This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    Groan, now I can't get the thought of being just about to defile the daughter from Crystal Swing when the big head on the brother pops up with "And we hope you enjoy it!". FML
    Just substitute Mammys face for the boy's and bobs you uncle. Works a treat for me
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      RyanHatfield
      Total Posts

Eddie Durkin
      Total Posts
      Last Activity: 25-02-10 13:43

QED
      What?

Comment

RyanHatfield
        Total Posts

Eddie Durkin
        Total Posts

QED
        Nailed on fav at 1/2 imo

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
          Nailed on fav at 1/2 imo
          what?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHatfield View Post
            What?
            Here we go again, if this really is him he has serious mental issues

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
              Indeed now into 1/3 and price shortenining

Comment

Indeed now into 1/3 and price shortenining
                can I get him in a treble with Dunguib and Master Minded?
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

RyanHatfield
                  Total Posts

Eddie Durkin
                  Total Posts

QED
                  You aren't the only person this thought has occurred to Tony, I have to say.

Comment

You caught me

Comment

If you do think it is him...
                      DONT FCUKING QUOTE HIM WHEN REPLYING TO HIM OR YOUR AS BAD AS HE FCUKING IS YOU FCUKING.........etc!

* ...just
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-03-10, 10:49. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        can I get him in a treble with Dunguib and Master Minded?
                        Booked

Comment

Met Brian Byrne at a charity tournament in Drogheda about a month ago, it was his first live game. Seemed like a nice youngfella to me, friendly and all that.
                          So he does exist in real life, my mate saw him too in case you think i have some ''A Beautiful Mind'' thing going on.
                          As for the Ryan Hatfield alter ego? I seriously doubt it but then again, I never suspected that mild mannered janitor was actually Hong Kong Phooey.
                          You think you know somebody.

Comment

So what did i do?

Comment

Booked
                              1 down
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

i may have exaggerated slightly but it felt like 21
                                  Well most bubbles you got in a row was 2. I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt when smoothcall said you probably meant 'not cash'. But you were pretty certain that it was just 1 off the money.

Comment

lulz

Comment

Sometimes this place makes me want to self harm.
                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chz8TnoznDc[/ame]
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                          Well most bubbles you got in a row was 2. I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt when smoothcall said you probably meant 'not cash'. But you were pretty certain that it was just 1 off the money.
                                          Moving up to where they respect your raises didn't work too well.
                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

This is fucking ridiculous

Comment

Re: the psychics stuff on TV3 last night. Check out the skeptics dictionary website.
                                              Most so called psychics and cold readers use a series of what's called 'Barnum Statements (named after the circus owner PT Barnum who said his show had 'something for everyone').
                                              These are very broad statements that can be interpreted in many ways to suit most people. The gullible who wish to believe what the psychic is saying will then make that statement fit their own circumstances thus fuelling their belief in the psychics 'powers'
                                              After a bit of practice this is easily copied and I used to do a bit of a party trick with my sister-in-laws mates where I would read them.
                                              Reduced one to near tears one night. She still thinks there's something wrong with me.

Comment

Aren't you supposed to be in Spain or some shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  Sometimes this place makes me want to self harm.
                                                  I reckon thats why women eat so much cake
                                                  One woman says something stupid or inane, women beside her smiles politely and says christ give me a big lump of cake

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                      I reckon thats why women eat so much cake
                                                      One woman says something stupid or inane, women beside her smiles politely and says christ give me a big lump of cake
                                                      That's mad,Ted

Comment

I think this website was found a couple months too late

Comment

The thread title is brilliant, cheered me up no end.

Comment

Comment

Once again, i just have to say that pokerstars support is the absolute nuts.

Not going to go into any details, but after an email, they just refunded me my buyin to the last 4 STTs i played ($60,$38,$16,$16)

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                Aren't you supposed to be in Spain or some shit?
                                                                Not leaving till this afternoon, balls to shave yet...
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                  Have they got rid of the idea that women can get the pension earlier than men?

What? I do a bit of stuff in relation to pensions and the like in college and never heard this. Surely that mad insanity????!!!!!! Did that actually happen at some stage? I can't believe that it still happens. Its just too ridiculous. Genuine questions!

Comment

Comment

just looked it up there, and it seems i'm wrong. State pension age in UK is 60 for women and 65 for men, but it's equal in Ireland.

Fairly certain it also happened in Ireland. Was something to do with men dying younger or women not usually working.
                                                                      Thanks. Thats crazy that women can take pensions earlier in the UK, and did in the past in Ireland. Crazy crazy stuff. I'm sure they have some justification, but its just crazy. I never knew that so cheers! Very interesting anyways!

Comment

This is fucking ridiculous

It's all an illusion

Comment

Have they got rid of the idea that women can get the pension earlier than men?
                                                                          Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post

What? I do a bit of stuff in relation to pensions and the like in college and never heard this. Surely that mad insanity????!!!!!! Did that actually happen at some stage? I can't believe that it still happens. Its just too ridiculous. Genuine questions!
                                                                          Such sexism!

Do ye not realise that we live in an society where women have to be treated as equals unless things are a bit better for them, whereas things have to be left in their favour

I think some of the population dont understand what equality actually is at all at all!
                                                                          :insertwhateversmileyyokeyalikehere:

Comment

there is some major Lulz in this thread today - BrianByrne is/has always been in bits and if Ryan hatfield is eddie durkin there is no amount of facepalm on the interwebs that will do it justice

Comment

who is eddie durkin/chris or whoever it is that you think iam?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                there is some major Lulz in this thread today - BrianByrne is/has always been in bits and if Ryan hatfield is eddie durkin there is no amount of facepalm on the interwebs that will do it justice
                                                                                Eddie Durkin.... is there some sort of link to this chap?

Comment

Am a big fan of the new pension arrangements. Going to have a huge effect on the wealth of the country. Just hope they have the balls to follow through now.

As i'm guessing we're all aware the current pension age of 65 was set at a time when maybe only 20% of people lived over 65. (figures may not be exactly correct, but the jist is the same)
                                                                                  Some genius business type i saw interviewed last year about pensions said that they will eventually have to go as they were a middle class dream that are a modern invention and would be laughed at by people in the future

He was probably right but not enough jobs for everyone so better to have pensioners than unemployed 75 yr olds
                                                                                  + planet wont last that long anyhu

By the time most of us get to pension age id say part time jobs will be par for the course for old people!...???
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 04-03-10, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                    Lies!
                                                                                    It's all an illusion

Comment

I just reread all the posts from this morning and there is no mention of Chris, so it's safe to say you have just outed yourself yet again.

Comment

Who said anything about anyone called Chris?

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                          I just reread all the posts from this morning and there is no mention of Chris, so it's safe to say you have just outed yourself yet again.
                                                                                          Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          LOL I was just thinking the same thing. Beautiful work. The level of stupidity involved makes it taste so sweet.
                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

For the love of god will we never be rid of this wanker

Comment

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                Excellent
                                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Flushdraw in a PM actually, i posted my facebook - get over it man

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                    Not leaving till this afternoon, balls to shave yet...
                                                                                                    No point shaving the balls unless the bush gets a trim too. Zohan would not approve.

Comment

For the love of god will we never be rid of this wanker
                                                                                                      What the fuck is your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                        Such sexism!

Do ye not realise that we live in an society where women have to be treated as equals unless things are a bit better for them, whereas things have to be left in their favour

I think some of the population dont understand what equality actually is at all at all!
                                                                                                        :insertwhateversmileyyokeyalikehere:
                                                                                                        Modern talk of sexism tilts me so so so so much. My girlfriend gets really pissed at me when I try to explain that a lot of things are now more sexist towards men because of the necessity of "equality."

If you imagine a guy and a girl, both equally skilled working the same job. They have equal probabilities of illness, and the effect of lighter mortality for women is negligible in this example. The girl has some probability p of being on maternity leave at some point in her life, for which she will receive pay. This will have a greater expected value than a man's expected paternity leave. So over the course of their working lives in the firm, the man will be expected to work more hours for the company (remember that they are both equally skilled) so he will earn more for the company. Thus, is it not sexist that the man gets paid the same amount as the woman?

The arguments I've heard so far are:
                                                                                                        1) "Children are needed to keep the economy going long term.": Sure, but irrelevant to this example.
                                                                                                        2) "Lighter mortality for women": This is pretty negligible over working ages in comparison to P(Motherhood), and anyway, if an employee dies, the company doesn't occur any additional costs. Might make a slight difference to P(Illness) towards end of working career, but is at least offset by higher absence rates for females in general (there are a couple of reports on this floating around AFAIK, but I'm not going to either look for them or link.)

Can anyone give me a good reason why an employer would choose to hire the female over the male in this situation? Am I sexist?

I'm not taking this from a society's point of view obv, but from a businesses.

Comment

Never heard about this project, stupid farmers.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                            Never heard about this project, stupid farmers.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0302/eagle.html
                                                                                                            There has been very many cases of this AFAIK.

Comment

Modern talk of sexism tilts me so so so so much. My girlfriend gets really pissed at me when I try to explain that a lot of things are now more sexist towards men because of the necessity of "equality."

If you imagine a guy and a girl, both equally skilled working the same job. They have equal probabilities of illness, and the effect of lighter mortality for women is negligible in this example. The girl has some probability p of being on maternity leave at some point in her life, for which she will receive pay. This will have a greater expected value than a man's expected paternity leave. So over the course of their working lives in the firm, the man will be expected to work more hours for the company (remember that they are both equally skilled) so he will earn more for the company. Thus, is it not sexist that the man gets paid the same amount as the woman?

The arguments I've heard so far are:
                                                                                                              1) "Children are needed to keep the economy going long term.": Sure, but irrelevant to this example.
                                                                                                              2) "Lighter mortality for women": This is pretty negligible over working ages in comparison to P(Motherhood), and anyway, if an employee dies, the company doesn't occur any additional costs. Might make a slight difference to P(Illness) towards end of working career, but is at least offset by higher absence rates for females in general (there are a couple of reports on this floating around AFAIK, but I'm not going to either look for them or link.)

Can anyone give me a good reason why an employer would choose to hire the female over the male in this situation? Am I sexist?

I'm not taking this from a society's point of view obv, but from a businesses.
                                                                                                              Breasts !
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

On boards it always seemed relatively easy for Mods/Admins to spot alternate accounts, is that not the case here?

Comment

Originally posted by Essien View Post
                                                                                                                  On boards it always seemed relatively easy for Mods/Admins to spot alternate accounts, is that not the case here?
                                                                                                                  Odds on this being an alternate account just dramatically shortened.

Comment

Originally posted by Essien View Post
                                                                                                                    No, because i still dont know what theyre talking about, who is eddie durkin? and what did he do

Comment

No, because i still dont know what theyre talking about, who is eddie durkin? and what did he do
                                                                                                                      you seem to find fail in life just as the cactus finds water in the desert

Comment

Odds on this being an alternate account just dramatically shortened.
                                                                                                                        Indeed, but RyanHatfield claims it isn't, cant the admins verify it (to some degree) by checking IP's or something to that effect

Comment

I was in a meeting with a CEO one time who had a major project fail because he ran out of people to deliver it. 5 of his 9 key staff were on various forms of Maternity leave and he was whining that they had done every thing they could and that no one could have predicted that so many of his staff would be out on what he called 'sick leave'.
                                                                                                                          Excuse me you hired a load of young Women in their late twenties and thirties, what did you expect you fckn imbicile ... I put it as politely as I could but most of the women inbvolved never really warmed to me again after that
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X