11, 06:39.

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLFOpQbtC5c[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                        @Flushdraw - There's also a usage meter you can download to your desktop. Follow Opr's link and it's on the right hand side of the page. It runs from your taskbar and updates every few hours or so.
                                                                                                        This is the important to have,it puts a banner up that you can't miss at 87% usage.

Consumers want broadband for next to nothing, and that's fine as it's really a commodity now anyway, but the only way that can be delivered is by charging more money the more data you use. It's the only model that works from a service provider point of view.
                                                                                                        Not sure about this part,I'd say most users just want to it to be fair,compared to the rest of Europe say.

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                        Is it Groundhog Day? yay,Happy GH Day.
                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          To be fair to Eircom they actually rang me up to suggest that I download their usage meter after I had gone over the limit for 2/3 months (which I had no idea they were implementing, or that my speed had increased by a multiple).
                                                                                                          Yeah, Vodafone rang me about it too, telling me I've been going over my usage on average and do I want to buy some add-on or whatever, I can't remember what I chose, but I think my allowance is 80GB a month now and I average 60-75 I think so should be good.
                                                                                                          There's no charging mechanism in place on the legacy products. I could explain why but I'd most likely bore you, and most definitely bore myself

Suffice to say that only the NGB products have charging for exceeding usage allowances.
                                                                                                          Could this be the same thing Vodafone have done with me, my line is pretty shit, I get charged for a 3Mb line even though my speeds never go really go over 1.5. Could I ask them to put me back on one of these legacy products and get rid of the add-on allowance I have or is that just available with Eircom??

Comment

I've no idea what the context of this pic is but it makes me glad I've no interest in chavball.
                                                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

hey everyone they got the IPB in china! Sweet

Comment

G'mornin'

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                  G'mornin'
                                                                                                                  good evening

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post

I've no idea what the context of this pic is but it makes me glad I've no interest in chavball.
                                                                                                                    What they are doing is belting out the Bon Jovi classic ''Always'' they are in the middle of the line ''And I will love you, baby - Always ''. Just some harmless fun.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                      G'mornin'
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                                      good evening
                                                                                                                      Good Afternoon

Comment

Some shower of personalities in the front row, The girl looking away, the confused foreign kid who's not sure who the player is, the young fan mouthing a blow job to him, the old lad falling asleep and the sly fucker who knows he has Torres wife tied up in the boot of his car.

Comment

NicNicNic has put on a few pounds!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X