X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    you're really spanning the political spectrum there RasTa

your classic 'left-right floating voter'
    Yeah you're right, just uncle Joe for me.
    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

anyone who gives Leo Vradkar a vote deserves to have their vote taken off them, tbh.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
        so no opposition then; that's a good strategy
        Sinn Fein, Uncle Joe, Shane Ross and eh, Lowry and Healy-Rea

that's got all the bases covered
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
          anyone who gives Leo Vradkar a vote deserves to have their vote taken off them, tbh.
          why?

Comment

why?
            he's a rent-a-quote hot air machine.

He has no substance, no definable policy and spends more time popping up in the Northside People than he does in a constituency office or the Dail.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              You should really vote all the way down as far as you can until you get to the ones you just can't stomach - in theory your vote could be used to elect 4 candidates and failure to vote down could mean that the candidate you were m'eh about is overtaken by other peoples votes for the one you hated.

Its not unusual for there to be less than 50 multiple transferred votes in it for the final seat.
              AJ is correct

I'll be tactically giving a 3rd preference to SF in my constituency in order to deny FF a seat

RasTa, you should do the same with Lenihan

Comment

he's a rent-a-quote hot air machine.
                examples

Comment

Labour to have 50 - this is good news for our bet, I'll let you out for 40!
                  We are just a straight $50 bet on over/under 39.5, just in case you think it was a spread bet on $50 per seat over/above?
                  (I'd definitely be shitting if it was a per seat bet, as you'd have way more potential).

Comment

We are just a straight $50 bet on over/under 39.5, just in case you think it was a spread bet on $50 per seat over/above?
                    (I'd definitely be shitting if it was a per seat bet, as you'd have way more potential).
                    I know, I was only stirring

I actually think we have the line about right on Labour

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                      Way to blank me earlier.
                      Ha in the civilized hemisphere we go to bed around that hour.

Comment

With all this talk by AJ and RDIII about voting strategy, I propose a counter strategy.

Don't vote. Its a waste of time if you have anything useful to be doing at all. Your vote doesn't really matter anyway.
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I dare you not to nod along with her ..eyes.

nsfw
                          SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                            With all this talk by AJ and RDIII about voting strategy, I propose a counter strategy.

Don't vote. Its a waste of time if you have anything useful to be doing at all. Your vote doesn't really matter anyway.
                            our discussion is mostly for punting purposes

you can get with that

Comment

I know, I was only stirring

I actually think we have the line about right on Labour
                              Just some snippets to get you on Joe's side

Ireland is not a poor country. Massive amounts of wealth were generated during the boom. The problem is that such wealth is in the hands of a tiny superrich minority. We completely reject the notion that all this wealth has suddenly disappeared. It is also the case that many companies, especially multinationals, remain profitable.
                              Reduce total mortgages and repayments to affordable levels to reflect the real cost of the property and outlaw repossessions/evictions of families from their homes on the basis of inability to pay.
                              We oppose plans to sell off state companies. Instead these companies should be used as the vehicle for job creation.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                Ha in the civilized hemisphere we go to bed around that hour.
                                Double blank, tried to get you on facebook.

Talk to you in a few years I guess.

Comment

FG candidate in Meath

FF candidate:

Comment

It's looking very possible that FF will top the poll here in Waterford! Now, that is due to their one-candidate strategy here and will see them going from almost electing 3 candidates in 2007 (one narrowly missed out in transfers) but it still doesn't reflect well on the people of Waterford if we not only return a FF member to the Dáil, but have him top the poll too! Seats 2 and 3 are a lock for Fine Gael but Seat 4 is really where all the fighting will be carried out! Will be a three-way battle between Ind/SF and Lab!

What makes this fourth seat battle so interesting is that all three are from the same electoral ward in the City so areas that most election candidates would usually take for granted will now be key battlegrounds. In addition to this, the SF candidate saw his vote halved in the last local election, despite popular opinion that they would top the poll and the Labour candidate is currently polling well but is the type of candidate who will lose support (and lose it fast) once the election campaign begins and he's forced to tackle the media and public. Independent candidate would be my step-father. He was asked to join Labour (and had he, the seat would have be a certainty) but chose to contest as an Independent. The difficulties arise there because it's hard for an Independent candidate to raise their profile in non-urban areas without significant resources behind them and having two other candidates from the same electoral ward really doesn't help.

Interesting times.

He's 6/4 on Paddy Power if anyone fancies a decent sweat for their money too
                                    Last edited by AdMMM; 01-02-11, 12:52.

Comment

Stars Deepstack Home Game tonight at 8 if anyone interested.
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Did someone post a link to vote for Rebecca McAdam for some poker writer award the other day? If so a repost would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                            It's looking very possible that FF will top the poll here in Waterford!
                                            wtf
                                            not with my vote they won't

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                              Whoever prioritises the train to Navan Economic benefits of that would be huge to Meath in general. Or we can judge photos!
                                              Train to Navan is going ahead tho isn't it? We had a bit to do on the EIS for it a short while ago

Comment

Just getting into LastFM.

Chillout tag Radio is my new home and i'm even getting work done too!

Comment

That D4 radio hotels ad is very racist and annoying. Well more so just annoying.

Comment

@ El Dukemann, what do you make of Sean Crowe at 1/2 in Dublin South West. My finger isn't exactly on the pulse in terms of politics but I'd of thought a lol Sinner seat here would be certain in these times.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Transfer deadline day dictates the crazy prices. Torres had to go, Chelsea wanted him hence £50m. Liverpool needed a striker and as a result were held to ransom by Newcastle.
                                                      Now, let's look at the affected parties. Newcastle great result, Carroll great result, Torres great result, Chelsea-meh, Liverpool despite the 8th most expensive signing ever haven't actually done too bad. If there were no deals yesterday the results would probably be the same in the summer anyway, Torres £35m, Carroll £20m etc so no difference from Liverpool's point of view.

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Also - we need some nutjobs in the fucking squad!! We've been too nice a squad for too long. Carroll is a prick, Suarez has a nasty streak - we're going to need some attitude to get back where we belong.
                                                      The problem Liverpool face is how to keep Lecter and Banderas on the pitch long and often enough to make a difference..

Comment

examples
                                                        I've a hard enough time remembering my opinions without remembering the reasons for them!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                          wtf
                                                          not with my vote they won't
                                                          If the two FG candidates split the vote (which they probably will), then FF will end up topping the poll with anything more than 18% of the vote!

Comment

Is this link working for anyone?

EDIT - worked on Firefox, not on chrome..

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Its all become so real....
                                                              Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              I'm pathetic, but I insta sold him this morning.
                                                              and bought RvP
                                                              I heard on the radio earlier that he won't be ready to play this evening.

Comment

Did I read CHD right earlier where he accused United of buying trophies? This coming from a CHELSEA fan?

As for the Barca thing, Chelsea can compete with them in a one off game but by all appreciable measures Barcelona are a level above Chelsea. In terms of history, achievements, set-up, youth system and, most importantly, style and success of football Barcelona are untouchable at the moment.

CHD, your argument that Chelsea can give Barcelona a game and should have beaten them in the past is ridiculous. By that measure Southampton in the 1990's were on the same level as Manchester United and Sam Allardyce's Bolton team were on the same level as the Arsenal side of the time.

To make any of these arguments in the context of a team so desperately off the level they hold themselves out to compete at that they had to break their stated transfer policy and bring in 2 big money signings to reinforce the team is just ridiculous.

Chelsea are an excellent team. Barcelona are just at another level to that.
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post

Oh dear.

And TG was such a sound poster until just now.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Vanity Fair's Michael Lewis on How Merrill Lynch and Brian Lenihan Stuck the People of Ireland with a Debt of €106 Billion
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Oh dear.

And TG was such a sound poster until just now.
                                                                      He is right though.

Why vote?
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Kidney's gonna Kidney

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                          People won't agree with me but Chelsea on form are the best side around to take on Barca.....
                                                                          No, I agree with you completely.

When we got to the final in '09 I desperately wanted it to be Chelsea again rather than Barca (although had we shown up and kept playing after the first 5 minutes it might have been different)

last year was no different, I really wanted Chelsea to get Barca but they were knocked out and then I was counting on Inter beating Barca for much the same reason. Unfortunately United fell short, one of the worst nights of football I've ever felt.

Chelsea have definitely been the team to beat Barca over the last few years.
                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                                            He is right though.

Why vote?
                                                                            David McWilliams is a gobshite.
                                                                            David McWilliams is an economist.

economists are gobshites.

QED

Comment

David McWilliams is a gobshite.
                                                                              David McWilliams is an economist.

economists are gobshites.

QED

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                @ El Dukemann, what do you make of Sean Crowe at 1/2 in Dublin South West. My finger isn't exactly on the pulse in terms of politics but I'd of thought a lol Sinner seat here would be certain in these times.
                                                                                he's assumed to be a good thing

Comment

Vradkar is pure scum. Would be great to see Perry get in.

Being a dirty foreigner Im not allowed to vote but would spoil my vote if I had one.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                    Would be great to see Perry get in.
                                                                                    why?

what benefit would derive from it?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                      He is right though.

Why vote?
                                                                                      He's doubtless correct about American elections, and even in the UK (some constituencies are barely contested in the likes of Kent and Berkshire as they've been held by the Conservatives since time began.)

Its different in Ireland, a combination of the transferable vote, multi seat consituencies, low turnouts and having a relatively high TD/population ratio means that for those who do get out and vote that vote has a good change of being important.

Comment

Can never have enough Bohs fans in power. My other choices of centre right, centre right, centre right or Sinn Fein aren't that appealing.

Comment

he's assumed to be a good thing
                                                                                          Hmmm might have to give him my number 1 just incase so, as hard as it will be to do. Ul Rabbitte
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

why?

what benefit would derive from it?
                                                                                            because I'm volunteering for his campaign.

Comment

Kidney's gonna Kidney
                                                                                              Would you have gone all blue in the pack bar Best and POC Emmet??
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                I'd say you've seen loads, just don't know its him. He was the writer (and often director too) of the likes of National Lampoon's European Vacation, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, Planes, Trains and Automobiles; Uncle Buck, Home Alone and the breakfast club

meh, still would in a heartbeat tbh

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                  Nope, DOC and TOL and Fitz are the only contentious calls.

Cullen, Reddan/TOL (coinflip I'll give him that) and Duffy were the right decisions.

It was his comments in the press conference that really irked me though.

"DOC has been a stalwart.... great for years.... see no reason not to choose him".

He's had a miserable miserable year, MOD has been far better than him at Munster even!

Comment

because I'm volunteering for his campaign.
                                                                                                    my work here is done

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                      Is o'callaghan injured? I think that Cronin should be picked at hocker aswell and he is nearly blue now. I know its contraversial but best isn't even that great at throwing into the liine out so I dont want to hear that as the reason for keeping him

Comment

Originally posted by wendelsailor View Post
                                                                                                        Hopefully someone might be able to help with this.

I lost my car keys on Saturday night in the back of a taxi and I didnt have the car long so I hadn't had a chance to get a spare key. I need the chassis number to get a new key but unfortunately the log book is in the car and I cant get into the car to get the number from underneath the bonnet.

Does anyone know if you can get the chassis number from the department of transport etc ?

Thanks,
                                                                                                        If you ring up "steveguard lock technologies" in drumcondra he will come out and open the car without doing any damage to it, depending on the model he can cut you a key on the spot as well.

Comment

my work here is done
                                                                                                          oi!

As bohsman says, there's no real left alternative in the area, bar Mary Lou (who I won't vote for). Perry does a huge amount of work in the area as a councillor, and the area deserves a candidate who's going to look after the area before looking after party politics and party donators.

plus: he hates fascists, so that's a bonus in my book.

Comment

oi!

and the area deserves a candidate who's going to look after the area
                                                                                                            I'm sure you know this already, but this is how we end up with the likes of Jackie Healy Rae holding the balance of power.

Comment

He's doubtless correct about American elections, and even in the UK (some constituencies are barely contested in the likes of Kent and Berkshire as they've been held by the Conservatives since time began.)

Its different in Ireland, a combination of the transferable vote, multi seat consituencies, low turnouts and having a relatively high TD/population ratio means that for those who do get out and vote that vote has a good change of being important.
                                                                                                              I said meehhhhh
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Nope, DOC and TOL and Fitz are the only contentious calls.

Cullen, Reddan/TOL (coinflip I'll give him that) and Duffy were the right decisions.

It was his comments in the press conference that really irked me though.

"DOC has been a stalwart.... great for years.... see no reason not to choose him".

He's had a miserable miserable year, MOD has been far better than him at Munster even!
                                                                                                                Why the fook did he not pick TOL in his main squad only to draft him in ahead of Reddan?

DOC is a terrible pick, had to be Cullen and POC isnt the man he used to be anymore but just about deserves his spot. I am happy with the front row. Jennings should be in for Wallace and I know that wont be a popular statement!

Fitz is a great choice at FB, you cant just throw Duffy into the fire like that although he is a future long term Irish FB IMO.

Delighted for McFadden too he desrves his chance.

Comment

I'm sure you know this already, but this is how we end up with the likes of Jackie Healy Rae holding the balance of power.
                                                                                                                  thought about that after I hit submit.

All politics are local, remember. And there's a big difference between the likes of Healy Rae the back tapper and other independents. Healy Rae and Lowry only got elected and stayed elected off the back of their original party ties.

Anyway, there's feck all ring roads that can be built in Dublin Central, so the situations aren't that similar :P

Comment

he hates fascists, so that's a bonus in my book.
                                                                                                                    I hate fascists too. Hitler, Goebbels, Bormann, Mussolini, Goring...

I think every single candidate running in the election would agree that they hate fascists.

Not exactly a fantastic campaign slogan though.

I can see the doorsteps of DC now....

Zod: "Down with fascists!!!!"

Punter: "I'm trying to watch the Champions League here, wtf do you want?"

Zod: "Vote for Perry. We're against fascists. See, look at my t-shirt. I designed the logo myself."

Punter: "riiiiiiiighhhhht. And what does your candidate think about the EFSF?"

Zod: "ehhhhhhh......Fascists? We're against them." <hopeful smile>

<door closes, hounds released>

Comment

Fitz has been abysmal at FB for Leinster this season. He's not back at match pace yet, nowhere near it I think.

He used TOL in the Wolfhounds game to give him some gametime.

Jennings would've been in for Leamy, with Wallace at 8 and SOB at 6 if you wanted him in there. Wallace has been the only bright spark in Munster's backrow this season.

Fully fit squad would've* seen

6 Ferris
                                                                                                                      7 SOB
                                                                                                                      8 Heaslip
                                                                                                                      19 Wallace

*imo

Comment

Will Carrolls price in FF stay at 6m, if so surely he is a must have

Comment

I hate fascists too. Hitler, Goebbels, Bormann, Mussolini, Goring...

I think every single candidate running in the election would agree that they hate fascists.

Not exactly a fantastic campaign slogan though.

I can see the doorsteps of DC now....

Zod: "Down with fascists!!!!"

Punter: "I'm trying to watch the Champions League here, wtf do you want?"

Zod: "Vote for Perry. We're against fascists. See, look at my t-shirt. I designed the logo myself."

Punter: "riiiiiiiighhhhht. And what does your candidate think about the EFSF?"

Zod: "ehhhhhhh......Fascists? We're against them." <hopeful smile>

<door closes, hounds released>
                                                                                                                          This is Cabra we're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X