This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Villa will beat the scum tonight, i guarantee it.
    Awesome ... more of this please

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Cool article tbh

An excellent way at "fixing" the horrific cronyism and corruption in Irish politics.

Are there any other political models that work for a Republic by the way? Denny I'm hoping you can help!
      Could be the cynic in me but to blame it on a 3 week shortfall is a bit poor, its not as if this election came from the blue, as he said, he has written a book on what is wrong, he could have planned a better strategy if he wanted to imo, even just stick himself down as an independent on the ballot, all talk and no action if you ask me, and i like the guy !
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        We had one show last year but we got kicked off, a girl on the team basically got us sunk . We're not even sure we're getting back on this time.

It was good fun though, the guy I'm doing it with is the guy that was in the blind date clip I posted up before, he's loads of experience and is just phenomenal tbh.

Do you want to do an interview actually? College from the other side
        You have a radio show? Time and dates please. Have to give that a listen.
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

btw folks anyone who is on Eircom should be aware they have started to charge for anything over the allocated amount in your package at some ridiculous rate.

The have always "reserve the right to charge" but this is the first month ever they seem to be enforcing it on people. Bit sly of them not to inform people!

Opr
          Last edited by Opr; 01-02-11, 23:02.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            Could be the cynic in me but to blame it on a 3 week shortfall is a bit poor, its not as if this election came from the blue, as he said, he has written a book on what is wrong, he could have planned a better strategy if he wanted to imo, even just stick himself down as an independent on the ballot, all talk and no action if you ask me, and i like the guy !
            Yup, I'm in no condition to analyze the article bit by bit. Though I thought that argument was particularly lame. Even if they didn't win a single seat, there would still be some debating done. Winning one or two for a new group could provide a balance to the lone Joe Higgins in the Dail.
            And who knows, we could have three general elections this year
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              btw folks anyone who is on Eircom should be aware they have started to charge for anything over the allocated amount in your package at some ridiculous rate.

The have always "reserve the right to charge" but this is the first month ever they seem to be enforcing it on people. Bit sly of them not to inform people!

Opr
              I got charged around an extra €25 for going 10gb over my limit last September. Pretty extortionate.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  Yup, I'm in no condition to analyze the article bit by bit. Though I thought that argument was particularly lame. Even if they didn't win a single seat, there would still be some debating done. Winning one or two for a new group could provide a balance to the lone Joe Higgins in the Dail.
                  And who knows, we could have three general elections this year
                  If you're gonna do it, do it right, or not at all.

Holds true here, making a stand by throwing a half arsed, unprepared race in 10/15 constituencies would probably be counterproductive.

He explains his thinking on it, and though its up to everyone to take what they want from it, I think he's not far off.

Would've been interesting to see if they'd have gotten anywhere if the dates hadn't changed (which I only found out two hours ago)

Comment

i have successfully defended my ipb deepstack homegame title.
                    this week against 15 peops.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                      Do ye not have UPC as an option? circa 200gb download on the 20mb package we've got and no overcharge; plus they also have a 20mb speed option, rather than eircom's fake 8mb offering.
                      I do and I intend to switch. Procrastination has gotten the better of me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        If you're gonna do it, do it right, or not at all.

Holds true here, making a stand by throwing a half arsed, unprepared race in 10/15 constituencies would probably be counterproductive.

He explains his thinking on it, and though its up to everyone to take what they want from it, I think he's not far off.

Would've been interesting to see if they'd have gotten anywhere if the dates hadn't changed (which I only found out two hours ago)
                        To quote some dude who makes excellent crispy duck, "The longest journey begins with a single step", a start is a start, irregardless of size, its this attitude, all talk and no action, making piss poor excuses, actually he is a politician already come to think about it !

meh, he was a good stand (sit) in for Dumphy.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                          I do and I intend to switch. Procrastination has gotten the better of me so far.
                          They are actually offering 100mb speeds now as well
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                            Sounds like a brag

One of the main reasons I haven't switched, apart from procrastination, is that I can only imagine how many tv shows, nba games, etc I'd download if I had a huge limit like that. A small limit keeps me on the straight and narrow so to speak in terms of time spent at the computer.

Comment

To quote some dude who makes excellent crispy duck, "The longest journey begins with a single step", a start is a start, irregardless of size, its this attitude, all talk and no action, making piss poor excuses, actually he is a politician already come to think about it !

meh, he was a good stand (sit) in for Dumphy.
                              honest to god, going around quoting some guy with bad english that works in a takeaway is not good for your rep on here

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Sounds like a brag

One of the main reasons I haven't switched, apart from procrastination, is that I can only imagine how many tv shows, nba games, etc I'd download if I had a huge limit like that. A small limit keeps me on the straight and narrow so to speak in terms of time spent at the computer.
                                Lol

That's like saying I have an ugly girlfriend because if I had a sexy one I'd bang her non-stop and get nothing done.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                  honest to god, going around quoting some guy with bad english that works in a takeaway is not good for your rep on here
                                  What can you do, bloody foreigners !!
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Opr
                                    yes they did

I got charged around an extra €25 for going 10gb over my limit last September. Pretty extortionate.
                                    at the most it would have been €24, and to do so you would have been at least 13GB over your limit. Once you did that you could have been 13,000GB over your limit and you wouldn't have been charged any more for it.

Do ye not have UPC as an option? circa 200gb download on the 20mb package we've got and no overcharge; plus they also have a 20mb speed option, rather than eircom's fake 8mb offering.
                                    If you go over 200GB on UPC they don't overcharge you, they just force you onto their business product at €80 a month for the remainder of your contract. Also their 20Mb option is more like a 10-15MB if you're lucky (I'm on 30Mb but I've never got above 16Mb on my connection)

The eircom "fake" 8Mb offering offers 8Mb to customers who can get it and the best speed your line can take where it can't. They are pretty upfront about it in fairness, and it's clear what they're charging for.

~~~~~~~~~

Incidentally I work for a competitor of eircom so generally I'm happy to see them getting bad press, but the amount of misinformation in the market about broadband, offers, communications etc drives me demented. Probably because I spent so much time trying to work around those misconceptions.

~~~~~~~~~~

edit: also, if you ring them up and complain they'll move you back to their standard product range which will limit your speed to 3Mb or whatever but you'll have no download allowance to worry about.
                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I have regularly completely abused the cap for years with not a word from them. Often 100GB+ mark on a 30GB cap. Eircom have never had any problem with this but it seems now they are going to enforce the caps going forward. I was in a mild state of panic when I went to check how much I had used in the last two months to see the kind of charge on the next bill, I didn't even know the below thing existed until today lolers

But it seems no matter how far you go over they are maxing the charge at 10GB at least for the moment.

Anyway bye bye eircom!

Opr

Comment

My 3mb is fine, now, i would not say no to 20 !! I had dial up so long any broadband is good....there were days when the pics would have just loaded below the neck and that was me done it took so long !!

Streaming is the only downside of 3mb imo, takes forever, easier to download it.

Getting into jersey shore btw...lol...seen the 5 of this season and a few from Miami....only thing, why doesnt anyone ever say during an argument with someone, "turn the camera off please", some of the scenes have 3 and 4 shot angles ? ?
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                          yes they did
                                          Not for most people, if you go over to the broadband forum on boards you will see a whole load of these type of threads have sprung up in the last few months.

Hey, I got an eircom bill today! and i was shocked to see I was charged for going over my internet usage limit. First time ever!

Opr

Comment

Not for most people, if you go over to the broadband forum on boards you will see a whole load of these type of threads have sprung up in the last few months.

Hey, I got an eircom bill today! and i was shocked to see I was charged for going over my internet usage limit. First time ever!

Opr
                                            Everyone that was upgraded received a communication, most saw "I'm being upgraded for the same price" and stopped reading. Every communication outlined that they would now be charging for exceeding the limit on these new products.

but for anybody who has an issue with that they will switch you back to their legacy products if you call up and request it.

why should data be free though? There are significant costs associated with providing, maintaining and delivering the capacity required for the ever increasing world of data requirements. Somebody has to pay the piper along the way.
                                            Last edited by Iago; 01-02-11, 23:58.

Comment

Opr
                                              at the most it would have been €24, and to do so you would have been at least 13GB over your limit. Once you did that you could have been 13,000GB over your limit and you wouldn't have been charged any more for it.
                                              Is there a way of checking your current status on your package on Eircom so you know if you're anyway near your limit? I've watched Jersey Shore from the start to Season 2 Ep 13 along with other stuff this month

Comment

yes they did

If you go over 200GB on UPC they don't overcharge you, they just force you onto their business product at €80 a month for the remainder of your contract. Also their 20Mb option is more like a 10-15MB if you're lucky (I'm on 30Mb but I've never got above 16Mb on my connection)

The eircom "fake" 8Mb offering offers 8Mb to customers who can get it and the best speed your line can take where it can't. They are pretty upfront about it in fairness, and it's clear what they're charging for.

~~~~~~~~~

Incidentally I work for a competitor of eircom so generally I'm happy to see them getting bad press, but the amount of misinformation in the market about broadband, offers, communications etc drives me demented. Probably because I spent so much time trying to work around those misconceptions.

~~~~~~~~~~

edit: also, if you ring them up and complain they'll move you back to their standard product range which will limit your speed to 3Mb or whatever but you'll have no download allowance to worry about.

i am on the 3Mb package and go way over my allowance and have never been charged extra, infact i have tried to use the stat feature on the eircom site lots of times to check, i know from the jdownloader what i have used, and it always comes back with an error ! could i use this in my defense if they enforced the charges ?
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

i am on the 3Mb package and go way over my allowance and have never been charged extra, infact i have tried to use the stat feature on the eircom site lots of times to check, i know from the jdownloader what i have used, and it always comes back with an error ! could i use this in my defense if they enforced the charges ?
                                                  Jesus, we always get charged for going over our limit. It's a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    Is there a way of checking your current status on your package on Eircom so you know if you're anyway near your limit? I've watched Jersey Shore from the start to Season 2 Ep 13 along with other stuff this month
                                                    yes, go to support.eircom.net and click on broadband in the left hand menu. On the right hand side of the page there's an option to enter your phone number and account number.

Once you do that you'll pull up your stats page.

They only apply charges on the new NGB products, if you're on the legacy product the limit isn't enforced.

As for your defence, I think if you pushed it then they would back down. As long as you're on the legacy product though it doesn't matter.

Jesus, we always get charged for going over our limit. It's a joke
                                                    see above ^^^^^^^^
                                                    Last edited by Iago; 02-02-11, 00:07.

Comment

Anybody here do a commute from Galway to Tuam?

Comment

Comment

Sounds like a brag

Interesting logic.

yes they did

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Im on the 30mb also and find my speeds absolutely fantastic and am delighted with it.

My 3mb is fine, now, i would not say no to 20 !! I had dial up so long any broadband is good....there were days when the pics would have just loaded below the neck and that was me done it took so long !!

Streaming is the only downside of 3mb imo, takes forever, easier to download it.

Getting into jersey shore btw...lol...seen the 5 of this season and a few from Miami....only thing, why doesnt anyone ever say during an argument with someone, "turn the camera off please", some of the scenes have 3 and 4 shot angles ? ?
                                                          Glad to see you got into in but you should of watched it chronologically
                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

The only thing that sucks about living in Chapelizod is having no decent broadband. No UPC or even smart ffs, 10 mins outside town.
                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

what is the eircom allowance btw, just for the lols?
                                                                depends on the package you're on

1. €24.99 10GB
                                                                2 .€29.99 30GB
                                                                3. €39.99 Unlimited

it's cheaper than that in their bundles, I think they advertise Broadband from €6, but you were right in your earlier point that you have to have a landline and pay line rental as a result. I think that's €25.18 a month just for the line rental.

Comment

Everyone that was upgraded received a communication, most saw "I'm being upgraded for the same price" and stopped reading. Every communication outlined that they would now be charging for exceeding the limit on these new products.

but for anybody who has an issue with that they will switch you back to their legacy products if you call up and request it.

why should data be free though? There are significant costs associated with providing, maintaining and delivering the capacity required for the ever increasing world of data requirements. Somebody has to pay the piper along the way.
                                                                  That is only one of the threads, if you do a search loads more are on the fact they have never been charged before and in the last few months suddenly Eircom have introduced the charge.

I have never been upgraded recently but November was the first time a charge has ever appeared on the bill with regards to exceeding the limit which I have always done in the past with no charge.

I don't believe it should be free and I know Eircom are well within their rights to charge due to the terms and conditions but you just presume once they haven't done so for so long that its not a problem. A simple mail/call to say listen we are tightening up the policy and if you exceed the limit from here on in then expect to pay extra. That would have been cool and I would have made sure to stay within the boundaries, upgrade the package or look elsewhere. I have never been warmed about my usage.

Opr

Comment

Just got signed out of Playstation Network and wont let me sign back in. MEGA TILTING.
                                                                    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Is it not comparable at this stage to Sky ? the infrastructure is there, its like sky saying you watched 150 hours this month when your package is 100, we are charging you 5 euro more ?
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                        The only thing that sucks is great about living in Chapelizod Ballymun is having no decent great broadband.

Comment

Yup you can check it here - www.eircom.net/broadbandstats

Opr

Comment

Don't Eircom also force you to get a landline even if you only want broadband? Who the fck uses landlines apart from the elderly?
                                                                            Ahmmm

Im only a young fellow with a landline !!
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

That is only one of the threads, if you do a search loads more are on the fact they have never been charged before and in the last few months suddenly Eircom have introduced the charge.

I have never been upgraded recently but November was the first time a charge has ever appeared on the bill with regards to exceeding the limit which I have always done in the past with no charge.

I don't believe it should be free and I know Eircom are well within their rights to charge due to the terms and conditions but you just presume once they haven't done so for so long that its not a problem. A simple mail/call to say listen we are tightening up the policy and if you exceed the limit from here on in then expect to pay extra. That would have been cool and I would have made sure to stay within the boundaries, upgrade the package or look elsewhere. I have never been warmed about my usage.

Opr
                                                                              I'm not saying that they put it up in flashing lights but the charges were only applied once customers were upgraded onto the new NGB services.

If you have been charged, then you have been upgraded on the eircom systems. That should have seen you receive higher speeds, but for some users their line isn't capable of taking any higher speeds so they will see no noticeable change. You should have received a letter informing you of the upgrade and giving you an opportunity to opt out.

On balance this is a really good thing for most customers, the vast vast majority will never even get close to their limits on any of the packages and most will see at least a 50% increase in their broadband speed. For others though the benefits aren't as clear and the sudden enforcement of pre-existing conditions will obviously cause them some issues with customers.

Comment

Glad to see you got into in but you should of watched it chronologically
                                                                                Dude, trust me, with my memory, it doesn't matter !!
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    Anybody here do a commute from Galway to Tuam?
                                                                                    IonaPaul is from Tuam i think tis a desolate kip but probably has 5 or 6 supermacs with 5 euro snackboxes on offer.
                                                                                    Its 18 19 miles from Tuam to galway city by way of the N 17 also a catchy song about emmigration by the ;saw doctors.
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 02-02-11, 00:33.

Comment

@Flushdraw - There's also a usage meter you can download to your desktop. Follow Opr's link and it's on the right hand side of the page. It runs from your taskbar and updates every few hours or so.

Comment

Suppose if there's no other option. But €29.99 + landline is ridiculous to pay for 30gb. 30gb on the Meteor dongle billpay is just €25 and probably has better speeds, plus you can bring it about with you.
                                                                                        Coverage !! we all dont live in the big smoke, i cant get a 3G sig where i live so need the hardwired stuff, landline rental, which is a bit of a joke plus BB plus calls averages about 120 every 2 months, guys gota do what a guys gota do, no way am i going back to thehun.com for pics....
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Is it not comparable at this stage to Sky ? the infrastructure is there, its like sky saying you watched 150 hours this month when your package is 100, we are charging you 5 euro more ?
                                                                                          Do you really think that's not in the future? Also it's somewhat similar in that sky charge you on a modular basis, if you want basic you can have it. If you want to throw in Sports, that'll be XX please, and if you want Movies that will be ZZ.

If you want basic broadband, you can have it.

If you want to download music, tv, stream sports etc that'll be an upgrade or extra cost.

If you want to do all that on multiple laptops running 24/7 that'll be an upgrade and extra cost.

If the service providers in the space didn't consistently upgrade and invest in their networks then we'd all have broadband but would only get the speeds that we're contracted for, i.e. 1/24th or 1/48th of the speed that we think we're getting. That's less of an issue on cable obviously but it's still subject to congestion and still requires ongoing upgrades and maintenance.

Consumers want broadband for next to nothing, and that's fine as it's really a commodity now anyway, but the only way that can be delivered is by charging more money the more data you use. It's the only model that works from a service provider point of view.

Comment

I'm not saying that they put it up in flashing lights but the charges were only applied once customers were upgraded onto the new NGB services.

If you have been charged, then you have been upgraded on the eircom systems. That should have seen you receive higher speeds, but for some users their line isn't capable of taking any higher speeds so they will see no noticeable change. You should have received a letter informing you of the upgrade and giving you an opportunity to opt out.

On balance this is a really good thing for most customers, the vast vast majority will never even get close to their limits on any of the packages and most will see at least a 50% increase in their broadband speed. For others though the benefits aren't as clear and the sudden enforcement of pre-existing conditions will obviously cause them some issues with customers.
                                                                                            Your right I just check the bill online and its says its now an NGB product. Didn't notice any difference in speed so basically all that happened in this 'upgrade' is I now get charged extra for going over the limit ?

This has to be some kind of bad joke!

Opr

Comment

Workplace internet FTW

Comment

...

Comment

Do you really think that's not in the future? Also it's somewhat similar in that sky charge you on a modular basis, if you want basic you can have it. If you want to throw in Sports, that'll be XX please, and if you want Movies that will be ZZ.

If you want basic broadband, you can have it.

If you want to download music, tv, stream sports etc that'll be an upgrade or extra cost.

If you want to do all that on multiple laptops running 24/7 that'll be an upgrade and extra cost.

If the service providers in the space didn't consistently upgrade and invest in their networks then we'd all have broadband but would only get the speeds that we're contracted for, i.e. 1/24th or 1/48th of the speed that we think we're getting. That's less of an issue on cable obviously but it's still subject to congestion and still requires ongoing upgrades and maintenance.

Consumers want broadband for next to nothing, and that's fine as it's really a commodity now anyway, but the only way that can be delivered is by charging more money the more data you use. It's the only model that works from a service provider point of view.

Maybe from the SP pov but not the customer in fairness, but let me digress...isnt it a terrible shame planners did not enforce fiber to every new build, shocking when you think about it, all the houses built over the last 15 years !
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

yes, go to support.eircom.net and click on broadband in the left hand menu. On the right hand side of the page there's an option to enter your phone number and account number.

Once you do that you'll pull up your stats page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They only apply charges on the new NGB products, if you're on the legacy product the limit isn't enforced.

As for your defence, I think if you pushed it then they would back down. As long as you're on the legacy product though it doesn't matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

see above ^^^^^^^^
                                                                                                      Cheers Iago

19gb for January so acceptable

Every internet provider fails in our area. We've tried everyone with no joy. Can't remember exactly, but even paying about €700 for satellitte broadband will only give us a 3g download per month for about €50 so thats not an option. Eircom also fails but the engineer "fixed" the line so it passes but our speed is dire

When we ring Eircom or try to change packages online, we're told that our line failed and we can't get internet, so for the last year we've been on a 10gb package with NGB which makes no difference whatsoever. We're meant to be getting 8m download. Everytime we went over the 10gb, we got charged €1.65 per gb

2 months ago, we insisted on them changing us regardless of what our connection says so we got changed over to a 30gb package at the worst download speed available for just €5 more. Seeing as our speed is atrocious, it works out far better for us.

Comment

You know you can video chat through gmail now, yeah?! It's a massively outdated technology. You can't even see the person you are talking to and yet you have to pay extra for the privilege. No chance it's around in ten years time. Even our stodgy uni is removing all landlines from September and replacing it with some internet thing.
                                                                                                        The workplace done something similar last year, all phones are routed through some voip thing...thats fine till the net goes down !!
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

NEDS time !!
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Maybe from the SP pov but not the customer in fairness, but let me digress...isnt it a terrible shame planners did not enforce fiber to every new build, shocking when you think about it, all the houses built over the last 15 years !
                                                                                                              Ah, but it is from the customer point of view.

Look at it this way, less than 5% of people in Ireland would regularly exceed their broadband allowance. These are the people (like me) who have laptops running 24/7 downloading everything they can get their hands on, they're the one streaming movies and sport and gaming online. In short they are the ones that are causing the network spikes that reduce the experience for everyone else.

In order to cope adequately with demand for fast, reliable, consistent broadband service providers have to upgrade and maintain their networks. Otherwise customers would leave in their droves (if they could go anywhere else) There is a significant cost in doing so, for example at some point eircom will have to bite the bullet and upgrade their existing copper network to fibre. The cost of doing that will almost certainly be north of €1Bn but it is an inevitability (unless they breach their covenants first of course)

So from a very basic point of view there are 3 scenarios

1. no upgrades or maintenance are completed. Prices stay very low, but customer experience is horrendous.

2. The network is regularly upgraded and is closely monitored and maintained. Prices for broadband sky rocket as the service provider tries to stay in business and break even. Customer experience is great, but nobody has or wants to pay the money for the service.

3. The network is regularly upgraded and is closely monitored and maintained. Customers who go over a reasonable limit on a cheap broadband product are charged for their usage or are given the opportunity to permanently move to a higher priced product with a much higher/no limit. Customer experience is great, and the people who pay most are those who get the most from the service.

I think it's fair to say that Scenario 3 is the best option, and is what service providers all over the globe are moving towards.

re your second point, I agree completely. Unfortunately we are a country that specialises in "what do I need for the next two months" as opposed to "where do I want to be in 10 years time"

Comment

Cheers Iago

19gb for January so acceptable

Every internet provider fails in our area. We've tried everyone with no joy. Can't remember exactly, but even paying about €700 for satellitte broadband will only give us a 3g download per month for about €50 so thats not an option. Eircom also fails but the engineer "fixed" the line so it passes but our speed is dire

When we ring Eircom or try to change packages online, we're told that our line failed and we can't get internet, so for the last year we've been on a 10gb package with NGB which makes no difference whatsoever. We're meant to be getting 8m download. Everytime we went over the 10gb, we got charged €1.65 per gb

2 months ago, we insisted on them changing us regardless of what our connection says so we got changed over to a 30gb package at the worst download speed available for just €5 more. Seeing as our speed is atrocious, it works out far better for us.
                                                                                                                If you want to send me your number, I can see if I can get something sorted for you. No promises mind you but I still have some contacts in there. All I might be able to do is get you moved back to one of their legacy products so you won't see any improved speeds, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about exceeding your allowance.

Comment

Iago do you know if customers who request to go back to the legacy products are then again at the moment not being charged for going over the limits ?

btw Thanks for clearing things up and the information, nice to be informed before I give them a call.

Opr

Comment

To be fair to Eircom they actually rang me up to suggest that I download their usage meter after I had gone over the limit for 2/3 months (which I had no idea they were implementing, or that my speed had increased by a multiple).

Comment

Iago do you know if customers who request to go back to the legacy products are then again at the moment not being charged for going over the limits ?

btw Thanks for clearing things up and the information, nice to be informed before I give them a call.

Opr
                                                                                                                      There's no charging mechanism in place on the legacy products. I could explain why but I'd most likely bore you, and most definitely bore myself

Suffice to say that only the NGB products have charging for exceeding usage allowances.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                        To be fair to Eircom they actually rang me up to suggest that I download their usage meter after I had gone over the limit for 2/3 months (which I had no idea they were implementing, or that my speed had increased by a multiple).
                                                                                                                        Thing is from what I can gather if your speed has not increased then you could have remained on the Legacy product without any change and any charge for going over the limit.

Opr

Comment

Think there's a new sea cable coming over from the states to the UK at the moment, which will probably link into Ireland in the near future, so we should be fine for net outages from then on. Not really sure how the internet works tbh, but think those cables are reasonably important.

Kind of scary though this computer thing in work - features instant messaging, video calls, texts etc on your screen. Have kept the work phone plugged out for the last 18 months, but can't really turn off the computer Hard enough to keep responding to the 100+ emails a day.
                                                                                                                          I think this is entitled Project Kelvin. Sounds Bond-esque but here's a PR detailing whats going on. The Telehouse is built and ready to go (its based in Derry) but not sure if its all up and running as yet.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X