• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on CHD time atm so G'nite folks..call me if I'm not back by 7
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      Liverpool reject £40 million bid from Chelsea for striker Fernando Torres

Liverpool have rejected an audacious £40 million bid from Chelsea for Fernando Torres as the champions attempt to kick-start their faltering attempts to strengthen Carlo Ancelotti’s squad before Monday’s transfer deadline.

Opr
      I seriously do not like the mutterings I'm hearing today about this.
      No buyout clause, Torres open to move.....
      Trying to unsettle before the game next week or something to it?
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        I seriously do not like the mutterings I'm hearing today about this.
        No buyout clause, Torres open to move.....
        Trying to unsettle before the game next week or something to it?
        Just read that on sky sports, Balaque can fuck off. Relying on Ngog for the year doesn't bear thinking about

Comment

When I was in Vegas in January I saw a bit of this jersey shore and now with all this talk of it here I want to see more!!!

Im a technophobe though, is there anywhere I can go and just press play and watch it or do I have to download it? latter is a deal breaker!

Comment

There's a new snooker tournament starting @ 6pm on SS1 should be class, here are the rules:

One Frame Knock-out.

Maximum ten minutes per frame

Shot clock: first five minutes at 20 seconds, next five minutes at 15 seconds

All fouls to result in opposing player having the ball in hand. Clock starts when the player takes the cueball.

Players must hit a cushion (with the cue ball OR the object ball) or pot a ball on every shot.

Players 'lag' for who breaks (winner decides)

Blue ball shoot out in event that points are tied in frame (winner of lag decides who goes first). Cueball placed in D.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
              Never and that drives me mad lol himself goes in with a grisham book and forgets to come out!

i cant understand it surely to god it doesnt take that long, so why sit on a piece of small wood, plastic etc weird lol
              Oh yes,sure,that's what he's doing,he's just reading his book.Honest.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                There's a new snooker tournament starting @ 6pm on SS1 should be class, here are the rules:

One Frame Knock-out.

Maximum ten minutes per frame

Shot clock: first five minutes at 20 seconds, next five minutes at 15 seconds

All fouls to result in opposing player having the ball in hand. Clock starts when the player takes the cueball.

Players must hit a cushion (with the cue ball OR the object ball) or pot a ball on every shot.

Players 'lag' for who breaks (winner decides)

Blue ball shoot out in event that points are tied in frame (winner of lag decides who goes first). Cueball placed in D.

Ugh, sounds terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                  When I was in Vegas in January I saw a bit of this jersey shore and now with all this talk of it here I want to see more!!!

Im a technophobe though, is there anywhere I can go and just press play and watch it or do I have to download it? latter is a deal breaker!
                  Here you go and enjoy

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                    Ugh, sounds terrible.
                    I think it'll be very entertaining and at least they're trying to liven the game up. It's been dying a death for years.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Thanks Danny

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        How the hell did ye manage to get all the chips in there?
                        YOu have never met Nuck at four card bingo table I assume
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some help needed: my friends recently had their 2nd child and, going with the theme started with their eldest, used an Irish name that I'm not 100% how to pronounce. She is Doireann - anyone know how to pronounce this?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            Some help needed: my friends recently had their 2nd child and, going with the theme started with their eldest, used an Irish name that I'm not 100% how to pronounce. She is Doireann - anyone know how to pronounce this?
                            I would pronounce it Dir-in

Comment

Deer - in

Comment

If you're a liverpool fan, it might be best not too look in the spoiler

SPOILER
                                Sounds like torres is pushing for the move to Chelsea
                                http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...sfer-liverpool

Comment

Door-rean?

Edit: Google translate

Last edited by MegaSin; 28-01-11, 14:38.

Comment

what careca said

Pronunciation guide: Learn how to pronounce Doireann in Irish with native pronunciation. Doireann translation and audio pronunciation

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      I would pronounce it Dir-in
                                      Its this way.

Comment

Dont fuck with the baldies

Comment

£40-50m for Torres is a very good deal for Liverpool and a bad one for Chelsea imo. The rest of Liverpool's season is pretty irrelevant. They are not qualifying for the CL and not getting relegated, they need to focus on rebuilding the squad for the future. Torres is a crock who doesn't want to be there anymore. Reinvest the money in Suarez, Young / N'Zogbia, a-n-other striker and it's good business.

Chelsea will be getting a player who may well be finished already as a consistently fit and firing player. Take the money imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post

SPOILER
                                            These stories all emanate from an interview Guillem Balague gave this morning in which he said he has been told that Torres wants to keep negotiations open and that he does not have a $50 buy out clause.

He is a complete and utter spoofer who pretends to have inside information on Liverpool when he has none. He has been pretty much been made to look like a fool with some of things he has said in the past. He has even gone so far as having to delete blog posts on his website because they were so far off the mark and made him look so bad.

Two journalists who I trust much more in regards Liverpool news have just posted an article that as good as call him a liar. I mean if he has access to such inside information and knows Torres intent how come he also doesn't know that Liverpool did actually insert a £50m clause in his contract.

Ben Smith and Tony Barrett

Liverpool were bracing themselves for an improved bid from Chelsea today as the battle to prize Fernando Torres away from Anfield gathered pace. Chelsea had a £35 million bid for the Spain forward rejected yesterday as Roman Abramovich sanctioned a club-record bid in the hope it would be enough to snare a player whom the Chelsea owner has long admired.

Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea manager, refused to comment on the issue this morning, batting away questions from the assembled media by saying, “Torres is not my player.” But despite Ancelotti’s attempts to play down Chelsea’s official approach, Liverpool are expecting an improved offer imminently, although they remain steadfast in their belief that Torres will remain at Anfield.

“I don’t want to speak about this, you will have to ask the club,” Ancelotti said. “He is not my player and I have to have respect for Liverpool. I am happy because the club is doing a fantastic job in this transfer market. The club is trying to do everything to improve the squad. For tomorrow I don’t need more strikers. Maybe in the future, I don’t know.”

Yesterday, Chelsea were told that Liverpool have no interest in selling the 26-year-old, who has shown signs recently of returning to the kind of form that marked him out as one of Europe’s most lethal strikers. Officials at Anfield also made it clear that they would not welcome any further bids.

Torres’s future has long been surrounded by uncertainty and speculation, mainly because of Liverpool’s failure to challenge for honours since he joined the club from Atlético Madrid in July 2007. It had been suggested that he would depart Anfield last summer but, after returning from the World Cup in South Africa, he vowed to remain, stressing that his “commitment and loyalty to the club and its fans is the same as it was on the first day that I signed”.

Although it was not publicised at the time, Liverpool had inserted a clause in to Torres’s contract that would allow him to leave in the event of a club making a £50 million offer for his services. Chelsea’s bid falls some way short of that figure and if, as expected, they return with an improved offer, it is unlikely to be higher than £40 million.

They believe that their interest will prompt Torres to seek a transfer in the summer, even though his £110,000-a-week contract does not expire until the summer of 2013. There is also a fear that the player may be injury-prone.

Liverpool are endeavouring to put together a squad that would prove to Torres and the club’s other top players that they can realise their ambitions at Anfield. FSG remains hopeful that a deal will be struck with Ajax during the January transfer window that would enable Luis Suárez to sign, a move that would underline their intent to recruit the best available talent. Frank De Boer, the Ajax manager, says he is hopeful that Suarez will stay but admitted there was a 50-50 chance he would join Liverpool. “From the bottom of my heart, I hope on Sunday for our next match with NAC that I can call on him,” he said, “I think it is a 50-50 chance that Suarez continues (with us). They know what we want for Suarez. Luis is gone when they pay that amount. I expect to get a higher bid. Liverpool know what they have to pay, if they do it by the weekend then we will have time to take action.”
                                            Opr

Comment

Jersey Shore kinda spoiler.

SPOILER
                                              In the latest episode Sammie Hit's ronnie fairly hard in the face after a fight and they showed it a few times. In the first season snookie gets hit by some "juicehead" and they would not show it. Anyone else think that by doing so it's projecting that women hitting men is not as bad as men hitting women?

Comment

SPOILER
                                                I think it's something that Ancelotti said to Torres that really struck a chord with him. Went along the lines of "we're the ones that can make dreams come true. The fans can't play so they live their dream through us...
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                  Jersey Shore kinda spoiler.

SPOILER
                                                  In the latest episode Sammie Hit's ronnie fairly hard in the face after a fight and they showed it a few times. In the first season snookie gets hit by some "juicehead" and they would not show it. Anyone else think that by doing so it's projecting that women hitting men is not as bad as men hitting women?
                                                  Think they had to pull it after all the complaints they got. It is proper vicious.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    £40-50m for Torres is a very good deal for Liverpool and a bad one for Chelsea imo. The rest of Liverpool's season is pretty irrelevant. They are not qualifying for the CL and not getting relegated, they need to focus on rebuilding the squad for the future. Torres is a crock who doesn't want to be there anymore. Reinvest the money in Suarez, Young / N'Zogbia, a-n-other striker and it's good business.

Chelsea will be getting a player who may well be finished already as a consistently fit and firing player. Take the money imo.
                                                    As a Spurs fan pointed out to me this morning you have now got strength in depth in almost every position on the field but the one thing that severely lacks towards being the finished article is the lack of a true world class striker. Its all very well saying its good business but these players don't grow on trees and are very rare in world football.

Who is saying we don't have the money already to invest in Suarez, Young / N'Zogbia ?

I guess time will tell how much of a crock Torres turns out to be

Opr

Comment

I think a happy, motivated Torres playing in a competitive team is worth the 40m for sure.

Assuming the deal does go through, it will be very interesting to see just what the Torres money can actually buy ... pretty much every player they're interested in will have seen his asking price raised this afternoon

Comment

These stories all emanate from an interview Guillem Balague gave this morning in which he said he has been told that Torres wants to keep negotiations open and that he does not have a $50 buy out clause.
                                                        Opr
                                                        Balague is a spoofer, but the story I linked to came from Andy Hunter and Sid Lowe ... Hunter is normally pretty clued in when it comes to all matters Liverpool afaik

Comment

Balague is a spoofer, but the story I linked to came from Andy Hunter and Sid Lowe ... Hunter is normally pretty clued in when it comes to all matters Liverpool afaik
                                                          It looks to be like a complete rehash, sure some of the article almost reads word for word what Balague said to Sky this morning.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            How the hell did ye manage to get all the chips in there?
                                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            YOu have never met Nuck at four card bingo table I assume
                                                            This. Think I may have check-raised the flop a small c-bet on the flop and then gotten shoved on by another player who I didn't really believe. Not sure. Blinds were only 400-800 at final table (and this was about 20 mins before that) so definitely not a case of it being short-stack poker either. Def not one for the Omaha manuals

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vts8TzjeRBE&feature=fvwrel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vts8TzjeRBE&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

English version of a Eurovision winner. I like.

Comment

Reports saying Holloway has offered to resign as Blackpool manager over the fines.

Comment

As a Spurs fan pointed out to me this morning you have now got strength in depth in almost every position on the field but the one thing that severely lacks towards being the finished article is the lack of a true world class striker. Its all very well saying its good business but these players don't grow on trees and are very rare in world football.

Who is saying we don't have the money already to invest in Suarez, Young / N'Zogbia ?

I guess time will tell how much of a crock Torres turns out to be

Opr
                                                                  Ya, spuds have only scored one more league goal than us this season so far, which I was surprised to find.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    I think it's something that Ancelotti said to Torres that really struck a chord with him. Went along the lines of "we're the ones that can make dreams come true. The fans can't play so they live their dream through us...
                                                                    Kenny said that to Torres.

No chance Torres would sign for Chelsea I dont think.

Comment

I'll miss 5starpools signture picture if Torres moves to Chelski. Who would he put in instead hmmmm. Nobody left really is there?

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_8dafLxLcI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_8dafLxLcI&feature=related[/ame]

Time for revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                          Reports saying Holloway has offered to resign as Blackpool manager over the fines.
                                                                          The initial fine was such a joke decision.

Will West Ham be fined £2million for fielding an understrength team all year?

Comment

Fair sickened ment to be going to clonmel in the morning , went to bed with a small pain in my tooth woke up this morning with a swelling the size of a sliothar on the side of my mouth , hope the antibiotics kick in quick.

Comment

Is it posssible the Torres story was the one that the Guardian was going to release at 5.30 yesterday?

Could they have pulled it at the last minute for some reason?

Comment

Spurs should be fined for fielding an overrated team.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                  Spurs Liverpool should be fined for fielding an overrated underperforming team.
                                                                                  fyp

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                    Kenny said that to Torres.

No chance Torres would sign for Chelsea I dont think.
                                                                                    My bad, it was Kenny who said that. Nando is Scouse through and through, cut him and he even bleeds red.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

10 years to the day since the best match Ive ever been at.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5S4KorpE0[/ame]

Comment

IT's POETS day. ( Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday)

Bye now. :-)

Comment

Also people saying Liverpool could use the 50million or whatever to sign Suarez, Young and N'Zogbia surely if the owners are serious we shouldnt need to sell to buy those.

Babel was sold for 7million and N'Zogbia should only cost a couple million more.
                                                                                          11m for Aquilani in the Summer would pay for Young as he'd only have 12months left on his contract.
                                                                                          That leaves just Suarez which the new owners should be able to pay for themselves at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                            Think they had to pull it after all the complaints they got. It is proper vicious.

jasus, that pretty sick !

Did the guy who hit her get the shite kicked out of him after ?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                              How many teeth?
                                                                                              BEAT: had bottom two out, they were huge though and embedded down towards jaw, sticthes in gums and under tongue.

BRAG: it seems that Ganso will be joining Milan in June. Havent been this excited about a signing since Kaka. The kid looks like he will be an instant hit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idvGWlvRHyE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

guy who hit that her is the spit of one of my mates. Guess I will have to give him a call and find out if he has ggone on holidays to the states recently.

Comment

Don't think so, cops were on top of quickly. Think it turned out he was a local gym teacher or something, so was obviously fired pretty quickly.

Comment

Re Holloway: I strongly believe this is false outrage about the fine and he's been looking for any little reason to jump ship and leave on a high. I draw a lot of parallels with Owen Coyle last season at Burnley. People couldn't fathom why he'd leave for a team lower in the table(Bolton at the time) but look where the two clubs are now.

Blackpool like Burnley don't really have the infrastructures or wealth to realistically maintain Premiership status medium-long term and Holloway knows this IMO. If he leaves now he'll definitely get another Premiership Job, Maybe West Ham.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                      This. Think I may have check-raised the flop a small c-bet on the flop and then gotten shoved on by another player who I didn't really believe. Not sure. Blinds were only 400-800 at final table (and this was about 20 mins before that) so definitely not a case of it being short-stack poker either. Def not one for the Omaha manuals
                                                                                                      Man I wish I could run a quater of as good as you do.

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                      Don't think so, cops were on top of quickly. Think it turned out he was a local gym teacher or something, so was obviously fired pretty quickly.
                                                                                                      What The C Kid said.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                        Re Holloway: I strongly believe this is false outrage about the fine and he's been looking for any little reason to jump ship and leave on a high. I draw a lot of parallels with Owen Coyle last season at Burnley. People couldn't fathom why he'd leave for a team lower in the table(Bolton at the time) but look where the two clubs are now.

Blackpool like Burnley don't really have the infrastructures or wealth to realistically maintain Premiership status medium-long term and Holloway knows this IMO. If he leaves now he'll definitely get another Premiership Job, Maybe West Ham.
                                                                                                        Seen another story earlier about Holloway as well that in his contract he can get some £££ from the sale of players? Seems kinda strange to me.

Why should a manager benefit from the sale of players? Surely all money should go to the club?

Comment

Spanish digital T.V. is quality. I roll out of bed at 3, make some lunch, turn on the t.v. and the Big Lebowski is just starting, or should I say El Gran Lebowski. Despite it being in Spanish and at least the tenth time I've seen it it's still quality!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            Seen another story earlier about Holloway as well that in his contract he can get some £££ from the sale of players? Seems kinda strange to me.

Why should a manager benefit from the sale of players? Surely all money should go to the club?
                                                                                                            Blackpool saw Holloways history at previous clubs of buying cheap and selling at a profit and wished to tap into this - so they encouraged him to continue it by giving him an incentive in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              Honest to god I think this is an urban legend - its been alleged about everyone from golfers to boxers to tennis players over the year, and people seem to accept it as fact.
                                                                                                              But I've never ever seen actual evidence of it, would like to see even one example of a journalist referring to someone as English/British one day and Scottish or whatever the next day when they are beaten.
                                                                                                              Greg Rusedski was always "British" when he was a moderately successful tennis player.

Then there was some drugs scandal with him (I think it turned out to e a storm in a teacup but can't really remember) and for the first time I learned what his actual nationality was because Sky News started referring to him as "Canadian tennis player Greg Rusedski".

It was incredibly tilting tbf, although I don't think I'd let it influence how much I like/root for the played himself.

Comment

Its this way.
                                                                                                                Know two girls, both spelled the same, both pronounced differently
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                                  Also people saying Liverpool could use the 50million or whatever to sign Suarez, Young and N'Zogbia surely if the owners are serious we shouldnt need to sell to buy those.
                                                                                                                  Spurs and Liverpool have both been strongly interested in Suarez (Spurs also irons in the fire with Forlan, Fabiano, Benzema) and Spurs "in the knows" have been lol'ing at Liverpool with their attempts to get him on the cheap for a good while. Maybe it's just brinkmanship but it didn't strike one reading all the stuff that Liverpool had a lot of financial clout this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                    Know two girls, both spelled the same, both pronounced differently
                                                                                                                    Meet one during the day ond one in Coppers by any chance?

Comment

Spurs and Liverpool have both been strongly interested in Suarez (Spurs also irons in the fire with Forlan, Fabiano, Benzema) and Spurs "in the knows" have been lol'ing at Liverpool with their attempts to get him on the cheap for a good while. Maybe it's just brinkmanship but it didn't strike one reading all the stuff that Liverpool had a lot of financial clout this month.
                                                                                                                      forlan, fabiano or benzema would be such an addition to Spurs going forward. No sign of them trying to get a cental defender I suppose as I am sure dawson is due another long term injury soon

Comment

Meet one during the day ond one in Coppers by any chance?
                                                                                                                        lol at meeting them during the day

meet in coppers --> get phone number ---> add on facebook because its "easier to chat there" ----> get her email addy so that you dont have to sift through the names adding 5 people with her name -----> Add, quickly peruse the profilers (which are were she thinks looks best), if all look bleak, delete swiftly as the rest of the photos will just be worse.
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

A brand new Samsung GalaxyS just arrived on my desk in work, which is rather nice.

A bit daunting though, looks a tad more complicated than the rather aged Nokia that I've been using for the last 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X