X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Brian Cowen's brother is the lad who got the greyhound job for reasons completely unconnected with his brother being Taoiseach. Auctioneering business a bit slow these days

he's not the tax dodger, that's the udder brudder

some family
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
        Imagine how great election count day is gonna be in here.
        raging last night, was running out the door to the Fitz, got home and Mrs Duke told me I had missed a FF canvass

worst beat ever imo

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
            Been highly impressed with the party's policies so far though - actually sounds like they are brimming over with good ideas.

/Labour on the other hand released some dumbass broadband policy yesterday that virtually makes no sense despite them putting it forward as a flagship policy
            Its not Fine Gael I have a problem with really, its more just Kenny. Think he comes across really badly in interviews/speeches he's given.

One of their policies that was discussed a bit this morning didn't really make sense to me. He said that there would be 30,000 people let go from the public sector by way of 'volutary redundancy'. There is no way in the world that many people will voluntarily step down, sounds like rubbish to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
              Its not Fine Gael I have a problem with really, its more just Kenny. Think he comes across really badly in interviews/speeches he's given.

One of their policies that was discussed a bit this morning didn't really make sense to me. He said that there would be 30,000 people let go from the public sector by way of 'volutary redundancy'. There is no way in the world that many people will voluntarily step down, sounds like rubbish to me.
              2,000 voluntarily stepped down from the HSE out of 5,000 offered it

Comment

I can't believe those scousers burning their Torres Liverpool shirts.

What are they going to wear to court tomorrow?

Comment

@Raoul posted a question for you yesterday, but think you had left. You think I can get through maybe 100 pages of CFA in a full day of study?
                  no idea, I haven't done any study yet. Very tired all the time with the current circumstances and barely able to concentrate on work (which I can do in my sleep just about), let alone study.

I'm sure you can though, just use those cheat sheet things and you could do a module in a day. Feck reading the books!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                    I agree but he is the leader and that's it

the best you can say about him is that he will be a chairman type Taoiseach who will let his ministers get on with it. Not that it matters anyway, the next Dail will barely be allowed to make decisions on buying paperclips.

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure what people are looking for from Kenny tbh, people with a sort of everyday passing interest in politics anyway.

Comparing him to PMs from other countries in recent times, toads like Gordon Browne and Tony Blair, wannabe culture icon mong Sarkozy, child molester Berlusconi etc etc etc. I can't really see everybody's major malfunction at all tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by wendelsailor View Post
                          Hopefully someone might be able to help with this.

I lost my car keys on Saturday night in the back of a taxi and I didnt have the car long so I hadn't had a chance to get a spare key. I need the chassis number to get a new key but unfortunately the log book is in the car and I cant get into the car to get the number from underneath the bonnet.

Does anyone know if you can get the chassis number from the department of transport etc ?

Thanks,
                          Nightmare I'd say.
                          Ask them to send you a new VRT/log book. It's only a tenner. Nearest cop station or post office have the application form. Also did you contact the place where you bought the car? Hope it wasn't one of these key cards, they cost 200+ to replace fecking rip off.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            I agree but he is the leader and that's it

the best you can say about him is that he will be a chairman type Taoiseach who will let his ministers get on with it. Not that it matters anyway, the next Dail will barely be allowed to make decisions on buying paperclips.
                            What's the story with this RD - just how restricted are the next government going to be and on what authority?

What's stopping FG telling the IMF or whoever to get fucked if they differ on something?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              What's the story with this RD - just how restricted are the next government going to be and on what authority?
                              they're going to be almost totally restricted (financially anyway, I suppose we could pass some mad laws requiring everyone to speak Esperanto or wear bermuda shorts on Thursdays). You know the situation, everyone does and I've been bleating about it here for aeons. It is, of course, much worse than most people recognise.

What's stopping FG telling the IMF or whoever to get fucked if they differ on something?
                              I dunno, little things like paying PS salaries, keeping schools open, having electricity, total breakdown into anarchy and looting...that kind of thing

Comment

When you were 11, and wanted to buy something, you asked your parents for pocket money.

You weren't allowed disagree with anything they said.

They were your complete and utter rulers.

Ireland is 11, and the IMF will be its parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  When you were 11, and wanted to buy something, you asked your parents for pocket money.

You weren't allowed disagree with anything they said.

They were your complete and utter rulers.

Ireland is 11, and the IMF will be its parents.
                                  What is the international equilavent of taking 10p out of your ma's purse when they weren't looking ?

Comment

How is it different from the inevitible default in a couple of years time anyway though?

Similarly, why is them letting us go to the wall now any more likely than it was three months ago when everyone in Europe was shitting their pants at the idea?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      What is the international equilavent of taking 10p out of your ma's purse when they weren't looking ?
                                      NAMA

Comment

Originally posted by DrumSteve
                                        Apparently, Torres has failed the medical at Stamford Bridge...the doctors found he had no heart
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Oh there's no chance of that, the IMF are little goblin Jew parents. They'd want receipts for a 3p lollipop.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Comment

How is it different from the inevitible default in a couple of years time anyway though?
                                              'systemic risk'

if we go now, we would almost certainly start a chain reaction that would be uncontrollable. That would be unpleasant for all concerned.

Whereas when we go in a couple of years, 'in theory' the financial system will be much better positioned to withstand the shock.

Comment

Bit of a mistake here I think

Comment

Oh there's no chance of that, the IMF are little goblin Jew parents. They'd want receipts for a 3p lollipop.
                                                  actually the IMF (our foster parents) are much more likely to have our best interests at heart than our biological parents (the EU)

Comment

I lost my car keys on Saturday night in the back of a taxi and I didnt have the car long so I hadn't had a chance to get a spare key. I need the chassis number to get a new key but unfortunately the log book is in the car and I cant get into the car to get the number from underneath the bonnet.

Does anyone know if you can get the chassis number from the department of transport etc ?

Thanks,
                                                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      . It's also the club that has the highest proportion (not all) of blinkered/ delusional fans, case and point not being able to logicaly see how awful the Carroll signing was in terms of the fee spent.
                                                      meh, evidence?

I don't even really follow football.

But I do follow Business.

If anyone thinks Liverpool did good business today, they're insane.

It was like trying to buy a bottle of water in a drought, even though there was bottles for pennies a week ago.

Good business would've been paying Newcastle 18m for Carroll last Thursday, and selling Torres for 40m at the weekend.

Newcastle played the game beautifully.
                                                      That would have been better, still a £7 million difference.

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                      Carroll is a prick, Suarez has a nasty streak - we're going to need some attitude to get back where we belong.

cliffs on Carroll? Beyond the jagerbomber story...

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                      Is it safe to come out yet or are we going to listen to this transfer drivel ALL day as well. Go fives a Funk about who paid what for who. It's a fkn game and the money spent on one player is just stupid. How the fk can they justify millions for a guy who runs about a grass pitch and can get his legs broke and career gone in minutes.

You are all fkn mental!

I am not referring to a single player, just the amount a club will pay for one. No one is worth that sort of money imo

Running for cover now lol
                                                      Do me a favour love.
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

actually the IMF (our foster parents) are much more likely to have our best interests at heart than our biological parents (the EU)
                                                        Perhaps, but (CT) they will focus on keeping us running long enough to pay them primarily.

We'd have been better off as that bastard child that nobody likes spending a few years off on their own and then coming back a genius with a hot girlfriend.

You know the type,
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        Iceland

Comment

no need for the anti-semitism lads.
                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            LOL at Barca moving sponsorship from Unicef to Qatar. Classy.
                                                            They are not moving shirt sponsor, they will continue to have UNICEF on their shirts in addition to the Qatar Foundation.
                                                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Foundation

It seems a relatively benevolant organisation, in one of the better run middle east countries. One would think Barca were getting sponsored by the torture wing of Saddams Republican Guard the way the anti-Barca mob go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                              cliffs on Carroll? Beyond the jagerbomber story...
                                                              beats up women

boxed his teammate so hard he broke his jaw and also broke the bones in his own hand

glassed someone in a pub

has his car petrol bombed in his halfway house

pleasant individual, typical footballer

Comment

Eh, am I right in thinking Sky Atlantic is only available with a Sky dish and not on NTL? I had been really looking forward to it dammit

Comment

Thanks,
                                                                  On a more serious note, the chassis number for my car (as well as being under the bonnet) is visible from the outside under the windscreen right beside where the tax disc etc is displayed. On some cars it's also on the window on the drivers side.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                    take anything I say with a fistful of salt, I also included a Harry Potter reference

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      in one of the better run middle east countries.

That's like being the best looking jumper on the bargain rack in Guineys.

Comment

'systemic risk'

if we go now, we would almost certainly start a chain reaction that would be uncontrollable. That would be unpleasant for all concerned.

Whereas when we go in a couple of years, 'in theory' the financial system will be much better positioned to withstand the shock.
                                                                        Doesn't the bolded bit still give FG some wiggle room in the short term though?

"Butt out or we'll pull the whole thing down" sort of thing?

Essentially what people were advocating as our negotiating line when the loan was being discussed in the first place. It seemed like FF lacked the balls to take the hard line approach, but it seems like FG should still have that move open to them if they're steely enough.

Comment

Where were you when Howard was calling all French people cunts yesterday?

Comment

SF are the only ones insane enough to try this and be believed by other countries.

FG are pansies.

Comment

Who should they have got as a sponsor, a German car manufacturer with 1940s history, an Asian components manufacturer with allegations of sweatshop employees, etc etc.
                                                                              No matter who it was as sponsor someone will find fault.

Comment

Latest episode of Top Gear was a cracker, back to form maybe ?
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Danny may disagree with you on that...
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Where were you when Howard was calling all French people cunts yesterday?
                                                                                      I don't know, you should have turned on the Zodsignal.

Comment

SF are the only ones insane enough to try this and be believed by other countries.

FG are pansies.
                                                                                        Ah yeah I know that, but whether the bargaining tool still exists interests me.

I'm pretty sure Enda will spend a lot of his time deriding FF for leaving him with his hands tied over the next four years which is what has me interested...

Comment

Essentially what people were advocating as our negotiating line when the loan was being discussed in the first place. It seemed like FF lacked the balls to take the hard line approach, but it seems like FG should still have that move open to them if they're steely enough.
                                                                                          I don't think that FG have the same level of metallic testicles as Charlie Swan once so memorably displayed at Cheltenham

it was Lenihan and Biffo's role to make this play. They failed dismally.

Comment

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

this has been explained elsewhere but
                                                                                              beats up women
                                                                                              He only did it because he really wanted to live with Nolan

boxed his teammate so hard he broke his jaw and also broke the bones in his own hand
                                                                                              Was over an ex-girlfriend, all is fair in love and war

glassed someone in a pub
                                                                                              He was aiming for something else and missed (something which incidentally would have seen him have a lot in common with Konchesky and Carragher)

This was just a minor problem with the engine

Doubt too many of us are in a position to judge him over the casino/jagerbomb story either

Comment

beats up women

glassed someone in a pub

Interesting times ahead.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Its all become so real....

Comment

On a slightly related note; see that Israel are backing Mubarak continuing as dictator in Egypt. Stay classy Israel

of course they are, Mubarak is a dictator benevolent to US interests.

Comment

unpleasent reading for loliverpool fans

"When I played against Chelsea there was always a big motivation because it was a special game, it was always one of the biggest games of the season. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to join Chelsea because I want to be part of this kind of team".

"I felt from last summer that I need to do a step forward in my career and for my ambition as a footballer. I am joining a team that is at the top level, there is not another level after Chelsea".

"The Champions League is a big ambition and all the footballers want to play in it, it is a very important competition. But also Chelsea have the chance every season to win all the trophies that they play for, so when you have the chance to play in a team like this you cannot say no".

"It is like the destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool, I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea. If I have the chance to play I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score".
                                                                                                      48

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        They are not moving shirt sponsor, they will continue to have UNICEF on their shirts in addition to the Qatar Foundation.
                                                                                                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Foundation

It seems a relatively benevolant organisation, in one of the better run middle east countries. One would think Barca were getting sponsored by the torture wing of Saddams Republican Guard the way the anti-Barca mob go on.
                                                                                                        People should just sit back and enjoy the footballing porn Barca produce week-in, week-out.

Love them or hate them, their current team is the best footballing side of all time, and in the future those who were too bitter or concerned with 'justice' to appreciate it will regret it.

Comment

Flights to Jew-York booked
                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                            what sort of price are we looking at these days? 400 pp?

Comment

what sort of price are we looking at these days? 400 pp?
                                                                                                              €389 and that was with a Aer Lingus €75 off strike voucher.
                                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                                                                                                                unpleasent reading for loliverpool fans

"When I played against Chelsea there was always a big motivation because it was a special game, it was always one of the biggest games of the season. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to join Chelsea because I want to be part of this kind of team".

"I felt from last summer that I need to do a step forward in my career and for my ambition as a footballer. I am joining a team that is at the top level, there is not another level after Chelsea"."The Champions League is a big ambition and all the footballers want to play in it, it is a very important competition. But also Chelsea have the chance every season to win all the trophies that they play for, so when you have the chance to play in a team like this you cannot say no".

"It is like the destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool, I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea. If I have the chance to play I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score".
                                                                                                                Don't get me wrong, Chelsea are a very decent side but lol at the bolded bit. You telling me if he moved to Barca in 3 years time or god forbid Utd he wouldn't change his tune.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Chelsea are a very decent side but lol at the bolded bit. You telling me if he moved to Barca in 3 years time or god forbid Utd he wouldn't change his tune.
                                                                                                                  Eh,United are not a level ahead of us. The Barca team that will go down in history got ridic lucky to even make the CL final, robbing us.

Chelsea are one of the elite clubs. Literally a top, top club.

Last edited by CHDad; 01-02-11, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                    Eh,United are not a level ahead of us. The Barca team that will go down in history got ridic lucky to even make the CL final.

Chelsea are one of the elite clubs. Literally a top, top club.
                                                                                                                    Barca
                                                                                                                    ----------------
                                                                                                                    Man U, Chelsea, Real Madrid
                                                                                                                    ----------------
                                                                                                                    Inter, Arsenal
                                                                                                                    ----------------
                                                                                                                    everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                      is this some place in israel?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Barca
                                                                                                                        ----------------
                                                                                                                        Man U, Chelsea, Real Madrid
                                                                                                                        ----------------
                                                                                                                        Inter, Arsenal
                                                                                                                        ----------------
                                                                                                                        everyone else
                                                                                                                        Debatable tbh.

This season it is shaping up that way but you can't think like that. If that is still the case in 3 years then Barca are a level above.

Comment

Ah pox doesnt look like my lens is gonna arrive here on time
                                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X